Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Imelda Tue Aug 01 2017, 07:29

» Call to Arms (Private)
by Ardent Mon Jul 31 2017, 22:29

» Skylar Agnar, Traveler of the Realms
by Skylar Mon Jul 31 2017, 03:46

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by Guest Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

» Tion, the Dragon of Wind
by Vyllaea Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:30

Top posting users this month

Share | 

The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 06:03

It was empty.

It always was empty.

Well, that's what Daemian had decided for himself. Aimlessly, the former Angel walked. He wasn't an angel. His wings were just a reminder of what had happened, when his fingers couldn't clasp his brothers outstretched hand... He continued wandering, following his feet to where ever they wanted to take him. Just like he had for over half a century. Raising a hand, he pulled the scarf over his nose and mouth once more. The soft fabric was the only thing which he had to remind himself of the sanity which he had. His sleeves of his grey jacket were long, torn, some of it held together by the strips of fabric torn from his old shirt a long time ago. Eons seemed to have passed for the man as he continued walking. Minutes blurred to hours. Hours to days, days to months, months to years. He regretted everything. His soul had become something worse than what it use to be.

But upon seeing the things which he had seen, being thrown around, his body shaped, carved and torn apart... Only to be cast out to this hell when he didn't work or give in like they wanted. Daemian had his heart harden. Even when he found out that the eye truly did lend him temporary gifts, it did nothing to turn his foul gaze from seeing the world through new eyes. His torn wings hung low on his body, the damaged feathers brushing against the ground. Or what was the ground. Whatever. Daemian really didn't know anymore and he couldn't be bothered holding them against his body.

He'd played his own life several times over. Since he first remembered till when he was cast through the portal. That portal... It was after he slipped through Roshan's hands.

The two had been walking to their home a long time ago, seventy years ago. Or more... Daemian couldn't remember. It was just a long time for him. His scarf hid the razor teeth that those monsters carved. They thought that he was some animal when they pulled him from his brothers hands. He could still remember the anguish in his eyes, the tears streaming down his face as the portal slammed shut in front of him. Daemian refused to cry like he knew his brother did. Despite the age difference, due to the harshness of the place he lived, he was colder. Less caring. More willing to murder if he needed to.

But they had thought of him as a true half creature which had grown too wild, a half monster that was too interested in those skeletons for his own good. The people who took him away from Roshan trapped the sarcastic man in a prison. To teach him, to mould him into something better than playing with skeletons and muscular systems... They removed his eye, replacing it with... Something else. Daemian had learned to live with it, but it did have a side effect that they weren't expecting. Nor was it what they wanted at all. It refined him, made his morbid curiosity peak to new levels. Twisted his soul, allowed him to raise the monsters of nightmares.

He just couldn't believe that they replaced the eye, stripped him of a normal diet, normal denture structures. All because they took interest in the wings, off his abnormal midnight feathers which seemed to be permanently stained with crimson. But by now, they truly were. Stained by his blood when they injured them.  

For some time, he was grateful for the reversed eye which replaced his old metal grey one. The red pupil always seemed to scare the people around him and, learning the hard way, he had to control it. He never opened it. To open it would be to allow him access to the realms of the dead. To call upon their strength, to aid him with what he needed, to borrow their aid. Sure, they didn't really feel anything after he released them from their calling. But neither did they care if Daemian called upon them again and again. And again. He had done it to satisfy the burning curiosity that Roshan tried so desperately to remove from him. Apparently it was dangerous, too corrupting... But without his brothers constant watching, and along with the boredom that those beings that dared to call themselves human inflicted on him... Daemian had more than enough time to deeply delve into the practices of necromancy. But that was a long time ago. Before he was the wanderer, lost on this plane. He truly felt trapped between life and death.

When they were truly terrified of him, they tried to dispose of him like any other animal. A lethal injection. He survived, but at a price Daemian never wanted to pay. The cost of him living tore the last shred of angelic nature that he had in his possession. Since that moment, his damaged wings never healed, but neither did they cause pain. If anything, they added to the horrific appearance that he had. He tucked his chin against his chest, the ends of the scarf following his every step.

But that... That was only half of the price that he paid for their idiocy.

When Daemian's screams filled the air... It was only then did they realise what they had done wrong. They tried to get rid of him- but some genius stuffed up the portal. Long ago, Daemian gave up on freedom from this nightmare. To ease the burden, most of the time his mind played tricks on him, toyed with his vision and made him see his grinning brother. Each time he fell for it, rushing over to hug him- only for his hands to slip through air. The smile that made his face shine like the sun... It was such an appropriate name... And considering his morbid curiosity and his appearance... Their parents named them so well.

Daemian continued to wander. Trapped. Never to be freed again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet
Name:: Erynn Rae
Alternate Accounts: Cedric, Negene, Jhonen, Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 08:25

Erynn was, as always, playing around. Her hands spread apart, bringing her to Purgatory. The true In Between. Her birthplace. Six wings of stars and night sky spread behind her, looking like fissures between day and night as they spread- glowing a gentle violet. The world of Utopia split before her, the violet color of her wings turning like water being sucked into a vortex before her. Her overalls were full of trinkets, specifically gears this time.

Stepping through, she closed her eyes. The Seraphym could feel the spacial distortions, as she always could, the shard embedded in her heart brought appreciation to the beauty of it. Morbid, morbid beauty. Had she wanted to, the option of-

No.

Don't think with his eye.

Carefully, she rubbed at her left eye. God, the shard let him influence her mind more than she ever wanted him to, his darker ways were always so... tempting... Swallowing down the thoughts, she shook her head. She wouldn't need to do any of that. This was her realm, no one was honestly able to willingly come here. Well, spare the one being she chose to help. But that wasn't here nor there either, he was healing in the arms of one of her Nightmares.

She took out the bright gold gears out of her pocket, the light from her body brightening the world of grey around her with the vivid colors that painted the night sky. Slowly, she fitted the gears together in the air before her- using her affinity with space to change the way they reacted with the world around them.

Once they were together, she gave them a spin. A bubble, one mimicking her favorite spot in the true Mortal World below appeared, green grass appearing beneath her boots. A broad grin spread across her face, the mana from the gears supporting her marble of reality with ease. The spacial distortion held oaks, a soft flowing stream, and a portion of the moon. God, it was gorgeous...

