Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Imelda Tue Aug 01 2017, 07:29

» Call to Arms (Private)
by Ardent Mon Jul 31 2017, 22:29

» Skylar Agnar, Traveler of the Realms
by Skylar Mon Jul 31 2017, 03:46

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by Guest Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

» Tion, the Dragon of Wind
by Vyllaea Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:30

Top posting users this month

Share | 

When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Sun Jun 04 2017, 11:44

First topic message reminder :

Tears no longer fell down her cheeks.

A spiral of depression had caught her, dragging her down into the deeps of the ocean.

Why wouldn't he wake up?

Hours had stretched into dayss. Cedric was still unconscious. Vyllaea hadn't left the room for a few days, fear gripping in her heart that any second could be his last. Roshan was kind enough to stay for a while, having placed Cedric on a bed. Every few hours, the Angel would check to make sure the thunderbird wasn't too hot, nor too cold, but... It was hard for him to manage it. Vyllaea and him had caught up a little, but she was always distracted, her eyes keeping on trailing to the room.

Vyllea's head lowered, her eyes fixing on the ground. Maybe he was lost... And it was her own fault. She let Maisen get to her, she let him pry her away, she let them show her what she really was. A monster. An outcast. Someone that people should quiver in fear of seeing. For the hundredth time, Vyllaea walked over to Ced, quietly thanking him for the time they had spent together. Every time she thanked him. But not every time she apologised. this was one of the times that she had, pouring out her heart to the man. She told him how she missed him, how he had always been on her thoughts. How they used her love of him against her, threatening to murder him if she disobeyed. And how foolish she was to believe them.

Her voice was hoarse, tear-less and emotionless. She'd almost given up on several occasions, but Vyllaea's hand held fast to the thinning rope. She just wanted to see him move. Those eyes open. Something to tell her he was okay...

She removed herself for the hundredth time, but for the first time in almost a week, the monstrosity left the room. Part human, part siren, part Leviathan. A purebred monster.

Roshan glanced up from where he stood, brewing a coffee. Her eyes shone in defeat, but she held her head high. She hadn't given up. Vyllaea would see him again... Right? Or did the world decide to finally take the last thing that she had left...

The angel sighed, finishing off the brew as his sister took a seat, her unfocused eyes staring out in the distance. It was times like these that he wished that he could read minds. Walking over with a sweeter beverage, he passed her the warm hot chocolate. Vyllaea slowly took it, absently sipping at it. "He's going to come back... Right, Roshy?"

Roshan blinked. That was the first time she'd spoken to him all week. With a smile, a gentle nod, Roshan gently squeezed her shoulder. "He'll be back, Vy. He never gave up on you when you had gone. So don't even think that he'd leave you by yourself. Don't even think that for a second. He spent months searching for you... Don't you give up on him after a few weeks, 'kay sis? And you stay safe, alright? I'll be back as soon as I possibly can." Bringing the beverage to her lips again, Vyllaea took another sip.

No. She wouldn't. She couldn't. But that didn't mean that every single second without him wasn't agony. It didn't mean that even drinking this drink made her want to cry as it reminded her of him. She just wanted him back...

To Roshans comment, she nodded. "I won't let anything happen to either of us. Stay safe,
Roshy."

It was then that Roshan poured the coffee into the mug, his footsteps echoing until Vyllaea could no longer hear them. Just like that, she was left alone. Hours later, Vyllaea returned to the chair beside her beloved Ced, leaning back in the worn chair. Her eyes never left him for long, until she drifted off to sleep.

----------------------------

The days turned into three weeks from when Cedric first collapsed. Vyllaea had screamed to the oceans, her voice making even the beasts of the river leave from her anger. The stars mocked her sorrow, blinking brightly like what she felt didn't matter. The sun continued to rise and fall, nights came and left. The world continued. But Vyllaea's was on pause. The foundations crumbling with every day that passed. She could barely motivate herself to leave him and force herself to eat. Water didn't seem to be a problem for her anymore, but nothing would comfort her. Just sorrow and hope. That's all there were.

Was this what he had felt when she had vanished? Not once, but twice? The second time... Right underneath his fingers...

Footsteps outside caught Vyllaea's ears and she rose her head, casting it out the window. Glimpsing something approaching, she pulled on fresh clothing, before wandering down the stairs. Surprisingly, the kitchen wasn't in shambles, there was no smell of burnt food and neither was there much evidence that she had done anything at all. Aside from the pile of pink salmon that Vyllaea had gathered each moment, before returning them to their home in the rivers each night. She kept them alive, but just hoped that he'd have woken just ONCE to see them.

Her feet met the bottom of the stairs, her hand on the doorknob. She just couldn't bring herself to open it. It seemed... So heavy.

----------------------------

"As I've warned you and given you the heads up for it, she's in a bit of a fragile state at the moment, but that's assuming that he hasn't stirred just yet. I'm just assuming we'll know by how she decides to say hi and whatnot." Roshan reminded, again, with a small smile on his face. Sure, he was excited to see her again, but his heart was in his throat. He couldn't stand the fact that he had left her so easily, so readily, just because of the council's request to deliver that message. That was when his few weeks of fun had really started.

Taking his hand out from Isaac's, just as he said he would before they returned to where she was staying, he gave an apologetic look to him. "But also, just be really careful, she's incredibly sensitive to pretty much anything as, well, yea. She only recently found out about the whole Leviathan thing. Then... Something else happened, but I really shouldn't tell you. She'd kill me if I did. Or try to. I think. I dunno. Oh gosh, sorry, I'm rambling again." He paused for a few moments. "Why the hell do I ramble when I'm uncertain? Like, come on, this is ridiculous. The one time I need to shut up and think are the times that I simply don't shut up! Sheesh, Roshan- I'M STILL."

Roshan, in annoyance, glared at the ground, before raising his gaze to the doorway of the small home. There was no smoke from the chimney, but that didn't surprise him. Her crippling phobia of fire most likely the main cause of that. Goodness he was nervous as hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Mon Jun 05 2017, 17:57

Roshan raised his gaze to the ceiling, pushing himself to his feet, wandering through the house and into the kitchen. He paused for a few moments, noticing the partially cooked pink salmon, several more on the board. Without even thinking of it, Vyllaea's heart had gone straight to what Cedric would need. He smiled slightly, noticing the way that she's pulled the pan only partially from the heat. Something that Roshan had a bad habit of doing.

