Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Imelda Tue Aug 01 2017, 07:29

» Call to Arms (Private)
by Ardent Mon Jul 31 2017, 22:29

» Skylar Agnar, Traveler of the Realms
by Skylar Mon Jul 31 2017, 03:46

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by Guest Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

» Tion, the Dragon of Wind
by Vyllaea Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:30

Top posting users this month

Share | 

Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Tue Nov 29 2016, 11:25

First topic message reminder :

Light danced through the surface of the water, a small smile dancing on her lips. Fish of glorious colours swam through the crystal clear waters which flowed from the Eye of the Gods. The safe haven and keeping place of the future fragments. The rather brightly scaled mermaid moved her tail in a flicking motion, causing the fish to scatter before coming back to investigate the salmon coloured tail.

Vyllaea's hands ran through the coral next to her, fingers wrapping around the freely flowing seaweed. She hummed quietly to herself, before, in a rather powerful and sudden movement, she would arch forward and dive between the fish. Her tail broke the surface for a few moments, before slashing back through the water. Thankfully, none of the creatures which dwelled in the sea really wanted to murder her at this current point in time. Besides, her break was almost up. It'd take at least five minutes for the guardian to walk back to her post, and she still needed to get changed back into the clothing she stuffed in the shrubs near the waters' edge.

Her brightly coloured tail flicked in annoyance again.

It was quite boring to her, standing around, emotionless and stubborn, heartbreaking almost. The difference between herself at home and at work painfully obvious to her. But she, slowly, learnt not to care about what people thought of her, especially when she was on duty.

She grumbled to herself again, taking a path to cut through the other inhabitants of the waters. It wasn't as if anything bad would happen... Right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet
Name:: Cedric Vael
Alternate Accounts: Syrein

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 11:22

The simple form of kindness mentally staggered Cedric. She had taken the time to help him back to the eatery, even got him food. Plates of the fish were in front of him, cooked in different ways. Thankful for the energy, the Paradigm scarfed as much as he could down. His body immediately felt better, calories burning away the injuries from the fight. Odin's eye felt immediately better, the headache completely gone.

"You shouldn't have done that Ced... Honestly, you could have died..."

The words put pause to his dining. She was quiet, almost sensitive to anyone who could be listening. It'd explain why she had put him in the corner most booth, away from larger ears. Swallowing his bite, he stared down at the food thoughtfully.

"If I hadn't, those two would've gotten themselves killed. More importantly, your job was hard enough as was. Sure, you're a being of water, but even you can't keep up with something like that forever. Best thing to do was to get it out of its element..." Shrugging away his headache, he stapled on one last comment. "Besides. I couldn't watch you get hurt."

The admittance was enough to shoot a stab of pain through his eye, making Cedric hiss from the agony. It was hard not to scream. He knew why, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starswithinourreach.forumotion.com
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 13:04

Why the hell did she even bother? His tone had been genuine enough, to the point where she would even go do far as to believe that he was telling the truth. To the point where she felt as if she could trust him. But the very thought, the very idea was destroyed like glass as he hissed in pain.

Instantly, she would step behind the broken wall, her heart rebinding itself with chains. Iron rods forged from the law of the one who raised her struck close to home, and the poor girl released a small sigh. "I... I appreciate your help, thank you." A weak smile tugged at her lips, "I'll be sure to make the other two have an appropriate punishment for the stunt which they tried to put through. Maybe bend their arms backwards a little and see if I can get-"

Vyllaea cut herself off from finishing that sentence. Why would a guardian do that? Fighting for someone else and what they wanted was not how she was raised, trained. Whatever you wanted to say, say it with a restrained tongue. Ensure that you mean every damn word you said... It was still the same hellish nightmare. A group of people walked by and her pale eyes caught the scent of smoke. Instinct, a pure instinct suddenly kicked her. Vyllaea's instinct to get up and leave suddenly flared to life, the cold white and cruel eyes staring into her soul. They knew.

They knew.

Well, screw it. If they knew then she would be punished for it in the next few days. She turned to him, giving him a slightly sarcastic remark; "You didn't need to look." Vyllaea would half tease him, well aware of the partial smell which faded rather quickly, the man in charge of delivering the message doing it successfully.

There would be hell to pay tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 13:18

Cedric sucked the cream cheese off of his right thumb and index, watching Vyllaea very closely. Her jade eyes darted, wide with fear after his moment of disturbance. Yes, he was still in pain, but that didn't mean he couldn't see her issue. The woman was dealing with her own curse, it would seem. Her tentative smile returned, and the Paradigm matched it. Hmm.. Something had happened to this lovely being to cause her to make a shield out of her attitude, a wall between her emotions and the world. Something to do with that group that walked by perhaps? She was still unsettled as she teased him. He couldn't give his findings away in his inflection, so he rolled his eyes out of feigned exasperation.

"Oh, yes. Because it's so easy just to turn my back upon a gargantuan monster eating a severely long Siren." Another throb from his frontal lobe. He chose to ignore it again, giving her a contempt glance through slit eyes. The smile that came after though, was a genuine one of teasing. Her humor hadn't changed, which was something he found interesting. Maybe she hid behind more than just a wall of ice? Maybe her true personality was there, but tainted by something else.

Was her past as jaded as her eyes?

