Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Imelda Tue Aug 01 2017, 07:29

» Call to Arms (Private)
by Ardent Mon Jul 31 2017, 22:29

» Skylar Agnar, Traveler of the Realms
by Skylar Mon Jul 31 2017, 03:46

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by Guest Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

» Tion, the Dragon of Wind
by Vyllaea Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:30

Top posting users this month

Share | 

The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 06:03

First topic message reminder :

It was empty.

It always was empty.

Well, that's what Daemian had decided for himself. Aimlessly, the former Angel walked. He wasn't an angel. His wings were just a reminder of what had happened, when his fingers couldn't clasp his brothers outstretched hand... He continued wandering, following his feet to where ever they wanted to take him. Just like he had for over half a century. Raising a hand, he pulled the scarf over his nose and mouth once more. The soft fabric was the only thing which he had to remind himself of the sanity which he had. His sleeves of his grey jacket were long, torn, some of it held together by the strips of fabric torn from his old shirt a long time ago. Eons seemed to have passed for the man as he continued walking. Minutes blurred to hours. Hours to days, days to months, months to years. He regretted everything. His soul had become something worse than what it use to be.

But upon seeing the things which he had seen, being thrown around, his body shaped, carved and torn apart... Only to be cast out to this hell when he didn't work or give in like they wanted. Daemian had his heart harden. Even when he found out that the eye truly did lend him temporary gifts, it did nothing to turn his foul gaze from seeing the world through new eyes. His torn wings hung low on his body, the damaged feathers brushing against the ground. Or what was the ground. Whatever. Daemian really didn't know anymore and he couldn't be bothered holding them against his body.

He'd played his own life several times over. Since he first remembered till when he was cast through the portal. That portal... It was after he slipped through Roshan's hands.

The two had been walking to their home a long time ago, seventy years ago. Or more... Daemian couldn't remember. It was just a long time for him. His scarf hid the razor teeth that those monsters carved. They thought that he was some animal when they pulled him from his brothers hands. He could still remember the anguish in his eyes, the tears streaming down his face as the portal slammed shut in front of him. Daemian refused to cry like he knew his brother did. Despite the age difference, due to the harshness of the place he lived, he was colder. Less caring. More willing to murder if he needed to.

But they had thought of him as a true half creature which had grown too wild, a half monster that was too interested in those skeletons for his own good. The people who took him away from Roshan trapped the sarcastic man in a prison. To teach him, to mould him into something better than playing with skeletons and muscular systems... They removed his eye, replacing it with... Something else. Daemian had learned to live with it, but it did have a side effect that they weren't expecting. Nor was it what they wanted at all. It refined him, made his morbid curiosity peak to new levels. Twisted his soul, allowed him to raise the monsters of nightmares.

He just couldn't believe that they replaced the eye, stripped him of a normal diet, normal denture structures. All because they took interest in the wings, off his abnormal midnight feathers which seemed to be permanently stained with crimson. But by now, they truly were. Stained by his blood when they injured them.  

For some time, he was grateful for the reversed eye which replaced his old metal grey one. The red pupil always seemed to scare the people around him and, learning the hard way, he had to control it. He never opened it. To open it would be to allow him access to the realms of the dead. To call upon their strength, to aid him with what he needed, to borrow their aid. Sure, they didn't really feel anything after he released them from their calling. But neither did they care if Daemian called upon them again and again. And again. He had done it to satisfy the burning curiosity that Roshan tried so desperately to remove from him. Apparently it was dangerous, too corrupting... But without his brothers constant watching, and along with the boredom that those beings that dared to call themselves human inflicted on him... Daemian had more than enough time to deeply delve into the practices of necromancy. But that was a long time ago. Before he was the wanderer, lost on this plane. He truly felt trapped between life and death.

When they were truly terrified of him, they tried to dispose of him like any other animal. A lethal injection. He survived, but at a price Daemian never wanted to pay. The cost of him living tore the last shred of angelic nature that he had in his possession. Since that moment, his damaged wings never healed, but neither did they cause pain. If anything, they added to the horrific appearance that he had. He tucked his chin against his chest, the ends of the scarf following his every step.

But that... That was only half of the price that he paid for their idiocy.

When Daemian's screams filled the air... It was only then did they realise what they had done wrong. They tried to get rid of him- but some genius stuffed up the portal. Long ago, Daemian gave up on freedom from this nightmare. To ease the burden, most of the time his mind played tricks on him, toyed with his vision and made him see his grinning brother. Each time he fell for it, rushing over to hug him- only for his hands to slip through air. The smile that made his face shine like the sun... It was such an appropriate name... And considering his morbid curiosity and his appearance... Their parents named them so well.

Daemian continued to wander. Trapped. Never to be freed again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 17:27

He didn't let her go so easily. With a gentle smile, hidden by that scarf, he shook his head. Didn't she hear what he had said to her? "But I just said I loved it, I've not tasted food like that in more years than I kinda want to admit. It's nothing against your cooking, I loved it. Honestly and genuinely, I really liked it. However, hunting some deer down does sound... Interesting. I'd show you my methods, but I don't think you would approve." It was true. He just crippled an animal before tearing its throat out with his teeth. Gruesome. Quick. Painful. He only had the permanent weapons they had forced upon him anyway...

Daemian walked across the grounds with her, the smile fading from his face as he let her go. She was sweet, innocent, needing a guidance that she didn't seem to have. In silent admiration, watching as the realm itself split before her hands. She took out the bow, the arrows firing with a grace that would make even the best of archers jealous. However, they vanished as she sent them through those portals once more. The gorgeous wings that shone like the night skies folded back, taking the same appearance as one single set.

How could someone so manic and troubled, be so graceful and caring?

He gave a small shrug, "I don't doubt that you could fly faster than me. After all,
my wings are bound and they don't tend to work so well unless I use this."
He raised a hand, the sleeve falling away to reveal the skin which hugged bone across his fingertips. Severely malnourished. Damn bandages normally held the cloth down. He tapped the skin under the scar over his eye, indicating that that was the cause before quickly lowering his hand. But at her suggestions, he let his mind wander freely. Where would she enjoy going... Where was actually beautiful?

"Well, it depends really... Is there anywhere that you're not comfortable with travelling to? I'd want to avoid those places, unless you enjoy feeling awkward...?" Daemian chuckled quietly, before looking up to the stars. He could ask to visit the home he longed to return to, to see his brothers smile. But... There was a time and a place for everything.

