Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Call to Arms (Private, Ardent and Lion)
by Cascade Yesterday at 03:59

» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Wed Jul 26 2017, 20:49

» Lion, Protector of the Pride
by Vyllaea Sat Jul 15 2017, 22:34

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by DumbDingo Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Trial of Ice (private-ish)
by DumbDingo Fri Jul 07 2017, 12:06

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

Top posting users this month
Vyllaea

Gwynn

Imelda

DumbDingo

Cascade

Ardent

Sly

Daemian

Roshan

Cedric

Share | 

Entwined fates (Private/semi open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 19:24

Weeks had ticked by, Vyllaea, being as weak-willed as she was, had made her way back to Utopia's twisted heart. The portal she had stepped through took her to where she was now. But no, she wasn't cowering, not hiding under a blanket waiting for fate to claim her. Neither was she there for the her work and duties, instead, she had requested leave. Cedric had mentioned something interesting to her, something that she had ensured that she remembered - even if the details were rather vague. Perhaps the answers she sought were here? Maybe...

Vyllaea's tail flicked, dark scales gleaming in the low light. Weaponless hands ran over her head, the siren sighing as she saw that her search, once again, decided to lead to absolutely nothing. Not to mention that the average day was drawing to a close here...

Eventually, Vy would make her way back to a local tavern. Ignoring the boisterous behaviours, and some gob-smacked people, she threw a hiss at them to make them just shut up and leave her alone. Ced... A sad sigh escaped her lips, he didn't think she believed him and probably thought that she had abandoned him. Misery closed like a claw around her heart, her tail curling around herself as she half sat, taking one of the rather unusual cups that they had around to drink from. It surprised her that they managed to create a spell that didn't let liquids escape from them and she nodded her thanks to the bartender.

She hung her head slightly, a slight shake coming as she downed the whole glass in one shot. Vyllaea screwed her face as the rough alcohol burned in the back of her throat, her hand placing it back down.

Damn that bird brain, if it wasn't for him, she would still be a guardian! But damn it all to hell! It was because of him that... Vyllaea raised a hand, calling over one of the serving... fish? Girls? She didn't know anymore, nor did she pay attention. Requesting another drink, she shook her head again. Dammit. Fucking dammit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 19:46

Boring.
Boring
Boring
Boring
Boring
Boring.

Boring...

Negene's emerald eyes swept the tavern, taking in the usual mixture of ethnicities and breeds,
vagabonds and rogues. Knights and priests, clerics and archers, guardians and travelers. No matter how long he worked here, how often he bounced or served, how much he was paid.. he would never get used to the atmosphere.

On the stage, a group of Merlings sang. The lead was a female who went by the name of Lu'au, and though Negene knew her quite well... She wasn't anything he was interested in. In fact, he avoided the witch like a plague.

A hand rose above the crowd, causing Neggy's eyes to narrow. One of the Merfolk curled at the bar,
her scales a darker hue than he typically saw this shallow in the sea. Her body form was definitely one of the Abyss, not that he had room to talk.

Examining her drink further, he poured the same brandy she chose. Weird, for a water dweller.

Of course, he didn't have room to speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 20:04

Vyllaea allowed a sigh, once again, to roll from her lips. Thankfully, the refill was rather quick. Downcast, she raised her glass once again, swirling the contents in her face deep displaying the depth of her concentration. If she could just figure out what Cedric had meant... She could go back and explain her vanishment - but things were taking far too long. Maybe she needed to get some help? But which creature around here could she trust?

Aware that she didn't thank the server, she looked across to them, a small smile on her face. "Thank you for that." She said easily - before faltering a little. A human? With horns? A frown formed on her face and she twisted to look at them. The glass gently clinked on the bench.

Tanned skin, judging by his face, his emerald eyes almost gleaming with boredom. "Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's odd seeing a horned human - what exactly are you?" Her voice was low, ensuring that no one else would hear over the wailing noise of the singers, not anywhere near as pleasant to hear compared to Cedric... After realising what she said, she paled, a look of shock on her face. Oh fucking great one Vyllaea. Off you go - insulting people once again. First, it was being attacked by a giant bloody bird who thought that you were a salmon, and scolding them, now you outright just insult them in your own introductions...? Dangit you stupid idiot!

Vyllaea sighed, mumbling a quiet apology, "That was rude of me... Sorry. I'm just frazzled and annoyed at myself."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 20:14

Gritting his teeth in what he hoped was a customer-friendly smile, Negene mentally snarled several verbally degrading remarks towards the woman condescendingly muttering at him after he served her. quietly putting the bottles back on the shelf, Negene's eyes narrowed darkly as he started cleaning the glasses.

"I always get the weird ones. Never, ever does any other person in this damned tavern get the nutties." Of course, he didn't dare say this loud enough to offend anyone. Hails forbid.

