Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Imelda Tue Aug 01 2017, 07:29

» Call to Arms (Private)
by Ardent Mon Jul 31 2017, 22:29

» Skylar Agnar, Traveler of the Realms
by Skylar Mon Jul 31 2017, 03:46

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by Guest Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

» Tion, the Dragon of Wind
by Vyllaea Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:30

Top posting users this month

Share | 

Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Tue Nov 29 2016, 11:25

First topic message reminder :

Light danced through the surface of the water, a small smile dancing on her lips. Fish of glorious colours swam through the crystal clear waters which flowed from the Eye of the Gods. The safe haven and keeping place of the future fragments. The rather brightly scaled mermaid moved her tail in a flicking motion, causing the fish to scatter before coming back to investigate the salmon coloured tail.

Vyllaea's hands ran through the coral next to her, fingers wrapping around the freely flowing seaweed. She hummed quietly to herself, before, in a rather powerful and sudden movement, she would arch forward and dive between the fish. Her tail broke the surface for a few moments, before slashing back through the water. Thankfully, none of the creatures which dwelled in the sea really wanted to murder her at this current point in time. Besides, her break was almost up. It'd take at least five minutes for the guardian to walk back to her post, and she still needed to get changed back into the clothing she stuffed in the shrubs near the waters' edge.

Her brightly coloured tail flicked in annoyance again.

It was quite boring to her, standing around, emotionless and stubborn, heartbreaking almost. The difference between herself at home and at work painfully obvious to her. But she, slowly, learnt not to care about what people thought of her, especially when she was on duty.

She grumbled to herself again, taking a path to cut through the other inhabitants of the waters. It wasn't as if anything bad would happen... Right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Wed Dec 07 2016, 10:57

She had no inkling of the amount of time had passed since she had been both unconscious and conscious. However, Vyllaea felt her powers seep into her wounds, the magic from the runes which she had made healing them. She had been half conscious for a few minutes, the dull pain aching across her entire form as the burns slowly dimmed. However, something that she hadn't been able to heal completely was the scar across her eye. Well, the wound which was going to scar, there wasn't much she could do about it. A gentle sigh escaped her lips as she tried to peer through the damaged eye, only able to pick out blurred images with it.

She was probably going to lose it. But it was a price she was willing to pay, especially if she could manage to heal the other grievous wounds...

Vyllaea felt a shiver run down her spine as she rested in the unusual river. The waters was deadly silent, not a sound came from it. Not even the life within it would speak, almost as if they too were afraid of Vyllaea's presence to speak. To act. To live and be. She felt a small sigh come from her. The great waters never were quiet, always having something to say, to sing to her, to speak with her and tell. Secrets forbidden to know, the underwater kingdoms would share. But all it was was a deathly silence.

Vyllaea tilted her head to the side, something speaking in a small whisper. She looked towards its origin, able to pick it up easily as the runes still worked their magic. A voice at the surface... But the words which they spoke were ones which she couldn't understand. But there was something else to it, behind the voice, something that kept it alive and in tune. Vyllaea felt her heart twist, and she bent slightly forward, her hand pressing against her chest. It was a response to her wanting to ignore the voice, to let it go. However, with her curiosity... How could she ignore it?

As she drew closer, she was able to make words out, but the voice was familiar, but why couldn't she put her finger on it? The words rang through her mind, ones which sounded out of desperation, of sadness...

I've seen this room and I've walked this floor.. And you know...
I used to live alone with Aster before I knew you...
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch,
Love is not a victory march!
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah!"

Vyllaea's mind wandered on these thoughts as she slowly drew closer to the voice, but it was torn, heartbroken...

"There was a time when you let me know,
What's really going on below,
Like with that Leviathan you know!
But now you never show that to me, do you?
But remember when I moved with you
And the holy dove was moving too-
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah!"

It was at these words which would cause the feeling of an iron shaft to strike through her chest, silencing her heart for a few moments. Cedric...