Goodness she actually cared of the Angel and remembered the tips and tricks that Roshan taught her when she was young!

Stepping forward, his hands got to work. Knives flashing in a blurring speed as he prepared the fish, invading Cedric's pantry in guilt to see if he had anything else there. Humming, he took out a few herbs, salt and pepper and a few other things. Cracking it over the salmon, he returned it to the heat. The least he could do was try and finish what Vyllaea had started. After all, the man loved salmon and maybe, just maybe, he might wake up for it. Maybe.

It was a long shot.

The Angel could hear them speaking from the bathroom, but Roshan didn't speak. He wanted to see her, but... He couldn't. There was no way the Angel could see her again. He'd hurt her, he'd fucking missed and hurt her. The rune was almost fried from the concentration he forced the powers to. Goodness, he was an idiot...

He shook his head, returning to cooking the food silently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Mon Jun 05 2017, 18:06

The waters around her rose, the puddles rising in her distrust of the figure slowly walking towards her. She growled, Vyllaea listened silently to Isaac's request. The water hardened on her will, ice shards slammed point first into the ground within fifteen feet of her. A warning as to what she'd do if he did anything drastic. Holding the gaze on Isaac for a few more moments, she cast it back into the water. She didn't want to believe what Isaac said, she didn't want to pay attention to what he had said. If that were true, then it would explain the actions of Roshan. But... Ced? Killing a young child? Something didn't ring true there. There was absolutely no way that he would do that... not willingly. Right? Tears falling down her cheeks, she looked back to him.

"Firstly, I never picked my brother being gay... but I don't plan on hurting him for it. I won't hurt him. I never wanted to. I only did what I did through anger of Cedric's life being threatened. I don't care if he wants to die, Isaac, to be punished for something he had done so long ago. Cedric dragged me back from the pits of hell itself and... Now... My guardian angel is unconscious again because of Roshan."
Her hand clenched, frustration and anger blazing in her eyes. "We haven't been together for over four months, Isaac. I left to prove his theory tight... I was gone for so long. I came back, he was... worse than I am today... Then, not even three hours after returning to him, They send their hound to retrieve the three of us. He tainted my mind... i was gone again. I don't know for how long. A week or two? And..." Her hand clenched, her voice quivering.

"Ten minutes. Then he was unconscious for three weeks. Three weeks Isaac. Not even an hour and one of us is..." How the hell were they meant to work like this? She couldn't hold him, tell him it's okay. He couldn't touch her, not without pain arching through him. Vyllaea looked over to Isaac, her eyes unreadable. "Imagine you couldn't touch Roshan. From the day you met... And and call contact burned him, caused him pain."

"I won't forgive him for trying to hurt Cedric. I'm disturbed that he acted so rashly, without thinking of me and..."
Vyllaea sighed, shaking her head. Resting her forehead on her knees, she sighed. The waters bent to her powers once more, wrapping around her neck. She was surprised, the liquid soothing her cold limbs. "He's never going near Cedric again. I don't want Roshan to try and hurt him again."

Her eyes rested on Ced, regret dancing in her eyes. The pain across her abdomen was being kept in check from the healing waters, but... She felt absolutely horrible. Why did she had to love the one person who couldn't return the gesture?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Mon Jun 05 2017, 18:45

Isaac shook his head, eyes welling up as he saw what Roshan meant. She really had gotten the brunt of everything. "As a hunter, I can tell you he'll wake up soon enough. He'll probably just need food, but it won't be nearly as bad as last time. on the note of what's going on, though... Roshan and I have been through a lot. He's saved my life, and I his. I was one of the first monsters that They had made, and was on a Hunt when you yourself broke out. Vance worked on me, and yes. He himself tore out my very beating heart."

He lifted his shirt, showing the large knotting of scar that sat over his chest.

"I've murdered for fun. I've fucked, stolen, beaten women, and done a number of disgusting and vile things without a single shred of remorse. But you know what? Roshan changed that for me. He gave me a purpose. And when I.. When I saved him from that poison. When I dragged him out of that club, I think something connected between us. If you want to hate anyone... Hate me."

His eyes held the level of severity he wanted to convey, arms tightening. He knew she could probably kick his ass in more ways than one, but be damned if he let Roshan pay for anything that he had done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Mon Jun 05 2017, 20:00

"Why would I hate you. You've given me no reason to do that to you, sure. You've done things you regret in the past, but these are things that you were given a second chance for. Roshan gave you that second chance and you grasped it with open hands. Cedric was my second chance. My lifeline. If I had attacked Roshan, you wouldn't be so forgiving to me." Vyllaea stated, her eyes narrowing dangerously to look at him. "The only reason I had my guard down was because Cedric asked me to... and... and now look at him.

I murdered hundreds of people when I was less than five months old. And you would know the details of how that went if you were sent after me... I was hunted. For years. Until we found the home near the shores. There and when I obtained my Guardian status in the city. I was torn of emotions by the same person who destroyed your heart."

She stood, if he wanted scars, then fucking fine. Vyllaea pulled free the vest, threw the destroyed belt away, her eyes narrowed as she turned around slightly, pulling the back of her shirt up to show the scars marking her flesh. "Every. Single. Time. I showed anger. Resentment. Pain. I got one. Love? Vance locked away from me in case that triggered a transformation into the beast I am! I was sealed, I was caged in a network of marks on me! Restraining me, my anger, EVERYTHING I FELT!"

Her hand released the cloth before her fist slammed down onto the bath, tears pouring down her face as she turned to look at him. "Roshan may have helped you. He may have helped Vance. But there's one thing that he never did. His actions. His kindness. As much as I longed for it, every time... New scars. Removal of skin, replacements... Vance removed parts of my hand while I was conscious to prove a point!" Vyllaea shouted, eyes narrowing dangerously.