Pulling a stool from behind him, he yanked down a bottle of Black Berry Brandy from the wall,
setting it beside him before pouring some ice into yet another enchanted glass. He, of course,
did the work on these. Runes and Sigils carved into the bone, glass, and other oddities that the cups were made from. Pouring a glass that he was owed, he took a sip before propping his chin upon his closed fist, choosing to scowl at the mirror in front of him so that he could keep an eye on the customers..

"Why am I still here?.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 20:34

Obviously, her voice had been louder than she had thought, and the woman gritted her teeth beneath her lips, the temperature of the water slightly rose around her hands, the smell of the alcoholic drink potency almost stabbing through her nose. She shook her head, dammit... If Ced were here he would know how to get her out of this shame. Thankfully, he still spoke to her. "Once more, sorry about my rude comment..." Vyllaea said easily, before watching curiously as he took down the still rather full bottle of brandy.

At his rhetoric question, Vyllaea almost laughed. "It beats me, but don't worry. I'll be out of your hair in a small while." She down the brandy again, the alcohol still tearing through her throat. She cleared it lightly, a small frown forming on her face as she placed the glass back down. "I... Haven't seen you around here before, have you been working here long?" Vyllaea asked, slightly for her own knowledge, trying to figure out if that kid was around when the incident happened... as well as an attempt at somewhat being kind.

She was still having to learn how exactly to do that and, sadly, she was failing miserably. Vyllaea just wanted to be an ass to people around her at the moment, her thoughts still breaking down the information that she found today. Which was. Absolutely. NOTHING.

Noises came from outside and her eyes glanced to the door. Surely there were no guardians are at this time of night...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 20:41

The change in temperature didn't escape the Siren. His eyes fell into slits, locking onto the woman with an intensity only his kind could manage. Her emotions were in the lower realm,
borderline depression. He couldn't help but wonder what they'd taste like in the back of his mind,
before shaking off the emotions. Checking his gaze in the mirror, he calmed himself before turning to respond to her.

"I didn't mean to be offensive. I just always get the off shift when no one else wants to work." Rubbing the back of his ebony head, a sigh escaped him this time. "I've been here for almost two years. I didn't actually start bartending until two weeks ago, when one of our waitresses quit.
I'm actually supposed to be the bouncer."

Shrugging, he sipped his brandy. The sweet burn helped clear the urges he felt when around people with high emotion. It was one of the reasons he got this job. His eyes quickly skimmed over the crowd, seeing a few passouts. Of course, his secondary bouncer came to clear them up. The other two waitresses were working pretty thoroughly as well.. Deciding to take his break then, he untied his smock and hung it on the bracket beside the mirror, before pulling his stool in front of the woman.

"So why're you bitching this fine day?"

Sipping, he raised an eyebrow while staring at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 20:56

Slowly, she nodded, almost raising an eyebrow at what he said. For some time, she didn't believe what he had said. Surely she would have seen him as a bouncer - she'd been to this tavern dozens of times throughout her time serving at the Capital. Vy had also been here on the rather odd hours as well. Eventually, she would manage to snag another refill. Dang she was going through them tonight. A silence fell between them as the strange horned human looked through the mirror to the people behind them.

She couldn't help herself. At the next comment, Vyllaea sneered. "Oh wouldn't you like to know?" Vy smirked, before slowly dropping the look to give him a small shrug, "I'm just trying to confirm something for a friend. Sadly, it hasn't been approved yet." She growled lightly, before frowning. It almost felt as if she had been here much longer than a week as the days here certainly were odd compared to the ones that she had become accustomed to.

Much shorter hours of daylight, many more hours of darkness. But what could she expect - they were at the bottom of a giant ocean.

"And let's just say that going home without this specific proof of this isn't an option..."

Nope, she couldn't say much more than that. She growled as she tried to take another sip, only to realise the cup, once more, was empty. "I really should have ordered a dozen of these things."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 21:05

Sighing, Negene shook his head. Another bastard causing an issue at the pool table.

Choosing to see if he'd settle down, Neggy slid his brandy bottle to the woman before him. "Searching in a literal ocean is pretty hard. Searching a literal world of nothing but ocean is even harder." Sipping his drink once again, he could feel the markings on his back shift, his gaze focusing even more on the trouble maker.

"Why isn't your friend helping you? You'd think that they would make time if they deserved the title.
But, I'm stepping over the bounds of friendly bartending when I say shit like that." Shrugging,
the Siren's eyes couldn't help but lock onto the woman again. When she had said friend, the waves of emotions around her shifted. There was more than she was saying there.

There, of course, was a snapping sound of one of the pool cues breaking. The ONE FUCKING TIME he didn't want to care.

"One second."

