Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Imelda Tue Aug 01 2017, 07:29

» Call to Arms (Private)
by Ardent Mon Jul 31 2017, 22:29

» Skylar Agnar, Traveler of the Realms
by Skylar Mon Jul 31 2017, 03:46

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by Guest Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

» Tion, the Dragon of Wind
by Vyllaea Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:30

Top posting users this month
Daemian

Imelda

Skylar

Share | 

The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Wed Jun 07 2017, 06:03

First topic message reminder :

It was empty.

It always was empty.

Well, that's what Daemian had decided for himself. Aimlessly, the former Angel walked. He wasn't an angel. His wings were just a reminder of what had happened, when his fingers couldn't clasp his brothers outstretched hand... He continued wandering, following his feet to where ever they wanted to take him. Just like he had for over half a century. Raising a hand, he pulled the scarf over his nose and mouth once more. The soft fabric was the only thing which he had to remind himself of the sanity which he had. His sleeves of his grey jacket were long, torn, some of it held together by the strips of fabric torn from his old shirt a long time ago. Eons seemed to have passed for the man as he continued walking. Minutes blurred to hours. Hours to days, days to months, months to years. He regretted everything. His soul had become something worse than what it use to be.

But upon seeing the things which he had seen, being thrown around, his body shaped, carved and torn apart... Only to be cast out to this hell when he didn't work or give in like they wanted. Daemian had his heart harden. Even when he found out that the eye truly did lend him temporary gifts, it did nothing to turn his foul gaze from seeing the world through new eyes. His torn wings hung low on his body, the damaged feathers brushing against the ground. Or what was the ground. Whatever. Daemian really didn't know anymore and he couldn't be bothered holding them against his body.

He'd played his own life several times over. Since he first remembered till when he was cast through the portal. That portal... It was after he slipped through Roshan's hands.

The two had been walking to their home a long time ago, seventy years ago. Or more... Daemian couldn't remember. It was just a long time for him. His scarf hid the razor teeth that those monsters carved. They thought that he was some animal when they pulled him from his brothers hands. He could still remember the anguish in his eyes, the tears streaming down his face as the portal slammed shut in front of him. Daemian refused to cry like he knew his brother did. Despite the age difference, due to the harshness of the place he lived, he was colder. Less caring. More willing to murder if he needed to.

But they had thought of him as a true half creature which had grown too wild, a half monster that was too interested in those skeletons for his own good. The people who took him away from Roshan trapped the sarcastic man in a prison. To teach him, to mould him into something better than playing with skeletons and muscular systems... They removed his eye, replacing it with... Something else. Daemian had learned to live with it, but it did have a side effect that they weren't expecting. Nor was it what they wanted at all. It refined him, made his morbid curiosity peak to new levels. Twisted his soul, allowed him to raise the monsters of nightmares.

He just couldn't believe that they replaced the eye, stripped him of a normal diet, normal denture structures. All because they took interest in the wings, off his abnormal midnight feathers which seemed to be permanently stained with crimson. But by now, they truly were. Stained by his blood when they injured them.  

For some time, he was grateful for the reversed eye which replaced his old metal grey one. The red pupil always seemed to scare the people around him and, learning the hard way, he had to control it. He never opened it. To open it would be to allow him access to the realms of the dead. To call upon their strength, to aid him with what he needed, to borrow their aid. Sure, they didn't really feel anything after he released them from their calling. But neither did they care if Daemian called upon them again and again. And again. He had done it to satisfy the burning curiosity that Roshan tried so desperately to remove from him. Apparently it was dangerous, too corrupting... But without his brothers constant watching, and along with the boredom that those beings that dared to call themselves human inflicted on him... Daemian had more than enough time to deeply delve into the practices of necromancy. But that was a long time ago. Before he was the wanderer, lost on this plane. He truly felt trapped between life and death.

When they were truly terrified of him, they tried to dispose of him like any other animal. A lethal injection. He survived, but at a price Daemian never wanted to pay. The cost of him living tore the last shred of angelic nature that he had in his possession. Since that moment, his damaged wings never healed, but neither did they cause pain. If anything, they added to the horrific appearance that he had. He tucked his chin against his chest, the ends of the scarf following his every step.

But that... That was only half of the price that he paid for their idiocy.

When Daemian's screams filled the air... It was only then did they realise what they had done wrong. They tried to get rid of him- but some genius stuffed up the portal. Long ago, Daemian gave up on freedom from this nightmare. To ease the burden, most of the time his mind played tricks on him, toyed with his vision and made him see his grinning brother. Each time he fell for it, rushing over to hug him- only for his hands to slip through air. The smile that made his face shine like the sun... It was such an appropriate name... And considering his morbid curiosity and his appearance... Their parents named them so well.

Daemian continued to wander. Trapped. Never to be freed again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:12

Daemian's eyes widened in partial fear as she approached him, flashes of his last memories tearing through his mind. The snaps of his wings. The blood. Tearing his flesh. No. She wouldn't do that. He was safe with her. With a nod of his head, he took a dozen or so steps to a nearby tree before sitting down near it. Walking sent the vibrations through his spine and he utterly hated it.

Silently he sat there, head leaning back against the tree with his wings being held gingerly by the antlers. It hurt. It just hurt and ached. A dull pain throbbing through his mind.

Erynn didn't take long to return, but... Something was off as she worked. The way she held herself, how she constantly seemed to be distracted. How she just seemed... Incredibly off. Just different from when she left. With a hiss of pain, he forced himself to stand up again. Eyes fading to normal, he walked over to her as she muttered to herself, only catching glimpses of what she had said. Instantly, he wrapped his arms around her, over her shoulders and held her against him.

"And each time, I'd be grateful for you to do that. You helped me, even when you truly didn't want to do it, you still went against what you wanted and did it. It's alright, Erynn, don't hate yourself for helping me." His voice spoke pain, but his words... He was completely honest with what he said. From the depths of his soul, he was thankful that he found her and she was so willing to help a lost Angel like him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet
Name:: Erynn Rae
Alternate Accounts: Cedric, Negene, Jhonen, Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:43

Her body burst with orange light, the urge to make Daemian scream beneath her fingers flashing forward through her mind, her mouth twisting into a manic grin. "Let's keep going and going and going and going. No stopping. Daemian,
go ahead, scream for me. I wanna hear you beg for me to stop. I want you to cower away from me every time, to see those memories flash through your eyes as you beg me to st-"

She looked him in the eyes, fear forcing that part of her away. Biting her lip, she stared down. She had said those things. "I'm sorry. I promise. I didn't mean to do that. I.."

