Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Imelda Tue Aug 01 2017, 07:29

» Call to Arms (Private)
by Ardent Mon Jul 31 2017, 22:29

» Skylar Agnar, Traveler of the Realms
by Skylar Mon Jul 31 2017, 03:46

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by Guest Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

» Tion, the Dragon of Wind
by Vyllaea Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:30

Top posting users this month
Daemian

Imelda

Skylar

Share | 

The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NPC

PostSubject: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Sun Jun 11 2017, 21:38

The Core was silent.

More so than usual, at least.

Four beings existed near the great crystalline monolith, three standing while the fourth sat in a throne made of pure, amber flames. Her eyes matched the blazing light, the edges making slight crackles of sound as they met the air. Her lips, crimson in color, were turned upward in a smirk as she stared at the three before her. Blood red nails tapped against the flames, adding yet more noise despite no physical object to ring against.

The one directly in front of her was the one she was most bitter against. His pale skin and fair hair reflected the orange light, but his eye stood stark against it. Within their depths, she could see the most bitter emotions roiling like the sea beneath a storm. She couldn't control those, but she made him sit there with a smile. His teeth were almost pure white, which irritated her. She wanted to marr those fucking features further, to take more than just his left eye from him.

To Cedric's right, Isaac let out a low growl. Saandra rolled her eyes, hands gripping the throne to silence him. His metallic skin was even more hideous than she recalled, the bones pressing out like spines on a lizard. Sure, there was more than enough muscle to make a hunk out of him, but the way he looked when he Hunted just.. Disgusted her, truly. He couldn't close his maw all the way, and the way those eyes burned just creeped her out.

To Cedric's left, was a much much more interesting beast. She had gotten lucky in catching him, honestly. Sure, she had tried to enthrall him several years before, but... She still remembered searing the young woman who had taken him into purgatory, watching with laughter as her flames burnt the edges of the dark bat wings she hid from the world. God, it was so fucking easy to make her useless, crying and screaming in pain. Negene's eyes burned a deep emerald, his lips curling in a sneer. You're just upset you couldn't take Lyralai in a fair fight, you coward. I dare you to try sleeping, I know you haven't since you fucking took me you worthless piece of- The only way Saandra could force the Amalgam to shut the fuck up was to stuff his fist in his mouth. For whatever reason, she couldn't control his tongue. It really, really pissed her off. The three each had their own quirks, their own areas where her control faltered. Negene's was obvious, but she was truthfully unsure with the other two.

But she had to take the chances.

"Now that I finally have you here, I can confess something to you. You were not mistakes. Honestly, I'm touched that your bodies were so willing to come when I called. Especially yours, Cedric. I would've figured your sweet little Siren would have erased those marks when she kissed you- or has she not yet?"

The Paradigm's eyes burned brighter, hatred beneath that brow and hidden behind the Northern Star patch covering his left ocular organ.

"You are here, because I finally did it. I finally did what They deemed me to do, and have proven that I'm not a useless creation like two out of the three of you." Saandra's face split into a wide grin, her eyes blazing into a brighter stream of life. "You are here today to help me ensnare your allies. With you, Cedric, we will catch the Leviathan. The mark shall be returned to her body, and with my fire no less. I'll make sure to burn away every last inch of her, so you can't bear to look at her anymore. As for you, Isaac... Your lover, the Angel, is brother to one of the most important Necromancer's we've ever dealt with. Why? Because he just so happens to have a budding relationship with the oldest Hunt we have recorded to date. That's right, the Seraphym that just so happened to graciously reappear into Utopia nonetheless is the keeper of one of the most important Shards. The Shard of Darkness. And as for you, Negene. You're going to make sure that the marks we put on them can't be erased like last time. You're going to ensnare them with your touch, freeze them long enough to make them succumb to what They want."

Finishing her explanation, she brought her hands up- sending fire down the marks along their body. Nothing but a hiss of pain came from them, their muscles entirely under her control now.

A gleeful laugh came from her lips, her dress a bright silver to offset her tanned skin perfectly. God, she had been waiting for this day for so, damn, LONG. "As the Core is corrupt, now, we just need your three shards to help us make things interesting. Two shards of Death, one of Life. The perfect balancer to make everything so god damned interesting. Do you want to know what They'll do with you?" God, it was almost orgasmic to speak about this after the seven decades of being locked away.

Grinning, she set fire to their skin once more- inflicting pain but nothing permanent. She didn't want to destroy her little dolls right away, did she?

"They want to unite one of every shard. They want to do this, to make a new God. And you three are going to help me bring the puzzle together. That's just half of the answer, of course. It's no fun spoiling all of the surprises, now is it?"

The Phoenix's eyes met Cedric's her body standing quite happily before striding to him. Her hands went to his jacket, flicking the collar straight. Course muscle strained to reach out to her, to choke her. She knew what he was wanting, his intentions. Of course, she mocked them- letting him try all he wanted without release. Trailing kisses up his jawline, she felt herself grow warmer near her core, lavishing in the feel of his skin against hers once more.

Cedric's gaze was filled with disgust, his marks blazing into life as that shard of his attempted to help him fight her.

Throwing her head back, she ran her fingers through her auburn hair. It was obvious she was high with power, her false shard finally answering the questions as to how to control the man before her.

It was almost sexual, in a way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 04:34

Tears had long since dried from her cheeks. The anguish in her heart twisted her, her frustrations, her madness, her dis she sought the one fucking being who would know how she felt. Who could actually understand what she felt. Her heart, by the lords it beat so hard in her damned chest. He just got up and left. Without so much as an explanation as to why he left. The man had grown his wings, before he had placed... His hand against her skin, the touch so tender as if it would be the last time he'd feel her pale skin. The very contact, exactly where his hand had left her, still burned in her mind. It ate away at her, twisting her anger further- oh that fucking pain that he left her ate her heart left a giant chasm! That alone broke down deep into Vyllaea's core.

The Leviathan that normally slumbered deep within her was constantly twisting, the beast's maw inches from ripping through her skull, wanting to scream her furies of unfairness of the world. It had taken so, so long. They had finally, just finally, been together for a short amount of time. But it wasn't to last. When did their peace ever last? When did they ever get a chance to simply be themselves, hold one another, talk about anything and everything all at once? No. Fate had torn him from her once more. Vyllaea couldn't cope. Not anymore. Not this time. Not after she had seen that. Seen that look in his eye... A look of...

A final goodbye.

He had left her in the forsaken home so far away from the centre of Utopia, but she didn't care. After her tears and begging had finally made her voice hoarse, she fucking got up and brushed down her clothing. A fury in her heart driving her forward, the anguish only comforted by the soothing voice of Water - the very first time she had heard her. She had to admit, Waters voice was gentle, so soothing, but still had the gentle scolding. Water was kind, quite kind and protective of her. Maybe she really had judged Water harshly... And the Amalgam felt, well, rather bad for it. Vyllaea's heart had in her throat, she had grabbed the spare change of clothing and had set out through the wilderness. Her sense of direction was keen as she walked, having remembered parts of the paths in the past. Vyllaea was a fucking stubborn former Guardian having been trained in the ways of survival and this fucking mountain and FUCKING FOREST didn't have a darn chance of resisting her. Vyllaea's feet ascended the mountains pass, the step, uneven paths made easy for Vyllaea as she manipulated her ice to readily be able to move through the damn forests which were all but littered with dangers. The waters didn't DARE to refuse to form under her command. From fallen trees to vertical climbs. She didn't care. She fucking wanted to talk to him.

Vyllaea ascended the last of the newly carved stone steps. The door to lead to that home, so close to Utopia's Centre... But so perfectly hidden.

Two raps - her signature knock, sounded at the door. But, strange... It was twisted, buckled, the doorknob twisted almost out of recognition.

Vyllaea heard the sound, the running footsteps against the ground. A flutter of wings, a pale hand grabbing and tearing the door open. Roshan's angelic wings all but fell as soon as his sapphire eyes laid on Vyllaea. But the sadness there, the deep sadness was something that surprised them both, their emotions reflected in one another. However, Roshan noted something different about Vyllaea's. Hers was more intense. Nothing could have made her that sad- the anguish, the torment that bubbled and boiled just beneath the surface of her skin, her arms almost having marks to show those scales that longed to surface.

"Vy...?" Roshan's voice was gentle, the past mistakes washing away as soon as she stepped forward. There, Roshan knew. Her arms wrapped around his waist, her tears long ago stopping their trails down her pale cheeks. The unexplained sadness was suddenly answered to him, his eyes softening. He wasn't near her. He didn't stand tall behind her, the protective look on his face whenever he thought she was in danger. Her guardian angel wasn't there... just like his light wasn't with him anymore. A small sigh escaped his lips, his heart fearing the question he was about to ask him. "Where's Cedric?"

The soft, innocent tone in his voice and Vyllaea knew that he had figured it out already. With a shake of her head, her arms tightened around him as she forced her face to be hidden against the folds of his jacket. But she wasn't blind. "I could ask you the same thing- where's Isaac? He's normally your shadow, always in the dark- watchin..." Her voice was laced with misery, the tone singing the same song that he knew his heart felt. They were both seemingly just about ready to kick the bucket with the amount of negativity hovering in the air around them.

Neither of them wanted to know this feeling, the true pains of love. Or, more accurately, the pains when they're finally taken away from you. With nothing left but a memory to comfort them.

"He's gone. During the night. Didn't make a noise,  he just left. I don't know why, I don't know when- but I do know where. He's... Very vicious- there's a path I've found leading to the south east..." Roshan deliberately avoided giving the additional information- but surely, Cedric leaving Vyllaea at around the same time as Isaac left... It couldn't be coincidence, right? Roshan shook his head. No. His sister needed him. He'd talk about it later to the others, maybe.