Cedric thought long and hard on this, cutting into the last filet of salmon with his fork and knife. The floating table was as good a thing to look at as any, the table just clear enough to make out the form of moving gears. He knew that as soon as the cafeteria was under attack or closed, the automaton would turn into a spider-like creation so as to distract the attackers for the inhabitants to escape. Granted, he'd only ever seen it once, it was enough to make another thought roll into motion. Was it maybe that some outside force was influencing her actions? Her thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 14:10

Vyllaea would raise an eyebrow, crossing her arms in front of her chest as a look of mock anger crossed her face. She accidentally scared someone, who gave her a glass of water before awkwardly leaving again. For a few moments, she felt a little guilty... But oh well. She returned her attention to the feathery man near her. "Are you telling me you can't simply turn away from someone as... fishy as I? Or perhaps you are more like the water, always around my finger, bending to my will?" She asked, almost proving a point as the water within the glass would rise, twirl around her finger...

Vyllaea would twirl the water between her fingers, a hum of amusement coming from her as she watched for his reaction. "Ya know," She glanced across the hall behind Cedric, a frown creasing on her forehead. Vyllaea sighed, "Sorry, anyway, why are you Mr. El grumpy when you haven't eaten-wait no, like earlier? You used... whatever that was... And then the one who tried to eat me comes out. I mean, it's no way to spark an interest in the conversation."

Then she couldn't help herself. The temptation was too great for her. A smirk crossed her face, her eyes sparkling in mischief. Half of the water would suddenly shift and begin a motion to half spray onto Cedric's face, the other portion quickly slipping back into the glass.

There was so going to be hell to pay, but damn, she may as well have a bit of fun while she could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 14:22

He didn't even move before the water dissipated in front of him. The trick was simple, but he'd never tell her. A smile made its way across his face, despite the migraine that now had presented itself. "You know, there's going to be a punishment for this. The ocean of questions this could lead to is a pretty deep thought." Taking a breath, he leaned back-playing with sparks of electricity. He'd never tell his secret, but damn if it was obvious.

His lips pressed together, unsure as to whether he should be candid upon the answer. The sparks of electricity stopped when he clenched his hand into a fist, offering an apologetic smile to Vyllaea. "I.. Physically cannot tell you everything." The migraine gave another throb of warning, and he quickly swallowed down the water to avoid its presence. "My... Eye. Is from my other form, yes." Looking into the swirls, the Paradigm sat in a moment of silence. These next few words could either injure him, or give her an answer. Deciding to go with a serious answer, traces of humor left his face.

"I need food to survive, more so than normal people. I metabolize the calories extremely fast to... Supply myself with.." More and more pulses mad him rub his face under the talisman, light beginning to grow in a slight hum. Damn. "I'm radioactive, without caloric help."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 14:46

Vyllaea scrunched her face in a slight annoyance as the bird man decided to spoil her fun. She leaned back in her chair, grinning at the words. "Well, you sure know how to shock the fun from people... But I'll admit, questions will simply flow on from here."

There it was again, the apologetic smile. She was almost disappointed when he continued to speak, before his face became serious. The time for fun and games were over.

She listened with interest, her expression serious while she did so. Radioactive? Then how was he alive,  the man looked to be at least her age, if not older. But she would be willing to put money on the secondary thought, that he was older than she was. By how much, she probably wouldn't know, but definitely older. Thoughts crossed her mind, some which she would delve into tonig-no, another night. Vyllaea would keep this hidden at all costs.

Even if it was against her orders. Hoping that Cedric knew she took him seriously, she would nod slowly, before having a slight spark in her eye again

"And here I was thinking that-..." She dropped her voice down, "I had a bad time being cooped up at the place I live... But I can't imagine living with that and with also something so...

Damn...

Shocking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 14:57

"Honestly I'd like to think of myself as pretty grounded." Leaning back, he gave an easy smile. "You remind me of someone I met a long time ago..." Leaning in seriously, only an inch from her face... his face lost all emotion. "She was a real catch. Her call was haunting, alluring, intoxicating." His eyes took that moment to look her up and down, the light trailing from the movement like an afterimage. "I had to take a dive at the Siege. She didn't take to kindly, and apparently was actually bait." His headache made the light grow slightly, but only under the Talisman. The runes were doing their job, thankfully. His fingers reached up, moving a piece of hair back behind her ear. "I had originally hoped our love could crow. Blossoming into a really beautiful flower. Sadly, chemical warfare exists."

So did women stabbing him in the back.

"That's when she shot me."

His lips pulled up in a wolfish grin, and he couldn't help the static that made his hair stand on end. It wasn't much, but his emotions made a few thoughts imbalanced. Clearing his throat, he returned to his seat. Throwing an arm over the back of the bench, he looked sideways at the Guardian's who watched. Of course they did. Eyes flashing with the energy, he flashed razor canines in response. A challenge to them, daring them to raise their hand in defense. Bastards. They always thought they were better than him.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 15:30

Vyllaea so was going to pay for this, she could almost feel the carving whips across her back, the iron marking her skin... Hot knives running across her side. Her stomach almost flipped, but she pressed her back against the chair to ensure she wouldn't vomit. She shivered, damn that man.

But his face became rather focused, the puns continuing as he spoke, leaning closer to her. A small smile on her face fading a little as he continued. The words mixed together like an enticing dance, daring Vyllaea to step forward and claim the flag, to stab it down, to show him who the real master was. However, his story was both intriguing and heartbreaking, but it made her wonder. How much of that was truth? How much were playing on words?

Vyllaea would follow Cedric's snarl, and she sighed. "I'll admit. Some of us are high and mighty. But, sometimes, you need to understand them before you can truly know what's going on." She said in amusement, before allowing herself to sigh and look to him.

Why couldn't she tell him the truth? He was kind, he seemed trustworthy and hell, he saved her skin just a few hours earlier.