Cedric... Did I drive you to this? She thought almost silently to herself, tears mingling with the waters around her. Vyllaea had hurt him, caused him a great deal of pain, yet... Here he was, singing his heart out in a song sown with torment and despair... but why? He should be happy the thing which caused him so much pain was temporarily gone, even if he loved her. She was a guardian, and she was meant to protect people against pain, not cause them any.

And especially not cause the one she loved the most excrutiating pain imaginable.

"Maybe there's a God above...?
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you...
And it's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light!
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah"

Vyllaea could see him now, waist deep in the freezing waters, which was warm to her skin. Silently, she would approach him, ensuring that he would barely be able to see her form beneath the waters. She felt horrible. She was the one who had done this to him. Vyllaea knew that she was. But there was next to nothing that she would be able to do to make up for this, to fix the grand fuck up she had done. How could she have just ditched him after telling him that she loved him? Even though that was stupid in itself, falling for someone she knew for less than a month... But her heart cried out to him, ever since that man decided to step in and save her sorry hide from the Leviathans jaws.

"But now the story begins to fold,
Maybe you'll be here or go,
It's all up to you and the choices you go through..
Maybe you'll stay here with me,
Or leave me to turn to the sea,
Just know either way I'll sing...

Hallelujah.... Hallelujah.... Hallelujah.... Hallelujah..."

The siren could hear his heart break in the words which he sang, the female already sensitive to songs due to her kind, but this... This was something that he had never experienced. The sheer sorrow, the torment which was sown into the words, Vyllaea was never in a position to hear this. She pushed herself free from the bottom of the water as the last sound drowned away. The Siren's form would breach the deeper waters to Cedric's right, before her arms would tightly wrap around him, as if she could make it right somehow.

But all she could ever do was make it worse for him.

Just as suddenly as she did that, she recoiled. Her form half dove back into the water. Her mind shouted for her to leave, but her heart called for her to stay, to speak with the avian. Vyllaea looked to him, her face more than conflicted. "How can I stay? I hurt you... So damn much." She said gently, unable to keep eye contact with him. It wasn't his fault. She knew that. It wasn't hers either. But she was someone hired to protect people, like he protected her...

All she was doing was hurting him.

"I... Probably hurt you as well just by simply touching you, I..." She sighed, tears freely flowing down her face. The burns were mostly healed, but the deep injury across her eye was still angry, promising a future scar. Vyllaea sighed again, sinking back into the water, her courage of talking to him faltering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet
Name:: Cedric Vael
Alternate Accounts: Syrein

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 14:19

Cedric's smile was gentle, as he pulled the pure pad out from his satchel. Words had already been written on the rune covered page, the black ink stark against the gentle glow of the purifying runes. Giving it to Vyllaea, he hoped that the explanation of his Curse would be sufficient in answering how she felt.

Cedric's fingers strummed again, a gentle tune attempting to assuage the Siren. No words left his lips this time, just that calm and gentle smile showing how he felt.

I know that writing to you isn't the best way of communication, but it's the only way I can tell you about what ails me. There's a Taboo over telling anyone of my Curse- Aster and Allelujah being the only ones who know, and even they not the full extent. It sucks that I can't just tell you everything, Yvatis's priests were only able to give me these two pages. I can tell you that my eye was shot out by a Phoenix, someone of my kind. She betrayed me, her arrow supposed to kill me. Rather than doing such, it had an adverse affect between our magics. It killed her, the arrow's magic piercing her heart. She cursed me to have no other lover aside from her, and it wound up making it to where any female brings pain upon me to speak with. Touching is like fire against my skin, burning me.

I'd take that pain for you, Vyllaea.

I don't know where she is now, but the killing blow only slowed her down. True to her kind, she's been reborn. I can feel it in the magic that holds Odin's Eye to this form. All I know is that this'll end when I do. The last thing Saandra said to me, really.