"At least there's a path for you to follow... Cedric... Flight was the only way he was going to get away from me. He left and he.." Roshan's heart twisted, knowing that fate had been cruel to her once more, "Didn't stop. I saw him leave. I called out to him. I cried his name through the winds. I ran after him, begging for him... to... But he... He didn't fucking stop Roshan- he didn't STOP! HE JUST LEFT!" The scales flashed across her face for a few moments, the snarl of torment twisting on her lips.

"Hey, hey, Vy, it's alright, calm down." More forcefully than what he would have done to Isaac, he held her head between his palms. "You're fine. We'll find Cedric. We'll find Isaac. I PROMISE you that we will."

And there was no way in hell that he was going to break that promise.

Vyllaea's breathing slowly returned to her, her head bobbing up and down in a shy nod. Roshan smiled gently, ignoring his own heartbreak. "Now, come on, lets get you something to ea-"

"I've already eaten. I- ummm... We... I had salmon that was prepared, it saved me from having to hunt and cook more food. Plus, it made her happy that I ate before leaving Cedric's home. As well as on the way here..."
Vyllaea explained but, at the mention of water, her hand raised to tap the middle of her chest to indicate the shard within her. She could see the pain in Roshan's eyes as she no longer called him by his shortened name as the very mention of it caused her to feel a loss. His semi full name was the only thing that she could speak without having the tears burst from her eyes again. But without Cedric there with her... It felt incredibly weird for her, having someone aside from her beloved to almost literally carry her through the deep waters when she thought she was going to die. Water protected her, carried her, soothed her and kept the Leviathan from breaking through completely.

And Light knew that she needed that help now more than ever since Cedric left her.

"And just who's this you're head over heels for already?"

Roshan and Vyllaea both broke away from one another, her green eyes narrowing slightly as she turned around, the soft black feathers reminding her badly of Cedric. But the voice, it was gentle, surprisingly so, but it also had an edge to it. Like his words were partially being pushed through tiny gaps as he spoke to distort his voice. Upon looking closer, the scarf was wrapped around his face, covering his mouth, but revealing a dangerous scar across his eye. His feet touched the ground, looking at the two in expectation. The fully recovered Daemian stood before them, a proud, protective, partially crude, caring and sarcastic man. Thanks to that dust, he was back in top physical health- and he owed his health to Erynn. Roshan's stressed laugh cut Vyllaea before she could speak.

"Well, Daemian," Vyllaea's eyes widened in shock, "Remember the adopted sister I mentioned earlier? This... This is her."

Judging by her surprised expression, Daemian knew that Roshan had already spoken about him in the past. Probably during one of the sessions Roshan had spent talking with her. He shrugged, it didn't really matter and neither was it any of his business. Taking up his hand, he offered it to Vyllaea, "Nice to meet you, Vyllaea. I just hope you know what horror you've signed up for when you joined this family. I'm a necromancer, he's a bone-lovi-"

"Shut up you!"

Daemian chuckled a little at Roshan's snapping interruption. "Anyway... As I was saying. I'm the necromancer of this family, he's the sun wielder,  and you are...?" Daemian left the question open to Vyllaea, partially bending over so he could stoop to his level. The shock that went through her eyes at that movement surprised him, obviously having done something that reminded her of something.

"I'm the monster of the family."

Daemian snorted lightly, his eye peaking open to reveal the black and red eye. Black wings outstretched still, curving around to reveal the red stains. Trying to partially intimidate her. His new adopted sister seemed to be taken aback by this, surprised by the look of it. "I think I'm the true monster here..." But she smirked, the scales pressing through her skin once more.

"I really don't think that you are... After all, you don't have a Leviathan begging to be released..."

Daemian returned the smirk, "No, I'm just, quite literally, the one in charge of death itself. Not even your Leviathan could save you from the clutches of my-"

"OKAY, Ladies, before we all go and start showing off what we can do and I ultimately win because I'll Overload your asses... Let's just all come inside and talk. I hate standing on the balcony..."

Daemian leaned over, whispering almost silently to Vyllaea. "He meant in our asses I think... He likes it that way after all." Vy erupted instantly in laughter, a small joy in her voice. But the joy in her voice didn't fill the hole in her heart that Cedric had left her to deal with. The Necromancer nodded to Roshan rather abruptly. His approval was set. The other Angel always chose well for adopted siblings.  He made a hand gesture for Roshan and Vyllaea to follow him. Both of them did and the trio began to wander down the hills, past the pools. Daemian was leading them to where he and Roshan had seen, and found, that path. His intentions were clear and Roshan knew them, Vyllaea only having to guess what was on the brothers minds'. Finding that man, tracking down where he went from here. Which, hopefully wouldn't be too hard for the siblings.

"Where's Erynn..? Did she come back yet?" Daemian asked, before glancing back to the path which was made INCREDIBLY clear by Isaac as it cleaved through the trees. The Angel was more than worried about the smaller girl. He tried so hard not to show it in front of the two who were dearly missing their partners and, even though the two tried to hide it, the sadness that glistened in their eyes... The blues and reds which were like a thick, woollen blanket over their souls, dousing them. Starving them. Daemian tried not to comment. But Vyllaea's soul, it also flickered with something else, something deep in her shadows. Two things which he hadn't really seen before, aside from with Erynn. Through the purples of her natural light there shone through additional colours. Light blue and aqua. She had something else within her... Living and twisting her soul, pushing against her for freedom.

But it really did suck for him that he was forced to restrain his words about Erynn. He would have praised her for venturing out alone, held her, or scolded her for being alone... For leaving his side for more than a split second. But no. He couldn't. Not this time. He couldn't show his affection, not... In front of his siblings who were both suffering.

He just hoped she would return soon while they were all on reasonably full stomachs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet
Name:: Erynn Rae
Alternate Accounts: Cedric, Negene, Jhonen, Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 08:59

The path that had been cut through by the Golem was intense. Crashing through the wood until the flatlands that lead up to the core- there was the harder partition to follow. Erynn had to have followed them at night, otherwise the daylight would reveal her closely. His struggling lessened as he got closer to the core, surprising Erynn slightly.

Do not proceed, Erynn.

Her body froze as Dark's voice came into her mind, his body beside her. Though his image mimicked her wings in the way of the night, there were more tones of blue in his coloration. The Shard was staring towards the core with anger in his star-like eyes. Yes, I am angry. Angry at the net being laid for yourself and the others back there. Confusion filled her, curiosity making her want to progress, to understand as she strode forward. Her vision dipped into inky black, Dark's body stopping her as his eyes grew in intensity. No. Go back. Tell them what you've found. We cannot do this alone, no matter how strong we both are together. Please, do not proceed without them... His eyes slowly rose to that spot in the mountains, a curious look now upon his image. I think we'll both be surprised at what we find, there.

Understanding, her hands cast Fantell around herself. The orb of spacial distortion hid her presence, but also invited... Him... to share presence with herself and Dark. The orange light from their presence irritated her, but.. Unless she were to invite others into the orb, no one would know. Hopefully. Maybe.

"Why do we give a damn about this guy, again? Did we care before or after he tried to kill us?" Her own voice was filled with smugness, sarcasm, and irritation. Of course, it hadn't come from her. The left side of her body merely stood behind her, talking its damn ways out of nothing.

Choosing to ignore that part of her, Erynn easily rose into the sky, wings gliding over the air regardless of the ground technically beneath her in her own ability. It felt nice to fly during the day, something she typically wouldn't get away with.

Her eyes traced the grounds, following the path up easily now that she knew what she was looking for. Wings drawing in, she landed beside Daemian, Fantell slowly melting around her as she hugged him tight. Erynn couldn't help it, she missed him. It had been six hours of tracking the prints, the path through the forest was just easy enough to see.

Seeing the stranger, Erynn bolted behind one of Dae's wings, drawing hers tight against her. Swallowing nervously, she peaked over the Angel's shoulder before putting her arms around herself. "I umm.. I know where he went... The pathway stopped being clear from the forest out, it got really hard to tell where he was going as soon as he hit town. Whatever happened, he definitely didn't go of his own volition. I um.. He.. There were barely any tracks to follow as soon as he hit pavement, but as soon as I found them.. I followed them." Swallowing, she looked between the two strangers before locking her gaze onto Roshan. He still didn't like her...

"He went to the core. The closer he got to it, the less there was to follow, honestly. Does... He wear piercings, normally? I found a couple of them on the ground..." Hesitantly, she stepped forward to show Roshan the four bars that she held in her hand. The grey, almost black metal shone clearly, slightly warped from whatever had happened to the Golem.

Through her mouth, Dark made his presence known. "If we're going in after him, and where I can sense the other Sharded to be, we need to be careful about this. I don't want anyone here getting hurt, as Light will surely.. Be less forgiving. Though, admittedly, it's very nice to see you again Water. I didn't think I would have the opportunity for a very long time, as Erynn is very muchly afraid of the Ocean. I cannot say I blame her with her past, however. My dear child, would you mind letting Water speak what's on her mind? I daresay that she might have her own input. Though I do seem to recall that she was the least active of us all, wishing more to follow the free will of the mortals. So, rather, I'll accept if she chooses not to speak." Erynn's gaze was forced to Daemian, a smile over her lips. In his steel grey eye, she could see the orange of her left eye being over taken by the midnight blue, even if only slightly. "What exactly can you three do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://...
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 10:09

Vyllaea's eyes didn't catch sight of the movement before there was the sound of feet rushing over. A few moments later, a small rather odd set of eyes peaked over Daemian's shoulder. They were very, very odd. Something which seemed the skies themselves painted. In silence, Vyllaea watched, her green eyes shining in curiosity. She seemed young in the ways that she spoke, nervous, uncertain, almost meek. So that must be Erynn...