He was incredibly weak. He doubted he would make it even half the distance from where he stood to there. He needed to build his strength up again, needed to look after the one who saved him from that eternal nightmare. "Maybe somewhere that's close... After all, I really do want to push myself and go further than that. It's not like it has the very high chance to end badly."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet
Name:: Erynn Rae
Alternate Accounts: Cedric, Negene, Jhonen, Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 17:53

Erynn's wings flared into life once more, a broad grin on her face. "A... A few... But... Alright. Please, hold on." Her arms gently wrapping around him, despite his greater height. The sky around them reflected itself in her wings, the stars on her feathers matching the sky perfectly- at any angle. Should they have been on the other hemisphere, the stars that were currently above heir heads would show through her wings. Closing her eyes, she let her mind wander. Thoughts of the ocean, specifically the private outcropped island that was surrounded by sharper rocks and boulders came to mind- almost inaccessible to anyone who couldn't fly.

There were deer, there. Mountain goats as well.

Her eyes flashed open, their light spilling out as her wings beat down once. The ground beneath them blurred, immediately distorting in a dizzying fashion. Her heritage shone through, the Seraphym priding themselves in flight greater than the Angels, speed more potent than the Hellspawn.

She was careful with Daemian, though. She held his neck, putting a protective pocket of spacial distortion on his back. Sure, he could see everything behind them. But it might.. Make him sick. G forces were avoided purely out of physic-ruining magic, protection for him the forefront of her mind.

She counted the blinks. Four of them. She wouldn't be able to fly like this again for four hours, which made her a bit nervous. Hopefully, he wouldn't mind the private space. Her boots touched the sand below, arms carefully moving to bring Daemian's jaw to pose. Worry colored her face- worry that she had scared him again..

Stepping away, she hugged herself. "I.. I hope this works..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://...
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 18:39

At her instruction, he did exactly what she wanted him to do. His arms wrapped around her, holding her firmly as she worked her magic. Knowing what she would probably do and, judging by those wonderful wings which she had... He closed his eye. It'd be better for him not to see what would happen. Her wings curled, the speed faster than anything which he had experienced before. That's when it hit him.

Erynn really would leave him in the dust when it came to flight. And that saddened him slightly.

The wind rushing against his skin, pulling at the clothing, no. This didn't make him sick. Even if they were travelling at a speed which he would never be able to reach. Surprisingly, he loved it. When the sound of something small breaking beneath feet sounded, his eye opened once more. Surprise hit him square in the face when he saw and felt the arms holding him. He didn't notice the scarf had fallen free from his face.

"I have to admit though... I'm faster than you are." He lied, his tone partially playful in nature. However, he was afraid that was lost as his voice broke through the jagged teeth, unable to keep the tone too playful. He could do serious, gentle, but playful. Goodness it sounded like he was going to tear her apart! "Erm, sorry about that, I promise you, it worked."

His heart caught in his throat, letting her go quickly. Goodness, what if he'd terrified her from that tone, that bone chilling sound that the air made as it broke through his teeth? That was when he'd noticed it, something missing. Realising that he turned away, ripping the scarf back over his lips and scars. Oops.

Daemian knelt down, his eyes lost as his body was overwhelmed, the stars in the sky- the beauty which she had captured in her own wings. The waters sounded, crashing against the sands. The winds gently billowing around him. Inky tears fell from his closed eye, matching the joy he felt. "Erynn..." He turned to her, his eyes showing the smile that was brightening his face. "How do you find places like this? They are like golden treasures hidden in the seas, a diamond among the stones... Gold hidden among the quartz." His eyes left her, gazing across behind her, the trees reaching up high into the sky. He couldn't stop himself from being partially honest.

"You find the places which mimic you, Erynn."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 18:59

Pouting from his teasing tone, Erynn huffed. "Says the one that's limping in comparison. Maybe when you're healed, I can take off the training wheels. I won't even Blink- I'll race you full on in honesty." Her hands gently reached up, bringing the scarf back down. The smile that came from her then went all the way to her eyes. "You don't have to hide this from me... I promise."

However, she quickly stepped away as he knelt down- fear sending ice through her veins as she thought she had hurt him. Tears falling from his face solidified that fear, mouth opening in terror as she tried to make it right, frantically moving to figure out what to do.

Then he said that damned.. His damned.. He fucking...

Tears welled in her eyes before she started crying in earnest. His compliment had thrown him over the edge, her body falling into a sitting position. Why did he have to be so fucking kind?

Wiping them away quickly, Erynn went to the forest. Portals opened behind her, her eyes closing to feel the space around her. There, two bucks. The arrows flew just like they had been fired, piercing the torsos five times each. The animals didn't have a chance, especially when she was so flustered. Her catch was drug by the ropes on the arrows.

Her way back involved flustered muttering, large amounts of blush on her cheeks, and the bodies being thrown before Daemian with her mouth drawn in a pout.

"You go get the firewood while I skin these, please."

Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 19:36

He was taken aback by her sudden movements, how she would suddenly collapse onto the ground, the tears welling up in her eyes, pouring down her face. What had he done, why did his kind words put her off to the point of shedding tears? Or had the world truly been so unkind to her, so cruel as to not allow her to hear a gentle compliment, not to give her such words? He felt his eyes fall, but he didn't raise the hand to cover those scars, those things which he feared others to see.

If that was her wish, if that was what would allow her to calm down, then he'd allow the scarf to simply wrap around his neck as he pulled it away from his midnight hair as well. Upon her request, he lowered his head in a nod. However, Daemian did have something else that he was planning. He was going to partially cheat with this, but only slightly.

Walking into the forests, both his eyes opened. He could feel them instantly, the life awaiting to be used once more. Growling, he kept the need down, looking across the grounds. His wings tried to flex on the board, but they were held fast. Tch. Maybe he couldn't use them just yet. Quickly, he shut the eye before kneeling down to gather the woods. He took the initial load back, mainly consisting of smaller twigs and some dried out leafs for the ease of just lighting the fire. Daemian took the pile and created the base of the fire, surrounding it with stones.

However, the load that he gathered was admittedly small, his muscles partially wasted away from that plane of isolation. He went back into the forest, gathering increasingly larger supplies, more and more sticks and branches. He made the pile a little larger before he sighed quietly. Daemian forgot the one thing that he needed.

"Erynn, do you have anything to light the fire? Everything needed to light it is here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 19:48

As he asked, another flaming arrow went into the heart of the fuel. Long ago she had thrown such arrows into her "Quiver" to do things such as she did now, lighting the fuel easily. Frowning, Erynn let the bucks fall into her portals- the spacial distortions easily differentiating the layers of meat and waste in a matter of seconds. Reaching into the fissure, she pulled the racks out again- placing them over the fire with the now fresh venison breasts. Salt, pepper, basil, oregano, paprika, and finally honey were pulled in jars, poured and slathered over the meat to soak in before being put back in their "place" of nonexistence.