And it was all hers.

Or so she had thought.

Something in her stomach twisted her eyes searching. Who was here? Of all places? Sure, she hadn't been to the In Between in a bit, specifically this area at least. Normally she was in the Dark, or the Light. But the Gray?..

Swallowing she saw a figure. The light, the environment.. It stood out like a sore fucking thumb. Shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://...
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 08:58

Daemian's gaze was cast to the ground, or what was the ground. His wandering continued, his eye lost in thought. Memories danced across his mind, his feet just taking him forward. The blacks, the whites, the colourless images were like nothing to him. They were so familiar, so saddening and comforting all at once. At least he knew he was alive while he walked. And walked. He rose his head to look forward, before he froze. Something was... moving?

No. that was just his eyes, they were playing tricks on him once more.

Slowly, hesitantly, the man walked towards the figure. He's mind would rid the image soon enough, banish the... colours... from his eyes. That was new, admittedly. He never really had seen colours since he was thrown here. He sighed, hanging his head again as he continued to walk along. His eyes would stop their treachery soon, revert the colours back to the black and white surroundings that he had become so use to. After all, that's just what he saw. Black and white. Shades. Boring colours. The same thing again and again...

He glanced up again, a small spark of surprise arching through him. The... Figure wasn't gone. Instead she was... Staring? Daemian's face didn't hide his surprise, taking several steps back, eye wide. Wings which seemed to be birthed of the stars themselves arched from near her back, but her focus was on him. No. He was dreaming. He had to be, no one else had ever been around before, not a single soul!

He swallowed hard, before tilting his head to the side as his eyes looked to her. "Sorry if you think this is sudden, rude or whatever... But are you real? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me again, like they have been for the decades I've been here for?" Daemian asked her, his voice croaking from disuse. But as he stood, several feet from her, his eyes slowly narrowed. This wasn't the first time that his mind gave him hope, only to burn it down like wood, blow it away like chaff in the wind. If the lass responded to what he had said...

Then he wasn't hallucinating. The dual coloured iris lady person.... She was there. In front of him. Someone else was RIGHT THERE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 09:05

Erynn was staring in alarm. Her Sanctum, one that had saved her from so many men before, had been breached. Her eyes darted left and right, struggling to figure a way out of this- her hands clasping together over her chest as she backed up. What exactly was she supposed to do? She couldn't just sprint away, this man sounded like he had been locked here for a very, very long time.. and this was supposed to be her home.

Biting her lip, she brought her gaze back to him before swallowing. "I'd.. I'd hope I was real... I'm not.. Well. I can't say that, actually. Technically I'm supposed to be dead... Hell spitting me out from my father's embrace, Heaven... They stood me for trial. I'm... They consider me hellspawn. But I guess I'm real. This is where I was made, and if this place is as real as any, then so am I."

She was rambling, slowly backing away from the man, until her spine hit a tree. Oh gods, what was this man going to do to-

Her eyes widened, taking in the wings that were against the ground. Midnight black- but they weren't.. They weren't anatomized like that of a bird, or any other winged creature. He wasn't just a man, and that made the Seraphym grow stiff with terror. Dear gods, why had she been brought here at the chance of meeting someone so unlike her that he could kill her?
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 09:32

Daemian's eye widened, shock evident on his half covered face. Her voice sounded so gently, the innocence woven into it like a gorgeous blanket hand-made by a mother for their child. But she was scared, the way she held her hands graciously across her chest as she backed away from him. He didn't think he'd been so rude when he asked the question, but maybe he could have asked that a bit gentler, but the air that rushed through his jagged teeth made that.... Very hard to achieve.

Realising that he had been staring, he averted his gaze from her. "No... No you're real, sweetheart. I'm sorry I startled you, it's been absolutely forever since I spoke to someone. Last time I did it was to beg them to not throw me through the damn portal. But nope. People will be idiots and just do things like that anyway." Daemian chuckled a little, his mind racing. She was real. She was there. She could hear him. She was responding to him. Or was that called talking..? "Well, that was rude of them. Mind you, Heaven doesn't like me either."

Daemian wanted to follow her, wanted to grab her hand and beg her on how to get out there. He wanted the breeze against his skin again. But the fucking trees, the bark... The leafs that he saw was enough to force his lips into a thin line, tears building in his eyes. Goodness... The colours, the variety, oh how he wanted to reach out and touch it! But he didn't, what would happen if he scared her away? He could already see the fears building in her eyes. Desperation to keep her there drove him as he took a single step towards her. "Please... don't... don't be afraid of me. I was sent here against my own will. They forced me here, ripped away my angelic heritage and gave me something else in return when they tried to kill me. But please. I promise you, I don't wanna hurt you. At all. I just want to get out of here."

He was so awkward with talking that it wasn't funny, his heart hammering in his chest. Contact with sentient beings wasn't something that he had had for a very long time and he was struggling not to touch her to prove that she was real. Not to burst down in tears that SOMEONE was HERE! In this infernal land!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 09:45

"I.. I'm sorry... Why did they throw you here?...Normally I'm the only one who can come through.. I haven't met anyone else like me, really. I'm.. As far as I know I'm the only one. The Demons see too much of Heaven in me. Heaven saw too much of Hell. I wound up stuck in the In Between... But that's not fair to you..You don't have a way out.." Erynn saw the look on his face, his eyes searching through her little slice of Utopia with greed in his eyes, the need of it blatant. Carefully, she picked up one of the waterlilies that stood at the edge of the creek, holding out the blue flower towards the man.