Vy saw the tears that rolled down Roshan's cheeks when he took away the four steel bars from her, his eyes not betraying the soul crushing feeling of having those things in the palm of his hands. Roshan would have broken away from the group there and then, Vyllaea could see it in his stance, how he held himself. He was rigid, wanting to leave. Just to go and fucking track them down. Vyllaea felt the same way, but she tried not to do anything about it. Daemian took a few steps forward, placing a hand firmly upon Roshan's shoulder."There's a time and a place,
Roshan, but if we just go in there without a plan, we're going to fail. Sure, they're at the core, I have no idea what that means, but they're there. Just relax. We'll get to them soon."

May I speak with them, my beloved child?

The voice caught Vyllaea off guard, however, she shrugged lightly in response. Vyllaea had nothing that she wanted to say at the moment so she allowed Water so speak. Vyllaea's head inclined, a display of a respectful bow to Erynn, Water having control over her movements as she was given it. "It surely has been some time, Dark. But I do wish to say something here. I know that you were after one man there, however, I do have reason to believe that more than one was taken. My beloved daughter had her partner suddenly leave near the same time." Water couldn't help it as her voice shook, looking to Dark with the sadness easily woven on her face. "He has a shard of Wind."

It was then that Water wasn't able to keep the words flowing freely, retreating back into the depths of Vyllaea's mind for a few moments. After composing herself, Water knew that she had to answer on behalf of Vyllaea with her abilities. There was no way that Vy mentioning them would increase her current state of being. "Forgive me for speaking out of turn again. I know that Vyllaea is able to freeform a certain volume of water within a certain distance of herself. She can also manipulate the waters to heal different injuries. She also, if she has access to it, can create a being from the water itself to fight with her.... I know that this one pains you, my child, but I must tell Dark... I'm sorry.

She also has the ability to shift between a human, a Siren if there's enough water available and she's in contact with it... But when her anger, pain and loss are peaking, she triggers a transformation into a Leviathan- which only I and one with the Wind shard can tame it."

Forgive me, my child, I know that pains you, but they had to know...
Vyllaea cast her gaze away, tears stinging in her eyes as Water's quiet words spoke, trying to soothe her. It just wasn't the same as Cedric's voice though, unable to calm her as easily. Vyllaea looked away, begging for someone else to take the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 10:38

Roshan's eyes watched Erynn closely, his eyes displaying the distrust that he had for her. She was... For the lack of a better word, a hellspawn. Something that fucking shouldn't exist. Yes, he was trying to get over what he felt, but it still proved to be a rather hard thing to actually be able to do. It was as if everything in his being went against her, wanted to pull away from her and strike her- how Daemian could stand so close, could touch her, without so much as flinching... Roshan would never understand.

The Angel listened to her as she spoke though, his thoughts dashing from his mind. Upon seeing the bars, Roshan's shaky hand slowly took them from her. Holy crap, they are his... Roshan bitterly thought as he investigated them, his face twisting into that of anger, rage, just wanting to tear down that damn path just to find hi-

A hand clamped down on his shoulder. "There's a time and a place, Roshan, but if we just go in there without a plan, we're going to fail. Sure, they're at the core, I have no idea what that means, but they're there. Just relax. We'll get to them soon."

Roshan turned his head to face him, his eyes mixed with a sadness that Vyllaea could relate to. All they fucking wanted to do was to actually find out where they had gone. Or at least, find out where Isaac had gone... His gaze fell. Why would he have even left Roshan in the first place? Just after Daemian had finally remade a body for him to actively use. The change in Vyllaea's voice suddenly sounded, that like a concerned mother spoke, her voice soft, gentle. He blinked. He was not expecting Water to sound like that, not one little bit.

After she had finished speaking, Roshan instantly began speaking again. "Well, if I'm honest... I can die pretty fucking well. But anyway, on a more serious note. Any light around me, I can absorb and concentrate in my hands and hold it there. Temperatures kinda can get to the point of being able to burn my own hands, even through protective runes. From there, I can use the light in a variety of different attacks. Mainly being a detonation for temporary blinding, I can create things to slice through the air and burn other people on contact.

Sorry about that, again...

And I can also absorb it into myself. Upon absorbing, well, it heightens my speed, healing, and OTHER bits and pieces. But I can go too far and literally cause my own body to implode."
Roshan sounded a little bit too impressed with that last statement as Daemian's hand gently hit him over the back of the head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 10:59

"Yea, you're not allowed to do that again, buddy." Daemian scowled and, in return, received a glare from his brother. Understandable, as Daemian almost gave him a darn concussion and he never normally hit Roshan, no matter what his brother had done. Daemian gave Erynn, or Dark as he knew it, judging by the colour slightly dancing in her eyes, a smile.

"I'm pretty sure that you know exactly what I can do, Dark. But, seeming you asked, I can raise the dead themselves to help me fight. The more I give into my eye, the more powerful they are, or the more concentration it lends me to do whatever with. It's how I remade Roshan's body. And thank you for your help back then." Daemian said, his smile never leaving his face. "There's something else I can do, the black... Stuff. It can corrode flesh like an acid if I do it right... But, admittedly, I have no idea if I can use more than what I have told you or not as I haven't exactly pushed myself into doing so." He explained, shrugging innocently.

Daemian made a gesture with his hands towards the path. "We should continue walking on the road, mine you. We have no idea what Isaac has gotten himself into, or if Cedric is involved in this as well."

"I almost have no doubt that they would be..."

Daemian almost ended up shoving them to follow the path, Roshan and Vy having been a little bit too nervous. Probably thinking about their loved ones, yada yada yada. Daemian didn't have the time to dwell on that so he ushered them forward. As they walked, Daemian held a wing half protectively around Erynn, mildly worried about Roshan trying to scold her or tell her off. But, truth be told, his mind was elsewhere as he listened to the others talk. Although he was worried for his siblings mental health, his main concern was making sure that everyone here really knew what they were getting into. Sure, they were loved ones...

But why did they leave?

The spires of Utopia's city finally broke through the trees, the pavements overtaking from the forest once more. Here, Daemian glanced down to Erynn.

She'd need to take it from here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 11:27

Erynn's eyes immediately gravitated to the path, following the slight scratchings into the pavement. The whispers started. Swallowing her fear, she slid her fingers to entwine through Daemian's, taking strength in his presence. The marks continued to gouge the pavement in some places, almost purposefully leaving the marks when they did. Her wings flickered in anticipation, eyes continuously following the curious marks.

Until they lead directly to the Core.

The Guardian's gate was, for whatever reason, open. It invited her in, her lip bit between her teeth as she stared around. Normally, this area was bustling with protective soldiers, or traversing Travelers trying to get through Portals. Dark's presence came through her mouth once more, her grip tightening on Daemian's hand.

"This is wrong. Everything feels wrong. She's not here. Why isn't she here? This is her home..."

Her stomach twisted, the urge to vomit rising from the feelings she got from just being here. "Dae.. This isn't right. The tracks keep going..." She left his hand, proceeding past the chambers. Her cautious gait turned into a jog, before developing into a full-on sprint. Dark was urging her forward, alarm deep within his being, and now her heart. Swallowing her fear, she ran through the empty council chamber, hand raising almost to the large ornate doors that lead to the feeling of dread.

She hadn't waited for the others to catch up, instead staring at horror to the gate. What once held beautiful carvings from Light herself was now a twisted shadow of its former self, the silver and crystal fracturing in certain places. Dark let out a mournful cry, the deep sound resonating into her being to shake her bones, bring tear to her eyes. This was wrong. This was not what she was told Light was to be. Erynn wiped away the tears, before laying her hand on the door.

Apparently, that was the wrong thing to do.

The metal, wood, crystal- all of it shattered as her hand came into contact with it. The rubble quickly dissolved into dust, blown back from what laid within.

A large, empty chasm stretched beneath four pathways. In the middle of the room, a large golden monolith stretched to the ceiling- the jagged ends reaching towards the sky that was no longer above it. Within the gold, cracks and fissures of a sick green, almost black color burned within it. Her mind reeled away from it, refusing to see it for what it was. Light's corruption. The once saintly figure could be seen in it, the outline of that green mimicking her hands around her throat, unheard scream reaching to the heavens as frozen tears rolled from her eyes.

It was horrifying.

And before the monolith were four beings- only one of them did she recognize. Dark marks, one she could easily read were burned into their skin. Lines like those of a marionette rose from them, the fire disappearing as it reached the ceiling. Behind them was a woman-

No.

Saandra sat there, a broad grin stark against her face. Erynn could see that sickly color deep in the woman's chest, anger filling her heart as she saw the remorseless pain she was putting Light through. Her bow quickly came to her palm, the arrow in her hand before she could stop herself. Orange light flared into being from her left side, a sick laugh leaving her mouth. For whatever reason, this made the fiery woman take pause before letting a scowl marr her face. "Well if it isn't the failed pet. You know, I thought that when I put my eye into this Celestial that I'd never see your imperfect form again. Nothing but failures came from you, your sickening disappointment of an Amalgam. Though, it's a pleasure to see you again Negene. Are you back in work with my league? Is that why I find you here? Or are you being forced to work?" She couldn't stop the words from coming out of her mouth, body progressing closer without her command. The marble steps below her feet echoed with the sounds of her boots against them. "Ahh.. Cedric. We tried to get you for so, so long. But then we gave up, and found a better way to go about it. Your lover, of course. Though, admittedly, I never thought I'd see a Golem again in my life. I even took your heart out to make Saandra- yet you kept ticking. No matter how many times I attempted to marr your being out of existence, you withstood everything we put you through. Yet, you're weak to her call? What a shame." Turning her head away, she gave Daemian a look of utter fear. These weren't her words, they weren't her call.