Swallowing, she frowned.

"You make it stop. You make it stop hurting, stop burning in the back of my mind. And I.. I want you to stay. I know I'm scary, I know you don't.. You don't like when I do that. I can't help it. And I'm sorry.. But you deserve an explanation."

Taking a deep breath, the Seraph stared openly into Daemian's eyes. "I was born the same time the Core was. Heaven and Hell both exiled me, putting me into the In Between. Purgatory, where I was born. Light had pity on me, and gave me a way to get out. Dark.. Dark gave me part of his being, and that's how they made me into the Portal. But... I technically am only about two, maybe three hundred years old. Time moves differently, there." Her eyes softened, memories flooding her again.

"I was out hunting, when They caught me. I couldn't use my powers, because I was too close to the Core. They netted me, before taking me to the labs. The man there... They called him by nothing other than pronouns. Anyway, they strapped me to the table. They cut into my back, trying to figure out my wings, to remove them. They wouldn't be gone, damn it.. So instead, they put my skin over them. Shoved them into my body. He wasn't happy with that.. They.. They did something called insemination after. They kept saying I was barren, before he finally gave up. They took out... They took out my insides and branded me. Then they took out my eye.. And they put his in. My eye didn't like that, and it wound up burning up somewhere. So now I'm stuck with this one.."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://...
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 04:45

At the first words, his grip around her tightened. "And even if you did- that wouldn't be helping me, more of a twisted desire to hurt and harm. But either way, it's fine, there's no need to say sorry, I'm..." He sighed resting his forehead against her pale hair. "I'm use to that sort of thing, but eh, really, it's fine. Unless you want me to be angry?" His voice toyed with her, a rhetorical question that didn't need to be answered.

As she explained, his teeth gently ground together. Angry. A fury in his heart as he watched her, but his eyes shone in a sympathy. He could relate to the pain that she had felt. The last thing he would do though was actually voice it. She was strong, having gone through that and coming out the other side. A simple 'oh I'm so sorry' wouldn't go far enough in Daemian's eyes, words which were just wasted oxygen. Instead, the necromancer raised his head to the sky as a sigh escaped him. "The world is truly a cruel place as it builds you up, then tears you down without a darn warning. A simple thing such as trust is hard to find and, once gained, is more than likely to be taken advantage of. Sadly, most people would betray one another if they thought that they could get the better of someone else." Daemian returned the gaze to Erynn, his arms refusing to leave where they were.

"But here you are. You stand up to what the world has thrown at you. Instead of cowering in fear from a lost stranger who invaded your home, you opened your arms to them as a welcoming gesture. Now here you are, standing and admitting what had happened to you to someone you met just a day or so ago. You're brave. Trusting. So beautifully innocent..." His mouth pulled up in a snarl, his eye reflecting the anger of someone taking advantage of such trust. "You're stronger than anyone I've met, both in will and in being. I'm sure that Dark had seen that within you or he'd never have given you anything from himself."

Daemian sighed, "I stand here, simply amazed by your willpower... Your resilience. If something even remotely like that had happened to me, I'd have thrown my towel in with humanity and people as a creation. But here you are. Standing before me. Resisting what they had done to you. Erynn, you are absolutely incredible to have gone through that and still have the kindness that you have in your soul. Simply stunning, gorgeous even..." A soft, gentle smile danced on his lips as he pressed them against her forehead in a kiss.

He broke away from her, letting her go. Daemian turned away from her, eyes resting on the gentle waters of the shore. Why was the world so cruel to people? His brother always had bad luck, Erynn had those incidences happen to her, he was taken and removed from the known planes, thrown onto a foreign one to be torn apart... Before thrown into the wilderness of the In-Between... Or whatever it was called. His feet took him to the oceans, the waters licking at the soles of his shoes. The wind here was rather chilly, but nothing to be too scared of while he had his jacket wrapped around him. He leaned over, allowing the waters to brush up into his cupped hand. He stood quickly, watching it curiously as it found the gaps between his fingers, slipping through his hand.

Just like the lives of so many innocent people here.

Roshan, Erynn... The two people who he knew and the two who weren't humans, but humanoid. Erynn a Seraphim, or so he guessed and Roshan, an Angel trapped in his chains as an orb or light, his soul...

He sighed, looking over the oceans again. How was he going to help him anyway? It wasn't as if recreating a body was incredibly easy. It required time, practice and Daemian had no idea if he would be able to replicate everything needed for Roshan. He blinked, shaking his head clear of the thoughts as he made his way back to Erynn, a sheepish smile on his face. "Did you, umm... Manage to find those weights earlier? I'd like to get my mind off my aching wings. For me, physical work helps with that a fair bit..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 08:59

As Daemian spoke, a slow, creeping blush made its way to Erynn's face. Her entire body felt on fire when he kissed her, causing her to stare in confusion.

Then he walked away.

Swallowing her hammering heart down to where it should be, she watched him out of the corner of her eye. The way he was moving.. It was as if he didn't feel the soreness,or just ignored it. Staring down at her hands, she remembered the thing that the Council had given her.

Determined, she opened the fissure before her- stepping through it to her bedroom. Pacing forward, she grabbed her chest- a thin line of dust coated it. She was, of course, a Traveler in all regards. But what she didn't do was use the tools given to her by the Council- hoarding them instead.

One such tool might make this easier.

Snatching the weights as he mentioned them, she peaked her head out into the island, double checking he was still there before grabbing her robes as well, holding them all in her arms as she passed through the fissure once more. The portal closed, her items going into the tent spare a small, folded cloth and two ten pound dumbbells.

Taking a deep breath, she presented the items with a smile.

"When I joined the Core, they were freshly teaching Travelers. They don't.. They don't make what I'm about to give you anymore, but hopefully it'll help us get to your brother soon."
She opened the cloth slowly, revealing a silvery powdered mixture. "If you don't know what this is, this is called Angel Dust. I know.. I know what it's made from, but... If we add this to your meat, your body should recover faster. Normally the council makes people take it straight up, but that's what ruined it. They wanted immediate fixings of Travelers that had been starved from capture during the Necrotian wars. I, however, have used it over a time span to fix.. Fix my... Mywings."

Swallowing her fear, she folded it up once more. The dust had worked wonders, as she had taken a spoonful with each meal. Memories of the burning sensation in her back, of her bones ridging and morphing back into place. Bitter, angry memories, they were.

"It may help us get your brother sooner, if you're willing to use it."

Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 09:12

Daemian's eyebrow raised as she mentioned the Angel Dust. He had a feeling blossoming in what he thought that it was and, by the way that she spoke, his fears were confirmed. The necromancer cast his gaze away, turning to look into the skies again. Taking that substance would indicate that he was further gone than he wanted to admit. However, at the thought of getting back to his brother once more... Daemian needed that. He really needed to get back to him and look after the orb of light. If it were to be exposed, taken and used as energy, there would be nothing that Daemian could do to save his brother. Well, he could sacrifice his own soul, but he had no idea what that would do to Erynn if he did that.

While he still was thinking, he took the dumbbells from her. Daemian almost dropped them, the weight surprisingly heavy to him. He pulled a face at them, setting them down on the ground as quickly as he could. That wasn't something that he was going to do again so readily, picking up something that use to be so easy for him.

He sighed, before nodding. "Ignorance is bliss. I'll have the Angel Dust on the meat, just... Just please don't confirm my thoughts and don't tell me what it's made of." Daemian requested, before sitting down on the makeshift bed. He smiled at her, rather nervously. "But if you don't mind me asking, how quickly did it make you heal? A few weeks instead of a few months?"

Daemian looked back down at the dumbbells, normally able to easily lift those weights if they were made of anything else... Thankfully, he'd never actually used those funny things before, so he just assumed that they were heavy. Taking the canteen, he took a few mouthfuls again, setting it aside with a small smirk. "And, I'm going to ask... Why don't they make the Angel Dust anymore? Is it... too hard to obtain?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 09:24

"Alright.. I.. Well. I remember too clearly.. Every bone in my wings that had been shattered.." She swallowed, remembering the pain. "We'll numb you for it. I took a singular week instead of years. But if we go too fast.. I. Mm.. I regained my muscle mass and bone growth in that singular week, after being starved and trapped for six months. It's nothing compared to-.... He had to ask the question as he sat in the tent, causing her wings to flutter nervously.

"No.. I could make it right now without hurting anyone severely. But... I.. Hm.. It's.. It's because of the Dusted. The humans who got addicted to it, or those who had human blood in them. They kept taking and taking, fighting for more. After too long the Council used it as incentive, before realizing that was a mistake. Their bodies.. Their bodies would decay slightly, becoming almost.. crystalline? I guess? Before they just did whatever they could for that. They were almost as strong as me, by the end of it. But.. That's when they found Mist, and sort of.. Caught them. I guess. I don't remember too much.."

That was a half truth, as she remembered seeing one in the Labs.

Taking the meat from the fire, she carefully put her proper portioning down on it, lathering it across before searing it again. Taking it over to Dae, she gently set it down with a plate and fork for him. Her own portion was smaller, fitting in her hand as she sat near the fire. Looking at her wings, she studied the stars before guessing the time to be about two in the afternoon.

"Before you dig in.. I warn you It's going to hurt like nothing you've ever felt. I remember when they broke my wings... I think I preferred that."

Her eye flashed orange for a split second, before her hand grazed the hot metal. The burn opened a bit, causing the brighter color to flash away.

God, she was scared for him...
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 10:04

His eye shone with confusion, but he slowly raised a shoulder in a shrug. What was the harm in trying the substance out and seeing if it would work. After all, everyone had different experiences with everything that they went through. A different spin, a different turn. Slowly he took the meat from her, listening to the warning. "I had my teeth carved while I was conscious, while I was still around and kicking. I had my wings broken at the same time and that really wasn't fun and I do not mean to be cruel or mean, but I really do think that I'll be fine with it."

Daemian gave her a grin, his eyes not shining at all with concern. Instead, they were filled with a determination which hadn't been alive in his eyes for literally centuries. When they first found out about his thing with necromancy, that was when... All his problems started and he lost the will to actually try and do too much.

But now. No. His brother needed him and there was no way he would let him down. His hand instantly flashed forward when he saw she grabbed the metal, the burns stretching up her hand. "You have to heal that by sunset." He stated firmly, his eyes daring her to question that command. Then he let her go, smiling gently at her, before looking at the food. Shrugging to himself, he began to eat.

Teeth shredded through the flesh instead of the fork, cleaving it away easily from the rest of the piece. Strange. He thought that he'd have felt it instantly. Maybe it wasn't as bad as she thought. He kept eating the meat, finishing the piece incredibly quickly- almost too fast for it to have been considered a 'human' speed. Licking his teeth, he slowly turned to her. "I thought this was meant to hurt...?" He asked in confusion. The smirk slowly fell from his face, eyes widening.

That was when the pain struck. It felt like a fire had been set over his entire body, every single damn muscle screaming from the flames. The pain ripped through his entire being, muting him from the intensity of what he felt. Each and every muscle across his body stretched across the space that they use to fill, lashing back to the bones. They pulled, constantly burning as they slowly seemed to tear and stretch. Each time they tore, the burning intensified. Each time the burning came back stronger than the last tear. The muscles felt like they tore and stretched across the space again and again, allowing the room needed to rebuild what he had lost.

His face distorted into a silent scream, his other eye already snapped open, the darkness already corrupting his normal eye. His muscles swelled, bulging under the skin which use to house them easily. But as soon as his skin started to stretch, that too began to burn, threatening to tear apart from the sudden muscle mass that suddenly appeared underneath them. He felt like he had been thrown through a giant pit of fire while small things hooked into his muscle, pulling it forward, ripping it further away from Daemian's bone to restore what it once was at. Pushing further away. Expanding. All the while, the sensations of burning intensified with every single second, the tears freely flowing down his face, unable to voice the scream of agony.

No. This was beyond agony. It was beyond any form of torture. He actually wished he had been thrown through the fires of hell instead of experiencing whatever the hell she had given him.

Do it for Roshan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 10:18

Erynn pulled Daemian to her, holding him in a way that would, hopefully, bring comfort rather than agony. Tears rolled down her face as she watched his body go through days of exercise and work, in the span of a few minutes. She heard the brace crack and break, wincing as the pieces of horn fell away.

Christ, his wings were much larger than she could've guessed. His height and original weight went into their span, the bones and feathers flowing freely in get black ink strokes. She thought he was gorgeous before, but she had to turn her eyes away as the Dust did its work. A blush made its way back up to her cheeks as she stroked his hair- the strands growing from the lanky pieces they once were into full locks. She could feel the muscles in his back now, no longer worried about breaking him.