"They put me here so that I wouldn't be in the way.. I made it my home...But... I... um..." She frantically looked around, trying to figure out how to assuage the agony that was in this man's eye. Erynn could feel her hand shoot to her left eye as it burned, the left half of her wings flaring with that of the daylight

Calm down
No
He'snothurtingyou
stop

Taking a deep breath, she gently set the flower down before backing away to sit on the ridge beside the water, burying her face in her crossed arms. This eye was always trying to sneak past her, through her emotions. She shouldn't hurt the stranger, he wasn't scary. He was just.. Hurt. He looked like he'd been dragged through it, reminding her of when she was thrown down here. She stared down at the ink on her arms, reading the notes she had put there earlier. It calmed her down enough to look at him with her right eye.
"I'll get you out, if you need out..."
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 10:34

Daemian winced a little at the question, memories flooding through him to remind him exactly how he got there. "Let's just say, it wasn't my good looks and charm that got me here. I was taken from Utopia... over seventy or so years ago, maybe more, maybe less from underneath my brothers hands. The plane that they took me to was filled with things I'd never seen before. People and animals abounding in that place. Let's just say that I didn't end up taming how they wanted me to. Now I got this." He gestured to his eye and to his wings.
"They threw mere here to get rid of the evidence, but they didn't know that the portal didn't lead to Yvantis or Necrotica or some other place. Tried to tell 'em, but hey, they didn't listen. Tossed me through and closed it. Been stuck here ever since."

As she placed the flower on the ground, he resisted the urge to rush over, snatch it up in his hands and sniff it, taste the potent fragrance. For so long, he'd had nothing and everything seemed to be so close to him! However, he wouldn't do what he longed for, a frown tugging on his face. The hell was she doing and why the hell did her left wings suddenly light up like that? Nervously he sat down cross legged from where he was, humming a lullaby that Roshan use to do for him when they were first exiled. Roshan was a strong, caring older brother. Short, but fucking caring and compassionate. He'd always put Daemian first and, admittedly, since life had been so harsh to him, he became... Odd compared to what he was.

Or that's what he thought. Whatever. He didn't care as he continued to hum.

But that humming almost meant that he missed what she had said and he blinked. Was she being serious...? He looked to her, disbelieving for a few moments. "Y... You can get me out of here? And you won't send me to my death, I mean, I know plenty of people who'd kill for my looks... but you wouldn't do that, right?" He asked, his eyes gleaming in hope. But underneath the hope, it showed the distrust. Life hadn't been kind to him, but the sarcastic ball of bones and flesh had held it off fairly well. He just wanted to double check.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 10:47

"That sounds absolutely awful.. I'm so sorry..." She was struggling with herself, a shy smile on her face before she finally crushed the damn urges she felt from the left side of her body. Swallowing, she slowly stood- wings pulling close to her body before shimmering away like heat.

Closing her eyes, she felt her mouth open slightly, a deep breath entering and leaving her. She had just left this place, but.. Her eyes opened, marks flowing like black ink from her heart down her arms, that pale violet light gathering once more before appearing in a mark- swirling at the center slowly in a vortex. She was vulnerable right now, and this terrified her.. But the voice she trusted whispered in her ear soothing terms. A friend long past was at her side, guiding her thoughts in the right direction.

Just like a bubble in the world, the space around her distorted before wind gusted through the hole in reality, bending forward and around the realms like they were nothing to her. Her eyes continued to blaze, the light going into it to stop the swirling before a pane of what seemed like a moving painting rested before her.

Taking a couple steps back, she brought her hands to her chest again. "This will take you to the Ridgings in Utopia.. I normally stay here when I'm out and about.. Humans.. They... they don't typically like me or anything I do.." Her left eye widened of it's own accord, a gasp coming from her as she hugged her wings to herself, falling to her knees.

No. Please. He's not hurting me, he's not doing anything... But the humans are still there. They tore out your eye, didn't they? Carved into you like you were meat. Slabbing away at you, making you mark their experiments. Don't you rememb-

Swallowing, she pulled her knees up to her chest and hid her mouth against the joints. Her eyes stared out longingly over the scene, the moonlight brushing the landscape before her with blues and whites, silver streams running over the mountain. In the distance, the true town of Utopia... Dots of gold made up those homes, filled with women and children, lambs at a slaught-no. No no.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 11:12

Daemian didn't move from his seated position, his heart racing in his chest. Was she really going to do that? Was she really going to help him flee from this nightmare that he had been caught in for so long? He watched, his eye wide as he watched her. The gorgeous violet that flowed into the markings on her. It didn't take long for her to create the ever shifting painting... She was an artist.

He lowered his head to her in appreciation, making a move to stand up when a sudden shaft of concern struck his heart. Her left eye widened by itself and, unless she was amazing with using eye muscles, Daemian didn't think that that was even possible. She suddenly fell to her knees, her wings hugging her frame as her knees were pulled up to her chest...... He'd never hear the end of it from Roshan if he just left her like this.

Clearing his thoughts, the man tilted his head to the side as he got up from where he sat. Casually brushing them straight, he slowly made his way over to her. He couldn't show his hands easily, the jackets edges naturally laying over how far he could reach. Instead of taking the steps through the portal and into the land he craved with all his heart, he sat down next to her, returning to the same cross legged state he was in before.

His sleeve would have raised to raise her chin from her knees, but he felt... She might freak out from the unwanted contact. Instead, he rose a hand and rested it on her shoulder to try and get her attention without freaking her out too much. "Hey, I appreciate that you're helping me out and all that right now... But, look, you don't seem so grand, is everything alright?" He asked, as gentle as his voice could be. The very attempt of that tore at his throat as it and his tongue had to compensate for the shape of his teeth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 11:24

"Murder and blood. Cries and screams. They're all NOTHING I WANT." Strings of panic began to pull at her, her eyes widening as she stared out. Starting at the touch, she looked at the man- concern deep in her eyes as tears spilled over.

Searching his eye, Erynn stared out the portal she had made for him. He was stopping himself from going through, for her sake?...

"I'm scared..."

The words left her mouth without any will of her own, tears bunching again as she shook her head. "I'm hunted because I'm different. There are angels there, and they avoid me. The Demonkin avoid me, even. People hush, people whisper, but the ones that I thought were friends.. They... They... They hurt me and I don't know what to do, I feel it burning in me like a fire that I want to put out, I want it gone, I'm so scared of it I don't know what to do I don't know where to go.. This is my home, this nothing. But nothing is lonely, and it hurts, but out there hurts too. They hurt and they hurt, silver skin where they hurt me. I'm so scared. I don't.. I don't remember all of it..."