"They're under her Mark.. I can't.. I can'-t believe this. You didn't even wait for the rest of Them to come so that you wouldn't fail, as you are now Saandra. This is the last time I stand for you living- I thought a few decades in the Core would change you for the better. It would seem I was wrong."

Orange light came to her call, the arrow releasing from her bow and towards Saandra's face before turning into ash, spare the arrow head. It grazed the Phoenix's cheek, the blood sizzling from the heat she gave off.

Anger, hatred, love, and war. All emotions mixed as the three before Erynn launched into motion.
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 11:37

Delight filled Saandra as the trap caught her prey. Her eyes lit brighter, excitement deep within the folds of her body. There- The door crumbled as it should when a Sharded touched it. Dust swept away from the amount of heat she gave off, the thermal air seeking release as such. The Phoenix held her breath, excitement causing her to lean forward on her false throne. God, she just couldn't wait to burn those feathers away, to take the heart of her and shove it into the obelisk-

The Seraph stood before her, eyes wide with wonder. Her left eye- Dominus's left eye -widened even further, before his words left her mouth.

How dare he.

Saandra had done all of this, all of the chaos and pain for him. For her father to finally accept that she was beyond perfect, the only Amalgam he should have ever needed. Baring her teeth, her hand rose forward, the arrow released from Erynn's bow turning to ash- or so she thought. A slight gasp came as her cheek was grazed by the metal, before fury coursed through her veins. Mentally she pushed Cedric, Isaac, and Negene forward. "Fine! Don't fucking beg for mercy as I turn your perfect little body into fucking ASH!" The false shard turned her fire into an emerald blaze, the flames leaping forward as she shot herself towards the Seraph before widening her eyes and diving to the side. Three others were behind her, one being a lithomancer. She had almost fallen for their trap, and that made the Phoenix even MORE angry.

She sensed the other shard.

"Cedric, I would love it if you went over there and ripped that fucking shard out of your lover's heart. Izzy, you sweet sweet boy, do me a favor and rid us of that Lithomancer. Negene... Make yourself useful, for once. Get rid of the Necromancer." As she commanded, each angled themselves towards their newly ordered targets, adjusting to the powers mentioned.

Saandra couldn't stop the grin that lit up her face, the laugh escaping her as she threw fire down towards the Seraphym. "I can't wait until you see what's in store for you!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet
Name:: Cedric Vael
Alternate Accounts: Syrein

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 14:12

Cedric's skin burned. He couldn't tell the young woman to run, to get as far away from where he was as she possibly could. He could feel the shard embedded in his heart yearning to shove her away. Dark is with her. Dear gods, if he falls into this trap... The woman's mismatched eyes widened, before.. It looked like daylight burned through half of her body, the orange eye widening as a maddened grin broke over her face.

That voice.

Swallowing the memories, he fought against the runes on his body, struggling to get away from Saandra's grasp. Lightning itself was trying to aide him, but whatever Saandra did this time the being couldn't break through it. Sighing, he ignored Saandra's childish attitudes, missing the feigned image of maturity she once held long ago. The bitch's lipstick was still on his neck, making him yearn to claw that skin away from his body, it having been tainted.

The first regards of combat were exchanged between the two women, surprise running like fire through the Paradigm's veins as he struggled forward at her command. Until she told him what to do.

He yearned to scream, to warn Vyllaea, just as his body leaped into the air, twisting through the jump like a ballet dancer to flash into life- lightning crashing against him as his body shifted, changing into that of the great bird he shared the form with. His voice came out in a harsh shriek, talons flaring open as he angled down into a dive- right towards Vyllaea's open eyes.

NO.

For a moment, a sweet blissful moment, the red images burned into his flesh flared cyan, his wings carrying him up and over the woman he loved. His talons gouged into the wood of the cavernous building, beak letting out another shriek as he struggled to get free- to carry them away before the danger could further present itself.

The fire came back, his agony twisting the cry as he fell, the flames blazing further into his skin. His hands quickly came into being, pushing himself up as his half formed wings flared open. He felt his left hand toss away the Northern Star, Origin flaring to life as his face twisted into anger, his cry coming out in a hate-filled yell.

Lightning gathered around him, before he rushed towards Vyllaea once more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starswithinourreach.forumotion.com
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 16:29

As soon as the door broke, all Vyllaea could feel from Water was horror. Upon seeing Light with the sickening green cracks through her, Water released a heart wrenching scream, her sound only being heard by Vyllaea. Her voice, normally so calm, so gently, grieved, her tone sounding almost like broken glass shattering across her. Water was distraught, her gentleness that both of them had almost seemed to have gone as tears fell down Vyllaea's scar damaged eye.

Her heart stopped for a few moments, her eyes cast across the space between them. Cedric..? Negene? ... The third one must have been Isaac, but why were none of them moving? Vyllaea's silent reassurances barely got though to her Water when her eyes snapped back upwards, eyes narrowing into a dangerous glare, her eyes looking straight into that being. Burning that image of that fucking thing that was casually smirking on that throne.

Fucking.

Bitch.

That was Saandra? Goodness, Vyllaea twisted at her name, knowing that Roshan probably was mimicking the same hatred. It was only thanks to Water that she kept that Leviathan under control, the beast more worried with the distraught shard than Vyllaea's anger. But the short verbal conflict didn't last long before Erynn leaped into the air- but that's the same time Vyllaea saw them move. Cedric form twisted, those great black wings dipped in cyan. The gentle features of him, the being that suddenly... Dived towards her? Realising the danger far too late, Vyllaea's form began to duck as she dove to the right. She was aware of other things moving around her, her eyes were locked onto Cedric. Still, those vicious claws would have snatched her up- that was until the surge of cyan burst from those red marks among his black feathers.

They barely missed her, claws digging into the pillar where her head once was. Her face paled, heart hammering in her chest.
He was going to kill her.

Vyllaea was already on her feet by the time the squawking bird hit the ground, scrambling forward as she ran, her heart screaming as she ignored the pain filled cries. She glanced over her shoulder when the path forward was clear, her eyes locking on Ce- oh shit. He'd already discarded his talisman, that same thing which obliterated that Salamander long ago showing its face again. Shit.

At a distance that she called safe, her hand flicked out, the waters she called to answering her command. They twisted, creating a hardened ice lance, shorter to match her human form. At his rushing form she brought it forward in her grip-

"CEDRIC, STOP!"

I can't...

Vyllaea released the ice as she changed it. The ice melted. How could she hurt him? Tears fell from her eyes as her powers forced it to create an orb which shot forward into the direct path of Cedric. Within the shot there enough density and momentum in the water to knock Cedric down. Or at least off course to buy her time.

My love, please stop...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 16:44

Isaac's body wasn't rushing.

Isaac didn't struggle.

He didn't stop.

He couldn't.

Instead, the Golem prowled forward, head low to the ground as his razor sharp claws dug into the marble beneath them. Steel shone in the light of Cedric's anger, the starlight Erynn's wings gave off, the emerald fire that Saandra was using, and finally.. The man before him. The path behind him was obvious, the gouges in the flooring trailing his path like it had outside. Like she had meant for it to.

Raising his head, Isaac bared his teeth. Drool dripped down, mercury in form. Mentally, he was screaming at himself to stop- the normally blue light produced from his scars and marks tainted into crimson. His chest inhaled a deep breath of air, before releasing it in an ear-piercing shriek. The metallic sound ground against him, his body launching into motion towards Roshan- his fingers outstretched towards the sensitive bones that made his wings.

No.

Landing before him instead, he backhanded the Angel across the room and into the wall, Snarls ripping out of his chest. If Roshan hadn't moved just in time, there would've been fractured rips. Thank god the Angel was well trained, Izzy's center of gravity being slightly warped before he felt the steel of the lined floors beneath him come to his aid. The metal twisted in the air, aiming straight for his partner's wrists, an attempt to cage the winged being being made.

Snarling, he curled to the ground, fighting against the strings that Saandra had pulled around him. His nails dug into his biceps, causing the metal lines to freeze just before coming near the man that he loved. Bringing his lantern-like eyes up to match Roshan's gaze, a whimper left him. His blood showed in the form of a rust red, shoulders hunching over his weakened form.

"Fucking RUN ROSHAN."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 17:53

Roshan was halfway through imagining just fucking how he was going to rip that bitches face off when he noticed him. The gorgeous blue marks, twisted and corrupted with red streaks. His face, malformed, the worst he'd ever seen with Isaac.

Oh dear Light, what has she done to you...

The moment Erynn left from the front of the group, Roshan glanced across to Vyllaea. He could see her face, twisted partially in an agony the two shared. But dear Light, her eyes, they twisted in agony, the shards pain screaming through her as well. Erynn's blazing wings, Cedric's crackling lightning, Saandra's own flames, each source created Roshan's weapons. That fucking bitch. She was going to die, today. Tomorrow. Fucking hell the Angel didn't care.

She was a dead woman walking.

Suddenly, with a howl of metal, Roshan's attention went straight to Isaac. "DON'T YOU DARE!" Roshan roared, his wings flaring to life as his feet kicked him from the ground. Isaac's arm crashed into his abdomen, avoiding the ribs, but also sending him back down into the ground. A howl of pain tore from his lips, the wings hitting the ground more firmly than he would have liked, but he ignored it. Fuck it. His partner was trying to murder him. Roshan used the momentum to push himself to his feet again, snarling when those metal bands raced for his wrists.

Wings flared to life at Isaac's cry, his plea for him to get out. He refused to let those burning eyes see the tears that built in his own, both from pain and anger. From heartbreak.