He could feel the liquid sensation of his eyes going jet black, just as the merfolk causing the distraction went silent. Shadows from the pool table wrapped around him, coating him in what could be equated to ink before sinking him through the wall, and out through what his coworkers called the 'Trash Chute.'

It didn't take more than a second, and only those in the immediate vicinity of the bastard noticed.

Irritating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 21:23

Vyllaea gritted her teeth as he mentioned the near impossibility of her quest. "I know how much I need to search. But you forgot, there's more than one plane that I have set foot on." Vyllaea sighed, her eyes glancing to the mirror to see what the commotion was behind her. For fucks sake, she was never going to get anything done just sitting here and drinking away the night! Surely she could find something at Utopia to help - anything! She just needed somewhere to start!

But at the questioning of Cedric, her hand around the glass tightened. An almost silent but deadly growl rang through her throat, yes. He had stepped a line. A huge fucking line that no one should cross with her if they wanted to live. The glass almost cracked from her anger and, ever so slowly, she calmed herself, removing the vice-like grip around the shining glass.

A snap from behind her made her turn around, waters rippling as she bent them slightly to her will. A defensive act - especially in her hyper-alert state, Vyllaea wasn't able to take any chances. If the guardians saw her, if HE saw her... She'd need to leave.

But maybe there were spies here?

Vyllaea shook her head, before looking back to the rather strange human. She did a double take when his eyes darkened, the pitch black orbs surprising her as, rather suddenly, the annoyance was gone. Darkness. Wait a second.

The leviathan... Wasn't that an unholy distorted colour? Vyllaea almost cursed - she was looking in the wrong damn place! Growling, she almost slammed her fist into the table. That's what she missed! She rose her head to the odd human, inclining her head. The sleepiness which threatened to pull her under drove itself away and she looked to him with a smile. "He's a friend who almost died saving my hide. Not to mention that they are probably worried sick I ditched them to come here and search for these... Things that I need to find."

She paused for a few moments, "Do you know where the incident happened, the one involving that... weird creature?" Even though she had been here countless times, Vyllaea always was turned around with directions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 21:32

Negene's eyes narrowed, his observations of this woman made his night so much more.. Interesting. He, of course, could tell that she had control over the waters around her. As the shadows receded from his eyes, a fresh wave of emotion came off of her so strong, he couldn't help the flaring of the tattoos beneath his eyes. The world around him brightened, hazy colors sitting around those in the bars like bad lights around a stage.

Inhaling deeply, he leaned away from the woman before he did anything out of the ordinary. Regaining himself, he cleared his throat. "If your friend is worried sick, maybe you should consider talking to them before progressing?..."

He could feel his grip over himself loosening, his hunger still in the back of his mind. Her next question floored him, cat-slits narrowing even further.

"Pre'ch Levatiah"

The syllables rolled off of his tongue before he could stop himself. The Leviathan that had come through here almost a month of go hadn't been missed by him. On the contrary, it reminded him of his past. A snarl over took his face, and he couldn't stop the gathering of his element- coating his skin further in the black splotching.

"If you come for my hide, you'll not have it. I'd prefer my bar stay intact, as well."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 21:45

Vyllaea's smile didn't reach her lips as she saw his eyes narrow into slits, watching her closely with what seemed to be a deadly look. But the name. That name. Preach Leviatiah? Prek leviatiads - oh whatever. She'd never be able to spell it - but pronunciation, that would be easy for her. Slowly, she moved away from the table, her hand digging into her purse to provide a handful of gold coins - more than enough to pay for her drinks. "Do not worry yourself - I'm not here for your hide. I'm here to figure out where someone else went and... I can't talk about it here." Too many people were already looking her way.

Shit.

She growled slightly to herself, looking to him once more. "Where is the portal to that dimension - that's all I need to know. I swear that I won't even touch you. I just need to know where that damn thing is." Vyllaea asked, her voice incredibly quiet. NO ONE but him would have heard that last comment, she was sure of it. So certain as she has used the waters to make a sound barrier around the two, before letting it go once more. But... She doubted he would give her such information.

He looked as if he was going to do something - and that something, she didn't want to know.

Either way... She needed to know. The silent orb formed around them once more before she spoke,
confident that the barrier would be enough to stop anyone else from hearing. "I don't want to hurt you - I don't even want your skin, I'd be breaking an oath if I did such a thing..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 21:54

He could feel his skin beginning to bubble, the urge to press forward almost too much to bear. The way she moved, she made it seem like they were in private. His eyes widened,
the urge to press on starting to become overwhelming. His slitted pupils began to widen again,
deep breaths calming him down as he covered his face- turning away from her.

Memories of fire, of lightning, of chords and needles and pins and medicineanddoctersandscientistscuttingcuttingcuttingcuttingcuttingscarringmarringpeelinghurting,siphoning,testing.

"You don't want to go."