'I'm the only one who cares. I'm the one who raised you and claimed you from the wasteland you were left in.'

Vyllaea looked away. Dammit...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 15:37

"They really ruffle my feathers."

Tapping his finger, he felt his irritation grow a bit. Who was she to understand them like that? Or was it because she wanted him to understand. She was a perfect example of her words, clarifying her point to perfection. With a sigh, Cedric shook his head. "I'm sorry. You're right." A moment of breathing to calm the headache before he continued. "I didn't want you to die, you know." Why was he saying this? Why was he taking a night of sleeplessness and agony just to soothe a woman he had practically just met. By the time of the Council and travel of the portal, it had been two days. Though to them, it felt like mere minutes had passed. That didn't matter, did it?

No, it did. The Council would be waiting for word, but he wouldn't tell them a damned thing. They had made it to where he couldn't even make it into the room to deliver a message as important as the one he held before.

That was another thing that gave him unease.

"The Leviathan was too easy to kill." His eyes narrowed at the Council's passage, as all rooms and pathways lead to it. They were just above the Core, where they thought they'd have the most influence on the world. "Maisen wouldn't have died to that." Shaking his head, pieces were starting to come together, but at what end?

Realizing he was speaking to himself, he awkwardly laughed. "Ah, sorry. Didn't mean to space out."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 16:09

Vyllaea gave a small sigh. It would have been merciful if you had... She thought to herself, giving him a soft smile. "Well... You scared the hell out of me, Cedric." She admitted, giving him a half shrug. Her mind couldn't fathom why she had first extended the hand to him, accepting to scroll to deliver to the council. Never before had she done something so dangerous, something which could cost their career if they weren't careful. Yet, she did it for this weird man, even though he tried to eat her......

Wait, the council... She didn't even realise that Cedric had spoken until he made an apology, stating he didn't mean to space out. A sigh came from her, before she gave him a smile. "I think you should go and have some rest, I'll be heading off to go talk to our wonderful council and explain to them exactly what had happened." Vyllaea said easily, sliding off the booths' seat and onto her feet. She bowed her head to Cedric.

"Thank you for saving my hide. But I... I need to assure you, that this war isn't over... The current behind it is too far too strong to stop." With that, she would wink to Cedric before turning away. Instantly, she chained her heart once more as she walked away, caging it from harm and from risking further punishments. From there, she would do as she said, reporting to the council exactly what had happened. She put a few good words in for Cedric, praising his courage out in the field.

The council eventually dismissed her, but time slowed when she began to wander home. Before she could even reach the door, she heard the voice inside;

"And just who have you found an interest with?" The voice asked, and she could already hear the tinkering of metals inside. She closed her eyes, her lip quivering fearfully. Her hand rose to the door, pushing it open as she stepped in to welcome the punishment she would receive.

No matter how much she spoke, she wouldn't be able to get him to change his mind, to soothe the fury which he extended with open hands. Days upon days would pass, hours dragged on... until he finally released her, her arms red from the bindings. She felt tears sting her eyes and burn her at the same time, the left side of her face all but screaming in agony. However... She couldn't miss another day. She pulled her hair forward, before wrapping a bandage across the mess that was the left side of her face. It'd take days to heal it, and she wasn't even sure if she would come out of this whole ordeal without a scar...

Vyllaea dragged her feet across the ground, aching all over her body. However, her posture was exactly the same, refusing to limp or walk in a way to reveal the injuries she sustained which were slowly going to be healed by the waters... She just needed to get through the gates and to a private room to do it. She approached the gates, her face downcast, well aware of the staring from other guardians...

Oh how she wished she could go invisible...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 16:25

He had followed her. Curiosity was too strong for him not to, silently running along the cold copper tops of the roofs. Her pace was easy to match, and he maintained a hundred feet of distance. Why was she so sad? What was with this woman who was so utterly fascinating that Cedric was breaking his own personal morals to understand her?

There. She opened a door, flinching slightly. Entering the house, Cedric waited.

Until morning.

She didn't exit the house, which made him believe it to be her day off. Dare he intrude upon her personal life, revealing his mistake of following her? No, his pride was far too fragile for something like that to happen face to face. He had spent the entirety of the night thinking about the recent events. His thoughts had brought up the issue of the weapon she had forgotten. Guilt washed through him as he remembered it yet again, her saving his ass had cost her something like that...

Inspiration sparked. Launching down from her neighbor's rooftop, Cedric strode towards the Eye of the Gods. A couple of startled gasps made sure that his entrance onto the street wasn't missed. His goal for that day was to commission a barbed spear. Yes, he could see it now. Pulling out his sketchpad, he began to quicken his stride. The barbs on the end would have rings in them, mainly for an idea he had had about the girl. She needed something to carry that blade on. The end of the spear would have a hole, and between the two a light chain made from enchanted iron.

Satisfied with his sketch, he looked up to find himself outside the Traveler's armory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been days since he last saw her. Guardians came and went through their work gate. He was so, fucking, BORED. The bench he slept and waited on was a typical solar bench, catching the rays of light to convert them into energy blah blah blah. More mechanical bullshit the Traveler couldn't be bothered with. The first day of waiting he had thought of everything the energy could be used for. A sketch page with runes carved into it proved entertaining, until the energy caught the material on fire.

A familiar figure strode by towards the gate, head tilted down slightly to curtain her face. Picking up the spear, he twirled it slightly before barring her path with the blunt end.

"Hail unto thee, Vyllaea Ylldra of the Guardian's path."