His bandages ripped, the thinly wound strands no longer proportioned to the correct sizing of the body. Erynn heard other ripping noises, gently brushing her fingers through his hair as she felt her clothes grow wet from his tears. It hurt her to see him like this, yet again. Her eyebrows raised as she looked at the mass he was gaining, worried that she had given him too much at once. Then she remembered that she had only brought enough for one round through the fissure..

Christ, he wasn't exactly thin was he?

Swallowing, she waited until the cracks and pops stopped. It had to have been over...

Tilting his face up, Erynn gently kissed his lips again. All of the worry, the hurt, hell her blush, that odd burning feeling in her chest went into the kiss. Along with hope that he wouldn't turn into one of the nightmares that plagued her at night.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 16:39

His body quivered, the great wings straining against the binds as his bandages that kept his jacket close ripped and tore. Thankfully his jacket was basically the shadow of what he formerly was in terms of size and that didn't tear apart. His shirt, however, wasn't so lucky.

Holy hell. He hurt. Everywhere. But that darn... Episode was finally over.

Daemian ached. His hands shook uncontrollably, the pain overriding his attempts to just stop for a few moments. His thumb raised, hooking into his scarf to pull it away. It was tighter around his neck, a feeling he didn't like. For a second, Daemian's eyes glanced down to the empty plate. Just what was in that Dust?!

Erynn's lips pressed against his again and his teeth pressed lightly against the inside of the soft flesh, threatening to tear through the skin. In some places, they did. Ignoring it the best he could and, with a mild blush, he returned it before pulling back. Goodness, her lips were so soft. But each moment that they touched, his teeth were unforgiving as they tore at skin without remorse, pulling them into fragments. He quietly growled as the space between his lips and teeth filled with blood.

Surprise hit him square in the face. His voice was... Different. The way that sounded, how that noise touched his lips. A sound which he hadn't heard for a damn long time. A smile pulled at his lips, grazing his teeth along the border again. Dammit, he'd need to get use to that again. A rough laugh came from him. "I have to admit I really was not expecting whatever that was. It... Really does hurt." Daemian almost growled. Even though swearing would have been appropriate, Daemian refused to even think of such a word. Not unless it really REALLY was needed. That was just who he was. Roshan, well, who knew what went on in his mind to cause him to swear so much when he was mad.

He moved his hand to cup Erynn's cheek gently- oh wow. Her skin was so soft, like velvet against his thumb. Daemian's heart skipped a beat, his thumb tracing her cheek as gently as he could. He was terrified of hurting her, but... Even with that, she was a little cool against his burning skin, the muscles screaming as they were being used again. The cold helped soothed his hand, tears striking his eyes where he noticed that he didn't need to actually focus on holding his arm up anymore.

It was doing it all by itself?!

He pulled his arm back, gently rolling up the sleeves. The muscle that he could see there brought tears to his eyes. Sure, it made him look lanky, but... It was better than what he had before. It was so much better. Daemian shook his head, a smile across his face in wonder as the flames from his soul blazed through his crimson pupil. The black rips were lessening, the grey slightly off colour... Was that really going to come back...?

Daemian returned his gaze to Erynn, the grey eye looking to her in wonder as his arms wrapped around him. His wings... They even felt heavier, warm, alive, the blood flow restored to the limbs. "Even though that was literally like walking through the fires of hell... That was worth it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 17:00

Erynn's eyes widened. Daemian's voice was actually a lot deeper. But his laugh... She wanted to hear that more often. "I guess you could say you have a little bit of me in you now. I'm.. Sorry that it hurt you. Genuinely.." His thumb pressed lightly against her face, and she could feel her skin start to heat up with how he was looking at her. Why? Why was that a thing. Why was him touching her a match to her fuel?

"I'm just glad we took care of your wings first. They would've gone through a lot, lot worse... God I remember when I had to deal with it... But... That's the first dose. It takes three."

Her hands went to take off his scarf, the remnants of his jacket, and.. The... Slivers of shirt that were left. He folded the materials together, before slowly getting up to go to the tent, hand reaching in to get her shirt from the previous day before returning- gently pulling it down over him.

Needless to say, it didn't.. quite fit.

"I'll sew your jacket back together, don't worry. But... First things first. Flying practice. Running, swimming, and eating. We've gotta put more meat on you, and that's just what we're going to do!"
Erynn's mouth split into a broad grin, the emotion easily crinkling the corners of her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 17:32

Three. Three days. Of that.

That was going to be hell.

He groaned as she took the tattered remains of his clothing away. He gently stretched his back, the bones creaking and popping. Goodness he really needed to get them working again, they felt so off! He raised an eyebrow at her, "How would they have been worse? They were pretty darn painful as it was." Daemian commented half bitterly, before stretching those black wings. He blinked. It didn't hurt?

Then her shirt went over his head, before he could even comment against it. Daemian blinked, surprised. Then he glanced at her with a raised eyebrow, before looking down on the shirt that barely covered half his chest. Not to mention it was a bit tight across him- was this what girls felt like with those things that went around their chest? Shrugging off the thought, he returned his eyes back to her. He chuckled quietly, eyes alive with amusement. "If I didn't know better, I'd say that this was a perfect fit."

Oh dear, hopefully she knew that he was joking about...

Daemian turned his head at the comment of making the jacket and... Those other things. Upon mentioning flight, his eyes shone with worry. He hadn't flown for a long time. A very, VERY long time. Daemian reached up to take away the restraints over his wing, aware that they were half digging into his muscle. After he removed it, a sigh escaped his lips. That. Was much better. With a smile dancing on his lips, he slowly opened the released wings, stretching them out as far as he could. Goodness, he didn't do that as he cramped them, the tips easily brushing against the sides of the tent. He gave a little bit of a nervous smile.

"Sorry about that, they just haven't been able to do that in a little while- mind you, flying is something that really is going to be rusty. I haven't flown since I was taken from my home." He seemed a bit apologetic as he pushed himself to his feet, his hand grabbing the canteen out of habit, and walked out into the open. There, he was able to stretch his wings out properly, without restraint. His head tilted back, lips partially parted as a groan came from him, the black feathers stretching as far from one another as they could, the feather patterns matching that of bird wings designed for incredibly fast speeds- much unlike his brothers. But it felt...

So...

Good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 17:41

Erynn's eyes lit with amusement. He was being adorable as he tried to stretch into the tent, before muttering to go outside. Whenever he stretched his wings, though...