Terror forced her fingers into her hair, fists grasping and pulling at the strands to force her back into her body, hyperventilation beginning as she curled tighter. Her wings drooped into the midnight color they always did, the stars dimming as sobs wracked her chest.

Knives, scalpels, tins.. her EYE...

Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 11:41

The voices didn't scare him, instead, a small frown tugged at his brow. Why was she so scared, so worried? Such a gorgeous face didn't deserve to have those tears that spilled over her eyes.

He'd be cast down into hell for eternity if he just sat there and stared at her as she freaked out. Asking silently for forgiveness, he wrapped his arms around her, the scarf flicking across her back. "Hey, hey sweetheart, shh, no one's going to hurt you here. It's alright, you're safe." Please forgive me if you don't want this! His wings painfully spread, the bones almost creaking from disuse and damage as he spread his right wing around her back and around her wings if he could. They dipped back into the violet colour, stars almost vanishing in their night sky appearance.

"You're safe here, sweetheart, you're alright... Just breathe for me, yea?" it might get awkward if she stopped and died of suffocation- Daemian now isn't the time for that, "It's in the past, I don't know what they've done to you, I don't know what they do to you, but right here, right now, you're safe. I won't avoid you, I won't ignore you, I won't speak badly of you... And, sweetheart, they can't touch you, they're through there and no one is near there." He glanced to the portal, his arms holding her left shoulder against his chest. He'd never forgive himself if he was a bastard to the person who offered him the one thing he had been after for so long!

"You're okay, let your hair go... Shh, you're okay, just breathe..." His voice was sharper than he wanted, but the desperation to get her to calm down was greater now than earlier, her hyperventilation striking worry deep into his core. But he wouldn't leave here. Not until she was alright. He may be a rather large jackass to half the people he met, but... To see someone breaking down from memories made him care.

He blamed Roshan for the caring factor though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 12:52

Erynn had to breathe deeply. Her mind was warring with the fact that a man was holding her, offering her comfort. Women were worse, venom and lies whispered behind backs, into ears with chittering noise. Erynn's face split into a grin, the left side of her body flaring with that awkward orange again before she managed, somehow, to rein it in.

Swallowing away her fears, she grabbed onto the stranger, pulling his back to her chest before leaping through the crack in space- wings flaring open behind her to hover over the mountainous region, portal zipping shut behind them. Her breathing calmed as she looked down on the world, the quiet coming over her. Cold wind embraced her feathers, her eyes closing as it soothed her.

Moonlight fell on her marks, the aching of her mind reeling away from the gentle light. She felt her heart swell, face burying itself in the stranger's clothing. He was warm, reminded her of that friend she once had.. Her wings adjusted, the light blue caress of the galaxy above them washing over the six patterned folley.

Almost silently, she rested her feet on the ground below- the cliff face offering shelter in an almost cavern. Realizing that she had held onto him, she quickly stepped away from the taller figure, drawing her wings close together and around her. Her hands went around the pocket on her chest, eyes looking away.

"I-I... I'm sorry.. I'm.. I'm Erynn."

Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 13:22

He had refused to let her go, but the sudden change of her emotions and what she was doing had surprised him. She was suddenly hugging his back to her chest, the torn wings falling back to their unnatural resting position. However, he noticed it, the crack opening further. A mild panic for him set in. If she did that, he couldn't fly, not when his wings were trapped the way they were!

But that didn't stop her, the six wings throwing themselves open wide. His eye was wide, the other almost opening from that... feeling that rushed over him. What was that? Was that... that was the wind that pulled at his clothes. The six gorgeous wings shone gently, holding their weight with ease, which surprised him mildly. As soon as their feet touched the grounds, he felt his heart hammering in his chest. "I..."

Tears sprung from his eyes, his knees allowing him to drop to the ground, his fingers trailing through the grass. The soft grass, the firm dirt speckled with small rocks. Wind gently swept across the cliff, the air brushing coldly against his skin. It was borderline painful, the senses rekindling after decades of disuse, of being thrown from the world. He could hear the wind rustling through the leafs of the trees, hear the birds gently calling in the distance. The sounds were music to his ears, the soft keys of the piano that danced with the strings of his heart. Unable to stop himself as he stood straight, his shoulders pushing back slightly as he looked to her.

The prickling of the cold winds against his cheeks, the warmth of the scarf as his mouth his behind the crimson fabric. The soft light that danced through the skies. He felt his body tremble, the overload of the information stimulating every inch of him, it'd been so long since... Since he'd been anywhere like this... Felt everything he use to feel once again.

A second later, he stepped over to the girl, his arms wrapping around her in a firm embrace, the gesture conveying everything that he felt. Wonder with her wings. Thankfulness of her help. A small portion of worry was also there, afraid for her health. "Sweetheart, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry for... Erynn, thank you so much- I could only dream about being here again." Goodness, even the feeling of her in his arms was different than the cursed back and white place. Everything was so different and he let her go, the tears of joy falling down his cheeks, sobbing quietly as he fell to his knees. He'd never thought he'd feel any of this again... "Gosh, I can't even keep myself together long enough to speak... I suppose that fair is fair though. My names Daemian."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 13:32

Erynn froze in shock as Daemian's arms went around her, pulling her into a tight hug that made her cheeks flare to life with heat. She stared wide-eyed in shock at him, scared that he might be overwhel-mingly using her, attempting to asses what she could and couldn't do. Murder, blood, gore. All of it, the urge to see his eye and what lay beneath that scar scared her, making her body tremble.

She felt her hands begin to slide around his waist- fingers just touching the jacket before he took a step back. Her arms immediately hugged herself, an embarrassed smile lighting her face before she shrugged. "I like that name... But you're here now.. No dream... What do you plan on doing?"

Her eyes took in the pained partitions of his wings, hand raising slowly to trail over the jagged edges. They looked like they could heal, given the proper treatment.. But that was also an issue. Bright red seemed to stain most of the feathers, causing worry to pour back into her mind. Where were the stains from? And.. Were they his? Or tales of days gone by?

Swallowing the fear, she looked him in the eye- jerking her fingers away from the feathers before putting them adamantly into her pockets. They'd get her in trouble if she wasn't careful, and that's not something she was really keen to deal with right now.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 13:53

Daemian smiled gently to her, before casting his gaze across the world before him. There was one thing that burned in his heart more than others. Something that he had to do. Someone that he had to find, someone that he had to tell he was alive, someone he had to see once more.

