Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Call to Arms (Private, Ardent and Lion)
by Cascade Yesterday at 03:59

» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Wed Jul 26 2017, 20:49

» Lion, Protector of the Pride
by Vyllaea Sat Jul 15 2017, 22:34

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by DumbDingo Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Trial of Ice (private-ish)
by DumbDingo Fri Jul 07 2017, 12:06

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

Top posting users this month
Vyllaea

Gwynn

Imelda

DumbDingo

Cascade

Ardent

Sly

Daemian

Roshan

Cedric

Share | 

Entwined fates (Private/semi open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Thu May 11 2017, 19:24

First topic message reminder :

Weeks had ticked by, Vyllaea, being as weak-willed as she was, had made her way back to Utopia's twisted heart. The portal she had stepped through took her to where she was now. But no, she wasn't cowering, not hiding under a blanket waiting for fate to claim her. Neither was she there for the her work and duties, instead, she had requested leave. Cedric had mentioned something interesting to her, something that she had ensured that she remembered - even if the details were rather vague. Perhaps the answers she sought were here? Maybe...

Vyllaea's tail flicked, dark scales gleaming in the low light. Weaponless hands ran over her head, the siren sighing as she saw that her search, once again, decided to lead to absolutely nothing. Not to mention that the average day was drawing to a close here...

Eventually, Vy would make her way back to a local tavern. Ignoring the boisterous behaviours, and some gob-smacked people, she threw a hiss at them to make them just shut up and leave her alone. Ced... A sad sigh escaped her lips, he didn't think she believed him and probably thought that she had abandoned him. Misery closed like a claw around her heart, her tail curling around herself as she half sat, taking one of the rather unusual cups that they had around to drink from. It surprised her that they managed to create a spell that didn't let liquids escape from them and she nodded her thanks to the bartender.

She hung her head slightly, a slight shake coming as she downed the whole glass in one shot. Vyllaea screwed her face as the rough alcohol burned in the back of her throat, her hand placing it back down.

Damn that bird brain, if it wasn't for him, she would still be a guardian! But damn it all to hell! It was because of him that... Vyllaea raised a hand, calling over one of the serving... fish? Girls? She didn't know anymore, nor did she pay attention. Requesting another drink, she shook her head again. Dammit. Fucking dammit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 19:24

Vyllaea gave him a half glare, he was accusing her of not hiding her emotions? Of course, the glare was fake as she shook her head. "I'm sure that you are able to understand why I have to hide my emotions. Sorry if it annoys you, but it's natural. It's impossible to even stop myself half the time... Well, that's not true. I can be a spitting image of my father easily enough." But I'd really rather not.

Negene, she wondered for a few moments of the bases of that name as it carried an air of uniqueness with it. But who was she one to judge? Her name was Vyllaea and there was no one that she had met that carried the same name as her, not even close.

Before she could respond to what he had said, his hand shot forward. She frowned a little as he caught her hair in his hand, snatching a drifting strand of her pale hair, allowing her displeasure to show. Was that a substitute for him half eating? Thankfully he took his hand away. Either to stop himself or sensing her slight disturbance, Vyllaea wouldn't ever know.

Vyllaea rolled her eyes slightly, "I understand that I'm a buffet of food for you... But come on, you just ate! Would it weaken you if you aren't able to eat?" She used her hand to push the strand behind her head, "Well, if it's hard to be around me... If you give the..." She exhaled slowly, disliking what she had to say and she attempted not to hide the displeasure, "Mite, then I'll be able to be gone from your hair and you won't need to worry about, well, trying to eat all my emotions again."

She paused. "Does that sound like a deal?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 20:12

"Have you seen people starve, then be offered food?"

The comparison was lost, just as he shrugged.

"Whatever makes you happy, I guess. Not like I have anywhere to go back to, now that I think about it." This wasn't a lie. Him displacing those Guards would mean that there'd be a hunt for him, whatever good that'd do them. Sliding into her shadow once more, he took a moment to grow familiar with it. The contours, the way the water moved it. After a good five minutes, he was certain he could come back to it.

"Alright. I'll return once I have the Mite. You uh.. Go prep, I guess."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 20:49

Vyllaea shivered a little as she watched him slide back into her shadow.

She would never get use to seeing his body just melt into it and she shook her head lightly. In a display of slight agitation, her tail flicked slightly and she half used it to push from the sandy grounds. However, his silence was much longer this time, and Vyllaea slowly started to feel a slight paranoia as she really wasn't able to track just where he had gone or what he was doing when he vanished like that. The waters were he domain, but playing in the shadows of the sandy grounds, that just wasn't fair! He could be inches away from her and just decide to poof off into her shadow where she had no doubt that he had the upper hand.

However, his voice returned, instructing her to go and prep for the trip. With a roll of her eyes, Vyllaea nodded. She was certain she would go to her death to try and prove Ced right, especially if it's so dangerous.

Within a few moments of being instructed, she sprang from the oceans floor.

It only took her around fifteen minutes to hunt down some rather interesting fish that she'd had before. But after collecting them, she paused. Just how on earth was she meant to find that guy again? Negene? She face palmed. Wasn't she a bloody clever siren right now? Even the simplest of things were slipping her mind!

Last edited by Vyllaea on Fri May 12 2017, 21:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 20:58

When she left, Negene couldn't help but shake his head. Hopefully she wouldn't mistake the shrimp he just caught in the whiskey jar from earlier via scratching out the sigil and tying a bit of the cleaning rag from the bar on top. Whistling, he put it in his jacket pocket before slowly sinking into the shadows, clearing his mind of any thought aside from his goal.

The sinking feeling began at his head, like jumping from a high point into the sea. Noise blustered past him, swirling, roiling, shrieking, roaring noise.

And just as it started, it ended. His eyes lurked within the woman's shadow, emerald points of light gleaming from the head of the darkness she held. It was interesting, to say the least, that she was so predictable as to memorize her shadow within mere minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 21:20

Vyllaea eventually gave up trying to think of a way to find him. He said he would be back, so maybe she should just trust him instead of hunting him down like a dog. She dealt with the fish, before frowning. Slightly. She could have sworn that - she glared at her shadow. Two gleaming green eyes stared at her, almost mocking her sense of obliviousness that she had for her surroundings.

"Get out." Vyllaea had tried to sound angry, but the smile on her face gave her away. For some stupid reason, she found it utterly amusing.

Once he finally decided to get out, Vyllaea would raise a hand to rub at the back of her head. "So I take it you managed to find it?" She would ask, even if he didn't decide to surface from the shadow. She figured that it would only be him there as other... People she had encountered hadn't really been able to jump through the inky darkness.

If he would show her the Mite and offered to give it to her, she would accept the offer and take it from his hand. CAREFULLY. She didn't want to touch him again and give him more emotions to feed from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   Fri May 12 2017, 21:30

Amusement was such a good-

Shaking off the thought, Negene rose slowly out of the darkness, carefully withdrawing the bottle from the inside of his shirt before handing it to her.

Caution flickered over her. What it would be like to just hold her there for hours, watch as she struggled with the-

"Now what?"

He had to stop thinking like that. Two hours in and she already made him weaker than he had been in years...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entwined fates (Private/semi open)   

Back to top Go down

Entwined fates (Private/semi open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2