His voice was quiet. He couldn't look at her. He'd be inviting more trouble than he could help.

Of course..

Against his will, hands moved away from his face. He could feel only the green of his iris coloring his eyes now, as he took a step towards the merwoman. Emotions clouded over her aura like storms over a beach, flashes of anger and hurt coloring the dark gray of pain that lured him in unlike any other before. Just a touch, just a light brush of skin against skin...

Swallowing, he closed his eyes again, forcing his face into the crooks of his elbows.

"You don't want to go. The... Where it came from. The sea volcano. It's not.. It's..."

More and more memories made him more and more hungry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 22:04

Vyllaea almost shouted out in frustration. She didn't want to go, but she had to. Vyllaea just had to. Calming down what she thought, she almost growled as she stepped over to him. "I may not want to go. I may not be equipped enough to go. I may be walking right into a trap. I might be something I'll never get out of. But I have to go through it - no matter how bad the place is. They deserve answers and they think I just threw away what they were saying.

I'm doing this to prove them wrong."
Vyllaea sighed. Sure, the others couldn't hear, so she may as well just spill it.

"I need to figure out where someone went, as they think that that monster was something like a... A coverup to hide something much more elaborate. For the sake of everyone, and my oath, I have to figure it out and see if it's the truth or not. It goes against guardians natures to just ignore things like this. I'm sorry, I might not be making much sense... But I absolutely have to go to make sure that everything over there is still going smoothly."

Vyllaea sighed sadly, before raising a hand to rest it on his shoulder. "I need to go there, please. Where is this sea volcano..?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 22:18

His skin flashed with fire. Her touch opened a floodgate, depression, hope, love,
despair, pain, determination, stress, anxiety, all of it. Within a moment his hand had made its way to hers his body twisting into darkness and molding through the bar. His other arm wound around her waist, pulling her against him.

More of the emotions flooded through, the darkness in the back of his mind roaring with the urge to truly feed like it hadn't in months. Light touches, hand shakes, brushes of flesh when handed money for the damned bar he ran.

His body had been consumed by utter darkness. Of course, it's not like he could help it. He was just so damned... Hungry

"So many emotions.. so much urging... So much to do..."

Just that slight touch opened a floodgate of something he couldn't stop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 07:34

Vyllaea's eyes widened the instant that she touched his shoulder. Shit. Maybe that wasn't a good idea.

In a heartbeat, she felt his arm sliding across her back. The contact, the feeling so familiar that it almost made her feel calm - the rushes and urges that she had slowly ebbed away into nothing. She made a gently moan, a purr escaping from her tormented lips. This was wrong, she shouldn't be allowing this to happen!

But at the same time, Vyllaea felt emotions which were foreign to her, the gentle touch of his skin, the feeling of his grip wrapped caringly around her - why did it feel so right? So comforting and comfortable? So damn good!

Vyllaea would have tried to break away from his rather phantom-like hold over her, but really, the female didn't even see a reason as to why she had to. All the worries and paranoia, as well as any sense of urgency all slowly drained away. As he had spoken, she frowned.

Just... What the hell did he mean by that? A spark of worry came from her heart, crushing her chest - only to be torn away from her the moment she felt it. A sensation like that wouldn't stop her from being trapped in a feeling of bliss, a clouded and heavy mist which she felt incredibly comfortable with.

Maybe it was a blessing that she tried and reassure this man by patting his back...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 08:07

The spark of worry she felt was immediately ripped from her, almost bittersweet in taste. A dark chuckle escaped from Negene, the embrace he had over the stranger unbroken. His head lolled back, his entire being relishing in the feast of which he hadn't had in...

In an instant he let go, rushing backwards. His eyes locked on the woman, a look of betrayal on his face. He hadn't done that since the last time he was home. And home was not a place he ever wanted to return to.

Holding himself, he took a breath. That same part of his mind yearned to return to the easy meal in front of him. There were so many emotions within that woman... There was such a dark past that the trauma practically oozed over her.

Swallowing the thoughts, he quickly grabbed the bottle of whiskey someone else had ordered,
slapping a large gold Vist down which was practically worth four in trade. As soon as the bottle met his lips, he chugged the burning liquid down. The liquor burned away those dark thoughts, his face twisting in pain as his throat was scorched. Rather than be irritated, he focused on it- using it as a grounding to keep himself away from the woman.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 08:29

Just as the feeling was there, and so it was gone in an instant. Vyllaea swayed back from him, a slight shock dancing in her eyes as she stared at him. He definitely wasn't human... Not at all.

Vyllaea couldn't believe that he looked... Betrayed? Because of her?

The siren looked away, hiding her own confusion. "I don't know what the hell happened. Sorry..." She apologised, of course, she had to... A hand rose, her thumb and index finger pressing against the bridge of her nose, trying to settle herself down. She tried to ignore the sound of swallowing as... Her eyes cracked open. Yup. He was drinking it like it was going out of fashion.