With a mighty beat, Roshan leaped high over Isaac's head, away from that damned metal that wanted to trap him. His gloves were already on, his being drawing upon those sources of light around him. "Isaac, snap out of it." Roshan ordered firmly, the growl incredibly deep. The kind voice dashing from his lips as he hovered in the air over Isaac by at least two dozen feet. His hand glowed, the light rapidly being absorbed, condensed, trapped where no one could steal that light without fighting Roshan for it.

He didn't want to use what he knew damaged Isaac, but he'd be damned if Roshan LET Isaac kill him, especially so soon after Daemian made his body again. But he'd be damned if he would strike Isaac without giving him a chance to fucking back down. What the hell do I do, I can't fucking hurt him... But I can't let him kill me- FUCK! And judging by Vyllaea's shout, she's not having much fucking luck either.

Roshan's eyes never left Isaac, but he kept them open to his surroundings as well. He fucking hated it when Daemian was right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 18:02

Negene's lips flatlined.

She had hurt Lyralai sending the Siren out to do her bidding soon thereafter. He didn't have time for this, didn't have time to be her puppet.

Letting the other two stride ahead, Neggy slowly took his fist out of his mouth, hands adjusting his jacket before sliding into his jean pockets. His boots carried him to rest in front of the Necromancer, a smirk resting on his mouth as his head tilted to the side. "Well goddamn. The Yin has a Yang. Congratufuckinglations Roshan, looks like you got a two-fer. I, however, don't have time for this. She hurt someone I'm quite attached to, and you're in my way. I'm going to need you to move."

His voice dropped all pretenses, stomach growling from the emotional distress roiling in the room. Black took over his sclera, emerald irises glowing with the need to touch Vyllaea, to grab Roshan by the face and drain them. "You know.. You'd think that the most unhinged person in here would be Vy, or Rosh. Fighting their lovers. But, in reality, it's that Seraph. God, I can feel the emotions of a shard boiling in her, along with a fucking maniac. Do you know how hungry that makes me?" The Siren licked his lips, body flickering between the shadows before landing in Dae's.

"But I'll have to get her attention away from Saandra. Fuck, I'd love to just leave her there to do her thing, get killed or kill. I could care less. Sure, Everyone else aside from you and the cupcake in the air are friends. But damned if I don't have more important things to worry about. God, you seem so fucking bland. Is all you have worry for her? For Roshan? Eugh. I guess an appetizer is an appetizer.

His hand reached out towards the exposed ankle presented to him, contact just an inch away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 18:20

The moment Erynn left where she should, Daemian raised an eyebrow. Something really did seem to piss her off and the Necromancer made a note to go and talk with her about whatever that was later. She'd probably need it...

Two beings, the middle and to the right, the metallic and the... Bird? What? They left the instant Saandra began to move. However, their eyes didn't lock on Daemian and the former Angel sighed, readjusting his wings slightly from the jacket that was over them. Stupid thing. He'd need to get those holes adjusted. Then that last person decided to open his mouth. And he rambled, his maw not shutting up for three darn seconds. Daemian groaned. "Oh great, they left me with the talkalot. And no, not all of us are friends. Some, acquaintances. Hell, I don't even know why the heck I'm actually here for once. Probably to help out or something. Well, I was just gonna be stand outta the way, but see- OI!

Daemian caught the movement of the hand and he growled. Wings already at the ready, they beat down hard, avoiding that darn contact. His ascent was partially quicker than Roshan's due to how his wings were built. Curious, his other eye snapped open. "That. Was rude. But, huh, I'll be damned as you are a little bit of a shadow jumper. Really, before you touch someone, at least take them out for a damn drink. Hmm, ya know, if you didn't want your own friend to, well, ya know, get hurt... You could always just, well I don't fucking know, go and bitch slap Saandra yourself instead of doing her dirty work after all." Daemian growled, his eyes narrowing as he tried to separate that mans soul from the shadows he hid in.

But it was so damn hard to do that, the two blended in so bloody well.

"Judging by how much you yabber on, I can really see why you had your first in your mouth, after all, silence is golden."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 18:37

Erynn's anger came through her screams, the bow in her hand growing in size- no longer a shortbow. The recurve bow in her grip was drawn back, cobalt blue matching her right eye empowering the arrow notched.

"I'm fucking sick and fucking tired of the people I love being ripped away from me! You are NOT going to have Daemian, you fucking whorish bitch. Roshan is his brother, Vyllaea his sister. Be damned if I let you fucking ruin what they have now!" Her face had distorted into that of a snarl before the light in her bow grew in stature. One charge, so far.

All around her, violet portals opened like tears in the sky. "In the name of Light, I'm going to turn you into a Godsdamned PINCUSHION!" From among them, arrows bolted forward. A total of thirty were volleyed out towards the Phoenix, the Seraph's scream reaching an agonizing pitch. Beside her, Dark threw his hand forward, dipping every other arrow into pitch black nothing. She could feel his anger, his betrayed feelings matching what had happened to light.

There was no justice in this.

The bitch was supposed to have been entombed in that monolith, along with every criminal that Light had ever judged. They were brought back to where they came from, to be loved once more by the goddess's care, their hearts assuaged from the earthly pain that tainted them. Erynn's eyes could see the twisted soul of the being before her, even if only partially. Daemian was much better with the Sight, the way his eyes worked. Saandra's heart was long dead, beating only in a mimicry of what once was. She could see the pale blue of Isaac's body in it, along with that same sick color that Light had been corrupted with.

Understanding flared through her, even as Saandra's emerald flames burned through most of her arrows, the others lodging into her body. Four had stayed, her screams echoing the marks. Fire suddenly blazed to Erynn, realization that she should never have stayed still coming to the forefront of her mind. Her two smallest wings went down, curling against her as the feathers scorched easily. Agony washed through her, the cry of pain erupting from her chest before she could stop it. Dark put the flames out swiftly, but not before the damage was done.

She could feel her mind beginning to corrupt, beginning to darken further. Orange light flared into being, the sickened vines burning away as Dominus's being seared the sickened marks away. "I fucking think not. This body will not bend so swiftly to your strings, you excuse for an Amalgam!" Her hands went back to her bow, keeping the arrow drawn this time. The smirk on Erynn's face deepened as she shook her head, hair beginning to rise from the static generated from her arrow.

"I'll fucking murder you for even trying."
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 18:46

Saandra was beginning to panic. Her plans were falling apart, crumbling before her once more. Erynn's arrows fired down on her, her flames only taking out the ones not encompassed in starlight, her body not moving fast enough to avoid them all. Anger distorted her features, the marks on her puppets turning a bright green. She couldn't take a genuine shard, not at the rate she was going.

"NEGENE! TAKE CARE OF THIS FUCKING BITCH, RIGHT NOW!"

Her arms pointed towards the shadow of her brother, the green lines being yanked as her fingers danced, pulling the shadow away from where he rested in the black Angel's shade. The bastard was resisting, whining about the unfairness before she gave one last tug. His form leaped between shadows, before resting in the darkness that was the Seraph's wings.

"I've got you now, you fucking cunt.. How do you like me, daddy?" Saandra's eyes widened, her mouth twisting into a grin as a manic laugh left her lips. Negene's hands were around Erynn's face, the fingers trailing just under and over her throat. The blonde's head rocked back, surprise in that disgustingly blue eye. The Orange one- Dominus's -merely closed, that half of her body blazing even brighter.

Anger that he would ignore her yet again coursed through her veins as the flames grew in intensity around the others, their screams of agony bringing her cheer once again. Trailing her fingers through the air, she smirked as her brother's face went blank. He was feeding off of whatever the Seraph was feeling, and enjoying it. Just like the leech always did.

Cedric's form was knocked aside by the water, rolling with the momentum before her fingers forced him to call lightning into his hands. "Oh you poor poor little bird. I'm going to wait until she finally kills you, until she has it to where you can hold her before snuffing out your disgusting excuse for existence. And you, Isaac, I'm going to love watching your lover burn your body into ash. I've always fucking been disgusted by you, I can't believe that they considered you anything remotely similar to a success."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 19:48

Saandra's orders were all but torn from desperation from her lips. Something that the Necromancer had never heard of before. Foolishly, Daemian turned away slightly to face the witch, trying to figure out what she had said. The damage to her was partially obvious from that distance, but that was when he realised, with a crippling horror, that she was staring at her. Those vital seconds of concern were what would be his downfall.

Before Daemian could grasp the weird shadow hopper from beneath his feet, the beast was already gone. His own cry of warning would warn her too late. "ERYNN!"

The cry tore free from his lips, anguish sewn into his voice. The way that fucking creep latched onto her, drinking her. Fuck- how was he meant to tear Negene free from his hold?! It wasn't as if Daemian was able to just knock him off, if it'd been that simple, he would have already figured it out. He was somewhat smarter than people gave him credit for but, currently, his mind raced. He was frozen in both terror and confusion, concern and worry. Daemian didn't know what to do!

That was when heard the strange voice from Vyllaea cry out, his eyes swapping to her instantly. Her gaze had flickered to Erynn, partially uncaring of the electricity that arced towards her. The Necromancer knew what he had to do. Water was with her, just like Dark was with Erynn. Surely two shards together would be able to break away that monster from eating Erynn away. However, the trick was getting Vyllaea free from her conflict with that Lightning man. If anyone could do anything about that, it was her. But ho- Roshan! He could bend the light, maybe he could just hold off for a little while and it wasn't as if those two fighting the ones they loved was helping. Snarling, those damn eyes spread across his face as he embraced the powers, the scars bursting with that vile ooze. Uncaring of the scarf that fell free from his face as he dove, his feet planted the ground in front of Isaac. A deep scowl remained on his face, his powers unleashing on the darn metallic being before him.