Please, though... Don't go.

I love you, Vyllaea.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starswithinourreach.forumotion.com
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 14:59

Vyllaea gently took the page from him, her eye flickering with puzzlement between Cedric and the page. He was surprisingly calm after the heart wrenching song, and the siren slowly lowered a worried gaze to the pages. Black ink marked and stained part of it, the words catching her attention. Slowly she read the words on the page, her faces confusion distorting slowly. A slight understanding, shock and... The next few words caused her own temper to spark, the waters around her distorting and bending as they released bubbles of air.

She blinked, closing her eyes as she slowly inhaled to calm her anger. Cedric never had seen her when she could summon her little pet, and that was something she didn't do too often. But thanks to the words, Vy was finding it incredibly hard as to not call upon her beast. She shook her head, her mind refocusing on the words.

Any contact caused him pain, and speaking caused him the same... Vyllaea almost dropped the page in the water, but the last three sentences struck home. This damned curse would last until Cedrics dying day, but he didn't want her to leave and still- but how? She offered the paper back to Cedric, her face downcast. No matter what she did, she would cause him pain. If she stayed, he hurt. If she left. . . She didn't want to think of the consequences.

"Damn that stupid son of a bitch..." Vyllaea growled, the waters around her almost begging her to unleash hell. She sighed, shaking her head as a cry out of frustration tore through her. "Cedric, I have two questions...if I may... Firstly, where is that so-..." another sigh, "NEVERMIND... That probably won't fucking help ummm... Are you sure that you are willing to go through the agony it is to stay near me? Every day you'll feel it, every single day, and... There's nothing I can do to help you. It's not like the incident with the scroll, not with the undead thing, nor with the food... I can't help you, I'm what's making it worse...

I just... I know it's so fucking stupid, but I honestly love you, Ced, but I just..."
Vyllaea shook her head, her mind sending so many signals through her body. Mixed messages that were counterproductive to her heart, which just wanted to hug Ced before hunting down this bitch and murdering her ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 15:08

Cedric gave her a broad grin before kissing her cheek. The headache split, but he didn't pay it attention. Through blurry eyes, he picked up her chin to face him.

"I'm sure, Vy."

Her skin was soft, even in this form. Harsh scales a beautiful pale pink, deepening as they progressed down her body. A rainbow couldn't match the colors held in them, even if it tried. And, gods, her eyes...

"Pay her no heed. She doesn't matter."

His muscles were beginning to shudder, signalling him to gently release her. Taking a step back, he began to play a softer tune- hoping that it would help to calm her anger. Too much of the volatile emotion clouded her, and he had to help against it somehow. The water was harder to hold his own against, her rage morphing the currents into unnatural motions.

"You know, we should check your eye. If we're not careful, you could lose it."

Worry created a frown on Cedric's face as he took in the sights of her. Most of her burns had been healed, but that eye still looked awful. It was a deep gash, and part of it had collapsed her eyelid. It wasn't holding moisture as it should, which would mean that loss would take effect if it wasn't fixed.

Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 15:51

The sudden contact wasn't something she expected, her eyes seeking his as he gently carrased her chin. She faint brush of his lips still lingered in her mind. Surely that would have caused him pain, the mere touch of her was enough to send shock through his body... He gave her a reassurance she half didn't realise how much she needed. She bit her lower lip gently, casting her gaze away when he stated that she didn't matter.

That bitch dead before her was exactly what mattered to the siren.

The waters welled further at her anger, the shape of a giant claw taking form to their right. Oh how she desired to find her and tear that person apart... Phoenix or not, if they were alive for a moment, Vyllaea would thoroughly enjoy drowning her. He broke away. Vyllaea felt her temper rise further, it was that stupid girls fault. It was her fault. It was because of her. Right now, her curse caused him pain. It was half controlling his damn movements!