Maybe humor would help her out of whatever dour mood she was in. It seemed to work last time, so why not let it work again? The small throb of irritation from his curse caused a falter with his smile, but that was to be expected. He had literally sat here for days without food or water to bring this gift to her. It wasn't that he didn't want nourishment. It was more that he couldn't eat or drink out of guilt that she saved his life, but lost her weapon at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 17:04

A shadow was cast across the ground in front of her and she stopped, refusing to raise her head. The blunt end of a pole was pushed across her path, and she shook her head a little. Kids there days...She had opened her mouth to ask a simple request for her to be left alone.

"Hail unto thee, Vyllaea Ylldra of the Guardian's path."

Of COURSE it had to be him... Of fucking course. Vyllaea's mouth shut quickly, biting the lip gently. How the hell would she go about doing this? He was the one person who she couldn't talk with or be seen near. Vyllaea couldn't associate with him unless it was for work from the council... HE declared that. She felt tears sting her eyes, causing a sharp pain across the injury of her left eye. The pale haired female raised her head to look at him. She was well aware of the rushed bandage that was wrapped across the side of her face. It extended from the middle of her forehead to her jaw, just below the cheek. It covered her eye and the gruesome wound beneath it.

Vyllaea would take in some of the softer details of the long weapon with a glance, her sight blurred from pain caused by tears. Which gave her more pain. And more tears. Oh the joy of an endless cycle...

Vyllaea would let the image of her bandaged face sink in for a few moments, before she would sigh, casting her gaze away again. She didn't want to be seen like this before him. If he looked carefully, he would see the slight favouring of her left leg, her right one taking the majority of her weight. Dammit, why did she want to grab him and just hold him, explain to him everything to him, tell him what happened? Cedric was the exact person who she couldn't tell. But the slightly proud gesture, and the tone of his voice managed to brighten her mood, allowing the corner of her mouth tug into a smile.

Perhaps the injury would answer unasked questions about her...

"P-Please... I'm late..." She stammered, her voice harsh and dry from misuse, the screams draining her of the soft voice she once had. Realising how quiet it was, she sighed, "It's gorgeous, Cedric... But I can't... If they see me with you in public..." Vyllaea's voice failed, and her teeth bit into her cheek.

I'm so damn sorry Cedric, I truly am. She thought to herself, praying that he might understand... Maybe he'd know why she portrayed herself to be a cold hearted bitch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 17:35

Cedric's eyes widened at the sight of the bandage. A slight yellowing told him the wound beneath it was gruesome, tainting the hastily made bandage with whatever medicine was used to heal that. Memories of his eye caused him to stare, horrified. Eyes wide, he felt his body begin to discharge electricity. Why couldn't he control.. This made no sense to him. Anger poured into his body like molten steel, his muscles flexed into a state of trembling.

He knew his snarl was there, his teeth bared as his eye darted around. He'd find whoever the fuck had done this, Light so help him. Was this how the Council had treated her? Or was it deeper than that? She hadn't been back at base in days!

It was hard not to change shape then and there, all to track her energy and eviscerate whoever had dared-

And just like that, he twirled the pole of the spear out of the way, slamming it into the roadwork beside him. The energy spread with a pop, no longer drawn to him. All emotion had drained from his face, and he couldn't help but cringe at what her voice told about her days of being gone.

"Guardian Vyllaea. I bear you a message." He had to be clever about this, especially if what she said were true. "The Water-Kin of Yvatis send their greetings. High priest asked if the bird were in the same area as before, and whether it were irritating you or not still." His one good eye would remain on hers, impassive. Her answer would dictate whether or not he'd get his answers in an honest fashion, or if he'd have to seek another way.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 18:17

Vyllaea flinched before Cedrics snarl, her heart racing. She saw the electricity sparking from him once again. The sight made her take a step back. Maybe that's what he truly wanted to do to her,to end her miserable life there and then. Would he put her out of the misery that she lived through? Or would he abandon her now that he had seen the things which she had dealt with? She had guessed the latter as he spun the spear around. In an elegant movement, he would slam the end back down into the ground.

Confusion danced across her face with Cedrics speech, changing in an instant as he did hear her soft voice. It took her a few moments for her to deconstruct what he was trying to ask her. She swallowed, hoping to soften her voice slightly before she would answer him. She lowered her head, "Thank you... for the message..." She coughed, talking feeling as if she had her throat shoved through a blender. "The... Bird is still here..." Vyllaea struggled to keep talking, "It's not irritating... me though. It's fine."

Was she really going to defy him again?

She moved forward, keeping her head low as she walked past him. Vyllaea held her hand near the hilt of the sword. A clear fluid would flow from it, and she felt it reach up her arm, wrapping around it as she kept walking. From there, it trailed down her back, not once coming into contact with the fabric of her clothing. It wrapped around the injury, the gash oh so slowly healing from the contact with the water. Thankfully, the injury was shallow enough for this to work... But something like her face would require much more time and dedication to heal. Something which the man deliberately didn't give her. There was a high chance that her entire face would scar, but she prayed that the waters would be able to heal them.

From there, she would go to be on duty for the next four hours, and when her first break came, she would move away from the gates, move away. If he remembered and if he had paid attention, he would recognise the direction that she took.

A rather familiar river.