"Stand still."

The invisible wisps of red and black would try to latch around the bones that made up the monster, his stance firm with his palm stretched towards him, signalling for Isaac to stop. The beast that he saw now was no different from the one which he had met just the other day. Outside of the red marks through his bones... Before his brother could raise his voice to question his motives, Daemian's voice sounded. Twisted, harsh, like it was being thrown through a blender and spat back out. The sign of the battle that Daemian was struggling with. "Roshan. You can't fight him. It'll kill you. Help Erynn. Get Water. To Dark. Or you WILL die. Do it!

Now!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 19:59

Isaac's body froze, yet again his will slipped out from under him like a rug in a magic show. Screaming, he struggled against the burning of his bones, the voice clawing its way deep into his mind to command him.The bastard in front of him hadn't earned his trust, declaring what he was to the world like a fucking psychopath.

Beginning to tremble, Isaac pressed against his will, the wall spiritually put before him like that of an army's tactical defense. A crack, any crack was all that the Golem would need to slip through, his fingers reaching out as if in slow motion towards Daemian's throat. The Angel's eyes were drawing him in, the red slits beginning to swirl around his vision like a vortex. With a cry, he tried to close his eyes, tried to draw his being elsewhere, anywhere away from the crimson background he now knew.

Just like that, his body stopped. All motion, breathing, blinking, trembling. Gone.

Standing like a statue, the Golem's maw dripped mercury against the floor with sharp pings, the liquid metal the only movement from him as he stood with his claws outreaching towards Daemian's palm. His marks no longer blazed, but died down into a low simmer. The emerald light that once held him left, sounding like a propane furnace turning out when the magic from the gears left the machinery.

The blazing lanterns no longer gleamed amber, but a deep pitch black with two slits of burgundy. Isaac's control had slipped away from Saandra, into Daemian's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 20:25

Isaac...

Fuck!

The Angel's wings threw him further away, glaring daggers at the man who ordered him to just back away. The two he could see were locked, Daemian's power fighting over Saandra for control. His face, dear Light his FACE, was covered in that black vile ooze, the signals that he'd given into that power that his eyes granted him. Daemian was completely lost in a mist of concentration, his brow furrowing deeply.

Roshan tore his gaze away, the intensity of the powers over Isaac making him queasy. One slip and Daemian would lose his life to Isaac, the Golem's strength quite easily enough to snap his neck...

Focusing, Roshan turned his attention elsewhere. Vyllaea was stumbling backwards, her voice and face all but begging Cedric to stop. But the maker of lightning wouldn't stop coming forward. Roshan's wings curled, the light flaring in his hand as he drew upon it again. He was going to need everything he had to go against this man. The veins within him flared, his body only just starting to absorb the light through his hand. Between Vyllaea and Cedric, Roshan's fist slammed into the ground.

Light erupted from the impact, hopefully to blind both of them temporarily. "Cedric's my fight, Vy, you have to help Erynn."

The hand on his back made him realise, rather suddenly, that getting her to leave from Cedric's side was going to be near impossible.

"You'll kill him, you're going to kill him, Roshan! Just like you did those weeks ago!" The voice was desperate, wanting to scare him, frighten him into backing down. But something sounded off. The hand was released from his back, the light fading. "Be gentle, child of Light. Don't damage either of them too much." Was the voice that spoke, before the footsteps leading away from Roshan could be heard.

Roshan smiled grimly at Cedric from his bent down position. If the man would try to pass him to get back to Vyllaea, Roshan would stop him him. Every single time with either his own body or the light which danced across his hands. "Sorry, Cedric, but I can't let you through. Eyes on me, boy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 20:41

Cedric's eyes ached with the sudden burst of light hands immediately drawing on the heat to create energy- the lightning flowing into his eyes as he lowered his elbows. Roshan crouched before him, Vyllaea's hand on his back for only a split second before she let go- walking away. It was for the best that he stood, his wings stretching out as he cracked his back by pulling his shoulders backwards. His tendons popped, building as his muscles flexed to life once more. The woman he loved was no longer a factor in this battle. Rather, the bastard before him...

The Paradigm took a couple of strides around Roshan- completely putting his back to the battle that progressed in the background. God, he had waited for this chance for so god damned long. His muscles ached with the need to put this fucker in his place, the burns on Vyllaea's abdomen searing themselves in his mind's eye with emerald light. The Cyan hue of his energy started to darken, twisting into a sick green hue.

"I still haven't forgiven you for what you've done. I don't care that you hate me. I don't care that you're a Celestial. God, I don't even fucking care that you tried to attack me."

Saandra's tendrils rose over his chest, coalescing over his scarred chest. The Traveler's Marks that drew themselves up and over his pectoral muscles burned into that same tainted cyan hue- his lips curling as he held out his hands. "You hurt her." Pulling back his head he felt his body finally give in to the anger he had held so long. "You, the man that I trusted to retrieve her from that which had taken her from my grasp. The one who claimed to have been her brother. The one who not only carried her home, but my weakened body as well." He strode forward, bare feet easily making way over the shattered floor. Anger, fury, hatred rose through his chest, the green marks growing brighter as his face contorted into a snarl. "I'm done. Holding. Back." His wings flared to life, matching Roshan's inch for inch. The Paradigm leaned forward, insanity touching the vestiges of his eyes as he grinned at his newfound opponent.

Leaping forward, Cedric brought his hands up, aimed in a punch towards the Angel's kidney before his foot came up with a twist, the body curving into a knee strike into the bastard's temple. "SHE TRUSTED YOU." The words came out in a shriek, his emotions going into the two strikes. Lightning crashed over them, the Origin flaring into life as his anger was churned into fuel, along with the light that Roshan had graciously poured into being. His shard flared into life, matching his warcry as his body went into motion.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 20:54

That was one of the hardest things that Water had to do.

She left Lightning himself in the hands of a child of Light, to help one who was much more important than she would admit to anyone else. Vyllaea's body moved without her say so, turning away from Cedric and Roshan. Her hand left them, the waters rapidly building as she ran. Her eyes locked onto Negene's form clinging to Erynn.

He's feeding, break him away!

Water twisted her own element beneath Vyllaea's hands, compounding and increasing the substance with every step that she took. Two orbs, one in both hands, Water cast forward towards the three in the sky. She added her own layer of waters to the outside, a tough layer to prevent things from breaking through so easily. The first that left her hand aimed directly at Saandra's face, however, upon reaching just a small distance away unless broken beforehand, the water coating would shatter to release the wave within the orb.

The second it erupted, Vyllaea's hand threw forward the other orb, aiming directly for Negene. Her mouth was twisted into a snarl, anger from all three beings in that one damn body contorting the features. "Release them, you vile Amalgams!" Vyllaea's voice roared, Water's energy having gone into the two strikes.

The best she could do was try and distract them.

Until the words shrieked from Cedric's mouth.

That was when Water and Vyllaea realised their horrible mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 21:23

Negene's eyes closed in bliss as he wrapped his hands around Erynn. The dark voice whispering in the back of his mind to do what it said went almost entirely silent the moment his skin made contact with hers, the light gasp escaping her lips making his body dip into a deep, inky blackness.

The raw emotion she was feeling, it was amazing, uncontrolled in how she existed. The mental ground was laid, his soul gently brushing against hers. His mind crept in, finally seeing how she saw herself.

Erynn was curled on the floor, stars bleeding out of her wrists from scars that lined her veins. The sarlight of her wings was gone, replaced by a deep and barren nothing. Both of her eyes were blue, and tears flowed from them as he observed her. Skin, stretched over her six wings, if you could call the stripped limbs such.

She looked mummified in a way.

The Siren swallowed, the emotional turmoil more food than he'd had since Saandra had hurt Lyralai. His mind was free, opposite of his body. "You uh... You alright there?" The question seemed to startle her, those blue eyes meeting his for the first time. Alarm caused the ground beneath him to crumble, the mental area no longer stable. Dark tendrils held him aloft, the stars holding his ground.

Words were almost spoken, almost exchanged between the three before fire blazed against him, a gasp escaping his lips as the contact was broken. His body recoiled, releasing Erynn's skin before falling to the ground. It fucking hurt damn it all. Picking himself up, he wiped the blood from the corners of his mouth. "Glad to know that my piece of the past is gone, Vy. What's wrong, don't remember searching for little lover boy here? Dragging through the portals, almost losing yourself in the process? God, it's like you forgot who I am..." The green tinge that had covered his skin was gone, the contact with Dark having erased the marks along his body.

Swallowing, he looked up at Erynn. "I don't.. Think she's in the right mind for this kind of struggle, guys."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 22:04

Cedric's voice cracked like a whip, accusing him. Anger billowing forth from him. The lightning crackled through the very air itself. The light he had in his hands seemed to fuel the madness dancing through his eyes. The cyan eye twisted, gleaming with the fury that it held underneath. His voice was accusing, his tone rising with every second that he spoke. Every second that he stepped forward, the broken ground sparking away form him. Holy shit, what had Roshan done in freeing Vyllaea from this?

Suddenly, his form came forward, on him like a hawk.

Oh dear Light what the fuck was I thinking!

A howl of agony sounded, a tone which was laced with misery, anger and anguish.

Roshan hand rose, about to crack forces with Cedric- when something tore him from behind, flinging him across the broken ground and away from the two strikes. The fist was easily dodged, but the boot was still going for him. Instead of striking flesh, a deep blue plated arm came up, cracking against the man's leg. The strike caused her to grunt, faint waters wrapping around the injury instantly to begin healing. The rest billowed in rage around the being, alike to the lightning around Cedric, waiting to obey her every move. A state of madness and complete calm over her scaled face, the waters billowing around her.