This man had no idea of the hell she had gone through, her anger growing as the scales slowly formed on parts of her face. And how dare he try and get her to sympathise with him. She looked away from him. "Fine. Not for your sake. Not for Roshan. Not for me. But for Cedric. I'll try to forgive him. But I do not, I cannot, give you the promise that I will. Not even I know if I can forgive him."

She hissed quietly, the pain of having moved out from the healing waters deciding to lash back at her as her side flared again. Slowly, she sunk back into it, her hands raising to cover her face. Even her smallest fingers seemed stiff, the first one to begin the giant claw. It hurt so much not to let the Leviathan have it's way, and she wrapped her arms around her legs, resting her scaled forehead against her knees. She really was a monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Mon Jun 05 2017, 20:10

Roshan finally finished cooking the food before he heard shouting from Vyllaea. He winced, feeling horrible that Isaac was bearing the brunt of the attack instead of him. With a small sigh, the Angel dished out the fish evenly, then took a third from each plate and stacked it on the fourth one so that it'd have more than enough fish for Cedric. If he woke up again.

Stacking the plates across his arms, aside from his, which he left in the kitchen. Roshan made his way up the stairs, pausing at the entrance to give Isaac a quizzing look, asking if it was alright to come in. If Isaac gave him the go ahead, he would place two of the plates down on the bathroom sink, his balancing skills perfect as he turned to give Vyllaea and Isaac food. His heart broke when Vyllaea wouldn't raise her head when he called her name gently.

But he understood. Completely. But the scales across her forehead worried him. Shrugging slightly, he placed the plate on the floor near the bath if she decided that she wanted it. He then passed the other to Isaac, but he couldn't look at him in the eyes. He indicated one of the spare plate for Isaac to give to Cedric, before the Angel vanished down the stairs. Damn him and his stupid idea of hurting Ced...

He wouldn't forgive himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet
Name:: Cedric Vael
Alternate Accounts: Syrein

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Tue Jun 06 2017, 08:48

Cedric slowly sat up from where he sat next to Vyllaea. The man before him was crouched next to her, but less out of danger. Isaac's chocolate brown eyes were watching him with worry. Not like the ones he got from the fledgling Travelers he remembered, but more like Vyllaea or Roshan.

The Paradigm's eyes darted up to the Angel's. There was remorse there, but... God, Cedric felt sick. He remembered the pride that Vy had that her stomach was clean... He ate the food that he was given voraciously, shoveling the food into his mouth. God, he was so fucking starved. He started when Isaac put his plate to him, a gentle smile on the paler man's lips. Muttering a thank you, he quickly ate the food.

God, his stomach felt so much fucking better. He could feel his limbs correcting themselves from the injuries he previously had, before a sickening pop came from his right shoulder. Ah, that was why it was so uncomfortable... Cedric had probably dislocated it. Wincing, he hadn't realized that one of his hips was like that too, the hot pain a tell-tale of the wet crunch that soon followed.
Slowly standing, he felt his back correcting itself, a series of more pops sounding like someone stepping on rice crisps.

A deep breath finally came to him, the ribs adjusting like they should've been at the start. Goddamn he felt so much better. It was almost humorous that his bones had sat like that for almost a month, but it's not like he or they could've helped it really. "Okay.. Now that I don't feel like my body's being crushed by a thousand tiny needles..." He held out a hand to Isaac, an easy smile making its way across his face. "My name is Cedric Vael- Adopted child of Astamos Vael and formentioned of the Travelers within the Utopian Sector." Isaac shook his hand, almost awkwardly giving off his status as a Hunter. It'd been a while but... "You were one of those who Hunted me when I left the Academy, weren't you?" At his nod, Cedric slowly shook his head. "You were a challenge to escape. I admire your courage and tenacity. May your strides be long, and your muscles lean." The respectful salute left his mouth easily before he turned to Roshan.

Isaac tensed beside him, slowly standing before putting his body halfway between himself and the angel. Admittedly, the Golem was taller than he himself. He understood why he felt the need to do such, as energy crackled around himself. Taking a deep breath, Cedric looked back to Vyllaea before holding out his hand. "I refuse to hate anyone of her family. I know that you.. You didn't know what Vance did." Just mentioning him blew out the bulb over their heads, making the Paradigm take a deep breath. He refused to let Vance get the best of him, he wouldn't be... He wouldn't be more of a murderer for him. "I.. Genuinely love your sister, Roshan. My past... I didn't..." His Origin flashed red, causing him to suck in a breath, hand covering the empty socket as he struggled to find his Patch. Quickly slapping it over, he struggled a moment. "I didn't have a choice. My body was literally taken from me. I was fucking forced to by the God damned woman that I thought I'd..." He felt his back pop again, and had to inhale deeply. "The same bitch that took my eye, took away my ability to hold Vyllaea tried to take away my body because I fucking have a Shard. Saandra Hye-" He stopped at the look that Isaac had on his face- one of surprise mingled with horror. "You knew her, didn't you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starswithinourreach.forumotion.com
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Tue Jun 06 2017, 08:59

Isaac was surprised when Cedric woke so quickly, watching him wolf down the food with concern. Surely someone shouldn't be doing that after just waking from a coma- right?.. His eyebrows raised slightly as his stomach growled after, before gently sliding him the plate that Roshan had made for him. Cedric also wolfed that down, his body adjusting with sickening pops before he stood.

Goddamn, it was like the Golem after a hunt.

Several more wet pops proceeded, filling the silence with their disgusting adjustments. His body looked more natural, the ribs in his chest inflating like a balloon. Goddamn, where had he gone to get so fucked up? And if food did this for him, why wasn't he shoveled down with it?

He was surprised when Ced held a hand down to him, recalling where he hailed from and everything."I am Isaac Du'More, stemmed from the shape and DNA of Ma'ru and Cu'thai Du'More of the Necrotian empire. My body was shaped from the dead body of their child, filled with steel to progress to Golem, Hunter of the second Sector within the Utopian Empire.
His hand shook the Paradigm's, respect immediately flowing from him at the name of his old mentor. The fact that Astamos adopted him showed value in his eyes. At the question of the Hunt, Isaac sheepishly grunted. God, that was ages ago. They had lost Cedric twice in storms near the Necrotian spires- the mountainous region harsh with the snow that resulted.