She would walk up to its banks, collapsing to her knees at the edge of it. Every damn limb ached, her back a sheen of red if her dress were to be removed. Her heart pounded in her chest, her mind unable to focus to control the waters, to heal her.Please don't check here... She silently would beg the man, praying that Cedric wouldn't be seen by him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 19:25

She wouldn't be off for hours. Her only break was going to be early afternoon, and Cedric had time to kill. Calmly walking away, he went through several streets of public before going to one of the riverbanks, taking his bird form in stride. He hid the barbed spear in one of the trees near where they had first met, before taking to the skies and circling over the spot once. Satisfied that it was hidden from sight, he flew down the river bank- diving down to get quick meals of the fish that were there. He'd need his energy if anything were to go wrong with this, and didn't even mind the distasteful act of his avian body feasting on the likes of the fish. The time was coming near, not missed by Cedric in the slightest.

His wings took to the thermals easily, eyes searching the trees for the woman. She had indeed gotten his message, and was crouched on the river bank where they first met. Careful to search behind her for anyone else. Not seeing anyone, he tucked his wings into a gentle dive, landing on the other side of the bank.

He made sure to look at her, tilting his head multiple times to keep the appearance of an animal.

"I didn't see anyone follow."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 19:46

Vyllaea heard the rush of wind behind her, and she quickly stood, her heart skipping a beat. She took a few steps back into the water as she turned around, before looking at the giant bird. Seeing the creature made her hesitate, her hands drawing water up from around the lake. She frowned at the rather large beast, nervously. When it spoke, she recognised the voice and she took a step back towards him.

"I hope not. But..." Vyllaea looked to him, wondering if he would still be able to understand what she was saying. She assumed yes, "I truly want to say that I am sorry if you became startled with this... As ..." Vyllaea gestured to the bandage across her face, "Well, I didn't mean to make you angry earlier."

Vyllaea sighed, before crossing the sand to him, throwing her arms around his neck. "This is what happens when I befriend anyone, or am kind to them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 19:52

Surprise made Cedric blink a little, eyes softening. Gently, he'd take his human form to pull the younger woman into a hug. His muscles trembled from the pain, the talisman emitting slight sparks from what the contact meant. She was punished too...

"That makes two of us..."

Putting his lips to the top of her head, he rubbed her back. Violent shakes went through him, the pain almost unbearable. His eye watered, crying from the agony of showing her care. His words had almost triggered the taboo. The shakes were a warning. But, she needed it. She needed a familiar feel, to have someone to hold her and comfort her. Inhaling deeply, he took note that she smelled very much like jasmine.

Pulling away gently, Cedric opened his satchel to take out a fresh bandage and ointment. The poultice was medicinal, antibiotics in the gel for what he knew would be a hard time for her. His body was still shaking from the curse, he didn't dare speak to her. Instead, he gently rubbed a thumb across her right cheek- almost seeking permission to give her what help he knew he could. He was an expert at losing eyes, after all..
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:35

She rested her head against the chest of the bird, her tears staining the back feathers of the great bird. Vyllaea felt the bird shift, taking his human form once again. The arms which slid around her were muscular, but something seemed to be wrong, he was shaking.

"That makes two of us..."

Vyllaea felt his lips rest against the top of her head, his hand rubbing her back as she hold him gently. What was he doing, contact like this wasn’t allowed by any one aside from the one who claimed to have saved her. She felt tears from gently land on her face, and she bit her tongue. Simply by doing this, he was experiencing pain. And she could almost tell that it was a hell of a lot of it. She felt slightly conflicted, confused. Whenever... He decided to have contact... It was never this kind, never this gentle.

As he pulled away from her, she wanted to grab his hand, stop him from leaving. But like he said, showing affection caused them both agony. That was the last thing that she wanted. The cage around her heart melted, the bars yielding from him.

He took out a fresh bandage and ointments, medical supplies. . . Her heart fell. She shook her head, not trusting herself to speak. Cedric’s thumb gently pressed rubbed across her right cheek, causing her tears to fall from her eye. She didn’t want to do this, but Vyllaea couldn’t do that to him, not after pain that he was going through to help her. Her hands shaking, she raised them to the bandage. Slowly, the bandage was pulled away, the first few layers coming off clean and easily, however, the last few were claggy, sticking together. Red and yellow markings came with the last few layers.

Her lip quivering, she took the final layer of the bandage away. Underneath was a horrendous site. Even though she had cleared it this morning and whenever she could, a gash of five lines came across in a shallow ark. Burns marked the area that the bandages hid, burns and deep cuts. However, a single injury was much more severe than the other. This one was cleaved down to the bone and as it trailed down her face and back towards her ear. Only a thin layer would stop her from being able to poke a finger through it.

However, after removing the bandages... blood began to well up again in the injury. For her, the eye was incredibly fuzzy, unable to make clear pictures of anything. She half looked to Cedric... Why was she showing him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 21:03

While her wounds were gruesome, it was nothing for him. Her cuts weren't so bad, except for that long one. That was a guaranteed scar. The burns would heal in time, and probably be eaten away with enough vitamin E. Gently, he pulled out his canteen. Using his right thumb to close her eye he poured the water over the wound to clean it off. Once he was sure the blood ran clean, he dipped his right fingers into the poultice.

Giving her a gentle look, the shaking man took a breath. Cedric's tremors stilled enough for him to gently rub the medicine over the wounds, the numbing agent would help her while the green glop hopefully did its job. Once he was sure each injury was covered, he poured more water over his hands to clean them. Prepping the bandage, he placed the white linen over Vyllaea's left eye-focusing the weight on the edges rather than the center for purchase. Hopefully, nothing would stick.