Her hand went to the preen feathers, gently tracing out as far as her arms could reach- following the muscle he had. She started when he groaned, face lighting in an immediate flush. Admittedly, she wanted to hear that again. It sounded... Nice. It prodded the fire in her stomach, making her cheeks flame.

Her arms wrapped around him, face pressing against the spot in between his wings. Muttering, almost silently, she asked him to make the noise again before unfurling her wings as well- stretching as far as she could to attempt to make the same space be taken up.

Erynn was two feet shy of that goal on both sides.

Pouting slightly, she hugged Daemian tighter. Now that he could leave her...

"Does this mean you're going away now?..."

Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 17:53

His wings curled, a single, powerful flap- which strained the entire wing. Quickly, he flipped the muscle back to stretching and relaxing, a smaller groan coming from his lips before he actually noticed the girl on his back. He blinked, glancing over his shoulder, surprised that his wings actually were larger than hers.

Daemian blinked again. He hadn't forgotten how large they were at all.

Carefully, Daemian turned away, before using his own wings to furl hers back down to her body. His hands tilted her head back, gently cupping her cheeks. Goodness, the sadness in her eyes... Hoping to quell it, he smiled, resting his forehead against hers. Both his eyes rested on hers, the malice and anger which had long burned within the other eye replaced with gratitude and calmness. The earth no longer moved from having the thing open. He tilted her head further, kissing her forehead before holding her close.

"I told you... I have to leave eventually. But not until you're happy with my progress." Daemian paused for a few moments, tears trailing down his face. Was she really not going to come with him anymore?

"But you're coming with me, you... promised me that you would... Right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 18:03

Erynn pressed against Daemian, body closing the distance eagerly as he embraced her. Her stomach dropped like a stone in the ocean, tears welling as he said that he was going to leave. Just like everyone does, in the end. You're not worth anything, you pathetic excuse for a heavenly being. You have a shard, why wouldn't you use it? Make him stay. Make him yours, don't let him become someone elses-

Her breath caught. The wet drops of inky black spilling onto her hair. "I'm scared you don't want me anymore.. You don't need me, now...."

The fire was still blazing, the sun had disappeared once more behind rain. Her eyes went over the fire, a violet light blazing into a fissure to protect it from the onslaught of water that then took place. For once, she was thankful for the water, as it hid her tears from even herself. "I'm just so scared that you'll toss me away when you can do everything on your own.. I don't... want that from you, please don't think that's what I mean... I just.. I'm so happy with you here, taking care of you, listening to you and hugging you and feeling you at my side at night.. Last night was the best night in my life. And I just.. I can't go back to being alone. I'm scared of that... You make it hurt less."

She stared up at him, struggling not to sniffle as she stared into his gray eye. Once more, her fingers went up to trace his scars, blazing their patterns into her mind with everything she could.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 18:15

Her hand was on his face, one more trailing the pattern of his scar. The soft velvet skin that just glided over his face, her gentle touch bringing a smile on his face. As if she were made of glass, he rested his hand over hers. His fingers curled around hers, "How could I toss away someone that's shown me a kindness I've never had from someone outside of my brother? How could I turn my back on someone so beautiful, someone so kind as to help a complete stranger... Save someone from their own demons."

Daemian's voice shook with the tears that came down his face, they were simply refusing to stop. "I don't want to abandon you here. There's so much that I can show you, that I want to share with you. I love having you around, your smile lights up my day, your gorgeous innocence and trust makes me feel as if I need to protect you. Hell, I do, so that nothing can ever happen to you again... Please don't stay here, or go back to your life, please. Come with me."

He was shaking by this point, dropping his hand to hold her, his grip with both his wings and his arms folded tightly around him. Tears fell, half staining her hair, half making it damp. His heart ached, surprised by the feeling of anguish that broke through, simply because he thought she wasn't going to come with him.

"Please don't leave me alone again."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 18:36

Sobs shook through Erynn as she clung to Daemian. "I won't if I get a choice." Fire blazed through her wings, eye glowing. "I will rip out the hearts of anyone in my way. I will spill blood with my arrows, slaughter thousands, all in your name should I be separated from you."

The Seraph's wings trembled.

"I, Erynn AaRae, Daughter of the Light and Dark between the two Heavenly planes, will end existence before me should I be removed by your side."

No emotion showed on her face, Erynn's arms tightened around Daemian. "But.. That's not going to happen. Please.. Can we get out of the rain?.. I'm tired, and hurting you like that..." She closed her eyes, bunching her wings tight beneath his feathers. "I'm tired.. And dehydrated..."

Erynn's fingers entwined themselves through Daemian's, pulling him into the tent with her. Lightning flashed over the beach, her lips pursing in a pout. Damn this shit. "Fucking rain. I swear to god tomorrow we're packing up and going to a lake or something. I still wanna swim. And you're going to take off the wet clothes or so help me god I will knife them off of you. I'm not having mold in my tent." Her overalls were off first, the linens beneath soaked as well. Struggling with her over shirt, she quickly ripped it off, cussing the entire time before unlacing her boots and throwing all of it into a corner. Grabbing her robe, she tied it around herself before taking off the rest of the soaked clothes, shoving them into a fissure beneath herself.

"I'll find you new clothes. But I swear to god, if you don't take off the soaked stuff, I will fucking take them off of you. I hate mold."

Her eyes blazed with violet light, determination over the subject showing in the deep purple hues of her wings. She was lucky the tent was big enough for Dae to stand in, but be damned if it wasn't still cramped with two sets of wings.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 18:56

Flares burnt within core, the flames shifting between an additional colour that Daemian had never seen before. His grip didn't falter from hers, eyes accepting the words which came tumbling from her mouth. She was so... Different from anyone else. Normally this many colours meant someone wasn't able to be returned, much like Daemian's soul. Long ago though it'd lost its colour, fading to the blacks and grays which were its core.

"A lake... That would be nice, somewhere that's surrounded by woodlands, that would be even more gorgeous! But really... There's no need for such declarations, I trust yo-" Erynn yanked him inside. Then happily demanded that he took his clothing off. Goodness could this woman just slow down for a few seconds. All he had left was that shirt and his pants. He rubbed his temples with his free hand, the waters dripping off the ends of those blackened feathers. Still, their tips had stains of red through them, but Daemian doubted that they would never come clean.

"Just... If I do, please do me a favour and turn around. I'll take them off, just, please... For my own privacy and pride- or whatever I have left of it, please don't look." Daemian asked, a smile dancing across his lips to hide the nerves he felt. After the wings dropped dry, he pulled them back against his body. Darn, they were long, the tips stroking the ground, no matter how he held them. He shrugged, before looking to Erynn expectantly. If she did actually turn around, that would be when he ripped the clothing free from his body, his partially torn pants coming off as well as the shirt. Realising where they had broken, Daemian quickly picked up a blanket and wrapped it around his waist.