Satisfied, finally, she sat next to Daemian.

"This is where you're going to make your home, until you're strong again. We're going to get you fed, you're going to swim for muscle, and then, finally, we'll fly. I don't.. I don't want any of your sarcastic mumbo jumbo bitching about it, okay?"

Her voice cracked, terror that she was actually saying such things in adamant stand. "Wherever you go after that is.. It's up to you. I.. If you want to leave me, I'll understand. But.. I'm going to help you. I can't just.. Just not. Besides.." Blushing, she turned away, eyes looking at the scars crisscrossing his face. "I want to know.. More about you."
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 20:20

Daemian almost yelped in surprise as the arrow burned into the fire. He blinked, before raising an eyebrow at her. Walking over, he watched curiously as she worked, the purple slivers of space opening at her palm, colours that matched her graceful wings. She worked quickly, the meat almost creating itself as she ripped it apart, replaced it and made something to cook.

At her declaration, Daemian raised an eyebrow. Sure, she seemed firm enough with what she wanted, however... Actually doing that was going to be harder said than done. "Please, don't take this the wrong way, but my brother couldn't get me to stop being sarcastic. What makes you think that you have a chance of stopping me." He asked, a smirk on his face. With a blink, a gentle smile came on his face.

"Well, I have every reason to leave... I'd..." He sighed, a blush rising on his cheeks. "I'd want you to maybe come with me...? I'd want to show you the world in a new light. I'd want to protect you so you wouldn't travel in fear." That was truthful, he didn't want her to be afraid and, if she decided to be under his wings, he'd do his best to ensure that no one got close to her. So that she felt safe.

"I'll do my best to stop that sarcastic tone... If you promise to try and come with me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Thu Jun 08 2017, 20:29

Her face immediately flushed a deep red. Standing, she hesitated- thoughts running through her mind. She had just met this.. man. And had just brought him out of the place that she was born, out of the place that she considered home. Sure, she felt as if she could trust him... But that was just a feeling.

Another thought came, drowning her hopes. That damn.. Eye... Almost as if summoned, a small sliver of orange crossed through her left set of wings, teeth grinding in a wince. But.. He made it better. He made it less painful... Swallowing her fears, she took a deep breath.

"Alright. I promise."

Her hands went to his face, tracing those scars again. God, they were so FASCINATING. The lines perfectly mimicking the internals, but at the same time marring against what they should've been. The most prominent, the longest one on his face, made her more curious than she'd care to admit. She'd only seen his right eye twice, now. "But... I want to know." Her eyes bored into his, fingers holding his face gentler than she normally would- scared to hurt him or made him fear her again.

"Please.. Open your eye."

Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 01:52

The soft touch of the hands against his skin relaxed him, but he was pleasantly surprised by committing so easily to what he had asked. He did notice the sliver of orange appear in her beautiful and starry wings, for a few moments it lasted, before vanishing once more. The pain that flashed through her eyes worried him, but he didn't dwell on it. She seemed to be alright at the moment so he kept the smile on his face.

Her fingers traced the scars, a gentle touch as she felt their severity. He felt... Uncertain when she touched them, but her eyes didn't speak of disgust, but of curiosity. He knew that she could feel those disgusting and destroyed teeth if she pressed into the skin. Thankfully, it didn't seem that she had, but she probably knew what they looked like due to the old wounds blooming on his face. As she spoke, he hummed quietly, to see if she would finish.

But when she did, his heart stopped.

Not that eye. Nervously, he broke into the sarcasm once more. "But my eye is open. Surely you don-..." Shut up Daemian... Swallowing hard, he slowly exhaled. His heart was hammering in his chest, nerves crying out to him. No one ever wanted to see that eye, or if they did, he had to do things unspeakable to the unlucky people to witness it. After all, that was what he was trained to do and, each time he disobeyed, his wings were broken.

Nervously he nodded, "Please don't freak out..." He asked, before the black eye opened. Everything but the red slit for his pupil was black, seeming to look deep into her soul. He wasn't afraid of using it, but he was incredibly aware of the dead around him that wanted a second chance of life before vanishing again. This time, he was calm, the sensation just lingering on him. He smiled a little, raising a hand to nervously rub the back of his head. It didn't hurt to look through it- but the vision wasn't the same. Instead of seeing colour, everything was different shades of the same black.

Red outlines screamed through because of the skeletons deep under the grounds. However, when he looked at Erynn... He could see her soul, the gorgeous flames of dancing purples, the twists of orange that constricted her. His heart skipped a beat as his head tilted to the side and, entranced in what he saw, he rose a hand to rest on her cheek.

"You're so beautiful... Even with this eye of death... Your soul- my goodness, the colours... They are more vibrant, more gorgeous than anything I've ever seen before...

Realising what he had said, he wanted to pull away. But how could he? She was so gorgeous. So beautiful, those wonderful colours dancing within her... A strong, kind and caring heart, matching her curiosity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 08:22

Ah, the sarasm was a coping mechanism. Erynn felt herself smile, understanding why he was so venomous with his words sometimes. Not that he was truly using them to hurt, but they fucking dripped with facetiousness. The way his brows pulled together, raising slightly.. The scars moved with them. Dancing on his skin like light on the ocean. To her, it was gorgeous. She knew that his teeth had been marred, but that didn't phase her in the slightest- the scars already told her his story. The slight manner of slurring, he wasn't used to their jagged edges yet. Not with speaking. Wandering alone for seventy years...

He thought she'd freak out? How laughable. She didn't hold back her grin, shaking her head at him. Silly, silly boy. The mannerisms he was using showed his nervous feelings, hand clasping the back of his head like that. Golly it was cute. He even had a blush!- Blinking, Erynn was frozen by her own thoughts. He was a man. A stranger. And here she was, feeling her heart skip from the slight blush, the nervousness...

Then she saw his eye. The sclera, the iris, all of it was jet black. Only one slim, slit fragment of crimson stared back at her. She could feel the wonder enter her, thumb wiping over his brow as she openly stared. Gosh, it was beautiful. Maybe in a concerning way to others, but the way that it matched his hair, the colors blending with his other eye... She felt her lips open slightly, curiosity and want to draw, to mimic what she saw filling her chest.

At least, until he touched her cheek.