He was crying now. Not just from pain, but by soul-crushing guilt. This marring to her.. It made her even more beautiful. Her face was so determined, yet confused and scared.. It wasn't that the wound wasn't gods-awful. It was the fact that they were because of him that he wanted to fall to his knees, begging for forgiveness. Instead, he pulled her chin up to look him in the eyes. A woman, a flower so extravagant as she... Marred and torn like her.

And it was his damned fault.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 21:49

Vyllaea would quietly hiss at the feeling of the water running across her cheek as his thumb held the eyelid shut. She wanted to pull away, to get back from the freezing touch of the water. It hurt like a thousand tiny blades were stabbing her, and it took everything she had not to move away from him or the water which she normally treasured so much.

Her hand would gently rest against his shoulder, trying to reassure him as he worked, trying to calm down whatever the hell was working against him. Little did she know it would only aggravate it further. The rest of the work was done quickly, but the memories would forever burn in her mind. It was worse having them treated and tended to than it was to be slashed open. She hated it, she hated the feeling that she got from the damn sensation, wanting to vomit from the nausea it created.

She'd always begged for the scars to be hidden... or at least somewhere that she could heal slowly and no one would notice. This was the first which she received on her face. His tears hit home when she saw them fall, feeling herself becoming guilty. She reached out, cupping the side of his face in the palm of her had. Her thumb gently stroked away his tears as Vyllaea looked into his eye, a sad smile forming on her face.

It was a gesture for compassion, as much as a reassurance to her as well as to him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 01 2016, 22:04

She was so gentle.. Her thumb wiping away his tears of guilt and pain. She didn't know what was going on, she just gave him a smile that was as gentle as her eyes.

Gods those eyes... Cedric could feel himself melt as hes stared at her right eye. He was so close, he could taste the jasmine that he knew was the scent coming off of her. It wasn't fair to him that she was gorgeous, gentle, troubled, and fascinating all in one ball of feminine hatred. Ups, downs, lefts, and rights all of it's going around and skewing his sense of reality. He didn't typically go out against someone, especially not women. Always polite and kind in smile, opening doors and writing notes...

But this woman...

He tilted her chin up, bowing his head. Agony flared through his brain as his lips brushed away the tears falling from her eye. He couldn't just let things lie, no. He had to let her know...

His lips moved closer to hers, trailing along her jaw. Before he could get any further, his Talisman flared to life. Stumbling back, Cedric was careful not to take her down with him. His knees hit the soft sand before the rest of his body, muscles seizing up in a pandemic of twitches. Every nerve flashed with an ache that wouldn't be satiated. Laughter bubbled out of him from the torment. For it to be this bad, he really must've fucked up. The laughter cut off shortly, the talisman fizzing out. At least he didn't vomit, this time.

Prone, he stared up at the sky that was seeable through the trees.

He was so fucked.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Fri Dec 02 2016, 07:19

(I'm sorry for the smaller post)

Vyllaea would seem to want to break from Cedric's gentle contact, her heart rising in her throat. His thumb gently cleared her tears, wanting to try and soothe her soul. Why though? Why would he... But as Vyllaea continued to stare into the eyes of Cedric. His heart rose and fell in the cage that was in her chest. Damn the steel bars that wanted to reform.

She felt the gentle feeling of him moving forward, slowly drawing their lips closer together. Her heart skpped a beat, his glorious scent driving her up the wall. Gosh dang it, this man... Was really going to be the death of her.

The last thing that she had expected Cedric to do was to suddenly collapse. She wanted to scream out for him , she wanted to tear away from him the punishment that his body gave to him. Time slowed for her, watching helplessly.

"Why on earth.. Oh fuck, Ced??" Her voiced called out fo him, but it was helpless with his body spazzing... She was stumped.

Either way, she wanted to react wanted to show him that she cared. It would only cause him pain. As time continued, she didn't think she do much more, her contact with Cedric's shoulder gentle. After his body finally laid still.

What caused him to act like this! She snarled questily to herself.

One day she would find out.

On day..

"Damn, Ced.,." She mumbled, her heart in her throat.

Last edited by Vyllaea on Fri Dec 02 2016, 16:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Fri Dec 02 2016, 09:00

It took a handful of minutes for Cedric's heart rate to go down. Every muscle ached from the punishment of the talisman, of having his own gods be damned element used against him. It was the first time he had ever been electrocuted. Swallowing back his pride, he gave Vyllaea a sad look.

"Shocking outcome.. I know."

Sitting up, his head hammered against the walls of his skull like a military force trying to gain entrance into a stronghold. It felt like the first time he had ever gone out drinking, waking up to an agonizing migraine and a tongue that felt like cotton. Shaking off the thoughts, he carefully unpinned his talisman. The runes were still there, slightly glowing in a haphazardly flickering cyan. They would still work, their crafting one of the best of all the Stars. He was silently thankful for his friend's help in this, but realized what he had done.

His smile turned bitter. Now she could easily see the pocketed scar that trailed from his forehead halfway down his face, splitting the left side of his face in an ugly marring. Dots from the molten metal that had done the damage were there, their burn marks unable to be fully healed to this day. He had no left eye. Instead, an orb of pure light darted around, no pupil in its depths. It was the same color as his irises. Washing off the Talisman in the stream, he repined it over his face.

Shakily, he watched Vyllaea out of the corner of his eye. She had a look of concern over her face, the warping of her features lovely in the afternoon light. But the misery in the depths of her eyes sent a spear through the Traveling knight's heart. He hated the look. Loathed himself for giving her such a negative emotion. On cue, a slight snapping came around him. The water was reacting to his calling upon the energies, even if he hadn't realized he had been doing such. Swallowing down his guilt, a sigh escaped Cedric's lips.