Nope. No one. Was seeing that. Nope. He wasn't ready for that.

Ever.

Blushing furiously, Daemian folded the damp items and tapped her shoulder. "Where abouts would you like me to put them to dry?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 19:15

Erynn gave him the modesty he requested. Her wings shifted impatiently, before she pointed towards the fissure in the ground.
"There should be a robe beside where your pillow is. I um.. I got it as long as I could, but I don't think it'll cover all of you... I'm sorry......."
Her head tilted, new scars having been shown to her. Her fingers trailed from his lips down to him, eyes focusing on the silvery lines intensely. What were their history? When did they come into being?

Stepping forward, she closed the distance, face only a few inches as she continued to stare.

"Do you have anymore?"

Erynn's eyes rose to meet Daemian's, a curious smile on her face. "Oh, and um... We're going to be heading to the Utopian Mountains, the ones closest to the Core, tomorrow. Mainly because there are ponds there, and I can set up pitch pretty easily. It'll be a couple of hours to walk to the town, but we can gather supplies as well. I'll also be able to get more spices, and maybe even some sugar! Wouldn't that be nice? Maybe I can make some tea. I miss tea..."

Pursing her lips, she went back to hugging Daemian. "You're not allowed to go away. I'm not letting you. "
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 19:29

Oh. There was a robe. He discarded the blanket before pulling that over himself. The fabric was smooth on his skin, but the gentle touch wasn't anything like what Erynns skin felt like. Hers had a life within that nothing could compare to, honesty, and that innocence...

Her fingers trailed down his neck, following the crisscrossing of his scars. Blushing slightly, he looked away from her. "Honestly, these are the last of my scars. My face has been... Badly screwed around with, including my neck. They slipped with their knifes when they tried to carve my teeth." Daemian explained, nervousness sparking in his voice. The necromancer really didn't enjoy remembering what they had done to him, preferring that those memories were washed away like the waters from his feathered wings. Just gone. Not to return. That's what he wanted.

He blinked at her enthusiasm. Ponds? Mountains...? The words stirred memories deep within his mind, trying to remind him of something... But the fog of age, the fog of time was too great, the memories slipping from his grasp. He smiled, his arms returning around her with a gentle sigh. "I won't be going away as I'll have you by my side where ever we go." Daemian smiled gently, his lips returning to kiss her forehead.

"And what is this... Sugar that you speak of? And tea? I've been having nothing but scraps of... Whatever they had fed me for so long... I've forgotten everything else..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 20:33

Erynn smiled at him. "I have the feeling you're going to fucking love it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pitch had been rolled after being profusely worked over with warm air, the blankets going in their separate fissures before everything was cleared. Erynn fiercely cleaned away any trace of their presence, kicking the ashes into the sand. Once satisfied, she would take Daemian through yet another fissure in space, the violet portal opening beneath her hand easily. The ground beneath them was smoothed stone, the pond the water cascading through its crevice went into was clear, stone carved immaculately.

A deep, worried frown came to her face.

"I... I think I went to the wrong place... I swear this wasn't here the last time.."

Biting her lip, Erynn stared around in confusion- mainly towards the cabin before her. The wood was polished, and well taken care of. Strangely enough, there were even a set of wet footprints leading up and into the building. The door was slightly ajar, revealing the smooth stone that lavished the inside. Tilting her head, she felt herself being drawn towards the building- the urge to know what was inside filling her. Hopping down the rocks easily, her feet maneuvered the stone steps easily, quickly pacing up to the building.

"Olly Olly Oxen-free!"

Back to top Go down
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 20:50

Isaac's eyes stared out. It had been four days since Roshan had turned into.. Into... Into what, the Golem couldn't fully comprehend still. No matter how many times he had explained it, he just couldn't get it straight. His heart felt shattered still, even as he held the golden orb in his hand. He couldn't sleep, he couldn't eat. Roshan kept chastising him for it, but he couldn't keep down what he tried to consume. It was as if something within him had broken.

And left him in this god damned form.

Long, bladed talons curved at the end of his fingers, their tips perfectly sharp enough to cause blood letting upon contact. Isaac kept having to open doors through other means, refusing to ruin the house that Roshan had built by just touching it. His mouth was filled with more teeth than he recalled his Hunting body to have originally, curving like an alligator's. His eyes were beginning to see more than just aura, taking his original vision and mixing it in with shapes and shadows.

The worst was his body.

His bones were jagged, distending with the muscle almost past the skin. His spine jutted out, barely contained under the steel surface of what served as skin in this accursed form. His ribs were distended, acting like a birdcage for the organs that didn't exist in his hollow shell. Legs were much like that of a dog's, arms having lengthened out to match the pace.

He was fucking hideous, and he didn't give a shit.

Izzy was on the bed, staring into the orb that held the soul of the man he loved. He had come back from the waters, letting Roshan sit in the sunlight like he used to. It was as close to together as the couple could sustain, now. Especially after Roshan had freaked about something, unable to fully explain it to him. His brother- the one that Isaac was forbidden to hunt down and drag back to Ros like he yearned to. To make everything whole, safe, like home again.

His head snapped up, hearing something different. A girl's voice. Low, deep rumbles escaped from the beast's chest, developing like gravel over steel.

"Olly Olly Oxen-free!"

He was moving before he had realized it, silently slinking along the floor. His grip around Roshan tightened slightly, hiding his light in the remnants of his shirt. Amber light escaped his eyes, their image searching the area before him.

Murder was more than one thought, especially after he saw the Mark. Not just any, either. The oldest Hunt was before him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 21:29

The moment he stepped through, Daemian froze. A deep frown crossed over his face, the sounds of rushing waters. Memories tugged at his mind once more, something was off. Something was badly. BADLY off. The frown from Erynn proved his suspicions. She didn't think it was right here. Something wasn't right. Daemian had followed Erynn from a safe distance- until they reached the balcony. When he reached there, he could feel something pulling at him, calling to him.

His shoulders instantly pushed back, his feet taking him across to one of the windows. Something caught his eye and he snapped the other open. It was rather hazy, clouded, but there was movement, his red and black eye sensing it.

Erynn called out into the home and suddenly it was on the move.