When he turned to Roshan, Isaac slowly rose to put his body between the pair. That's when his stomach dropped.

"Saandra Hyentu. Holy fucking shit. No fucking wonder you..."
Icy horror erupted from his stomach, skin turning to steel as he stepped between his partner and this man. "She's still got her fucking nails in you, doesn't she? Dear god that explains everything about you. You were that fucking Shard holder that she was supposed to have under her thumb. Fucking Light Almighty you don't need to.."

Swallowing, he felt his bones creaking beneath his skin.

"As someone who's been puppeted by that fucking cunt's magic, I know exactly what happened. That explains so fucking much. No wonder why They locked her in the goddamn... Failing with you, then the fake shard?.. You're the reason I wound up a Hunter."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Tue Jun 06 2017, 09:34

Vyllaea's head tilted slightly, her emerald eyes shining as she watched as Ced moved again. His form wolfed down the food, before she braced herself. Series of sick crunching and wet popping noises sounded, the sounds that she had slowly become accustomed to as Cedric went and injured himself. But, he was always still kicking after he had something to eat. The trick really was getting the food to Cedric when he was awake.

Curiously, but never speaking, Vyllaea listened to them. A whole heap of mumbo jumbo that she couldn't be fucked paying attention to, if she were honest. The anger in her mind of seeing that stupid Angel trying to give her food was anger enough for her to have to deal with the arousal of the beast. However, as she continued to listen from where she sat, half her concentration pouring into the healing waters, her heart skipped a beat. Oh please no. She hadn't heard that name since the mark. Oh please no. Ced. Don't...

That was when they said it.

Saandra.

Vyllaea withheld an outcry of frustration, her head returning to resting on her knees. Within her soul, a war broke forth. The Levithan felt her rage, the pain, the anguish. The emotions raw, intense, pure. Pure. Utter. Hatred. Enough to turn the depths of her soul dark. It wanted out. It wanted to tear the place down. Her muscles shook, almost invisibly, the Leviathan pressing just beneath the surface. Oh how it wanted freedom! To tear that vicious bastard apart! To see her screams, begging for mercy. Let the killer free!

Vyllaea didn't want to, but she released the healing waters. Instantly, the agony returned, shafting through her like a new wound. Holy FUCK it hurt more than she thought it would. The pain caused the Leviathan to back down, feeling her agony of the wound as its own. Her arm shaking, she looked up at Isaac. "What do you know of these nails.. where did they put her?" She barely could ask, her voice strained with pain and anger. She was then forced to shut up again, putting her forehead back onto her knees. Despite the crippling burns which both the Leviathan and Vyllaea were afraid of, the monster wanted to be released. It wanted to lay waste to whatever stood in it's path!

Calm down, Vy... Calm down...

Don't be the monster you fear you are.

Destroy the bastards that cause you pain!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Tue Jun 06 2017, 09:42

Even through the introductions, Roshan's eyes didn't leave Vyllaea. He felt horrible, he wanted to go across and pour his heart out in apologies. He wanted to show that he wasn't a fucking asshole- even if she thought that he was. He wanted to show that...

Oh what did it matter anyway. Either she would forgive him one day, or she wouldn't... What was the point in it? He paid attention to the other two speaking, before a frown tugged on his face, looking to Vyllaea again. Why the hell was she shaking so much? Roshan could understand it if she were cold, but, that was borderline insanity. He wanted to point it out, but Izzy stepped forward, blocking the path between Roshan and Vy and Ced.

But at the mention of the names, the nails, what she had done to Cedric, he could see the shaking from where he was. Hell her voice was even shaking...

What the hell was going on in her mind?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Tue Jun 06 2017, 10:01

Cedric sank beside Vyllaea, the food he had eaten giving him the ability to finally hold her face without fear of burns. She was trembling, her voice cracking. Her arms were around her knees, but gently he pulled her eyes to him. His lips burned as they touched her forehead, but healed immediately upon leaving the contact.

"Vy. Don't worry, please... I love you. Don't worry about her. She's not here. You and I are. There's no reason to go"

Cedric longed to pull her from the water, to hold her in his arms and kiss away the tears. His hands reached into the water, pulling hers out gently before kissing her knuckles. He didn't care about the scars, didn't care about her being what she probably considered a monster. "Rest my love. We'll find out another time, but one when you're stronger. Please... Breathe for now. Don't leave my side... Not..." His voice cracked, memories of those months causing electricity to crackle around him again, his breath staggering. Swallowing the memory, he continued. "Not again.. Please... I don't know what I would do..." Tears broke their way down his face, landing in the steaming water beneath him.

His stomach squirmed from the thought of losing Vyllaea again.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Tue Jun 06 2017, 10:11

The way that both Roshan and Cedric were treating Vyllaea lead Isaac to believe that telling her about Saandra would be a very, very bad thing for not only her safety, but those that could possibly be around the Phoenix. His hand clasped Cedric's shoulder, his eyes questioning before he looked at the Amalgamation before him. "Vy.. I think Cedric's right. You guys have been away from each other too long to just.. Up and go right away. You should both rest, recover from what you've been through. Hell, from what Roshan explained, you just got a Shard shoved into your soul." Shaking his head, he offered a smile. "Besides, I've gotta find the other guy. The one that Vance hired me for." He guiltily looked towards Roshan, an apology deep within his eyes. "He thinks that.. Negene? Is somewhere In Between. I'm supposed to find out, and if he is.. Well. Figure out how to help him. If you're serious about Hunting someone, you've got to rest. Besides, we need someone here to help Cedric recover from his muscle loss- Look at his body. Sure, the food helped him heal, but he's gotta work for that muscle tone to recover."

Shaking his head, he slipped a hand into Roshan's- his forehead resting on his partner's hair before he sighed. "When I said I wanted to meet the family, I'm not entirely sure this is what I meant. I genuinely wish to know each of you, even if it may or may not mean temporarily fighting for my life." He offered a charismatic grin to the man and woman before him, hopefully convincing them to rest. God, if he would have to stop people from getting hurt for the woman's cracking sanity..