She shut them again, trying to ignore that the human was chugging down that rough alcohol without so much as a hesitation. But what the hell did she do? What did HE do? Either way, it didn't matter. She shook her head, her mind gathering the information that this person had given her. Ergh! She was meant to be a damn guardian, and here she was, blowing every damn chance she got.

Fine. If the world was going to be an ass to her. She'd be a fucking bitch right back. "Thanks for the tips." Vyllaea said to him firmly, before looking at the door. "Hopefully I won't bother you again. For your own good."

With that, Vyllaea would drop several more coins on the table. "Compensation for damages I've done." She explained simply, her gaze glancing back to the door. She'd just need to figure out how to get there in one damn piece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 08:43

Before he could help himself, Negene's hand flashed out to catch her wrist. Again that bridge opened, but Negene shoved it aside- his eyes flashing black and emerald once more.

"You won't make it though the front door without an Amalgam."

Why was he telling her this?

Why was he caring?

So many emotions...

Taking a deep breath, he gripped tighter- not hard enough to hurt, but hard enough to not let go.

"You need to prepare first. If you go in without anything, you're not even going to get close enough to answer your questions. That Leviathan was nothing in comparison to-"

Almost as if he were glitching out, his words stuttered into a halt. A flash of pain went through his mind- but he refused to stop where he was going. Snarling, he began to drag her outside- evoking Bouncer's law.

"Get out of the tavern, first. No one can hear. No.. Guardian's already busy here. Suspicion, lies, dogs. Dogs starved for a bone. Dogs guarding me. I'm tired of gates. I'll eat my way out if I have to. Who said they should keep me in."

Two years of anger flashed through him, the dark waters broiling with shadows. The stench of the man this woman had lingered over her, stale but clung to like a lifesaver to a drowning man. Two of the Guards shadowed them, and one of them had to just recognize the woman. Of course it did. He could TASTE the flare of alarm coming from him, and the shock..

It was almost overwhelming. But he couldn't let her go like this. He couldn't let his meal-

The thought stopped again, and he had to blink away the dark. His hand snapped away from her instantly.

Meal?...

... That way of thinking.. what he ran from...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 09:10

His iron grip was enough to make a hiss of both surprise and pain come from her lips. The same sensation as before blew over her, the skin tingling underneath his touch, her emotions slowly draining. Identically to earlier, it vanished just as quick and the unusual feeling banished itself. That kid certainly wasn't human. A confused anger bubbled inside her chest, her mind already forming the words she would scold him with. However, he mentioned something that she needed. But... She waited, listening to him as he spoke, shaped his words with care. Vyllaea wanted to snort. He had no idea how resourceful she could be when it came to survival.

That being said, his words wouldn't land on deaf ears and she paid attention, her head slightly tilted to the side. Amalgam... Had she heard the word before? Ced was the one with knowledge - she was just the stupid idiot who held more power with the council than him...

STOP THINKING OF HIM! ALL YOU DO IS HURT HIM ANYWAY! THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GOOD FOR! Dammit you stupid bitch, do you even know what he-

Vyllaea shook her head, she didn't need to think about that. He was giving her information, and she desperately needed it. Without it, she would fail her one task she gave herself. He spoke in haggard sentences, barely forming them before he gave them to instruct her. He dragged her out of the bar, clearing the ground rather quickly.

Just as he snapped his hand away, Vyllaea ripped her own away, her other hand rubbing the skin. It stung, but the pain would slowly fade as she looked to him, frowning. What was with him? One minute he was terrified she was going to skin him, and now he's kicking her out? What the hell?

She folded her arms, her tail flicking behind her as she attempted to resettle it in a semi-circle around him. "Then break yourself out of what holds you down... You're lucky you can." Vyllaea said after creating another small hearing barrier to stop others eavesdropping their conversations. It wouldn't last long - but she was curious. "Why do you act so hesitant around me? So distrus... No. Nevermind. It doesn't matter. If you need to speak to me again, I cannot promise I'm somewhere easy to find. I've... spent too much time here. They could send anyone after me now... especially if they found out...

Also... My name is Vy."

SHUT UP VYLLAEA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 09:24

Negene's body was still shivering. Lust to touch her again, to feed until she felt nothing was an urge almost too strong to overcome. A few deep breaths helped him, his eyes regaining the white sclera. Looking her up and down, he swallowed.

"I'm sorry. I.. This is legitimately my fault, and I'm being a dick about it. But it's not safe here, still.
That was my cage, however lofty it may have been." His eyes darted back to the two guardians,
shadows blotting out his eyes once more as shadows swallowed them- displacing them a mile out by the competing bar. Hopefully the confusion would help. That was the longest distance he could get,
even after eating so much...