For someone so frail, his grip was warm- almost fire against her skin. Her breath came in a sharp gasp, surprise that he initiated the contact making her muscles freeze. His head had tilted, his own eyes wide with some form of surprise. The words.. the words that came from him left her face scarlet, her throat constricting to swallow her emotions.

They stared at each other, seemingly in equal wonder.

She couldn't take her hand away from him, worry that he'd disappear and never solve the mystery, that he'd leave her alone again filled her chest. The feeling crept through her veins like icy, sharp panic. Her body trembled, refusing such thoughts. No, Erynn would absolutely not let him. The tears came again, her arms wrapping tight around him as she buried her face into his scarf. Why was he so kind to her? Didn't he want to hurt her, just like everyone else? Didn't he want to know what made her the way she was? Why was he being.. just.. Why?...

She felt her wings wrap around them, a gentle lee from the harshness of the world. Her sobs broke through harder, the hurt from the two, three? Hundred years of wandering these planes, of being an outcast with no one to speak to. Memories of the only person she had ever cared about spurning her as soon as she showed her wings, of turning her over to where she'd be hurt.. Of running away, wings covered in graphed skin. Of forcing them out, all to get away, to run. To open the way to the In Between, of feeling it refuse her for the only time in her life. She felt it all break free, the emotions overwhelming her. Part of her, that dark part she always forced down, sang. Erynn knew that the left half of her body would be as bright as the sun, but she couldn't stop the tears. He wasn't hurting her, wasn't refusing her. Daemian was being kinder, gentler, safer than anyone she'd met before.

He was.. He was being genuine.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 09:26

Daemian's eye refused to shut as her tears rose in her eyes once more. But his soul wouldn't twist like it had, showing his own annoyance of her flipping personality. As he looked down, his eyes following her movements, he caught the hint of his grey soul, devoid of all meaning, life, personal expression. A mystery cloaked in layers of their own hidden meanings, the angry black of the literal tears of his very being. Their damage was permanent, constantly weeping, but hers, the way they danced, mingled and flowed between the orange and the purples...

His face softly smiled, the was she stood, the way those crystal tears fell down her cheeks, both ways twisted what he saw. One eye ached for her, wanting to hold her. The other saw the flames of her being dancing furiously, flickering like the flames before him. How could someone do this to her?

As soon as she touched him, his eyes shone with the sympathy that no one had seemed to ever give to her. His arms wrapped around her back, his cheek resting against her forehead as he firmly held her against him. Their souls intermingled slightly, the flames flickering in a united dance for several long moments, before flickering apart once more. However, his body firmly clung to hers, his hands careful to avoid those damn scars, avoid hurting her wings...

How could someone raise a hand against her? Her eyes shone with an innocence found in children, a curiosity found in a child seeing an animal for the first time. Her kindness like someone who had never been hurt before. His fingers traced those horrible, wretched scars, ignoring the agony from using those appendages so readily. She was gorgeous, she was so beautiful... How could someone tear her apart like she was worthless? Daemian couldn't let her go, his left hand threading gently through the strands of her hair, holding her gently against him.

"How could the world treat you so poorly, so... So badly. You wouldn't raise a hand against anyone, not without a reason.... Your soul, it's so pu-"

His form froze. Heart froze in his chest. He forced himself away, afraid of hurting her, but he looked around frantically. Dae could see the cracks showing through the darkness of the night that his eye could see. His eyes fixated on a point in the sky, his eyes wide. No. He couldn't. He wouldn't... The anger. NO!

"ROSHAN!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 09:43

Daemian held her. He held her, without restraining her. The grip was gentle, the fingers in her hair soothing rather than harsh and cruel. She could feel her soul sing, the contact something she never admitted she needed. Dae's cheek was on her forehead, more tears spilling from her eyes at the contact.

His fingers, so gentle, traced her own scars. The skin needed the contact, her body feeling bliss that he didn't stare in fear or horror at the marks. Her knees were shaking, weak from how good, how pure it felt to have someone care, someone hold her in a way that didn't cause her body to hurt. His questions came then, voice so quiet and gentle.. Her eyes closed, at least until she felt his body stiffen under her embrace. Hands roughly pushed her away, Daemian's eyes large and frantic as he stared around. Erynn felt her mouth open in confusion, at least until she saw the horror in his eyes- just as he screamed.

Her wings burned as bright as daylight, the orange of her eye flaring into life. She had done something to hurt him, she knew it. It was all Erynn's fault. He was screaming about his brother, his poor Angellic brother. Would he maybe like to see the wings pinned up, just like a butterfly? Like she had been? Tears welled up, her body quickly pacing away- fear at his scream let go of what little control she had over her mind. She was panicking, just as she tripped over drift wood to land on her back, curling up.

God, if he was going to hurt her let it end soon.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry"

The words were a hoarse whisper, terror lacing through the syllables. What had she done? What had he seen? Why was the gentle man in pain, why was he panicking? Did he see what she was? Did he see her eye's origin? Could he see the marks on her body, what they had done to her?

She was hyperventilating, terror making her curl tighter as she waited in fear for him to do something, anything. He was in pain, and she couldn't help. Erynn couldn't even get up now, the orange of her body mocking her with images of Dae's mouth splitting into a straight-toothed grin, hurting her.

He wouldn't do that.

He wouldn't.

He..

Wouldn't...
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 10:15

"Forgive me." Was Daemian's only request before he gave in, calling upon his powers, completely giving in to them. The dark eye crossed to his other side, the inky darkness corrupting his one good eye. His right hand lifted, reaching across the space between the two brothers. Fragments of his soul tore free, his hands preparing to snatch. Goodness he was so far away, he was so far...

His mind was in a complete concentration, something literally only broken by his death. He had to time it absolutely perfectly, the strain on his body showing as he began to shake, his brow furrowing. He couldn't shake. He stilled himself, eyes narrowing further until they were angry slits. The mosaic of gold across the darkness, slowly reached forward, bubbling in his chest, in his heart. Before it exploded.

His hand slammed shut.

Chains of his own soul broke away, lashing across the light, coiling rapidly to firmly hold it together. His other hand came up, slamming into the bottom of his fist. Teeth ground, revealing them in the low light. Roshan was struggling, lashing violently in fits of anger, burns appearing across Daemian's skin randomly as he refused to let go. He'd be cursed if he came back in time to witness his brother's death and not do a thing about it. His hand was firm, holding him together.