Cedric was staring into Vyllaea's eyes, hands holding hers. He could tell that it hurt him, the way his muscles clenched slightly. It wasn't obvious, he was good at hiding it as the natural need to shift motions. The only reason Izzy knew was because of the stench of pain that he gave from the marks on his chest. Jesus christ, they really went through agony just to touch.. Saandra had to have cursed him. Hyentu was some kind of voodoo witch, one that came from Utopian and Necrotian heritage. It explained a lot, if such a thing had happened..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Tue Jun 06 2017, 12:50

Vyllaea rose her eyes to Isaac. His words had cut her deeply, but she didn't let it show on her face. He made it seem as if she wasn't painfully obvious of the state of Cedric. But he didn't understand that she only made it worse. Any contact with her made it worse. Instead, she looked away from him. A sadness bubbled in her eyes, something that she wished she didn't feel. But the only reason that she had was because of a sorrow for Cedric. His hand gathered hers and she knew, she just knew, as soon as his hands touched hers, the burns would occur. Just like they had every other time that they touched, slowly growing in severity. Vyllaea knew it would only be a matter of time before the marks would render contact impossible for the two of them. Or, more accurately, impossible for Cedric to touch her without almost fainting at the faintest touch.

And it was her fault.

The Leviathan growled with her anger, the pain of having to avoid Cedric's touch killing her. That's all she wanted sometimes, to just hold him, to kiss him without the darn curse making him pay for it. Dammit all the hell. She had tried so often to ignore the guilt that came with just spending time with him. She didn't want to hurt him. She didn't want to leave him. But only sitting there like they were friends killed her, murdered her every single second. Goodness why did that bitch have to curse him!

Her hand gently squeezed Cedric's, keeping her grip on reality. He was there. Right there and then. Comforting her more than he could ever realise. Swallowing hard, she forced the beast inside to back down, Cedric's touch breaking through the walls to strike the monster that wanted to be freed. "You're right," She half lied to Isaac, "But please, a shard is a shard. It's just there not doing anything aside from... not keeping true with their words." Yea, you stupid shard, don't forget I know what you said to me... You abandoned me even after claiming you wanted to look after me. "Negene? Why the hell is he there...?" That explains why he hadn't come back...

"If I can speak... Someone was taking Negene to a place where he could heal, but they did give me their word that they would return him. Kinda. Well, that was my condition of letting him go..."

Vyllaea took her hand away from Cedric, anger flaring in her eyes. "And you trusted a stranger to look after him?! What if he's been taken straight back to where he DOESN'T want to be!" Her voice rose in tone as she shouted accusingly at him. Roshan flinched, taking a step back from Isaac, a frown deepening on his face.

"Considering she was rather desperate and she'd already been healing him, I thought there was reason enough to trust her, even if it was just slightly. I'm sorry if you think that that was the wrong thing to do, but really, I didn't have the arms to carry both Cedric and him back here and you weren't in the position to be able to carry anyone yourself. Don't you think that, maybe, just maybe, it was a decision that I had to make there and then, that it could actually have a positive impact on him? I'm sure you would have chosen the same if it were you and you saw the look in her eyes with how desperate she was to get him out of there. Or are you Vyllaea, the girl who knows the truth, and is apparently more knowledgeable than everyone because she's some genet-" Roshan stopped, realising what he was about to say. Vyllaea simply looked at him, her blank expression giving him all the detail that he needed to know. He sighed, shaking his head as she continued to just look, pain shafted through her face, her gaze breaking away to grab her hand that she hid in the bath.

The Leviathan had risen it's ugly head once more from the fury that Vyllaea felt for those few moments. Tears sprung into her eyes before she could subtly slip her other hand back into the healing waters before she slammed the right hand down on her left wrist, the left hand and fingers having snapped back the bones stretching out slightly past her skin. Fuck. It. HURT. She could only fucking hope that they didn't see it, her heart beating hard in her chest. This. THIS RIGHT HERE.

WAS WHY SHE WAS A MONSTER.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 10:17

"Roshan that's enough." Isaac's voice had grown metallic, hardening as his body tensed. Swallowing, he rubbed his temples, slowly working away the steel that covered his skin. "Love... I'm sorry, but you're being an ass. You know I say that with the best intentions in my mind. Please... I know the girl you sent with Negene. She was one of my Pack- remember that we talked about that. She's thorough, but wouldn't harm a soul. She's what you guys might consider a medic." Memories of Lyralai went through his mind, including the one where his mouth had bitten down on her jugular, her dying moans tasting like a bittersweet-

Isaac had to take a deep breath, the blue marks letting out light. She had been screaming on the field, giving away their position. A trap let her get caught, and he had to stop her. It was merciful. He even brought her back to the Labs for resuscitation. It wasn't his fault that she was mute..

Or was it?

Quickly banishing the thoughts, the Golem went to Cedric's side before looking at the man's muscles. "I think that water therapy might be the best option for you, Cedric. Swimming is one of the more gentle forms of exercise, and it might help you both really. But we genuinely need to get you back into shape- Roshan told me a lot about your physical traits. Didn't say you'd be cute, but you're not my type." He winked at Vy before clasping Vael's shoulder. "Astamos would be proud of what you did to save her, though. I'm going to go prep the fire for tonight, there's supposed to be a storm. After what you did, I can't say I'm too worried about it. Ros, could you help me out? I'll need your uncanny ability with light to dry the firewood out." Isaac gave him a pleading look, trying to leave Vy alone with Cedric for both of their sanity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 10:57

Cedric's mouth lifted in a snarl, eyes darting to look at Roshan as the mother fucker opened his goddamn mouth to the point of making Vyllaea's skin change beneath his touch. He felt his bones begin to crack, to change- at least until Isaac intervened. Cedric had to take a moment to breathe, turning back to Vyllaea before pulling his jacket over his hands to stop true touching, pulling her gaze to his like that. He wouldn't burn by doing this, and that made it easier.