At the thought, his eyes hungrily looked over the woman once more. "Vy... It would seem that the same boat holds us both. My um. Friends, aren't too happy that we're talking right now. I've given us a bit of time, but..."

Inhaling deeply, he was battered away by how intoxicating the emotions of confusion that came from the bar. Stumbling slightly, he shook his head. He needed to leave, before someone actually got hurt.

"I.. I can't stay here anymore. Especially like this. I'm sorry that I was a dick earlier. It.. You knowing about Pre'ch Levatiah... I thought you were going to take me back. I..."

Swallowing, he let shadows flow over him again, before sliding into her shadow. He couldn't be found just yet.

"Take me somewhere to talk, and I'll tell you. Just don't be a cunt about it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 09:46

Vyllaea wanted to snort. Nothing seemed to be safe if it involved her. Her father. Cedric always murdering himself to touch him. This kids friend... She sighed. Trouble seemed to cling to her like the plague, a deadly plague that never would release her from a grip of utter hell. In an attempt to try and be graceful, she lowered her head in acknowledgement to what he had said. At the mention of buying them time, she glanced around. Friends? She hadn't noticed anyone earlier - maybe the two had been seen by others and he ensured that they temporarily vanished. Somewhere.

"I wish that that were true..." Her eyes turned downcast.

Vyllaea sighed quietly and shook her head, "It's fine. I've had worse." Maybe she hadn't. "I didn't mean to make you so damn scared about it - It's just connected to what I need to figure out. But..." He's the brains, not me. A damsel in distress. She sighed. Vyllaea felt useless.

She did a double take as she watched the man vanish into her own shadow, instructing her... somehow... to take him somewhere. How was she meant to if he were... in her shadow? She couldn't pick that up! Unless he kinda just went with it?

Shrugging to herself, she figured that he would be able to keep up as he literally told her to find somewhere to talk. With a smirk, the siren uncoiled her tail, her fins slowly fanning out, stretching the muscles once more before their imminent use. As soon as she did so, Vyllaea used the tail to push slightly away from the ground before twisting violently, sending herself forward into the deeps of the ocean.

She didn't know how long she had been searching, her eyes scanning the rocks and crags, the sandy ocean floor. Nothing really seemed like an appropriate place to stop, there were too many things which she could see. One of the main issues being the fact that there wasn't really a cave for her to go to. A pillar pierced through the ground, the rocky formation forming something like a rocky outcrop. She shrugged. Maybe it was good enough...

It was a fair distance from the tavern, but anyone who knew the area could find their way back easily enough. Settling into a semi-seated position, she frowned. "Now... Just...
What did you wish to tell me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 10:04

The outcrop she had chose wasn't bad. Not perfect, but it would do for the purposes they had. His eyes flashed emerald from her shadow, his arms solidifying as he pulled himself out of the inky blackness. His fins rippled scarlet in the blackness, giving off a slight light as he pulled himself up to his chest. He'd leave the rest of himself within, just in case someone came by. With her manipulation, she swam a fair bit faster than he. Deciding to take a step further of caution,
he spread the darkness out like an ink cloud in the water, shelving them both in a darker environment.

"Where you want to go is prepped to catch people. Especially intruders. They experiment, burn,
needle, cut, dissect..." He couldn't suppress the ripple of anger that came from his chest. "The only way to get over that is to be an Amalgam. To be what they've already seen, warped, changed the form of."

His fists filled with the sand from the environment.

"It's not pleasant. The Pre'ch are failed experiments, and the Levatiah are the biggest class. The fact that it got out means that They are working on bigger things than I would ever want to deal with again."

It's probably not a good idea to give a complete stranger your entire history... The thought crossed Negene's mind just in time for him to clamp his mouth shut.

But if you take her back.. You can feed from her without any bars holding you back..

Negene slipped back into the shadow, alarm over his face. Where the hell had that thought come from? Was he going to be that dangerous for this stranger, just because she was a ball of roiling emotion? What was wrong with him? He'd never lost control like this.

"But, if you think you're up for it. You'll need food," His thought flicked back to the memory of embracing her "Water, and probably a weapon. The food and water aren't for you, either. Wait.." A thought occurred then, as he looked her form up and down. "I don't.. Think you can. You um. You have to be able to go on land where I'm thinking of."

The underwater Volcanic system looked normal from far away, but They used the heat to turn the cogs, Sigils and such creating a pocket of air to protect their work from the Underfolk. Or, to lure in more experiments..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 10:20

Vyllaea curled up on the sand, watching in a slight amusement as the humanoid somewhat reformed itself half in her shadow. If she was feeling cruel, she would have manipulated the shadow to test just what he could really do and if he would follow it completely. But that would be mean. But incredibly interesting. She flicked her incredibly long tail, her lips pulling into a smirk, "So the usual. I've had to deal with that for a long while. My... eye has only been covered for a few months, before my... father decided to punish me for loving someone else." She shrugged, before turning her head away. He didn't need to see nor know of her history. But the only thing she was worried about was something coming back to bite her in the ass - something her father forced her to write on her heart.