The soothing noise broke through the haze of anger and she looked to Cedric with pleading eyes. Or eye. She couldn't tell what the other was doing half the time anymore. The waters slowly quietness around her, and she craved to reach out and take his hand in her own. Pain which he would experience from the simple contact would stop her in her tracks. Vyllaea sighed, before giving a half shrug to him about the concerns for her eye.

"I've met no healer which I trust to take care of an injury such as this. Generally, I can fix myself up- as you can probably tell by the missing burns... But around the eye and injuries that deep, I cannot fix, yet I've met no one who can fix it..." She explained to him, her tail flicking in annoyance.

"Unless you know of a place..?" How could he be worried about her eye?!?

"And I also have the problem... Of... Umm... No clothing at all anywhere aside from home... So I can't really go out in public..?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aster
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 18:59

Aster leaned on the tree nearby Cedric and Vyllaea, a bag hung over his shoulder. Only catching the near end of their conversation having stayed behind to clean up, he pushed himself off the tree and made his way down.

A bag dropped on the shore, a soft landing on the grass, the bag unfurling slightly to reveal clothes inside. "Perhaps these'll do." Aster spoke up, his knife reeling back into its mechanism from being used as the bag's tie. "Honestly, you two. Would you just get together already?" With a laugh he spun around facing away from them and the clothes. "It's painful to look at you two any other way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 19:05

Cedric immediately blushed, lightning flashing in his eye. His fingers grasped the guitar, body spinning around to face that of Aster.

"You dare accuse us of being an item when we can barely grasp each other!?"

Striding openly to him, he began to play the guitar dramatically.

"You two-bit, string-haired, low excuse of a mercanic match! You'd blow away in the fury of my storm, just like the ashes you so profusely use!"

More strings progressed under his fingers, the dramatic music mimicking that of a flamenco. Bowing up to Aster, he continued to play the chords until the climax- Letting the last of the notes hang in the air. Lightning danced on the metal strings of the guitar, reverberating the chord until he played again, fingers quickly finding the notes as the flamenco music fell into a daring tone, the Paradigm ducking quickly out of the strap before pointing the guitar to his current 'foe.'

"The challenge has been made, Ashter. Dare you take up the mantle of your student, promising respite against my electrifying notes? Or will the challenge blaze through you, giving you courage where clearly you lack?"

The smirk Cedric had on his lips was broad, clearly boastful.

Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 19:19

The siren looked towards the bag, cut open by Aster with the clothing spilling forth from it. She grinned, opened her mouth slightly to reply, but... Aster's final comment left her stumped. How on earth was she meant to take that? She glanced back to Cedric, eyes danced in amusement as she saw the blush bloom against his soft and pale skin, knowing that it matched her own. Vyllaea was going to cast her gaze away from Cedric in a display of embarrassment, however, she became mildly distracted from hiding what she thought. The reason was simple, she never anticipated for Cedric to suddenly spin around to face Aster, taking him the guitar once again. He stalked forward, the guitars strings plucked as he began to play once more.

"You two-bit, string-haired, low excuse of a mercanic match! You'd blow away in the fury of my storm, just like the ashes you so profusely use!"

She blinked. What the hell? Cedric advanced towards Aster, the sounds of the guitar rising slowly to die away into a climax. Vyllaea watched, dumbfounded, like a fish out of the water flopping on the ground.

"The challenge has been made, Ashter. Dare you take up the mantle of your student, promising respite against my electrifying notes? Or will the challenge blaze through you, giving you courage where clearly you lack?"

Vyllaea raised an eyebrow, slightly amused. "If you accept Aster, I hope that you too will wash me away with this performance, or are you going to be so shocking that you'll be like a dull ember in comparison to Cedric?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aster
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 19:46

Aster's expression perked. "Oh?! Such brash accusations!" Turning around, his smile widened at what he turned to, "Perhaps I've been gone too long, and you've forgotten who I am!" In response, he drew his knife forward, "Eh.. Not with this.. I'll be fair!" Sheathing it, he scrambled through the grass, pulling back up theatrically and pointing forward a branch fallen in the dirt. "With this!"