"Shh. I can find him easy enough. Don't worry. That's what I do, remember? Besides, he told me he'd make my mark burn if he were in danger. I don't have any singes do I?" That, in and of itself, was not a lie. However, the mark couldn't burn if Negene weren't awake to make it do such..

A light memory of the woman who had taken away his friend came into mind, the gentle blue gaze filled with tears as she frantically tried to make Roshan leave so she could... Put her hands to Negene's face. God, remembering that made him blush, the way the woman did it almost obscene to look upon. Swallowing the thoughts, he looked Vy in the eye. "I have a feeling that she'll be.. Gentler with him. I felt like I was intruding when I just even saw how she looked at him. She didn't take her hands off of him, always touching bare skin when he was down there. She knew, I think, what would help him."
Back to top Go down
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 11:15

Isaac's scolding didn't go unnoticed by Roshan. He could hear the metallic sound from that voice. From his experiences, that was never, at all, a good thing. If anything, it was completely bad. The Angel watched in regret as Vyllaea slipped her hands away from Cedric quickly. The pain in her eyes that she did her absolute best not to show.

Roshan raised an eyebrow at him, "You know everyone from there, don't you...?" He asked rhetorically before hiding a smirk. See, Vyllaea, he knew what he was doing. The Angel cast his gaze out through the window, noticing that the lighting outside was slowly growing darker once more, even though it was still in the afternoon sometime. Odd, maybe it was going to rain soon. Isaac's words directed at Vyllaea made Roshan watch her closely. He could see the surprise in her eyes, before she glanced away, her white hair partially falling over her cheeks to hide a faint blush.

At the hidden request, Roshan nodded before leaving the house rather quickly. It didn't take long for them to find the wood and Roshan called down the dying light to manifest itself in his hands. When the wood was ready, he applied his hand to the sides of the logs, heating the waters up inside. He knew what was coming.... "I'm sorry, Isaac. I didn't fucking think... It just came out- I don't know why but... I really feel angry with those two, maybe it's a frustration with myself I... I just don't know, I'm sorry to let you down like that..."

And that was the truth. His heart fucking ripped itself apart for making Isaac have to step in for him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 11:49

Vyllaea silently listened to Isaac, who made the comment about her choice. She felt her cheeks slightly begin to burn as she lowered her face away from them, a vale of white hiding her cheeks from them. Goodness it was like dancing on eggshells around Cedric. She felt her hand slowly bend back into shape, sharp cracks as the bones relocated themselves. The feeling of fabric against her chin made Vyllaea look to Ced, before she sighed and nodded. He was right, he didn't have any singes on the marks. If he had, Vyllaea would have worried a little more.

But, not that she knew a small white lie was inferred, she was internally happy that Negene had done what he had done with Cedric's marks. "It sounds like she will be... I hope. But the skin on skin contact is how Negene feeds from emotions- please don't ask how I know." She stated, a faint flush on her face. Buuuuut she figured that Cedric already found out how he fed by experiences of his own.

Vyllaea sighed deeply, her eyes falling from him. She had to know something... Something that had been tearing her apart since she found out. Swallowing hard, she raised her undamaged hand, resting it gently on the fur of his jacket. Her eyes cried out the pain that she felt, the nerves that she felt. "Ced... I.." She sighed, swallowing hard to bite down what she felt deep within her soul. Vyllaea did her best not to allow the tears to fall down her face as she returned her attention back to him. "You know what I am, Ced... A... Am I... different in your eyes..? Before... Before I ... I found out that I was literally crafted... made by h-human hands to take the shard, I..." She couldn't keep her gaze fixed on him. It just hurt too much to look into his calm eyes to ask him. Her voice spoke one sentence, before her teeth clamped down on her lip, choking back tears.

"Am I a monster to you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 13:24

"Forty years of watching youth come and go, Roshan. I took the time to know the ones who lived long enough for it.. Even if only to see where I could go with them." A bitter grimace came from the last remark as he went outside with him, sighing. Gods, the pair would have to deal with more than just his sister if things kept going the way they were.

"It's okay love. You just need to breathe... They're a bit overbearing, I understand where the frustration would come from. Remember, though. Where I can have you on the floor beneath me, listening to you moan and scream.. They can't even touch."
His eyes flared to life with the memories of that night, clearing his throat before Isaac went to work, his steel body easily splitting the now dried wood.

"Admittedly I'm a bit angry that they didn't thank you." The wood crunching under his grip gave proof of that, lips tearing into a snarl as he recalled how Cedric looked at Roshan. "If it weren't for the fact that that was your sister, I could've murdered him for how he looked at you.. He still has the fucking Marks even. God, to feel his fucking blood in my mouth, just in front of you as I fucking tore through his neck, making his screams cut off in guttural-"

Isaac had to take a deep breath, leaning back slightly. Guilt flooded him. "But he's so fucking miserable.. I understand why he is the way he is, too. Being one with one of those fucking shards.. And the fact that they're both merged with one... Gods, the fucking horrors they must go through with the Gods associated with them. Could you imagine that? Your body being nothing more than a sock puppet for someone to get jiggy with?"

Izzy shuddered. That was a horrifying thought to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 14:40

Cedric shook his head, resting his temple on his shoulder to watch Vyllaea. "Never. I don't care about any of that, Vy. I care about you. Your smile, the way you laugh, the way those scars mar your skin to show me lines that I wish I could touch, could kiss. The way your eyes widen when you think you're in trouble, or how your lips swell when you hold back your laughter. God, your lips.. I.. The thoughts that run through my head are so indecent, I'm ashamed to admit it. When you cry.. My chest feels like something's clawing its way out to break whatever hurt you." Swallowing, the Paradigm took a deep breath. "I love you. I won't stop loving you. Nothing's going to change my feelings for you. As for the Leviathan, we just need to figure out how to make you two get along. Vance...." His voice ended in a snarl, eyes burning with hatred. "Went about it wrong. He should've taught you, should've shown you love and kindness."

He put his jacket over her mouth, gentle about the fabric before pressing his lips against hers through it. Even with the leather in the way, he could smell her, could feel the soft skin beneath. God, his heart longed to make her happy, to kiss her and comfort her.