Vyllaea shook her head. No. Her spirit and self... it was still strong willed and there. She silently listened to him, his words surprised him. He had been there before. A third realm... So there was another place, one that she hadn't laid eyes on just yet. Vyllaea was taken aback as he suddenly vanished back into the darkness. With a fake scowl, she glared at him. "I'm not gonna bite."

"Seeming you have been showing off... I suppose that fair is fair." After stating that, Vyllaea forced the waters away from her, her efforts concentrating on pulling each drop of water away from her. It wouldn't last too long, but it should prove a point. And that it did, the legs of a human reforming, her facial structures reforming to something more to resemble a human. She froze for a few moments, raising her webbed hand before allowing the waters to come back to her carefully. Shit. Instantly, her tail reformed, and she smirked. "Walking isn't a problem for an annoying siren like me~!"

After calming her hammering heart, she laughed nervously, "I'd just need to go hunting for a little and... water shouldn't be a problem for me. But I need to ask. Amalgam... Where can I find one?"

She thought she already knew the answer and she ran her hand through her hair. She surely was imagining that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 10:34

Negene's eyes blinked from within the inky blackness, his amusement plain in the look.

"Don't worry about the Amalgam part. I know someone."

Not that he'd tell her.

"I admit that I'm drunk, but it seems that you've got a bit of Siren in you indeed. That's good. I warn you, though. You can't leave without an Amalgam either. Currently in the Surface, there is only one Amalgam. Her mother's the important part, though. She's the one who made-" -me.. "-the bubble that we'll have to go through."

He almost told her. He had almost told her. And so many emotions were already playing across her aura, so many that he just wanted to touch...

"I... I apologize for what happened back there. It's not a good idea to make contact with me,
if you haven't gathered already. The reason I'm such a good bouncer is because when I do that I...
I make it to where theres not a problem anymore. I'm sorry for doing that to you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 10:52

Vyllaea allowed a smirk to tug on her lips, before she frowned. "As long as they are willing to help. If they aren't... That's going to be hard. But why are you telling me all this now? Why do you seem to trust me?" She inquired, before sighing and deciding to lay across the sandy ground instead, the whole floaty thing was becoming rather annoying to her. But her mind was being pulled elsewhere, her concentration failing her for a few moments that she missed the next few words.

Thankfully, it didn't seem to be too important. But the next comment made her flinch. Great. She'd have to find one, babysit them, then bring them back? This... Was just like Ced all over again.

SHUT UP!

She nodded to what he said, "Alright, so after we find one, I'll need to go through with that and return with them if I'm to get free from there." Yea, that didn't seem too hard in theory. "But what happens if I try to leave without one? And is there a record over there of who has crossed and whatnot?" If there was, it would make her life a thousand times easier... Especially if that guy was recorded entering into that place.

Then it'd prove Ced was right all along.

To his apology, Vyllaea waved a hand. "Don't worry about it. I've... inflicted worse on others." Her expression faltered, "It's just a bit unsettling, but it's fine. Just don't get into a habit of doing it unless it's absolutely necessary. The floo-" Shut up. "Sorry, it's just rather weird to have that feeling... No offence. But I do see why you are a good bouncer - and a darn good one. You can just make people so happy with anything... it's incredible."

Mind you, having the power of a lightning master by her side mightn't be a bad idea going to a new place... She shook her head again. He didn't need to know what she was doing. Vyllaea interlocked her fingers, stretching her arms out. She really could use a lance of some sort as well - the extra reach was certainly helpful... But weapons may not be taken lightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 11:08

"Trust. Trust doesn't exist for me. I've only been around for twenty years, and the people I trusted used me for eighteen of those." His stomach growled, not out of need truly. Want.
He didn't need to feed again. But damned if she wasn't appetizing...

"Mite Amalgams. They're small enough to put into a bottle and forget about. There's no record, it's just.. The Sigils are like those on the Guardian's tower. Actually, they're the exact same. For example, if I wanted to go in unimpeded to the Core, I could. Easily." Realizing his mistake, he quickly added onto the setence. "With a Mite, of course. They're easy enough to find." Of course, those were just excuses. Mite Amalgams were easy to find because they were just small life forms modded and warped by the experiment perimeter.

"As for... My condition. I feed off of those emotions. They sustain me. For the past two years,
I haven't eaten like I did with you. Mainly brushes when being handed money, or escorting people out. Imagine being fed only crackers and water for years. Then, all of a sudden, a large buffet of the most luxurious meats, cheeses, breads, vegetables just waltzes in, then invites you in. That's...
That's what you did."