Pacing around Cedric, he twirled his branch around, leering through him with a sly expression. "I accept your challenge! A fiery soul such as mine will not so much as waver in the twinkling lights I see!" A final twirl was made, a small spark of fire flying from his hand, catching the leaf on the branch and slowly burning from the tip. "Face me, coward!" His voice dramatic and movements overt and grand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 20:16

His response was immediate, lightning flashing to the tip of the branch as it arced from the guitar's tuning pegs.

"Avast, ye scurvy mutt! A mongrel such as yourself has no right to dance within the flames of passion! I'll enlighten you as to the quick graces of the thunderous musics streaming through the air!"

More music flowed from his fingers, twirling once to cue lightning to his stick yet again. Feathers flowing with his movements, the Paradigm leaped before settling before Aster, the tuning end of the guitar against his throat as he still played- the crescendo of the dance reached.

Fingers strumming, a large smirk pirouetted itself onto Cedric's lips, knowing he'd won the first round.

"Your movements have grace, but you shall never have the speed of lightning arcing from cloud to cloud. Your ashes fall short, Ashter."

Sweeping low, he twirled back to where he was. Cedric's music still played, his feet light as he pranced before Aster in a show of mocking playfulness. His eyebrows waggled, humor easily seen in the movement.

Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Thu Dec 08 2016, 20:27

Vyllaea smirked at Asters comeback, his form almost moving in time to the music as he called them out on their accusations. Like part of routine, he would flick the knife out, then discard the thought to pick up the stick. her heart skipped a beat and her smirk faltered at the sight of the spark. A cold shock would jump up her spine and she would shrug it off. Upon seeing the giant grins on their faces, Vyllaea forced herself to relax. This was them having fun, this wasn't them fighting. They're just having fun...

The thoughts were the few things which would make the smile quickly appear on her face again, watching the two of them with their... Odd dance and engagements.

After Cedrics display, she uttered a small groan. She raised a hand to cover her eyes, her head slowly shaking. Every thought of every mother, sister and friend who had those embarrassing brothers, fathers or friends went into this one word. The word which would be used to describe countless engagements of the male population. Something that females just couldn't seem to understand half the time.

"Boys..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aster
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Fri Dec 09 2016, 01:45

With a scoff, Aster began throwing a barrage of feints toward Cedric, the flames slowly growing along the branch, until his movements dragged a trail of fire around.

"Too much for you? Perhaps you cannot stand the heat!" With a final swipe, the ashes of the branch's tip fled off, floating around Cedric. Without losing a step, Aster moved to the side of his opponent. With a grand thrust to his neck, the flaming branch lunged forward, but before it could actually touch, it disintegrated into ash until there was nothing left of his weapon, however still wearing his smirk.

Flicking his hands to die out the flames that engulfed them, Aster resigned his battle stance, taking a few steps back and offering a modest bow. "As sharp as ever, Cedric. Glad to see nothing has changed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Fri Dec 09 2016, 08:24

Lightning flitted between the floating ashes, crystallizing them into a display of light. A light flick of his hand lead to the guitar peeling an honor filled note, the bow as deep as Asters.

"And you as quick as ever. I'm glad to see you've returned, comrade."

Offering the guitar back to his friend, Cedric's smile was as wide as ever. Hopefully Vyllaea didn't mind the light show, and could appreciate the humor he and his friend offered. Rubbing the back of his head, a thought came to his mind that perturbed him.

"Aster, have you visited Necrotia lately? I know that your sister..."

Frowning, more thoughts connected. The Leviathan's decayed body, smoke and mirrors, the trackers without Traveler marks...