And... Admittedly... Do other things to her. He was no innocent man, and seeing Vyllaea soaked to the bone had made his mind guess the rest. He'd seen her back, seen the smooth curves of her abdomen, wanted to taste the flesh along those scars. He'd dreamed about holding her mouth against his, his hands sliding over the rest of her to hear those soft noises escape from her, to just.. have her. Swallowing, he tried to put that into the kiss, knowing there wasn't much he could do through the cloth.

God, he fucking wanted Saandra's head on a fucking silver fucking platter.
Back to top Go down
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 14:49

"The worst thing is Vyllaea is my sister and I want to apologise, but I can't bring myself to. I'm angry with her, she's so fucking thick sometimes, she's young, inexperienced and hot-headed. She relies on her emotions rather than her mind, she relies on those around her. It- Fuck!" Roshan cursed, throwing the log away from him as it accidentally caught on fire, the Angel becoming a little too distracted. He used his hand to roll it a few times, quickly putting it out. He placed that piece with the others to take back to the home.

"I don't blame Cedric for wanting to tear me apart, I can understand how he fucking feels. If someone had done that to you, I'd do exactly what he did." An angry sigh came from him before he busied himself with the wood once more. Roshan listened to Isaac before he looked over to the man. Standing up straight, he walked over to the Golem, his non burning hand gently cupping the side of his cheek. A sad smile tugged at his face, as he pushed himself onto the tip of his toes to kiss his cheek. "But the thing is, she has no idea of the horrors that'll come after her now that she has a damn shard..."

His lips pressed against Isaac's for a quick kiss before he pulled away from him, returning to his work. "Hopefully Cedric can teach and show her before it's a bit too late for her to find out what it means... As for being a puppet. Kinda." He said, his eyebrow raised as he just gave Isaac a knowing look. He then turned around, returning to heat up the rest of the wood, drying them out to the point where they could be slashed by Isaac. "How well do you know that witch that cursed Cedric anyway? I'm assuming that you were around when they first... made her?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 15:19

Vyllaea's eyes softened at his words, raising her hand to rest it against her  forehead. How could Cedric feel so much, love so much of her... And keep doing so, no matter how much agony he went through because of her? How could he keep loving her, no matter the costs? For her, it was agony not to hold him without him feeling pain and yet... There he was, every chance that he got, he was making contact with her, ignoring the agony that he felt.

Maybe she should try ignoring the guilt, ignore the feelings of pulling away from him. Hell, he probably needed the contact with her just as much as she needed it from him. The only drawback was that he was willing to take the step and hold onto her whereas she was doing everything she could to stay away from him, avoid the burns. Maybe she should start really giving in, accept they both suffered from their contact. Take joy in the contact instead of howl in the pain that was to come from it. Suffer through it all together, or force them apart by pushing away everything he wanted to do. The later was not a fucking option to her. Her thoughts were put to the test, Cedric's eyes watching her as he raised the leather across her mouth.

Melting the resistance that she had, her lips eagerly danced with Cedric's through the restraints of the cloth. But she'd murder something if she didn't pour her heart and soul into the contact. She wanted him, she needed him, longed for him to be able to return the contact. He was her light in the dark, he was the one that she prayed would return to her. She loved him with her entire being and she tried to return the feelings that he conveyed to her through the kiss.

But that... That one fucking bitch stopped all of it from happening, but it was with that thought in mind that she carefully broke away from Cedric. If the wounds weren't being soothed by the darn waters, she would have pushed herself out and hold onto him. "I love you too, Ced. I'm so sorry I always have seemed nervous of touching you, the pain that it sends through you... It always has frightened me since the day we met. It's the last thing I wanted you to experience, yet here you are, having it every single day... I'm sorry about that... But I really do love you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 18:57

A dark smirk came over Isaac as he pulled his partner's lips to his own, teasing him with a swift bite to the bottom lip. "I seem to recall you literally asking for it. And not minding, quite frankly." His eyes grew soft as he recalled the bitch that had...

"Yeah. I knew Saandra. I knew everything she had to offer, too. They took my heart and used it with her. She's the second of the Amalgams, and was made to be a marionette master. They figured that they could use her to get any of the senators they wanted on her side, and she did. For a while. One of the tests was to.. Was for her to corrupt me while I was Hunting."

Disgust roiled in his stomach, lip drawing up into a sneer.

"She raped me. Plain and simple. Had full control over my body, and made me do her show. They were impressed. But, she also.. can curse people. Give them a Mark that makes it to where if they touch something she doesn't want them to, it brings them pain. Her burns appear on their body, and if they don't stop in time they literally turn to ash."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 19:51

Roshan's hand ignited, the wood literally exploding in his palm. His glove imploded, the heat like a fucking sun in his hand. The powers blazed, the shirt igniting, the skin peeling away from him as he turned to Isaac. "Tell me that's a fucking lie." He stated, his voice twisting into a hatred worse than he had with Cedric. His wings blazed with the light being drawn to the furious Angel, light bending into the shape of his wings. But he never had lied to him before, so why would he start now?

His face twisted into an expression that he'd never made near Isaac before. Not calm and collected rage, not thoughtful, not purposeful. This was Pure. Fucking. ANGER. "So not only does she fucking do THAT to you... But she's the one who fucking had your FUCKING HEART?!" Roshan's voice rose with his anger, the skin searing from his arm. Goodness it fucking HURT, but he'd be fucking stupid if he tried to contain what he felt! That witch! Oh how he'd fucking make her suffer, fucking tear her eyes from her. Watch that fucking light die from her wretched eyes.

Not only had that fucking bitch fucked with Cedric. But also had screwed with Isaac. That made his blood boil, plummeting the area into a slight darkness around him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 08:50

"Babe!" Isaac's flesh singed, causing him to gasp in pain- the skin flashing into steel as he pressed forward. The tips of his fingers lit cherry red, the pure heat flowing from Roshan in a manner of light making his body a walking brand.