"Please, Lightning... don't harm... my ch- MY brother, Cedric VAEL! HE WAS THERE FOR ME WHEN YOU LEFT ME! When you turned and left with nothing more than the touch of my face. You don't deserve to shed his blood!"

For the first time, the Angel was scared of his sister, tearing himself away from her. The half form stood proud, but acted instantly after screaming at her lover. She was covered in blue plating, layers covering her arms, climbed up her neck and parts of her face. Her fingernails twisted into vicious claws, sharp, built for gouging flesh from bone. A beast.

A true monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Mon Jun 12 2017, 22:20

Words stung like a whip from Negene's lips. Of course he took it the wrong way... The scales across Vyllaea's skin twisted, her core shredded into sadness. "Negene... I wasn't directing that at you, I... I swear I..." The green hue from his skin slowly faded, but the words he spoke. They were laced with anger and a cold halfheartedness as Vyllaea's soul twisted further. She'd lost her only friend. First Ced, now Negene. Her brother... Tears stung in her eyes. She wasn't directing those harsh words at him... Fuck... No... Her mind froze, blind regret coming through her. No...

Roshan...

Cedric...

Negene...

They were all in pain, all because of her.

... My beloved child...

All because she stuffed up.

My child, calm down.

All because she...

She existed.

Vyllaea, I have said enough!

NO!

Her anger flared as the Leviathan rose inside her soul as it's voice, for the first time, was heard. It's voice was deep, far too deep for a female to ever speak naturally. Underlying the tone was an intense rage, an anger which could never be quenched. "Tell that to someone who cares, Negene."

Fucking, FUCK! Why was she such a monster, not only to everyone here, but to creation itself!? She'd hurt the one person who helped her through Necrotica. She had thrown her lover against her own brother. People that wanted to KILL EACH OTHER! Vance, the man who tortured her day in and day out, she'd left him alone in a pile of hatred and misery. Torn free of emotion. She fucking snapped.
Waters embrace surrounded her heart, gently pushing forth a feeling of calmness over her. But Vyllaea didn't buckle one inch. Not this time.

Anger rose within her, the waters trembling as they withdrew back to her from where she had thrown them to Negene. They fucking trembled. Oh goodness they were afraid under her hands. She had tried so hard to fit in. She'd tried to be good. She tried to show that she cared. But what was it for? It always ended in turmoil. Always ended in her receiving the short end of the stick. Her life was born in torture, and thus, it would bloom into a horrible flower of misery, bringing down everything else around her. The Leviathan snapped. If that was what the world truly wanted from her... THEN FINE! They would see what she truly was!

Vyllaea's lips peeled back, her voice screaming in an anguish that not even Water herself was able to contain. Water billowed around her, the uncontrollable fury of her emotions finally breaking through the dam that held her back. Water panicked for a few moments, brushing out the two monsters to bring them into a union. Vyllaea embraced the darkness, her and the Leviathans mind warping. A connection... That held that perfect weight of sentience, calmness and utter fury. A connection only possible through Water holding the two minds together.

The scales formed alike to plates across every inch of her body aside from her face, which the scales appeared on her neck and partially on her cheeks. They twisted and hardened through her skin as her eyes jumped back to the screeching man. Her fingers pried apart slightly, long nails curving downwards, deadly sharp. In a few moments, thanks to the Leviathans strength which was temporarily given to her for those first initial moments, before Water could bring the muscles down into a state where it wouldn't tear her apart. In all but a few moments, the furious beast was upon Roshan and Cedric. Despite the lunged distance, her left arm lashed out, gripping Roshan's shirt and tearing him away. Her right arm came around, cracking against Cedric's leg to catch it and prevent it from slamming into Roshan.

"Please, Lightning... don't harm... my ch- MY brother, Cedric VAEL! HE WAS THERE FOR ME WHEN YOU LEFT ME! When you turned and left with nothing more than the touch of my face. You don't deserve to shed his blood!" Vyllaea all but roared at her lovers face, Water's voice mixing with her own as she both tried to manage the hold a half-state as well as beg mercy for her Vyllaea. Her child was NOT thinking straight, and Water's voice was almost all but deaf to her, the Shard flowing waters to heal the damage done to her arm from blocking the movement.

It might increase and boost a few things, including strength and resistances, but her anger was directed completely at herself and Cedric. At those damn sickly green markings. At how they both had torn each others heart apart time and time again. Fate had toyed enough with them long enough. Even though Vyllaea loved him... There was no way she'd let this go unspoken anymore. The toying. Saandra's curse. Those red smirking lips. No. Vyllaea wasn't able to hold back anymore. The Leviathan proved as much. She had to make sure that he knew exactly how she felt. Vyllaea couldn't do this game of feinting touches anymore. She had to make sure that his anger was directed at no one other than herself. It was her fault. Her fault he ached. That everyone ached. She was the one at fault, SHE was the true monster! Not Cedric! Her EXISTENCE was the fucking mistake that caused this entire issue.

So he had to take it out on her. He had to fucking UNDERSTAND what emotions raged through her, and she had to come to terms with it.

Steeling her heart in the same instant, the tears falling down her cheeks, she acted. While his leg was still on her scaled arm, she twisted her hand, aiming to grab Cedric's leg to drag him forward while he was off balance. At the same time, she released her opposite hand to sock him across the jaw when he got close. At the collision she'd release him, calling the waters from afar to her, the waters she previously made being drawn to her. She'd need all the extra help she could muster to get him to understand and divert his attention away from her brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Tue Jun 13 2017, 08:38

Cedric's eyes flashed, his feet pushing him backward as fast as his element. Her grab missed, but his strikes were aimed immediately after. Anger flushed his system, hair beginning to stand on end. "You think... I fucking.. WANTED to leave!?" His jacket ripped, the fabric unable to contain the discharge of energy he now had. Lightning roiled with his emotions, wanting to strike down the woman before them. His veins began to turn white, his right eye now a stark emerald in color.

"I fucking love you. And you can't even fucking love yourself. I didn't care, still don't, about your fucking 'monster'. I've murdered a child, all because I was too goddamned weak to fight this bitch's control AWAY!" Turning, Cedric flooded the wall beside them with a cascade of lightning, blowing it outwards. The sunlight that filtered in came back to him, hands drawing it towards him as he converted the energy once again into lightning before screaming, holding his head. God, it fucking HURT. Everything was agony.

Snapping his gaze up once more to Vyllaea, he couldn't stop it. His muscles screamed with the need to hurt her, to put her through what he had been through. The marred burns on his foot had spread to his ankle, blood dipping onto the floor before the moisture left it from the heat of his general area being amped up by the lightning.

The blue left his body.

Green replaced it.

Saandra's laugh echoed through the chamber as Cedric called down his spear, teeth baring in a snarl. "If it were my choice, I'd hold you until my body withered away. I'd ignore the rest of the world, and only give you my attention. But gods be damned, that just wasn't my end of the stick was it? No, rather, I'm impeded by the fact that your thick skull couldn't comprehend the fact that I am no longer under my own free will. I may have my mouth right now, but that's because that slime of a being believes my words will push you over the edge. She wants you to attack me, and wants me to attack you. Have you ever thought of WHY!?" He threw the spear at her, body leaping across the foyer to her right side, his body magnetized to what was left of the standing pillar.

"Because you and I are nothing more than a marionette show to her. I fought, so long. So hard. To fucking find you. You left me, avoided my fucking presence to find out what I had said about Maisen. Next thing I know, you come home with Negene- who might I fucking add helped me save your life, finding you when I couldn't. He and Roshan were the only things keeping me sane, his feeding off of my gods be damned agony..."

Tears flowed freely from his face, evaporating along their path.

"Then I got you back. I got you back, held you in my arms despite the burns. I was able to hold you, to cry over your body!" Another strike of lightning sent him to the pillar at her left- dodging whatever may come towards his current area. "You thought? HA! You think with nothing more than emotion. I'd fucking know, Vyllaea. No, rather, you felt like I abandoned you. I tried to fucking tell you what was wrong. I did. But this fucking.. These marks made me bite my tongue off. Lightning healed it back, of course. But you couldn't be assed to know that tiny little tidbit of information, could you. You couldn't stop, think, for a god. Damned. SECOND!" More lightning came towards her, the energy being converted easily. It was always easy when he was hurting. "I fucking LOVE you. And that's... I have been alive longer than your brother. I've been alive almost as long as Erynn. Yes, I fucking know her. God, don't look surprised. Lightning tells me when a Shard is taken."

Beside him, the energy coalesced into a bright white bird, one who sat on Cedric's shoulder before changing back into the ever bounding energy around him.

"Just fucking kill me. Let's get this over with. It's what the two of you want, isn't it?"

His body launched forward, the energy coalescing around his skin in a pseudo armor as his fists came down together onto Vyllaea.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Tue Jun 13 2017, 10:40

Seems as though no one is listening to me... How grand. Waters voice was less than pleased at that statement, her eyes and focus being drawn to Lightnings host, as well as her own. Just what the hang was she going to do with them...

Vyllaea didn't even flinch when he ripped himself away, the words built to lash out and scar slamming into her with a force she wasn't expecting. She backed off from him, her hand falling to her side as the injured scales knitted themselves once more. As the distance increased, she pooled her waters together from further away, drawing them all into her vortex. Okay that thick skilled comment was rude! Her head glanced around, trying to figure out what her brother was doing, why he wasn't stopping that damn light from getting to Cedric, but she wasn't able to even turn her head completely before movement flashed.