"This isn't good." More and more puzzle pieces connected together. The man who battled with rocks, dying to a decayed beast such as that?... No, impossible. Even if Cedric had to use the Eye of Odin, he didn't have to fully extend its power. Sure, he was weak when he fought it, but he could attribute that to stress and lack of nourishment outside the food he had ate right before the battle. And what of the beast? The Council had never sent anyone to collect the remains. His visit to Yvatis during Vy's healing produced that information.

Too many things were clicking, and Cedric didn't like it. He had just reunited with one of his best friends, admitted his feelings to a woman...

Eyes wide, he turned towards Vyllaea.

"Maisen isn't dead!"

Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Fri Dec 09 2016, 15:33

Vyllaea had to turn away from the display when she saw the branch catch alight, her heart hammering in her chest. She felt her mouth become dry, a cold sweat breaking out on her forehead. She slightly slunk backwards and further into the water again. She hated the stupid stuff, but Vyllaea could hardly go up to them and tell them to stop. After all, that'd be a bit rough, right?

She heard the two, after a little, end their... Display of masculinity, and Vyllaea turned back to the pair, the waters around her quivering. A hand would slide back to the waters, and she leaned forward to lower her form further into its depths. Vyllaea could feel the scales of her tail slowly pull away as the water wasn't contacting just enough water for her Siren form to stay. So the last thing she wanted was to accidentally transform back into a human, with nothing to wear. Especially when there were two guys standing nearby. But even more so when Ced was there.

As the two seemed to be engaged with conversation still, she somewhat just sat there in amusement. It seemed as if her eye could wait, and the Siren glanced down into the ocean. Somewhere down there was the damn bandage she needed to cover up the injury. That was until Cedric turned to her, and proclaimed something rather ridiculous. She raised an eyebrow to him.

"What are you talking about, Cedric? You gave me his blood smeared amulet, and you were the one who told me he was dead. How can he suddenly be alive again?" She stated and questioned. She couldn't help a worm of worry dig into her mind, but she didn't know what the hell Cedric was talking about, nor the dots he had managed to piece together. So, instead, she took an expression of confusion and simply looked at him, half dumbfounded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Sun Dec 25 2016, 17:27

Running his hands through his hair, Cedric shook his head.

"Maisen was an illusion user. Along with other... Dark, things. I brought the amulet, but nothing else."

Pacing more and more thoughts bubbled to the surface.

"How was it that we'd be put with two trackers that hadn't earned their marks, just in time for the thing to rear its head? What about its timing with response? It didn't hesitate, and didn't really respond to the sound either. It was waiting for us, specifically. And after that, what about how easily it died? You saw that it was just a rotted corpse, what rotted corpse that's been brought back to life dies that easily? Sure, I used Odin's Eye, but recklessly and without abandon. I'm weaker in the water. You tell me, how was it that easy Vy?"

Snarling, he covered his eye. In his excitement, he had forgotten that Vy... A large pulsing headache festered his brain, causing him to rub at his temples. Gods be damned it was agonizing now, feeling like he had been hit upside the head with a steam-powered hammer.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Sat Dec 31 2016, 10:21

A deep frown of confusion slowly crossed across Vyllaeas face, the features distorting as she showed the uncertainty clearly. The emotions a mix which she never had felt before, a fear and anger biting at her, but was also countered by her confusion and uncertainty. Did he know what these accusations would cause, what horrors would befall on him for questioning a guardians honour? Their pride and dignity?

Vyllaea shrugged internally. Not like it really mattered anymore, with her father being able to influence everything. She doubted that she would be able to even go near the place anymore without anyone stop giving her. Imprisoning her for her.... Protection.

Cedric, with an enthusiasm such Vyllaea had never seen before, suddenly launched himself into a long explanation of the events which had happened. She slowly nodded her head as he presented her with the facts and figures, so to speak, the confusion and anger slowly fading from her eyes. Maybe he was right and the more he pieced together the facts which were laid out before them both. The more she believed him. The wincing which Ced displayed didn't exactly help her feel comforted as he, once again, was punished for talking to her. Damn that stupid curse of his.