His eyes glowed, memory of the encounter tantalizing in the back of his mind.

"I almost didn't stop."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 11:26

Vyllaea raised an eyebrow, just for a few moments before she looked away from him. "I don't know if it'll mean much to you... But I can sympathise with you. As I'm sure you know of my..." Vyllaea. Shut up. Ced broke the physical bonds - you don't need to bring up the thoughts anymore. "Condition." She added, using the word as a replacement for the explanation she was going to give. It would suffice to cover for herself.

Vyllaea rose her head to look up, a sigh escaping her lips, before she turned her head back to look to him. A Mite Amalgam? By his description, they should be easy enough to carry, but the fact that he stated he could go into the Core unimpeded made her slightly wary. How on earth could they do that, even with a Mite Amalgam, it just wasn't... There were so many systems in place to stop people from attempting to waltz in and steal the crystals... Who cares... It's not like she was ever going to be allowed back in there. "So where can I find one - before I... go on this suicide mission."

She shook her head, before silently listening to him. Vyllaea was mildly fascinated by the explanation of how he had managed to eat her emotions. She almost had to laugh - maybe someone could sense how much of a complete mess she was with how she felt. Caged emotions that she always kept hidden, someone was able to unlock in a heartbeat and feed off them. Know exactly how she felt. Her sadness, nervousness, loss... Being away from that darn floof bird. Maybe he could bring a last message to Cedric for her... Especially if this was going to be as dangerous as this man implied...

However, that last sentence had her stumped.

"And just what would have happened if you kept going..?" Vyllaea inquired, crossing her arms in front of her chest semi-defensively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 11:34

Staring down at his shadow encased hands, thoughts ran wild. How he was used to make experiments easier to perform... How he was always standing like a being made of ink, how he could barely remember anything outside of eating. How his skin dripped with his deeds...

"I have a Mite."

His thoughts were too dark to keep going.

"I just have to get it. And your past isn't a condition. It's horrifying. How you could go through that and still be able to be happy is beyond me. So many scars, not all of them physical..." His mouth filled with saliva at the thought of those very same scars, the terror and distress that came from them, oozing with-

"I.. It depends. The more I touch, the more I take. I can carry someone for hours, feeding, and it not have long standing effects other than-" He remembered the incident with Luau "Well. The only time that's happened, a woman was very embarrassed. And I wound up with a stalker. However...
If I were to get intimate and feed for too long, I could permanently take away emotions from you."
Memories. So many.

"It was hard not to. But whomever your heart belongs to saved you. I can't touch a heart taken."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 11:56

Vyllaea looked slightly relieved as he mentioned that he had one of these creatures that he could grab. That would certainly help to shorten the time that they were gone for, but she would need it before she could go. By the time he retrieved it, she should have enough time to stock up on foods for her to go. But there would only be one problem - if she weren't to come back...

"Perhaps condition was a bad word... But as I said, I can sympathise with rather... fun pasts." She sighed again, becoming painfully aware of the burning sensation across her face, the blade seemingly slicing through her once more. Of course, it wasn't happing, but she shivered at the feeling, before turning around and burying it under her emotions again.

She laughed a little as he mentioned that he had ended up adopting a stalker, something that the mere idea of amused her greatly. But the idea of him taking away her emotions... That might be helpful to purge the guilt she felt from being away from them. But the next sentence dashed those thoughts.

At the mention of who her heart belonged to, she felt her own heart faltered. Pain. Thats what she caused him. Vyllaea looked away from him, turning her attention to a school of fish swimming past them. Even though he was so far away, suffering, in a potential agony due to her vanishment, here he was. Still protecting her, a guardian angel. Damn you, you floof monster... She felt tears sting her eye and she shook her head, clearing it quickly so it wasn't too obvious.

"Heh, I suppose I'm lucky then?" Vyllaea asked, her voice weak as she flicked her tail slightly, stirring up the sand around it. "Also... What's your name anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 13:28

"My name is Negene."

Horror, terror, pain, suppression, nausea... Then love. The emotions bubbled over her aura, creating another tantalizing buffet for him to reach out to.

"Please, for the love of god, stop trying to hide your emotions. It's literally like offering an abstaining alcoholic brandy that's been hidden for decades. It's kind of useless anyway."

Leaving her shadow, he carefully dusted off his jeans. Sighing, he shook off thoughts.

"It's really hard being around you when you leave yourself vulnerable like that.." Before he could stop himself, he took a step forward, catching a strand of hair. The dead cells were a pale imitation of what he could have, but be damned if it wasn't a good snack.

That's, of course, when he snatched his hand away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   

Back to top Go down

Entwined fates (Private/semi open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next