Roshan.

He gave her a smile, the wrinkles appearing near his eyes indicating that he was doing such a thing as the scarf hid the majority of it. Daemian had seen more than one person scream in terror from those new 'teeth' that they carved into his face. He never wanted to see the look of horror in their eyes again. "Well, I have someone that I have to find, if he's still alive and kicking... My brother, Roshan. He was exiled from the Heavens when he rose against them to break me out of my death sentence. He took on dozens of angels, managing to break both out shackles before we were cast down forcefully." He explained, which was also why they both kept some of their unrestrained powers.

Some of them. Too much more and it'd destroy their bodies if they pushed it. But that was manly from Roshan's case, Daemian only learned of his powers while he was on the human plane.

However, his eye noted the outstretched hand to his wings and he watched her curiously. What was she thinking..? "They are my wings... Red from the blood that I lost to them. Happened when they tried to kill me. Only took away my angelic heritage and som-..." No. Don't tell people. With a painful groan, he rose them, twisting them in a simple flap. Fucking. AGONY. To display that movement to her. His hand rose, curving around his back to rub gently against that fudging joint. New specks of blood oozed from their base, the former angel sighing. "Well, at lest I can still move it, but really, ain't that a bloody annoyance." He stated, staring at the blood before he cleared it away.

He really needed to be more careful with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 14:08

"Please don't do that.. You'll make it to where the tissue won't heal right..." Gently stepping forward again, she felt herself take out her back, the paste she had made from Aloe and clancy coming to her hand like she wished. The numbing agent would work well here, thankfully. She slathered it on the base of his wings, forcing the limbs to stretch partially to cover the areas that bled. The bandaging came next, along with two wooden bases- forcing the wings to stay stretched she made two splints to help reset the joints.

Frowning at her handiwork, she wished she could make it neater.

Spacial bubbles appeared beside her, firing into the back of the cave. Two burning arrows, which she used to set the small bundle of brush back on fire. She'd need to help him out before anything else, especially with the state he was in. "You're not really in a state to do that..." Her pack was, as always, the perfect pocket. Uncooked, salted meat came up at her bidding. That, along with a camping stove, made their way over the fire to sit and sizzle. Two canteens came, along with camping stools. Blushing lightly, she gently put one in Daemian's arms.

"I-I.. please.. Please rest before you try..."

Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 14:42

The moment she touched his wing, agony thrust straight through his mind, a hiss coming from between his jagged teeth. It sounded like a predatory sound over a humans noise due to those jagged teeth. However, she worked quickly, something putting his wings to being in a state of numbing. From there, she spread the broken wings across some sort of base to pull them out, reshaping them. It was... Odd. Roshan was the only being in existence that had poured out his care, love and concern on him. It seemed off for someone else to be helping him, tending the old wounds.

With that statement from Erynn, Daemian sadly nodded. "No, I thought it was an amazing idea to go after him when I'm malnourished and barely alive and I'm at a point where my wings could literally just drop off at any second... Don't worry, sweetheart, I'll rest before even thinking of going out." His voice was laced with sarcasm and occasional hisses of pain when the razor teeth slashed parts of his tongue. But truly. Unlike his brother, Daemian knew to look after himself, a trait seldom found in people these days. He really wasn't an idiot, he knew that he needed to rest sometimes before actively going out and searching for him. But he wasn't going to lie. Actually being there, feeling the winds against his face, feel the cold and warmth throughout his body...

It was the most amazing feeling that he could imagine. Nodding his head in thanks, Daemian took the canteen. Goodness, the thought of having WATER excited his soul. Then he froze for several long moments. "I... Please don't freak out on me if you see, please." Daemian's voice was twisted into sorrow and into a deep regret. "I didn't do this to myself..." With that, he partially turned away, unstopping the canteen. He pulled the scarf down, his grey eye literally screaming in terror, his scarred lips trembling in fear as they parted, resting the metal on the jagged teeth, pouring the water into his mouth. He only took a few mouthfuls, before lowering his head, lips closing again as the scarf came back to his nose...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 14:54

Erynn caught Daemian's hands, gently pulling the scarf down. It brought her ease, actually, to see the features... Her scars, her wounds. They weren't as bad, knowing that someone else had difficulties within their lifetime as well. Gently, her fingers traced the scarrings on the sides of his mouth, the careful ones at the edges of his lips. She wanted to help, but.. But she knew she couldn't do anything, truthfully.

Her thumb traced the lines of the wounds that covered his eye- the one that was closed. God, her stomach flipped at the thought that he went through something that had taken his vision like that. Even gentler still, she held his face. "I'm sorry..." her face was against his chest, tears for this stranger spilling freely from her eyes and onto the rocks below as memories came unbidden once more.

Horror struck her as she realized what she was doing, leaping away from him while hugging herself once more, wings wrapped tightly against her. "I-I didn't mean to.. Your scars... I'm sorry that wasn't.. I shouldn't have touched them I'm so sorry... Please don't be mad at me, just.. I haven't seen anyone else with them and I just... Your marks and I.. I-I..." Her body tightened up as she stared up with tears flowing faster. She had made a mistake, she was sure of it. He even asked her not to freak out, and now she was, she had touched them. Her fingers could've hurt him.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 15:47

Her hands around his hands made him freeze, his body temporarily coming to a complete half. His grey eye widened slightly, his body stiffened as she slowly pulled his hands back down. What. What was she doing. What. No. Her fingers gently traced over the scars of his mouth, his mouth keeping firmly shut to hide the razor fangs behind his pale lips. Why was she so curious about them, didn't they scare her? Didn't they drive fear deep into her core? Why wasn't she scared like everyone else had been, the reason why he adopted the scarf that he wrapped around his neck, head and mouth.

The gentle touch of her thumb across the vivid scar across his eye caused him to partially hiss in pain, lips parting to reveal the deadly fangs. It hurt, but he didn't move. It was so odd, someone showing care instead of disgust, surprise, utter shock or sympathy. Yet here she was, Erynn just looking at them as if they were normal. As if they were something to be fascinated of, be curious towards... Suddenly, her fingers were against his cheeks, the man watching her in confusion with his grey eye.