A growl tore free form her throat, falling to her knees as dropped and rolled towards the right form the spear, it sailing harmlessly past her. The added distance meant that she called forth more of those darn vapours around her, but damn, there was so little around.

Admittedly, she lost him for a few moments, only to realise that he was upon her. Her arms twisted, ice forming across their surface as she brought them up to in a crossed fashion to collide with Cedric, to block his momentum. The ice would morph into a layer between the two of them if his lightning was followed through and, thanks to the non conductive nature, she fucking prayed it wouldn't pass that it wouldn't pass through to her. She didn't let the scream leave her, Levithan refusing to show Cedric the agony it received from the blow. Dammit she needed not to do that again. Her hands suddenly flipped, the melting ice reforming across Cedrics wrists. She held him, the melting ice constantly being refrozen by her. She could have attacked him. Could have ripped his throat out. But instead, she spoke, Cedric close enough to hear and, for once, silent.

"You loved Saandra enough for her to get close to you to do this to you. And even now I can see her lips marks against your skin. The green flaring through your marks. It's the truth... I'll never want to kill you. But truly, if I've made your life... Such a misery... I am truly sorry. If you think I think through my emotions alone, then you would be right. As I had no one to guide me, until you came. You who taught me not to fear joy, not to hide from displaying kindness, to feel free to show everything I felt. Emotions locked away, orders and directions I was always given, forced to obey. But it seems you've forgotten I lived a life with no choice of my own. If I could choose, I'd change one. Fucking. Thing. I'd go back to Vance and let him cleanse my being of these cursed emotions..."

Vyllaea threw him backwards from where they stood, the ice still holding onto his wrists for a few more moments and she pressed on, she had to fucking finish. "But I'd be a fucking liar if I didn't admit you made the suffering we both had worth it. Even if I'm childish, pathetic and worth nothing more than to drag on your shoe, you fucking did. But I'll be damned as its not worth seeing you hurt so much. So fine... I'll end this- not for me, but you. To free you of this damned curse of yours- the only way I know how." The tears that fell from her eyes were quickly torn from her cheeks, adding to the storm of waters around her. She needed more.

The Leviathan gave her the strength, her right hand forming a series of shields of semi see through ice to follow her.

Her form turned, left hand outstretched as she called the waters to gather again, the storm raging around her, distorting instead into sheets of ice. She'd dodge his attacks to the best of her abilities, only using the shields as a last resort to deflect weak bolts from her. Larger strikes, well... She'd have to see how that fucking turned out between her skills with her water formation. But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stop those tears trailing down her cheeks.

He would die by her hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Tue Jun 13 2017, 19:44

Erynn's wings were burned, the flames sending her to the ground as she held herself. God, that fucking... Negene had seen her, seen how she saw herself. Memories, broken fragments. Swallowing the pain, she stared at the smallest of her limbs, lips drawn in a grimace.

The feathers were singed, the largest gone and eaten away. Green ivy-like tendrils worked their way up, following the veins to her bones. She could feel the corruption just like they could, but she couldn't bring herself to fight against it. Curling against herself, the Seraph wouldn't even bring tears to her eyes.

Mentally, she was back in that place.

Darkness hid her from herself, causing a slight moment of panic until he caressed her mind. Soft, gentle oblivion... God, she could almost taste the relief it would bring, the sweet embrace of nothing as she left this world for eternity. At least, until Darkness shook her mind awake. The image of Daemian those black tears cascading down his face shook her out of it. Snarling, she felt something else press into her mind. An answer. She let the answer take over, the fire burning away the green tendrils as both sides of her body blazed with that amber light.

"You always did like to pick on children, Saandra."
Her body rose into the air, wings unneeded. Orange fissures held her aloft, arrows firing down upon the child in a fashion to chase her up towards the monolith. Saandra's body did exactly what He wanted. Her flames were dancing, the only beautiful part about His creation truly.

Continuing to stride forward, Dominus let a smile come over his lips. "Did you think that I would let you twist my goal, child? Did you think that my puppets would fall to your reign for my death? Oh you sweet, sweet innocent toy." The arrows bounced off of invisible walls, ricocheting into Saandra's body. At this point in time, she was reminiscent of a pincushion to the point where Dominus couldn't help the chuckle that rang out like a dark bell toll.

"Time to lay waste to my first mistake, then."
Back to top Go down
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Tue Jun 13 2017, 19:48

Cedric's body leaped away from Vyllaea, more strikes of lightning aiming down to her ice shields, cracking with sheer force against them. Snarling, he threw his hands against the ground, trying to break away the manacles of ice she had formed. Nothing doing.

Gazing up at her, he felt more of his feathers beginning to slide over his body, hair flowing a deep black as he felt more and more of his bird form slide over him. More and more strikes of lightning flew from his hand, slamming into that damned shield of ice she made. He couldn't stop his fingers from dancing with energy, his arms from twisting and contorting to throw his energy at her in a flurry of anger.

"I never thought you were a burden. I showed you those emotions because you needed them. But you went above and beyond what I showed, letting them taint your core. You wouldn't calm even when I poured my heart out to you, when I bared my heart before you. Do you understand how hard it is to fight for the woman you love, when she won't even fucking look you in the eye?"

Lightning felt his pain, drawing upon it to match his tone and words. What they were saying, both beings felt it to their very core. Above them, dark clouds roiled into the building. Lips curving into a sneer, he shook his head. "Yet here we are. You're before me, both of you before both of us. Spurned feelings, spurned touches. Not even by either of our choices. Fight me. Let your emotions taint the energy you hold so righteously. Let your anger, your love, your hate, your hope, all of it come crashing against my very being. I swear to you I will not hold back, I will no longer avoid the monster in the room." His right hand came to his neck, the layer of protection he normally washed over his body leaving as he burned away the lipstick the bitch had left on his skin. "You don't even know my past. Never asked. Never pushed the boundaries of who I am, where I came from." His feet strode forward, crashing his energy against her ice to break it via force.

"I guess it's high time that you found out."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Tue Jun 13 2017, 20:18

The blackened feathers came across his body, but Vyllaea's ice held fast under his strikes. Angry tears wanted to form, roll down her cheeks to display what she felt. But no. Her powers snatched away the very things she wanted to hold back. Water's voice spoke, the words twisting what Cedric spoke, the voice so harsh against her.

"Who you are in your past doesn't change how I see you. It doesn't change that I love you with my heart, but it crushed me to see that my very touch HURT YOU!" Vyllaea's voice snapped back, her ice finally breaking beneath Cedric's hand. Instantly, she ripped it away from him, allowing it to return to the her barriers. The storm she could hear brewing outside chilled her- the sound normally so comforting.

Now fucking terrified her. But it didn't scare her. A sadness blossomed in Water, a soul crushing sadness which almost froze Vyllaea in her place.

"Who you were in the past never changes who you are. It's what you do in the future that matters- I've tried telling you that... But if you think showing that will prove anything, then I wish for you to show it now, my love... I'm so sorry." Her hand tightened by her side, neither of them wanted to this. But what choice did they have? Either way, one of them was going to die. Water's grip returned the control to Vyllaea. Instantly, her hand clasped around the water, a spiral of ice twisting into her own spear formed mere seconds before she threw it forward. A distraction.

Her feet carried her forward, the ice constantly moving with her as she closed the distance. Grief, fucking angry grief filled their souls as the others finally came within a safe striking range. Instantly, the ice shot forward. Shards, twelve in total, came down like a volley upon Cedric. After the initial strike was done, she would call them back or instruct them to follow him if he tried to leave- until they reached her zone of control. Then she'd call them back anyway.

Half of the floating ice was still with her, ready to defend herself from his lightning strikes. Her right hand was at the ready, the blue scales gleaming in the light, ready to retaliate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Tue Jun 13 2017, 20:41

Daemian's eyes narrowed, forcing free the last shred of rope tied around Isaac's body. Completely oblivious to what was happening around him, the Necromancer almost hung his head in relief, but his hand dropped as he walked over to the creation. His eyes swirled in the red and black, mimicking Daemian's own eyes. To the Necromancer, it was terrifying, but alas, it was something that happened with all of the things he controlled. Placing a hand carefully on Isaac's shoulder, a gentle smile appeared on his face.

"You have every reason to hate me. You have every reason not to trust me. But you... You brought my brother out of his own darkness. You took him from the depths of misery that I had left him in and you protected him to the best of your abilities. I have one order for you while you are under my protection." Goodness the concentration he needed to keep his grip over Isaac was immense, the black already dripping through his scarf.

"I need you to protect him once more. He loves you, so go! I know it's what your heart desires, so go. Don't kill me, but go! Do as you will." Daemian's voice grated against his teeth as his wings flew open once more, instantly turning down to give the Angel flight.  

The voice that came from Erynn almost slapped him in the face. The shouting match between the two Shards. Roshan was moving back away from the two Shards, but... Goodness, what the hell happened while he was out? Daemian's eyes followed the blazing souls as the shards fought, both twisted in their own versions of pain and neglect. Roshan's soul screamed with terror. Goodness. His head. Daemian rose his hand, pressing the palm into the middle of his forehead. Goodness stop. Please.

The migraine was almost overwhelming, crippling Daemian as he closed one of his eyes to blot out the sheer intensity of light coming from the two Shards.

But the other was what concerned him more. The orange flares from her, the fact her darn voice changed. Daemian's wings cracked, sending him forward towards her, the Seraphim having her back towards him. Arrows pierced the body, but Daemian hesitated. No. She hated it when she was like this... Right? Biting down the nerves he felt and, not knowing what else to do, he called out for her.

"Erynn, please... Think about what you're doing by letting that thing take over."

...If only you knew Erynn... If you knew that it feels like I've lost you when he's there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   

Back to top Go down

The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next