Isaac pressed forward, his face closer to Roshan to look him in the eyes. "I don't need it Roshan, please.. Please calm down.. I hate seeing you hurt yourself... Baby listen, I don't need it. I don't need my heart, I have you." his hands were almost to the male's cheeks, he prevented himself from actually holding the Angel's face due to the immense amount of heat his body was now conducting. If he went back into his flesh form, he'd literally have his skin burned away. Past events and history with such experiences let him understand that that was a pain he wasn't particularly fond of. Sure, he could heal it off in a week. Didn't mean he wanted to go around with his jaw exposed, muscles bare under the sky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 19:13

Skin burned away from him, the light crawling across his arm, deep down it dug. Before it broke his veins. A mosaic of yellow began to shine from him the skin, spreading through his arm, creeping across her chest, face. Roshan was completely oblivious. The human veins, the human, mortal flesh couldn't handle the pressure that his anger thrust upon it. Cracks broke through his skin whenever Roshan moved, talked, his heart beat, all caused slivers to appear all over him. The light, what Roshan was. The angel snarled, eyes narrowing dangerously. "This doesn't fucking hurt! It's nothing to what she's fucking done to you. To my SISTER through Cedric!" He roared, throwing his hand out to the side to add emphasis to what he said.

The force caused the cracks to widen, Roshan's anger nullifying the pain. "How can you stand, telling me to calm down WHEN YOU FUCKING WOULD BE THIS FUCKING ANGRY!" He asked, a deep frown furrowing on his face, his heartbeat thundering in his chest. Fuck it hurt...

Something nagged at the back of his head, but he dashed it away. He wanted that fucking bitch's head!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 20:02

Isaac's eyes widened in horror. He didn't have any metal, he didn't have anything, ANYTHING that would help the man he loved hold it together. He could see the fire burning away his skin, could smellt he singing of flesh and hair as it all burned from his anger.

"ROSHAN STOP!"

His voice came out as that metallic screech, body transforming as he panicked. The fear dug down in him, burning away his thoughts as his hands went to Roshan's face, body agonizing over how just being near him. His skin was heating to the point where he couldn't control his fingers, the metal of them cherry red and burning.

Rust cascaded down his face, burning away as he tried- and failed- to hold Roshan's skin together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 03:07

The words came too late for realise that something wasn't quite right. Something was wrong, and he then realised just what wasn't going too well. The same feeling was experiencing there and then was the same feeling which had made him take on the other angels in that court, to break his brother away from their sentences. Their punishments. His death. There and then.

The rust down his face made Roshan suddenly look down to his hand, the light pouring forth. But no fingers flexed when he commanded it. However, the light which he had, if he released it, would instantly kill Isaac, the Golem standing far too close. The Angel did the only thing which would work, his heart going out to him. His golden wings shone like the sun, their final flap to distance himself from Isaac. He'd kill him if he released the magic and save his own body.

But he didn't want that. Hands moving together, Roshan called the escaping light into himself. "I'm sorry- I.. didn't know it would be this bad. But this won't hurt you- just stay back..." Where the words that he spoke, the light twisting beneath his hands, thrusting it straight into his chest.

Somehow, he didn't die, an image flashing before his eyes before he could recognise it. In the same moment, light burst free from his skin. Agony filled his being, but his mind was worried for another. "I love you, Isaac."

The last containment burnt away in a few moments. Without a form to hold it in, it escaped, but didn't burn, the significant heat reduced to a gentle warmth. The light didn't dissipate, condensing into a partially formless orb. The only thing left of him.

His soul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 08:32

Isaac's eyes bulged, horror filling his entire being. That's not ever how he wanted to hear those words, not like this. Never like this. Roshan's wings were blinding, as was almost every other part of him- skin flaking away like ash in the wind. A metallic shriek came from his chest, agony filling where the air once was- bones crunching as he leaped forward- unable to stop himself.

He was too late.

Roshan was gone.

Agony filled him, tears cascading down his disfigured face, voice coming out in a scream totally inhuman. The sound was foreign, even to himself. His body had gone further than he'd let it before, almost no human traits left in the anatomy. He felt his hands open, the dagger-like fingers gently reaching out to the orb.

He felt his mind breaking, the tears spilling as he sobbed. Isaac felt the body he was trapped in inhale deeply, matching the pain, remorse, anger in the back of his mind. The arms pulled the light to his chest, eyes shutting tightly as he screamed again. He couldn't stop the sound, the pain, the breaking. Ida's face flashed forward again, the glassy stare replaced with orbs of almost incandescent light.

Snarling, his head went up to stare towards the sky, the setting sun. Anger, hatred, fury. It filled him, lips curling up to show the incorrectly formed teeth before another scream- his Hunting call -erupted from his chest. The pitch was lower, building up with the magnitude of the pain he could feel burning through him.

He felt like murder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 09:43

The light was lifted, it wasn't like he could do anything else. Chains of darkness partially wrapped around his soul, but... The orb couldn't talk, but it knew. It fucking. KNEW that only one other being could influence his damn SOUL like that. But it couldn't dwell on it, the thoughts would be pondered later. Not now. Not while Isaac was crying so much, not while his form broke, changed, twisting further than the orb had ever seen it before. Why wasn't he grabbing, holding and kissing him? Why wasn't he wrapping his arms around him, why couldn't he?

But everything was so twisted, so backwards. His body was gone, but it felt there. The light pushed against those chains, those flickering black and grey flaming chains, but they wouldn't release. Their grip was firm, holding the light firmly together.

The hunting call erupted from Isaac's lips, the orb lashed out violently against the chains, inwardly screaming to let it go. But the chains were what held it together, preventing it from slipping away into a light-less nothing. Into nothing. Into darkness. The orb stopped everything, its entire being focusing. Goodness, why was everything so scattered... So random? He pulled it together, from the fraying flames to the burning core. He pulled them all in, everything which rebelled against those protective chains, bindings to keep him there. The orb slowly took a true shape, its glow hiding those chains which, apparently, were quite malleable when it was concentrating. But fuck, it was hard.

But Isaac needed it... A single wisp of light came from the orb, stroking Isaac lightly across the cheek. Roshan's voice sounded a few moments later.

"Isaac... My love, it's okay..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)   

Back to top Go down

When fish just doesn't cut it anymore (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2