That was when horror struck in her eyes. Out of habit, he pulled the scarf back to cover the injuries as she took a step back. He recognised the stance she took and his voice claimed the form of gentleness once more. "Don't be sorry, sweetheart." To try and calm her down, Daemian took the steps to her, tears rolling down his cheeks, "I've never seen someone as curious as you, Erynn. You didn't flinch, you knew what price was paid to obtain those scars. But why were you not afraid, why were you so curious to know what they looked like, what they felt like? Why were you wanting to know how they shaped themselves...?" He asked, refusing to open his other eye, but his other was gentle, looking down to her. He wanted to understand, but he didn't trust her not to run screaming for the hills later.

To do that would be to tempt the dead.

He held her firmly. She had an innocent curiosity that he'd never seen in anyone before and it... Puzzled him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 18:45

Erynn stared up at him, slightly scared about his question. God, she was going to seem like a fucking weirdo if she went too far, but..

Gently, the Seraphym took Dae's hands, sliding them up her shirt and to the base of each of her wings. The webbing of scars started there, skin rough and sewn almost poorly to adjust over the wounds. Her wings were set into the joints poorly, but firmly. Course skin was beneath the angel's grip, if he chose to feel out the skin. Fire ran up her neck, coloring her cheeks and the backs of her ears as she kept his hands in her own grip, carefully bringing them up to the base of her neck- the long ridge of scarring holding just over her spinal column.

Stepping back, she showed the inside of her arms, the carefully traced scars that could be mistaken for veins.

"Because... I have my own... This is why I can't go down there... I..."

She felt her mouth break into a grin, that amber light shining from her left side as her left hand gripped Daemian's tighter, face shooting up to look into his as it stared him in the eye. "They tore into me. They made me their little curiosity, pinning me up like a butterfly!" Her left hand jerked his hand under her shirt over her abdomen, the biopsy scars puckered and sore still. Her gums showed in the crazed look, terrified tears streaming out of her blue eye. "They performed a living autopsy on me. Cut me open, tried to see what made me tick. Put their own things inside of me, and now I want nothing more than to see their corps- "I just want to be left alone... I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. please no I'm sorry don't bemad at me..." She let go of him, fighting away the grin as she hugged herself, more tears falling.

God, she was such a fucking mess. It was no wonder she got dragged into all of it.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 19:13

Daemian flinched at the contact, he breathing faltered as she took his hand. The contact burned. It hurt like rubbing sandpaper on raw skin. It was tender, the flesh healing from a wound inflicted long ago. He tried not to cry out in pain as she forced it over her skin, but he could feel something off with her back. Understanding shone through his eyes upon touching them. Scars. Numerous scars. Dozens upon dozens, crisscrossing one another. His fingers ran up the spine, long scars over her spine. It seemed the maniacs of this world did a number on her as well.

"So you would prefer to hide up here, away from it all?" Dae asked, hissing as she showed him more of the scars across her abdomen. A blush rose in his cheeks. Wasn't this a bit too forward for meeting someone for the first time...?

That was when that fucking orange side of her face began to twist and turn. Manic. Uncontrolled. Fearing for his own safety for a few moments, his other eye shot open, the red pupil burning deep into Erynn's core, his breathing giving away his fright. As soon as he was released, he stumbled backwards a few paces. His eye fixed on her, the black, inky iris leaking it's own tears from being opened. Goodness this HURT! He watched her, controlling his breathing. The ground beneath him shifted, his wings almost bursting from the restraints.

But there she was again! She stopped, but he didn't step closer, the mans' voice haggard as he spoke. "I-I'm not mad at you... But I really do think that it's safe to say that you scared the living daylights out of me." He almost, almost, swore when he saw the ground beneath her feet slowly start to reach up. His eye slammed shut, the red and black mess hidden once again from prying eyes. "I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry about that, I..." Goodness, Dae, get a hold of yourself.

Slowly exhaling a held breath, he looked up to her with the metallic eye. "That's something that I'd prefer you didn't tell people about... But I can surely tell you this, there's no way in hell I'm leaving you alone." Maybe the isolation was what drove that... Manic side over the edge. Goodness, that wasn't like him... It took something rattling to make him open that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 19:24

Her face lost all emotion.

"I'm not safe for you. I'm not safe for anyone."

She felt the ground beneath her feet shifting, eyes staring in wonder as Daemian's opened. She felt herself walking forward again, biting her lip as she stared at the scars. She turned away, walking into the depths of the cave. She was a fucking monster, scaring Daemian like that. Gods curse her stars, she scared him. She made him feel the need to defend himself. She hid the face she made, tears and agony twisting her eyes into that awful face as she held back sobs.

He was worried that she'd be scared of him, but here he was. Scared of her. Just like he should be. Maybe more scars were needed, the flesh not-

Her hand flashed out, grabbing onto the cherry red metal with a cry. She HATED that voice, the constant laughter, the agonizing thoughts constantly making her want to hurt someone, sometimes even herself. No, she wouldn't do that to Daemian, she wouldn't hurt him. He'd been kind to her, was trying still to be gentle to her feelings.

The scent of burning flesh helped her let go, eyes welling from the pain. Blisters and blackened flesh were a good distraction. Her eyes closed, bliss washing over her mind. Her thoughts were her own, the demons chased away with the fire of the pain. A low moan came from her as she sat down, cradling the wound. It always happened like this.. Desperation to be alone... To be away from that constant, constant voice... Ever since she lost her eye.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 20:12

He raised an eyebrow at her comment. He'd been trapped in the wilderness for who knows how long, and she was trying to tell him that she wasn't safe to be around. Defiantly, Daemian followed Erynn into the cave after some long moments. He said that there was no way that he was going to leave, so why would he break that his word. He stumbled forward, the darkness all around him as he continued to walk.

Erynn's sharp cry made finding her location much easier. For the first time, he ran, straight through the cave until he found her. His eyes shone with sympathy as the end of his sleeve raised, tugging some of the white pieces of fabric from away from his arm. He didn't even care that she would be able to see the scrawny arm underneath. Goodness, that girl... "Erynn... why did you go and do that, sweetheart?" He asked gently, carefully taking the hand in his own. Showing her exactly what he was doing. He clicked his tongue, his hand flicking up the canteen from earlier that was somewhat on his person. He poured the water across it, his grey eye glancing to her.