His heart leaped in his throat as the ground vanished beneath his feet, sprinting to Erynn. "Erynn, get bac..."

But something caused him to utterly freeze, his hand raising in a fist as he pressed it against his chest. Something tore, screamed at him, shouted for him. His eyes were cast around once more, before he locked onto something else. A faint yellow light, hidden inside. Familiar chains wrapped around them...

His face went pale, frozen in his stride as he stared. That's why this place was so familiar. That's why everything here made sense. That's why he could remember the paths, the balcony around the back, the platform they dove from. The mountains. Countless days spent gawking over the sun, the winds, their wings clipping through the skies. Tears welled in his eyes, finally recognising their home. But... Roshan..?

Where was his brother? Why was he kept hidden from him...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 21:37

Erynn's body snapped into attention, arms pulling arrows back to notch into her bow faster than the eye could track- the heads bouncing into the building to fire at whatever it was that rushed out at her, jaws snapping at the air where she once was. Her heels dug into the beast's head, launching her up and over as two more of her arrows came to her hands- firing at the distended spinal column before her feet caught the top of the roof, body perpendicular to the ground.

"Oh not only no but hell no."

Her wings blazed into life, her body launching to do a flip- spinning mid air to strike her heel down onto the beast's head once more, slamming down with enough force to launch her midair again before twisting herself, firing another arrow in a shot to his eyes.

Her blood froze when he batted away the arrow, the shaft cutting cleanly from that mere movement. The muscles flared to life, anger distorting her features as she felt her bow grow in her hand, a singular shaft of azure light forming as she drew back.

"I'm not trying to be rude, but I would love to see you bleed before me. What the fuck do you want, and why are you attacking me?!"

Back to top Go down
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 21:43

Isaac shot out from the door, shoving it open regardless of the male beside his prey. His mouth went to snap at her midriff, before his jaw was forced against the ground. Snarling, he immediately about faced, despite the two arrowheads aimed at him. The metal heads bent to his will immediately, melting away as if nothing- just as he reached out to catch the damned bitch between his fingers.

Of course, he missed. She twisted out of the way, foot slamming onto his head before his body rolled with the momentum. Her mouth was a fucking large one, the arrow fired nothing to him. The wood split beneath his fingers like butter, a smirk over his mouth easily as his eyes widened.

"Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?"

His muscles bunched, easily launching himself into the air. His nails dug into the middle section of her wings, body twisting to throw his momentum into a roll- launching her down towards the stairs before using his only free hand to dig into the stone mountain. A shriek came from his mouth, body bunching to throw his marks into the call- a Hunting call specifically. He saw her marks flare to life, the violet color like a splash of vibrancy to the bland backgrounds.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 22:09

Three things happened with a speed unlike anything that Daemian had seen before. Erynn leaped backwards, her hands drawing upon the powers of her bow once more to let loose the two arrows. Movement erupted from the house, a twisted being with teeth lining his jaws lunged for her, his hands digging into her wings to twist and throw Erynn down the stairs, strangely moving without too much fire... And lastly, Daemian saw the bright glow tucked away against the monsters chest.

The light lashed forward, the sudden stream brushing against Daemian's chest. Instantly, the two brothers recognised each other, connected through a link deeper than they would ever understand. Daemian sprung into action, his wings shooting out as he dove forward. He'd try to catch Erynn before she hit down into the ground, before thrusting his hand forward towards the monster clinging to the fountain. The invisible link between Roshan and Daemian sparked for a few moments, terror from both sides. But as his eyes showed, a secret remained burning in that creatures core.

"I have am the master of the dead, where they left and where they sleep... So I ask, why aren't you in your grave?" Daemian's voice spoke, his anger cutting through the angry beast. His eyes, pitch black in colour aside from the red slit, glared at the beast as he remained stationary aside from his matching wings moving in front of Erynn to protect her. The light almost slapped him, but Daemian ignored that and, if Erynn moved, he'd scold her later. The flames dancing from the beast spoke an unspoken truth. His hand flipped, as if he wanted to receive something. However, he kept on edge, ready to retaliate if he needed to get out of there in a hurry.

"Where's my brother?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 22:18

Erynn's body bolted backwards as Daemian stood before her, wings flaring out to carry her upwards. Her bolt was trained on the beast, even as Daemian attempted to speak with it. Whatever light had hit Dae, whatever image had just flashed before her, she frowned deeply.

"Dae, what.. What are you talking about?"

Her bow was screaming with the need to release, to see death under her power. One side of her body flinched at the thought forcing the bow and arrow to dissipate into a shower of blue- her body grounding beside her... friend? again. A hand went to his shoulder, confusion filling her eyes as she stood on her toes to see over his body to look at the beast.

Slightly.. Human? Eyes met her own, frantically searching her being. It was an unnerving image, to say the least. His body was disfigured, his mouth opening slightly.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sat Jun 10 2017, 22:36

Isaac's chest heaved, feeling the light in his hand move and bend in his grip. A snarl ripped through his chest, the high-pitched shriek sending birds within the mile around scattering away. Fear for the precious being in his hand ripped through his mind, blazing his marks away in a flash of violet light. He needed to leave, to protect Roshan. He'd eventually get the house back, but Izzy daren't put the Angel in any more danger.

At least, until the black being before him spoke.

Rage, hurt, and memories flooded through him, eyes burning with the rust that fell from his face. His grip slipped a bit, nails leaving gouges in the rock as his body drug down. "I have no grave, you fucking cock licking sonovabitch. Just fucking leave already, your lady legs over there has Hunting marks on her. I'm not sure how much longer I can fucking not do anything about it-" Isaac's eyes widened as he reached out- the gaze darkening with the next question.

His body slipped, sliding down the rockface before landing on the ground before Daemian. "Dear gods... He wasn't kidding..." Horror flowed through him, body bending around Roshan- what was left of him. I'm sorry, I can't just... I can't.. You're not..." Isaac's body was bending, reshaping as he fell to his knees. A groan escaped him, body weak from the days of abuse in the form. Even with the tattered clothing, Isaac curled around Roshan's light, baring his teeth.

"How am I supposed to give the soul of someone I love to a complete stranger?... I don't even know if you're telling the truth.. God... It fucking hurts..."

Fire burned deep in the Golem, his eyes dripping with the rut of his tears. He wouldn't just believe it was Roshan's brother right away, he'd.. No. How could he trust someone like that? Someone with a Marked? It was bad enough about Cedric, but now this woman? And how they had stared at one another, recognition deep in her left eye. God, it made Isaac scared- something that was hard to do.