"I'm sorry, Vyllaea."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Fri Dec 02 2016, 18:04

Waters almost seemed pained as Cedric's power caused them to slash through them. Vyllaea would give Cedric a smile which matched the tear in her heart. Emotions danced through her soul, their tongues of feeling dragging her away from showing what she truly wanted to show. Damn his curse. Damn her caretaker. If neither of them existed, Vyllaea wouldn't hesitate in stepping forward and carassing his lips in a kiss.

Her eyes couldn't help it as she slowly lowered her gaze, his musclular frame the only thing which her mind would remember. Aside from his face, with features so soft and deliberately gentle. It held an air of kindness, but under it... Was a man which no one would want to mess with. His mood always seemed related to his food, and Vyllaea rose her sad gaze to him again. How could she look away from such gorgeous eyes?

He had taken away the talisman, allowing her to see the damage he had taken. Wounds which had long since been replaced with a delicate white scar. His eye... Was replaced with a brilliant glow, something which Vyllaea had barely witnessed before. But only one thought would go through her mind as he apologised.

He was the most handsome man she had ever laid her eyes on.

Her heart was wrenched at the words, the familiar steel cage rolling around her heart once more.

"Don't be, you're gorgeous." She would say the tears rolling down her cheeks... Also stained the bandage. Maybe there was still a hope in saving the eye. She broke the stationary stance, turning away from him. Her heart screamed at the motion, crying out to clear the tears from his eyes.

"Thank you.. Thank you, Cedric." She said quietly, slowly. The feathered mans face was the only thing her mind would recall, the caring eye, his face covered with the medallion. "Stop washing away my soul with your puns, dammit..." She joked, her eyes squeezing shut after the comment.

She didn't want to return to her damn post. But her time was almost up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Fri Dec 02 2016, 22:20

His heart was breaking as he saw the emotions play across her features. Tears, ones that she should never have to shed, rolled down her cheeks. The light blush was there, a pale rose across alabaster skin. Pained at the compliment, he arose to his full height. "The shores of my heart have been breached by your wave." A smile spread across his lips, brightening his eyes as he looked into hers. Even if it was going to cause him pain, he took Vyllaea's right hand- kissing her fingers. Oh the fire that erupted behind his eye at that motion of tenderness... Both good and bad.

"I'll see you soon, Vyllaea. I promise."

Letting go, he stepped back- leaving room between them enough for him to change. His eyes gave her one last parting glance before his wings unfurled, launching himself into the air. He circled above her. Even aerially she was gorgeous, her pale hair reflecting the light easily. He didn't even have to try to follow her.

A crack of thunder was hidden easily by the gathering clouds, as he pushed his body higher. This was mainly out of anger- as he swore that he'd find the damned bastard who'd done this. Lightning responded to his emotions- nature practically bidding him to wreack justice upon the soul who wronged this girl.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Sat Dec 03 2016, 13:44

Vyllaea felt a bitter smile tug at her lips, her head turning once more to see the bird there once more. Even when he decided to hide his body away, choosing that of the giant avian, he was still a darn handsome bird. The gentle blues shone like water on the tips of his blackened wings.

His gorgeous eyes glowed, the same one which had replaced his other shining brightly against the dark feathers. His great wings extended and with a single flap of his wings, Cedric's form leapt into the sky. "You better keep your promise..." She mumbled, before crossing her arms over her chest, wandering back along the creek, towards the Eye once more.

The rest of her duty was filled with boredom, her eye giving a dull and throbbing ache behind the bandage. Vyllaea occasionally glanced up at the brewing thunderstorms, a small smile on her face. She half begged the skies to open, to let down the gift of rain, to allow the water to soothe the agony she had simply from standing. Injuries marked her skin, but they stayed hidden and safe from the worlds prying eyes under her dress. Slow, careful movements ensured that not a single piece of fabric would move out of place, threatening to expose the secret.

Her final rotation began before she was allowed to head back to her home, and she smiled. Sure, she always liked getting free from her task, sure she wanted to go home, but her smile fell at what she knew it would do to her. What entering those doors would mean. She pressed her hand against a crystal door, her magic entwining with its own. With a low groan, the door swung open. However, for a few moments, her form would freeze.

A man, his hair dark and shoulder length, with eyes the same colour as ice, looked down to her. She felt her heart lock for a few moments, unable to think. Umable to speak. Unable go move. The man raised an eyebrow, "I didn't think Guardians were meant to stare." He said rather simply, before Vyllaea would give a smile, closing the doors behind her. Her pale eyes would watch him, slowly drawing closer as she kept walking, as if to mimic the movements she had made previously. However, he shot a hand out, grabbing her shoulder. She turned, a look of horror crossing her face when he snarled; "Who dared touching you? Who did you show?"

Vyllaea would try to break his grip, but it was like a vice to her, trapping her there. "What do you think you are doing? I'm still on duty, I'm still a gu-"

"You're a lying bitch." He snapped, causing her to inhale sharply. His eyes glowed in anger and, in a simple few moments, they both disappeared in a pillar of fire.

Vanishing into nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Sat Dec 03 2016, 14:01

Cedric continued to circle the Eye, making large loops around the Core. The energy from Light's eye was enough to make him shudder, but the thunderstorm that hid him from prying eyes did much more than that for him. He could feel each gathering of energies, each storm of currents beneath his wings.

Hours went by, ticking away until the clouds gave nothing but darkness. This was no challenge for the avian, as his eyes could see just as well in the darkness as they could in the daylight. Something was wrong. It was past time for her to have left her post, the new shift of Guardians were already walking about. He had hoped she had just been caught up in something, maybe a trivial conversation with a comrade.. But no. Nothing would've taken Vyllaea this long.