"This might hurt a little." He warned, placing the bandage on her knee before. "I'm sorry for this, Erynn. I shouldn't have lost my cool with you, that wasn't so chill of me." He apologised before using the cool water to wash her the burn. He worked quickly, wrapping her hand with what he had on him. Which. Really wasn't much. However, if she pointed anything out to him, he would use that to try and soothe the burns.

"It shouldn't take too long to heal. And if it doesn't look like it's improving, I'll step in and see if I can fix it up myself. Unless you can heal yourself?" He almost hit himself. Why didn't he ask that FIRST.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 21:25

"It makes it stop.." The water on her hand wasn't anything new. Frowning, she rubbed the bandage that he used, surprised that he would go out of his way to help her in such a manner. Turning her face away from him in shame, she drew her wings around her like a blanket. "I can. But I won't... This makes it stop... And that means that I won't scare you anymore. If it works, then it works. It's not the first time I've hurt myself for some quiet, away from that.. I may as well be a masochist, by the standard set before me." She stared down at her hands, face losing expression again. She always felt empty like this. She could hear the world turn around her, friends talking to one another with laughter, but have that damn hole deep in her chest. Burning. Hurting.

The scars on her abdomen, her neck. They were the freshest. Six months old.

Her gaze rose upward, staring past Daemian and to the night sky outside. She had hidden away the small fire in the tiny turn, not letting the light escape into the outside world. Her lips curled down into a slight frown. Six months. Six months since she ran out, wings frantically pushing against the skin sewn over them. She refused to be what they wanted to mold her into. She wouldn't let them get that over herself. Never.

Never, never, n-

Erynn face curved into a silent snarl, thumb digging into the burn to draw blood. The voice immediately went away, the pain sending throbs up her arm and into her skull like a lovers kiss. Silence.

That's all she wanted to do, really.

Stop thinking.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 21:35

Daemian raised an eyebrow, his hand wrapping around the burn on her own hand. "Don't worry about me, it was just a small fright, I can deal with it. Unless it's a fright that's going to kill me in like five seconds... Then I'd be worried about it." Daemian commented easily, before slowly letting the hand go. However, as she moved, he could see the light silver of the scars that marred her skin. Over the gorgeous pale skin...

Who could drive this girl to such a point where she was covered in scars? People were cruel in the world, they didn't care, the two beings there having a direct consequence for either their morbid curiosity or sheer cruelty. He couldn't figure out what Erynn's was in this case. But, judging by the two distinct and quite different personalities, he assumed that the scars were given to her due to cruelty. Sheer cruelty against someone so delightfully curious and innocent with the world.

He gasped slightly as her fingers suddenly dug into her hand, the blood almost instantly seeping through to the surface. With a small growl, Daemian took a hold of the hand digging into her other hand. Surely she didn't need to revert to hurting herself for her own control? Grudgingly, he released the hand before sitting down next to her. Hesitantly, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, in a sense to try and comfort the tormented soul. Sure, he may have been torn free from everything that he had, no longer an angel, no longer completely whole, but...

He still had a heart. Or that's what he hoped. "Would you consider showing me around the areas around here? If you're worried about someone getting to you, anyone who had inflicted those injuries upon you... Well, I can promise, they won't get close." His other eye partially opened, a smirk pulling up on his face, hidden by the red folds of the scarf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 22:12

She was surprised at how careful he was. He had taken away her only method of pain, gently holding her palms away from each other- kind of like how an owner would motion a dog to sit, eyes widening as they expected the pup to get up and follow. It was interesting, at least to her. Odd difference with his personality.

Then, he actually comforted her. The warmth offered was worth more than the fire in front of him. She leaned into it, surprised at her own need of the contact. It'd been a while since she'd had someone she could actually call a friend, without worrying about a stab into the back. Swallowing her fear, she closed her eyes. Yeah. This was nice.

"After you eat. The meat should be done now, and.. I'm sorry that it won't actually have flavor. It's just salted and peppered. Hard to keep up with anything when venison's harder to deal with in the spring. I have to be careful about what I hunt, otherwise I could wind up with wormed rabbits and such. I um.. This should be a clean cut from the breast. Sorry if it's tough, I hunted the buck three days ago."

She took both hunks handing him one. Worry crossed over her as she quickly put it on the wax paper it was wrapped in originally- the back to avoid contamination.

"I'll heal myself later, but.. If I take you around, there are some areas I might have to carry you through. I don't want you to stress your wings, so.. Please."
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 22:33

The man wasn't too sure, nor confident, with what to do in this situation. He wanted to reassure her, but the very contact with her made his hands ache. Not because of a curse, not because of anything horribly wrong with the contact, but simply because of the injuries that they had had. Since they stole him from his home, his life had been... Even more tedious and annoying than normal.

He felt her lean into the contact. He allowed his arm to hold her across her shoulders, a small smile tugging at his face. Roshan would have been proud of him for not forcing someone away because of their neediness. He knew what it was like. He had experiences for so long. Being alone. No one to be by his side. Just endless wandering. The warmth of the fire was surprising on his skin, warming the cool skin. It was a sensation that he hadn't had for far too long.

"M.. meat? Like, hi, nice to meet you?" He asked, a frown tugging on his face, genuinely confused. It'd been so long since he'd had any form of sustenance. Absolutely decades. He literally forgot what it was.

As he was passed the hunks, he... looked at it. Goodness. He. Felt. So. Fucking stupid. Shaking his head, any coverings over it he removed. But he shifted his arm around her to pull down the scarf covering his face. For a few moments, he didn't do anything. "Please don't watch,
I... The scars are fine, but beneath that is something incredibly personal."
He requested, he knew how to eat... but meat? What the hell was that? The man turned to face him, raising an eyebrow at her.

"As long as you actually do so, then that's fine. But I'd better not see the injuries there in three days time." Three days... sounded like a good enough number for him. Enough time to heal them and enough time to calm whatever the orange side of her was down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 22:47

Erynn closed her eyes in a smile, gently getting up and walking away to turn her back on him. Her wings stretched, as much as they could at least.