"Calm down Roshan..." Daemian growled, another burn etching its way over his face. He knew they would heal, but what else could he do but take the physical damage? The only other option was to run and release Roshan to the darkness which he feared with his entire being. Slowly, the orb of light calmed down, accepting the chains. Seeing his work was done and firm, he slammed his eyes shut, counting to five before opening them both again. The orb... He could see it. He was alive.

That's when he turned back to her.

Oh hell no... "Erynn, sweetheart..." He'd terrified her, his eyes softening. The purple flames were withdrawn, amplifying the emotions that she could feel. She was afraid of him. Slowly, he walked back to her, his hands spread out, the fresh burns stinging as he walked.
"Erynn, I'm not going to hurt you..." He stopped, his arms remaining by his side, but he knew that his eyes spoke the agony he felt of making her feel so scared.

"M... My brother... He wa... He was dying, Erynn." He felt the tears running down his face, and he raised a hand, pulling the scarf up to cover those scars. Maybe she'd feel more comfortable if they were away... "I'm so sorry, I.. didn't mean to frighten you like that, sweetheart. I promise... I promise you, I didn't mean to scare you..."

Sobs tore from his throat, his hand rising to cover his falling tears. "I'm not a monster, I'm n... not going to hurt you, I want to show you everything... I want to take you to Yvantis, take you through the seas. Through the mountains. Through the valleys. Everywhere and anywhere at once... Oh sweet little Erynn, I'd never hurt you..."

He really was a monster, making someone so innocent, so gentle, so kind, cry. Causing those wings to appear, the orange blazing like a fire through his eye. His arms wrapped around her, his face hiding in her hair as his sobs filled the silent night.

"I'm so sorry, Erynn."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 10:37

His voice was so quiet... The pitch wasn't harsh, jagged, or anything. The kicks she expected to her fragile limbs never came. The harsh shouts never left his mouth, instead... An explanation. Erynn felt her eyes open of her own accord, slowly turning her head to him. Roshan.. His brother- dying?...

Alarm flashed through her as she took in the burns that covered his hands, the way he pulled his scarf up over his face gingerly. The flesh there was singed, too. His eyes, they were shedding tears- why??

Daemian slipped his arms around her, her flinch unneeded as his gentle embrace took her against him- face against her hair as he cried. Guilt, hot and messy, slid through her chest. She'd hurt him by running. She'd hurt him by staying. What was she supposed to do?

The orange dipped away, body twisting carefully as she pulled him against her- hands pulling away the scarf before she held his cheeks, blushing profusely. His words.. the way he acted... It hurt her. But she wanted that pain. It wasn't a violent agony, but a soft one that made her want to make him smile..

Memories of books, of tomes that explained what she felt, of what the women would do to their knights to make them stop their pain. The Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping One, Sonne... all of the novels in languages she couldn't remember unless they were before her sprung to mind.

"I thought... I hurt you.... I thought I had made you remember things.. That's why they hurt me.. I made them remember... I made Him so mad.. He did things to me, he tried to take my body, tried to make one with me, and.. I can't.. You're not like Them... I'm sorry..."

She felt her eyes soften, taking in his agonized look. He thought he was losing someone he loved, someone who he'd wanted to leave the In Between for. Of course he was in pain.. And she wasn't helping him. He had taken her into consideration, carefully trying to comfort in ways that wouldn't make the darkness in her explode and swell. He had.. He had cared.

"I'll take you to him, when we can both make the trip.. I'll look all over for him... If it makes it stop hurting you.."

Her lips were gentle, first going over the scarred eye. It was a different way of feeling, the painting in her minds eye feeling the ridges and painting them onto a canvas. Her mouth followed the lines, kissing away the tears. A spiderweb of pure silver came to mind, over an eye of sunset red, the night reflecting in that inky black. The steel gray wasn't forgotten, instead turning into that same argent of the scars.

Erynn's lips found his.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 11:36

He had no idea who 'Them' and He was but the necromancer just assumed it was incredibly bad news for either of them. True monsters that didn't care for the girls body. His arms tightened around her protectively. He couldn't do too much about it, but, in his experience, actions sometimes spoke louder than words which was why he refused to let her go for a few more moments. Daemian's shock of her lips against his threw his eye back to its normal state. He returned the gentle kiss to the best of his abilities, trying to mimic the gentleness that she had given him. However, he failed. Rather quickly. He was always a bad kisser, even with tips and tricks from Roshan which he'd never admit to, he just couldn't kiss. The teeth slashing the insides of his lips didn't help and he pulled away, shyly.

He didn't want her to see what a simple kiss did to him. Turning his head to the sky, Daemian sighed gently.

"There's nothing left of him aside from a fragile orb of light- his soul, that I chained together.
To me. If I die, he will die. But if I live, he's alive. It'll just be... Draining. But food and rest will let me do this with ease."
Daemian gave a shy smile, "But, if I can ask you, what would you want me to do while we are here? After all, I've got almost nothing on my frame at the moment and I've never been to a point of being so close to starvation without starving. I'm blaming being in limbo for that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 11:49

Erynn put her head on his chest, frowning slightly. "First, you need to eat. There are two breasts on the fire, I did more than salt and pepper. If your body can handle eating and contorting the food into energy, we're going to go swimming. Purgatory keeps those in it alive, but.. Yes. Your body's natural needs will come back, and you do need the food. There are still canteens for you to use if you need them. Your legs are fine from you walking, yes I noticed shut up." Taking his hand, she gently took him to the stool by the fire, setting him before it as she carefully took the meat off- checking it before putting it on a metal plate for him. A fork, of course, came from her pen tool- stabbed into the meat for him to use.

"Eat."

She went a little bit away, hands manipulating the world before her as she reached in-eyes glowing violet as she searched her Realm for that damned.. There. Slowly taking it out, she put the already set tent beside the fire, nailing down the fabric into the solid ground that edged the lining of the beach. Looking out past the ocean, she could see the storm- not much of one, but one nonetheless.

Blankets and two pillows were thrown into the moderately sized pitch, her wings close against her body as she worked. Her bow came into hand, arrow notched faster than she could mentally do on purpose before the shaft was flying through the air- piercing a water moccasin to the rock it slithered over. She continued to do this with the deadly animals, their bodies disappearing with the arrows into the Void.

"There... Should be safe enough, now. The tent is set up.. I... I only had one. Neither of us are going to be out in that rain,
though. I hope.. I hope you don't mind sleeping with me..."