The light of the sun was already hurting his skin, the pale flesh of his stomach slightly singed from Roshan's light. He was beyond weak, now- unable to hold up his body like that for any longer. Hatred burned in him as he rose his gaze to stare at the black-winged being, lips curved up to bare teeth. "If you're not who you say you are, I will fight for him until my last fucking breath, come back, and rip your throat out with my goddamn teeth."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sun Jun 11 2017, 06:38

Daemian shot a look to Erynn- the black eyes hopefully giving her enough of a hint to know what he was talking about. If she had remembered absolutely anything about them, she'd hopefully understand that he was seeing more than normal eyes could make out. The dancing soul, but the bright red of the bones, indicating death, but not rest. However, his words seemed to strike a nerve with the monster. The orange eyes faltered slightly, more orange trailed down his cheeks. Roshan lowered his hand. The beast was... Crying...?

His words had lashed out in anger to strike Daemian and knock him back from where he stood. But with the scarf covering his hair and face, he narrowed his eyes slightly. Why would he be double guessing...? Did Roshan speak of him in the past?

The light reached from the orb, to stroke Isaac, like a hand, trying to reassure his tormented lover. Isaac, trust him, I beg you... It's him... it's my brother, please...

Daemian looked angry at the initial rejection but, eventually, he lowered his wing to show Erynn what was happening. However, he didn't like letting her watch it, the mans eyes never leaving the beast as he spoke. But neither did they leave Erynn. Eventually, the humanoid took his form back, the before defiantly stare at the black Angel. Daemian smiled.

"Thank you- but trust me... It's harder to rip a throat out from a fellow monster." At that comment, the scarf partially fell from the side of his face, the manic grin on his face to show off his own jagged teeth and gruesome scars. But the smile didn't last too long as Daemian pulled the scarf back over his face. Thankfully, Roshan didn't have the eyes to see that sort of thing, but there was a chance that he could make the imagery out by sensing it with his soul. Daemian walked carefully over to Isaac, lifting his hand once more, but not to request the orb. It was a hand, offered to help aid him up.

"Come now, I need to see him. I need to know the damage that he's done to himself as I was only barely able to chain him to this plane before he truly did die." Daemian said easily, before gesturing to the home, noticing the singed skin. To Erynn, he looked over his shoulder and motioned for her to come with him. She was safe. And if this monster tried to attack her, he'd have both Angels trying to stop him. "But let's take this to the kitchen, there's enough darkness there when the curtains are drawn for me to clearly make out any damage on his soul, aside from those chains I wrapped him in. Also, I'm sorry about that, seeing someone that you love suddenly explode like that. Our humanoid bodies can't exactly handle or contain what we can do sometimes, but really, that's mainly a concern for Roshan."

A smirk pulled at his lips, hidden beneath the mask. Roshan really had found someone to tick a few of his boxes. The light seemed to blaze for a few moments, sensing Daemian's amusement. The black Angel could see the sudden lash against the chains, Roshan's light wanting to slap him across the face but, ultimately, was rejected. The soul seemed exhausted after that effort, condensing back into that orb, gently warming Isaac's skin instead of burning it.

The orbs light wrapped around Isaac's chest, trying to hold him gently, reassure him that everything was alright. To Isaac's mind, Roshan forced his soul to speak. "Please do not harm him, he is who he claims... We have a bond, deep and unspoken, entwined between us as celestial beings, as brothers. He will not hurt me, Isaac and I beg you to trust him. Just let him look, see the damage, then you can have me in your arms again... As I don't want to leave there, it's getting harder to hold onto the warmth and my light.

Despite what Daemian was hoping, the chaining wasn't perfect. His lack of strength at the time meant that some of the bindings occasionally slipped and, every time, Roshan could feel parts of him being drawn away. It was just his luck...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sun Jun 11 2017, 08:05

Holy fuck was Erynn confused. But one thing she could easily see, was that the man before her was hurting. He couldn't take Daemian's hand, even if he wanted to. Carefully, she ducked beneath one of the Angel's wings before kneeling beside the broken man. So many scars... Her fingers gently wrapped around his shoulders, a smile on her lips.

"I'm sorry. You scared me like that... Can we please get you inside?... We just want to help you- I promise."

Her hands gently lifted Izzy up, a smile on her lips as she saw that he was also tall. "Don't worry. We've been working really hard to help Roshan, and we came from the Yul'inruh Isles. As for... My marks...." Erynn's face twisted, turning into a bitter snarl as that orange side flared to life.

"I got them the same way you did, Isaac Du'More."

Closing her eyes, she turned away her head. No. She wouldn't need to defend herself like that. Rather than continue to stand there, she carefully helped Isaac into the darker building, unashamedly staring at the burns, scars, marks, and some of the sunburn? That covered the man's skin.

How many stories did this one have?
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   Sun Jun 11 2017, 08:22

Isaac's heart was bitter. So many fucking people with fucking wings. And now there was this one in particular. He couldn't refuse the help up and into the house, but..

"He says to trust you. But every bone in my body wants to eat you alive."

Isaac made the rest of the way into the house before turning his snarl onto Erynn. "And you. You don't fucking mention that shit. I don't care if you're a guest. Not in front of Roshan, not now. I can't risk his anger again- soyou shut your fucking mouth or I swear to god I'll- Isaac felt Roshan's warmth spread against his abdomen, his huff coming out in an exhale.

"Bah. Fine. COme in, and let's.. Let's get this over with." Isaac was too tired to deal with this, he could feel his body practically breaking down on him from the overuse of everything he was. Specifically his emotions- they always put his monstrous form outta whack. Like with Alice, that one hunt shouldn't have made him as weak as it did.

That... Might be something important to add.

"A few weeks ago, your brother and I were poisoned. I cleared it in a day, but Roshan... Roshan was down for a good three or four. It wasn't until we were locked up in a dark room for a good twenty-four that he could finally eat, and he's still not... The best after that. I'm not entirely sure if that could have anything important enough to pertain to whatever the fuck you're doing, but. When we wound up visiting his sister, I saw that..."

Isaac's voice cracked, and he had to turn away for a moment. Those last few moments with Roshan... Swallowing, he turned back to him. "He got really, really angry when i told him about part of my past. And that... That's what mad this happen. If there's anything you can do for him, please do it. It's the first and last time I'll ask, as generally there's only one person I'm genuinely that polite to, and it has nothing to do with the state of being I'm currently in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)   

Back to top Go down

The Bridge Between Nothing and Everything (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next