Her sixteen foot wingspan, through each pair.. Was a tad cramped. She couldn't step out, but.. at least she could eat the small amount of meat that she was proffered. Blinking, she didn't look back to him as the stipulation was presented. She felt guilt fill her, knowing that she might break that time limit. The pain.. Fresh pain chased it away best.

Almost as if she called it into being, the left side of her body lit into being. Why do you always think you can get rid of me that easily? I am you. You know you want to look, to turn your head just slightly enough to see past those scars, to look him in the eye. Don't you want to know what color he is on the inside?

Her hand gripped tighter, the burn welling before blood dripped through the cloth. She wouldn't do that to him. He wanted it to remain private, and so it would. Anger went into the grip, mainly at herself as the blood began to fall in a steady stream. She needed it gone, she needed to breathe, not to alarm him. He was... He was different. He didn't ask about.. About the pain. About the badness. Instead, he offered safety, laughing with the sarcasm and mental repertoire of an adult that knew more than they let on. The light turned violet again, letting her know she was safe. For now.

Fuck, her hand hurt. She couldn't feel it anymore, looking down. The burn was way worse from what she'd done to it, the nails digging past the soft flesh and into the tender tissue that made the muscle lining.

Three days.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 06:53

Thank goodness she turned away from him. Nodding slightly and turning his face from her, the former angel's razor sharp fang-like teeth carved through the meat. The flavour burst onto his tongue, the mans' eyes widening. The warmth seeped into his mouth, the temperature mingling with the taste something more than he could remember. He couldn't help the tear that trailed down his cheek. It was absolutely delicious and the man dug into the food, literally carving and tearing it away as he tried to chew it, the damaged molars screaming in resistance to that. It ached to chew, but he did it anyway, each bite of the flesh making the tears flow further down his face.

It was incredibly delicious, something that he could only have dreamed of inside the prison of that other place. A state where he existed, yet... Didn't at the same time.

His eye turned to watch Erynn once more, slightly blinking as her wings stretched out as far as they could. Quite quickly, Daemian pulled the crimson scarf over his face once more, hiding behind the red cloth from the world. His eyes spoke the thankfulness for the food, but the red scarf was partially darkened from where it absorbed the tears that had fell down his cheek. He walked over to her, his eyes noticing the bloodied bandage. Daemian didn't bat an eye. Gently, he took her hand in his own again. His fingers removed it from digging into the flesh.

Daemian gave her a rather saddened and small smile. "You really shouldn't do that to yourself, sweetheart. There's other ways to control what you feel inside aside from pain." His voice was already carried further, having more energy from the food that had escaped his lips for so many years.  "Thanks for the food, by the way. It honestly was amazing- best thing I've had in years." Daemian earnestly spoke, an amused glint in his eyes. It was the first true thing he had had since the night before he first vanished. He kept a smile on his face as he removed the bandage and replaced it again with another. Daemian was going to need to find somewhere to actually obtain more of them... If he remembered how the systems of the world worked.

Just as suddenly as he had been there, Daemian withdrew himself from her. He wandered across the cave to kneel by one of the walls. In some ways, Daemian was still convinced he was hallucinating, his eyes playing evil and unkind tricks against his soul. His fingers rested on the cold stone wall, his fingers trailing down the rough surface. He pulled it down, before reaching the floor. Lightly and mildly painfully, he picked up some of the rocks there. They were so soft, so rough and pocketed.

He didn't think that missing these infernal things were possible...

"I feel as though this is a dream still... It's so hard to think that there truly was a way back to the here... It wondorous, being trapped in that place for so long and to... Feel the wind, taste the food, feel the warmth on my skin, the soft grasses, hear more than my own thoughts..." He stood, before turning to face her, eye welling with tears of gratitude. Thank you so much, Erynn."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 09:00

"It wanted me to look... I wouldn't do that to you..." She looked up at him, eyes taking in the curious stains that covered his scarf- free hand reaching up to brush over the wetness- thumb flashing out to gently wipe away the water that had collected under his eyes. "Please don't cry... I'll make you something better next time, I promise. If you like venison, I can hunt another buck right now. Use the antlers to make better bracing for your wings... I might even use the marrow to help my hand. It's a lot better than just a bandage... Though those are easy to make disappear from the town. I know a nice woman, she's part deer too! Her eyes are white though. Please don't stare at them if you meet her it... it saddens her." Erynn looked down in shame as Daemian left her side, walking to the rocks and picking them up. An idea sprang to mind, the stone she recently obtained burning against her chest in that middle pocket.

Reaching inside, she pulled out the deep violet rock, the white in them looking like a fragment of the sky itself. Surprise made her freeze as he suddenly stood, verbalizing his thoughts in a way that left her unable to respond. The way he was crying made her chest hurt, memories of books explaining the sympathetic and empathetic pains giving words to the cuts that were hurting her soul. Walking forward, she wiped away the tears- face set in a fierce determination as she pressed the stone in his palm.

"I.. I still have my Traveler marks. If you.. You choose to want to go somewhere. Anywhere."

Stepping onto the cliffs edge, a light moan escaped her- stretching out her wings to their full length. It felt good, and she forgot that pinning them against her could really hurt sometimes. Her hand went out to the air, yet another violet split in the air opening to let her pull out her bow- a beautifully made cobalt weapon made from metals and wood even she had trouble remembering. The curves of it left nothing to be wanted- the quiver resting on her back appearing in a violet mesh. Hand flashing to notch an arrow, she raised it- firing six into the air before they disappeared into spacious voids- awaiting her firing them at a later date. With that, she let her weapons flash back into the In Between.

Looking down, she folded her wings- their build overlaying one another to mimic being a singular set. Turning to Dae, she held out her hand.

"Wherever you want to go. The ocean, the mountains, the valley, the desert, the forest, Necrotia, Yvantis, the Core. You tell me, I will take us there. I fly faster than you with no effort. Try me."
The easy smirk made her face crack into a small smile, eyes lit with excitement. She could share how she saw the world with someone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   

Back to top Go down

The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next