Wouldn't that be ironic. He was already disgusted with her from the kiss.. Why would he want to sleep beside her. He probably couldn't even bear to sit at her side, the disgust he felt so strong it overpowered his thought for help.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 12:29

The blush that came from him burned his cheeks to a vibrant red. She really was keeping a close eye on him, wasn't she? He nodded, listening to what she said and, as her hand coiled over his, his fingers slipped between hers. Hopefully she wouldn't mind too much... The cloth resting on his neck made eating much easier. Upon her request, he nodded, taking the meat from her. As he ate with his shredded teeth, the blood from his lips mixing with the juicy and delicious food.

The sound of thunder was heard from a distance and Daemian looked up in confusion. What was that noise...? Admittedly, he'd never heard such a thing before and he stared in wonder. "What was that...?" He asked, his eyes shining in delight. In fascination, he watched Erynn gracefully fire those arrows, the monsters that her arrows struck killing them instantly. Quickly he finished the food, carrying the plate and fork with him. Darn her cooking was amazing.

He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. Then that blush returned. Goodness, this girl truly was so innocent to the world, her words that she chose showed that clearly. Dae rubbed the back of his head. "Well, if- NO. No sarcasm. As long as you don't mind my wings, nor if I snore. I don't know if I snore. I can't remember." He blushed before stepping forward and taking her face gently in his hands. In almost silence, he gazed into her gorgeous eyes.

"Why would I mind, Erynn? I've told you, you're a diamond, something so precious and gorgeous." He said earnestly, watching the flames of orange and purple dance again. The orange flares seemed to unsettle her and he would be damned if he didn't try to keep them under control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 13:26

Erynn took a deep breath before giving him a sad smile. "That would be the storm. I don't think it'll be too bad, the clouds don't look built. I normally don't set up the tent because I like how it feels under the sky, but it's going to rain- and quite possibly harshly so." Her lips curved into a frown as she saw the lightning leap between the pillared clouds.

Tilkting her head, she stared at Dae. He started off sarcastically- not that she minded it really. "I was joking about the sarcasm, Dae. Just.. Don't use it to hurt me. Sometimes I take things too seriously. Besides, I think my wings will be the bigger problem. I have to sleep with a wrapping on to help them, really. The scars are really rough to sleep on..." Her eyes looked up to his, her face heating from the touch of his hands. The blush deepened from the compliment, wings flinching at the burning sensation again.

The water was over them, the rain cascading down and putting the fire out. Erynn quickly pushed Daemian under the tent's cover, avoiding the wet. He was too weak to be able to stay out for too long. Lightning flashed over the sea again, the orange in her wings mimicking the destructive force. She frowned, making them dissipate into a shimmer of heat behind her. It was the only way to make them fit.

Blushing, she quickly undid her overalls- hands going to the bottom of her shirt before she frantically fought off the sodden materials. The undershirt was enough to hide most of her stomach, the scars still showing. The wrappings were gathered from her side, the bandages making their way around her waist before cinching tightly. She could feel the muscles droop and relax, eyes closing as she rubbed her face.

"I should've checked the skies before bringing you here.. I.. I'm sorry."
Her hands went to his scarf, taking away the material before hanging it at the top of the tent to dry on the inside- it hadn't gotten all of the liquid soaked in. Her fingers worked on the bandages that held his jacket together- putting them both alongside the scarf. She was surprised at his red shirt, thankful that the rain had kept his pants dry however.

Apologetically smiling, she offered a blanket- tossing it to him with a yelp when the wind broke through the open flaps. Erynn quickly did the zipper, letting out a huff of irritation as she wiped the water from her eyes. Great, now her hair was going to poof up in the morning..
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 14:38

The rain which came by quickly began to flood where they were and, upon Erynns ushering, he quickly went into the tent. Only a few moments later did the fire die out from the downpour. His eyes were dancing across the sparkling drops, absolutely gorgeous as they fell. So beautiful, yet... So blasted cold. He shrugged as he looked back to Erynn, wondering what that noise wa- his heart skipped several beats, his pride and dignity making him advert his gaze, looking away from her. Goodness, didn't she have a sense of privacy? However, after she took her clothing off until the shirt, he could still make out the scars. But it also meant there was very little left for the mind to imagine things over.

"Hey, don't worry about. But, also, thanks for letting me actually... Well, freeing me from that hell again. It was so lonely there. This water... The cold biting on my skin, it's actually so relieving. I'm home." A smile danced across his lips. Then she decided to reach over to him. What was she doing...?

Before he could stop her, she'd already taken off his shirt, his jacket. No. Fear coursed through his eyes as he glanced down and, instantly, he regretted it.

Oh, his hands! That's why they hurt so much... His arms, skin, bone, barely any muscle. Tears welled up in his eyes as he stared at what he had become. Once a proud Angel, soaring the skies with his brother, only to be taken away. Put through hell. Put through torture. Starvation. Eating what he could that didn't hurt. Soft foods, bread, things which were juicy and easy on his teeth that didn't howl in sheer agony as he tried to eat. He was ugly, his black eye shutting as his emotions rose in his throat.

Goodness no. "P-pleas...e... do... don't be angry or mad at yourself, but .. p..
please can I have my jacket back?"
He asked, making a gesture for it. No tears fell down Daemians face, but they were quite evidently there. He was petrified of what he had seen and the jacket would hide his deformed body, aiding his mind and, hopefully, recovery. Dae just didn't want to know what had happened to him all that time ago. The only scars were on his face, the rest of his body pretty much perfect in every way.

But a horribly underweight figure burned in his mind... Was he... Really that bad?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 14:45

"I'm sorry Dae, but if I let you have it you'll make yourself sick.. It's too cold for that. I'll let you have it when it dries, but for now we have to make sure you make it to morning without getting sick..." Guilt made tears well yet a fucking gain as she took the blanket to wrap it carefully around Daemian. She carefully undid his shoes, putting the boots near the entrance alongside hers. She carefully wrapped another around the angel, hands pushing him gently down onto the pillow she had set for him. Her hands went to the canteen hanging from the entrance, unscrewing the cap before holding it out to Dae.

"I would.. Please don't think of me as cruel... I.. But I can't let you. You'll get sick and that'll make it harder for us to help your body. Please... Please just wait until it dries. I'll give you more blankets, anything dry. But I can't give that to you, knowing full well it could stop your recovery..."

Laying at his side, she pulled her own blanket over her, the wings flaring back to life as they covered Daemian. The night shone through them again, stars that had been there before the clouds hid them once more visible. Erynn's arms made their way around his head, pulling his forehead to rest on her chest as her cheek laid on his hair again. It was as much of a hug as she could give him before letting go, pressing the canteen forward again.

Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 15:04

Upon denial of the request, Daemian wanted to let his tears fall, stain the grounds around him, the inky black trailing down his cheek. But, her reasoning was understandable- he would just have to live with the fact that he was skin and bone for a little while. But that was why he was here. To fix that. With her help. Holding the blanket close to him, he nodded his understanding. The necromancer winced lightly as she removed his shoes, but he didn't take the canteen straight away. He wasn't... In the best frame of mine.

"I know you're not cruel. You don't have a hateful bone in your body. You're innocent, you're sweet and carry a kind heart. I know that this isn't something that you would do just to hurt me... So I understand. Seriously, thank you for the help." He said with a smile, before resting a hand on her shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Thank you..."

Those gorgeous night stars light up her wings, covering the inside of her tent with their gorgeous patterns. She truly, truly was gorgeous. She carried the very stars with her as she went and they echoed the beauty out in the heavens above. Dae returned the hug rather quickly, resting his head against her until she pulled back, thrusting something back at his chest once more. With a sad smile, he took the canteen, drinking the familiar sweet water, surprised with the taste. However, he knew not to drink too much before he set the container back down. He rested his head back down on the pillows, gazing into her wings...

They were so mystical, their stars glinting as if they were true stars. As he gazed upon them, along with the warmth of the gentle pillows and those soft blankets, he felt sleep begin to drag his mind down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 15:10

Erynn felt elated that he had actually drank the step forward more progress than she thought they would make. He held down the food, held down the water. Maybe Purgatory wouldn't be so cruel. She slid towards him, bending the wings like a small canopy above the pair before putting her chin on his shoulder, forehead to his temple. It was fucking cold thanks to the storm, yet here he was, acting like a firepit.

She knew he was tired, and could feel the urge to rest herself. One moment she was watching him, blinking away the sleep, the next she was unconscious, mouth slightly open in a smile.

-----------------------------------------------

Daylight crept through the window, barely visible between her feathers. Goddamn she hated that shit. "fucking piss on the sun to make it stop waking me up like a fucking cunt monger in the fucking middle of the fucking rest I fucking.." A yawn came out, her body pressing closer to the warmth at her side, ignoring the light of the sun outside.

Her eyes flashed open, realizing what she had done. Fear stiffened her muscles, her leg carefully removing itself from Dae's right limb as she slowly put room between them. Fuckufckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 15:39

The cursing was the first thing that Daemian heard, the words angry and laced with a fury that he'd not heard for a long time. Snapping his eyes open and, in a partial confusion, he groaned quietly. In the same moment, the soothing warmth that was near him, wrapped over his right leg, was gone. He frowned lightly, the evening stars still blocking out the light- or at least, most of the light. He noticed the fear in her eyes and concerned was written on his face.

He rose a hand, groaning as he rested an arm over his head. Goodness, Roshan needed to stop letting the damn sun in it was too early for this. Rolling onto his back and more away from her, he sighed. "I so am not a morning person, I really... Really am not. It's too early for this..." He stated firmly, before, rather defiantly, he turned back over and pressed his face back into the pillows.

But he had to admit, he hadn't had a sleep as decent as that for a long, long time. He actually slept through the night without being plagued by those crippling nightmares called memories terrorising him back to the land of consciousness. And it was pretty good, he just... wished that it wasn't morning. He wanted sleep. He really, really wanted it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 15:49

Quietly poking her head out, Erynn had to hold onto her shorts to keep them up before she sighed. The beach was soaked, as was the firewood. Fuck.

Her hand went into the air beside her, disappearing into one more of her fissures before pulling out more salted meat. Setting it at the foot of the tent, she zipped the building back up before staring down at Dae. He genuinely didn't want to get up, and that both made her happy and sad. He was coherent enough to speak, but.. He should probably stay asleep.

Crawling back to him, she pulled the blanket up and over them again, pressing her back against his chest via wedging under him. Her wings gave a weak flutter before shimmering away like heat, the full skin of her back giving a gentle shudder. Daemian was warm, so warm that the scars on her back felt fucking erotic in a way she hadn't felt before. She couldn't help the small gasp of a moan that escaped her, eyes closing as she just sat there like that.

Holy fuck it was nice...

Biting her lip, Erynn gently prodded Dae's cheek. "Y-your Jacket's dry.. And.. T-there's food at the foot of the bed, too." She was going to bitterly regret him getting up, the feeling on her back making her close her eyes with a soft smile. God, it sent spirals of a warm, blissful feeling throughout her body.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 20:14

Daemian's eye opened again, a small groan coming from him in response to her. He really was exhausted, and the thought of having to get up and eat... It almost made him just turn back around. All he really wanted to do was sleep, was that so hard to ask? She had resorted to poking him, so it really must have been important to try and start up his damn sleeping pattern again. Nodding to her, he pushed himself upright, his gaunt arm and hands reaching over to his jacket. He quickly pulled them and his shoes on then wrapped the blanket over both of their shoulders as he went to sit next to her. Idly, he took up the meat at the edge of his bed.

As he did so, he nervously spoke. "I heard you sigh earlier, is everything alright outside? " His voice was a little strained and he coughed lightly, before taking the canteen of water again. Quickly he undid the top and took a few mouthfuls of the chilly water.

However, as he ate, his mind wandered back a little. Teeth tearing through flesh akin to like a dog, he just wondered. Why on earth had Erynn moaned like she had? It wasn't really a noise that he had been familiar with, but he tried his utter best not to think about it. It was just a sound that was completely and utterly weird to him. However, he just hoped that she wouldn't comment on his teeth as he quickly ate next to her- almost as if he were famished. But that was mainly because he was so use to other things trying to steal the very little food that he had been given. There was more than one occasion that he tore another animals throat out just so he could eat.

He swallowed the last piece of meat, before looking to her. "And, I have to ask, how on earth do you cook so well? Each piece of food I've had that you've made is just extraordinary. And... I dare to ask this horrifying question... But what plans have you come up with today?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 20:39

"I sighed because the beach is soaked. I can't get any dry wood from that, and that means no fire. No fire means that I have to take meat out of my reserves, which isn't too bad. But it also means that we've got a certain amount of time to put towards wood gathering. I can make fire, sure, but... Not without a cost." Her hands went to her back, unfastening the bandages with a shudder. She hated how cold her skin felt back there, especially after this rain. Utopia's spring was as close to winter as she wanted to get without proper measures.