Alarm truly set in when Cedric realized that he couldn't track her. There was no way he'd be allowed within the Eye this late, most Travelers had to wait until daybreak to even attempt entering. Changing his path, he was thankful for the storm that hid the sound of his beating wings- curbing the thunderous result in the clouds. The river was running rapid as rain poured from the heavens, but there was still no sign of Vyllaea. Pulling his wings to him, he dove down to retrieve the Spear from its hiding place- thankful for the enchantments that were there to ward off damage to the weapon.

Taking to the skies again, he flew over the copper rooftops of the Housing district- understanding that the purpose of the metal roofs was to conduct the electricity into power for the homes. Diving until about fifteen feet, Cedric turned into his human form just before Vyllaea's door step. Fearful of what he might find, he tentatively opened the door.

Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Sat Dec 03 2016, 14:28

To find a cold, empty house. Aside from basic furniture, there was nothing else which would cover the place. Sure, windows and curtains existed, but the rest of the home was still. Quiet. Save for a faint, FAINT source of heat coming from one of the more hidden rooms, a private library adjacent to the bedroom. However, on the corner of a bed was a tattered and torn picture of a family, a siren holding a small, blanket wrapped object, and a man, one who had stark white hair.

Down through the spiral stairs and through steel, sealed underground via circuits of electricity, five rooms the home was made from. Doors sealed Vyllaea in another room, her arms wrapped around her knees as she slowly rocked. Flames burned around her, arching over her head. Her eyes were shut, but the vivid images of the flames dancing in her mind was enough to throw her away from the ability to manipulate her water. Memories of her home burning to the ground, memories of fire scorching her flesh time and time again... How she managed to keep sane was beyond her.

But, in some ways, she didn't.

However, the door to her was sealed, a punishment for seeing the man again. He rose from his chair, his left hands index finger constantly making a turning figure as the flames continued their vicious dance. Occasionally, he would flick the finger through the center of the invisible circle, and Vyllaea would feel the tongued of wrath burn against her skin.

The man didn't even let her keep the dignity of having something to wear. That would have been too kind, far, far too kind. Her skin was scorched, red and angry, but she simply couldn't find the willpower to summon her element to her aid. Her mind bitterly cursed Cedric and the man for doing this to her. But not even tears would form from her eyes, the room sapping all liquids from her. It was torture.

Her adopted father glanced up, a small light flashing as the door opened to the house, triggered by a small tripwire. He smirked. "Let's see why you've fallen from grace, Vyllaea." He mumbled quietly, putting down the steel blade on the table, the nailed whips pushed to the back of the surface. Other things were on the table as well, things that Vyllaea wished she had never experienced, but she had.

The man shut the door behind him, the temperature in the 2 bedroom underground lair the only thing which could be accessed. There, he would take a seat and wait for this... Thing... To come. His finger continuing the circle... It never faltered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Sat Dec 03 2016, 14:47

The Paradigm's feet felt the wire and his mistake.

Of course, the house was a ploy. Pressing his lips together in a tight line, he knew that someone wasn't going to come out of this whole. Inhaling deeply, he closed his eyes- focusing before unpinning the Talisman from his left eye. The spear was in his right hand, the chains muffled by the second line of runes on the tip of the weapon. He was thankful he'd paid the bastard well for making this weapon.

Striding through the door, he avoided certain parts of the floor space. Things that looked out of place, or well used were considered before movement, but this didn't stop his pace. His left eye was attracted to the area of heat, which at first he thought was a mere anomaly. He continued his way through the house, before deciding to act upon an impulse. Odin's eye demanded that this was the way to act. Lines of electricity were easily sensed by Cedric, a mark of disgust tainting his features.

He followed it, despite the hidden natures of the access. Gods be damned there were fucking stairs.

Rather than following them, Cedric shifted between his forms, cushioning his fall with a feigned set of wings as he leaped into the small hole that defined the spiral column.

Hands and feet on the ground, he couldn't bring himself to look up. A dizzying rush of anger flowed through him, the energies of the place filled with negative magics. Vomit boiled deep in Cedric's stomach, as he realized what this meant. Vyllaea wasn't just abused, or injured adjacently. She was being tortured, in a place that should've been her home dwellings. Odin's eye told Cedric where the energy was, and just how to bend it to his will. Slowly standing, he brought himself to his full height. The spear was held loosely in his right hand, electricity leaping between the prongs of the tip.

Raising his gaze slowly, the Paradigm stared forward.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Sat Dec 03 2016, 15:08

The man hummed to himself, casually leaning back into his chair. His kind, gentle voice called put to the man. "Greetings, how may I be of assistance to you?"

He slowly pushed himself to his feet, the finger continuing the slow circle. The man was undisturbed by the anger in the feather monsters eyes, "What are you doing down here?" He would ask, feigning innocence. If Cedric were to act or display anger or violence in any way, the man would unleash an inferno towards him, while collapsing the constant heat in Vyllaea's room.

However, the female had heard her fathers voice call out. And she frowned. No one came here nor went through the home, it was barren, empty. Slowly she raised her head, her form shaking from stress. Her lips quivered as she saw the flames barring the way out.

She inhaled at their sight, closing her eyes and crawled towards the door. She made it to be within a single meter before the roar of the flames dancing across the walls caused her to flinch away.

But she could feel the moisture of the air just beyond the door...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   

Back to top Go down

Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next