Slowly, Vyllaea spread out her hands in a symbol of both defeat and confusion. "But if that were true, than why did he even send you to get help, unless he wanted us to try and hunt it down? Just like we did. But why even create it, unless it served as a distraction for something much larger and was designed to throw you off his trail... You say he's alive, if that's true, it's my duty to take him before the courts for a judgement for lying to officials. After all, if a guardian is practicing these, it's not only a huge offence to what we hold and value... But it's also a giant code breach. He allowed you to be in danger without a hesitation. A guardian is always, always, meant to protect the people around them." She allowed a small smile to crack on her face. She'd be damned if she would let a chance like this to pass her by. That illusion user may have been a friend to everyone, but each person has their own secrets. Maybe, just maybe, Ced was going to be able to crack his.

"So, do we wanna try bring that son of a bitch back in?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Tue Jan 03 2017, 16:24

Crossing his arms, Cedric shook his head. "He can't be acting alone, though. How would he have gotten us out there like that? Why us specifically? Who has that much pull within the Guardian's organization to corrupt it from the inside enough to pull the strings of the mission lists to specifically send me out there for months, then dart me in to meet you?"

Frustrated with himself, energy gathered from the suns rays for Cedric to pull and squish as he paced in thought. Where could these lead if they didn't give him enough trails to follow? Tapping a foot, he remembered something.

Something awful.

"...Vy. How did you get to your father's house from the Guardian tower? I flew around that all day..."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Wed Jan 04 2017, 06:29

Vyllaea slowly nodded when he had stated that he couldn't be working alone. An idle thought of someone else who had been rather... Persuasive... With them came across her mind. She shook her head dismissively, there was no way that he would be able to be influencing things so heavily. Surely not, surely they couldn't have.

However, Ced's question caused blood to drain from her face. She lowered her head, hissing quietly as the salty tears aggravated her sore eye. With a shake of her head, the uncertain guardian gave him a shrug. "My step father found me while he was there at Utopia. He waited until he was on my final round and when I went into the main building... It was then that he came up to me. The man has a rather unique ability where he can somewhat teleport others to a flame that he's made. He took me to the room that has the candle in it. The one... Th..."

Vyllaea trailed off, her face pale in the dying light. With a sudden urge of anxiety, Vyllaea pushed herself from her position and stumbled slightly forward. "I-I-I really... Really should h...head back...... If he finds or sees me again t-there at work... W-w-without return... Returning home..." Vyllaea's knees felt weak, buckling under her weight. She fell forward, her hands bracing themselves against the sand as a bile built up in the back of her throat. Arms shaking like a leaf, eyes wide with terror, she didn't have much of a choice when she felt herself vomit up the former contents of her stomach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   Wed May 10 2017, 19:10

Gritting his teeth, Cedric gently pulled Vyllaea into an embrace. Fire burned his skin where it touched her, but he couldn't help but feel agony seeing her like this. He'd take the physical punishment if only to comfort her. Thoughts of murderous intent raced through his minds eye, the imaginary stranger causing his muscles to spasm with the urge to take his alternate form, to call the Heavens down upon the bastard who drove Vyllaea into such a state of mind. She was so scared that she vomited...

Taking deep breaths, the Traveler shook his head. If he lost it right next to her, she wouldn't trust him. Hell, he didn't trust himself to be away from her. He knew he'd hunt the fucker down without her presence grounding him... Cedric's eyes couldn't stop from darting above, noticing the clouds already gathering. Even the weather was responding to his gloomy mood, and that was unusual in this form.

Words of assurance and calm left his lips in a low murmur, his palm rubbing Vyllaea's back in slow circles. He wouldn't let her cry. Not like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]   

Back to top Go down

Catch of the day [Private, Cedric]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4