She pulled her overshirt on once more, buttoning her overalls together before lacing her boots. "Honestly, all I do is sear. I guess you're just that hungry.. I avoid most flavors unless I'm celebrating- like last night. Otherwise it's just bare minimum from survival... As for today. We're going to do planks. Along with.. Well.." Her cheeks reddened as she remembered his warmth, before she cleared her throat. He wasn't going to want anything close to contact after this..

"I need to rebreak your wings. I'll be taking the buck horns from last night and shape them into braces so that you'll heal correctly this time. Do you.. Do you heal faster with anything? And if you're still hungry, I'll set fire to one of my older wooden stools. Or something. I dunno. I need to work on that, actually."

With that, she stood out of the tent- traversing the beach side to gather spare drift wood before returning to the rack over the fire. She put the wood on the ashes before, before raising a hand. A fissure from behind her opened, hot wind blowing from the desert areas of Necrotia. She left the line there for a moment, noting the steam rising readily from the wood before stepping before it herself.

God, she couldn't...

Erynn's lips opened a bit, head leaning back as another half moan escaped her, the warmth on her back more than she could mentally handle. It wasn't the same as... As Dae, but it still felt so much better than the constant cold.

And like that she stood, until she was satisfied with how dry the pile of driftwood was. Almost saddened, she let the fissure close before waiting.. "Dae, I need you out here please." The antlers were between her hands, fists making quick work of the excess points while smoothing them out with her pocket knife. She'd have to use some leather from somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 20:55

His blood ran cold.

Breaking his wings? And the horrifying thought was that she was being completely serious. Even though he had heard her footsteps outside in the sand, crunching as she walked through, Daemian just couldn't bring himself to even start to leave the tent. Even when the hot winds billowed over the tent, he sat there, arms wrapped around his chest. The wings, long ago, had been broken and twisted and he remembered the agony of having them snapped. Purposefully broken. Severely damaged as to make sure he could never truly recover from the injury, until his eye came along.

That could manipulate the damaged wings, forcing the bones to grind against one another to move. But that just terrified them even more, resulting in more damage done. They had even removed sections of the skin and muscle, right down to the point of almost having the bone visible, the only thing saving him from that fate being the thin layer of skin over it.

He shook his head. No. She wasn't going to hurt him, not deliberately. Okay, maybe she was, but it was for a kind purpose. She was just trying to help. As she called him outside, then he nodded. Judgement day.

Daemian pulled his jacket further on, exposing all of his wings. It hurt, but... If Erynn would be breaking them to reset them, he wasn't going to take the chance that they would reset badly. Nervously, he watched as Erynn slowly carved the antlers, swallowing hard. "A-are you sure you can break them easily enough and reset them?" He slowly exhaled, trying to calm himself down. "As for healing faster, no. But well, I can help with resetting it. I'll use the eye to manipulate the bone so it's sitting perfectly while you bind them." It would work, but he was sure that Erynn could see his hands shaking in fear.

Trying to calm himself down, he opened his eye, the inky darkness spreading across to his other. "Before I lose the will to, please, let's do this quickly."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 21:03

Bindings snapped into being from the fissures around him, holding his arms in place. A sad look came over her as she stared at him. "I'm sorry. I can't let you move, and though I trust you I don't trust nature. Fear is real, and I won't let you hurt yourself."

Pacing around to his back, her thumbs ran over his bones. "Gods preserve... I'm so sorry Daemian... I'm so, so sorry... Just... Looking at this makes me... makes me so fucking angry... I'm going to enjoy seeing you heal. Just.. Just be still. Oh Gods." Her thumbs made the first break at the base, resetting the joints as they sat on the shoulder blades, they continued out, following the wing lines to the base of his bend, constantly correcting what she could feel wrong. Horror made her want to vomit from what she was doing, but she could feel that thing in the back of her mind grinning as the blood came from his badly healed marring.

The splint came off, her hands working quickly to put the horns to the base to tie, using the numbing gel where she could. Walking away from her work, Erynn took a deep breath. Swallowing, she couldn't stop herself before sprinting towards the water's edge, emptying the contents of her stomach.

She'd just hurt him, binding him to where he couldn't move.

And part of her had liked it.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 21:15

The first crack sounded and Daemian's lips parted in a howl of agony before he could slam his teeth together. Pain tore through him from the inside as he tried to throw it away, concentrating on the bones that she snapped. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. He felt tears streaming down his face as his eyes squeezed shut, black tears rolling down his cheeks. With every single break, he manipulated the bones. Realigning them to what they once were.

He tried his best not to rip at the restraints holding him. He tried not to scream, he tried his best not to let himself show what he felt as the two worked on those wings. Even when she was numbing it, it still was among the worst pain he had felt.

Eventually, she was finished and Daemian's face was covered almost in a layer of black tears. It hurt, oh it hurt so much, but he knew that it was for the better. He hung his head, breathing through his mouth as he tried to calm the racing pulse and bite back against the pain of his broken wings. She had left, why, Daemian didn't know as he was too caught up in the horror and pain which he was experiencing. If he didn't have pride, he would have collapsed to his knees and wept bitterly while holding his shattered wings. But, for Erynns sake, he tried his best not to show more than grinding his teeth, painful hisses escaping through his teeth.

He knew that Roshan would be able to sense that pain through the chains binding his brother to the plane.

But at least they were both alive, Daemian probably having come back at the best time as, without his interference, Roshan would have been lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 21:27

Erynn took a deep breathe, wiping away the bile before struggling with herself. Standing, she made her way to Daemian before using her kerchief to wipe his face clean- the ropes falling away from him as she gently hugged him.

"No more for today. Back in the tent. I'll cook later. Just.. Just please... Please don't hate me.. I'm so sorry.. Please be okay... Don't be hurting still.."

She was still crying from the thoughts of earlier, wings flaring into life as she spread them as far open as she could. "I'll get some weights to start working on your arms with but please please please just sit down somewhere oh god.."

Letting go, Erynn sprinted down the beach, wings lifting her off the ground easily, her eyes looking until she finally found what she wanted- the large trunk having enough bark off of them to offer better fuel for later fire. Taking large chunks away, she quickly made her way back to the camp before tossing them onto the wood, firing another arrow into the fray to set it on fire. Meat, yet again the honeyed venison, was set on the rack. Flames eagerly leaped up to heat the food, Erynn wiping away tears as she watched.

She felt. GOOD. ABOUT. THAT. Some fucking part of her..

"You'd do it again and you know it. I only did it because he needs to heal.. Or did you do it to watch him suffer? Quit fucking lying to yourself. I'm not. Leave me alone... You just hate him because I don't hear you when he's there. Just.. Just leave me alone..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   

Back to top Go down

The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next