Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Imelda Tue Aug 01 2017, 07:29

» Call to Arms (Private)
by Ardent Mon Jul 31 2017, 22:29

» Skylar Agnar, Traveler of the Realms
by Skylar Mon Jul 31 2017, 03:46

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by Guest Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

» Tion, the Dragon of Wind
by Vyllaea Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:30

Top posting users this month
Daemian

Imelda

Skylar

Share | 

The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NPC

PostSubject: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Sun Jun 11 2017, 21:38

First topic message reminder :

The Core was silent.

More so than usual, at least.

Four beings existed near the great crystalline monolith, three standing while the fourth sat in a throne made of pure, amber flames. Her eyes matched the blazing light, the edges making slight crackles of sound as they met the air. Her lips, crimson in color, were turned upward in a smirk as she stared at the three before her. Blood red nails tapped against the flames, adding yet more noise despite no physical object to ring against.

The one directly in front of her was the one she was most bitter against. His pale skin and fair hair reflected the orange light, but his eye stood stark against it. Within their depths, she could see the most bitter emotions roiling like the sea beneath a storm. She couldn't control those, but she made him sit there with a smile. His teeth were almost pure white, which irritated her. She wanted to marr those fucking features further, to take more than just his left eye from him.

To Cedric's right, Isaac let out a low growl. Saandra rolled her eyes, hands gripping the throne to silence him. His metallic skin was even more hideous than she recalled, the bones pressing out like spines on a lizard. Sure, there was more than enough muscle to make a hunk out of him, but the way he looked when he Hunted just.. Disgusted her, truly. He couldn't close his maw all the way, and the way those eyes burned just creeped her out.

To Cedric's left, was a much much more interesting beast. She had gotten lucky in catching him, honestly. Sure, she had tried to enthrall him several years before, but... She still remembered searing the young woman who had taken him into purgatory, watching with laughter as her flames burnt the edges of the dark bat wings she hid from the world. God, it was so fucking easy to make her useless, crying and screaming in pain. Negene's eyes burned a deep emerald, his lips curling in a sneer. You're just upset you couldn't take Lyralai in a fair fight, you coward. I dare you to try sleeping, I know you haven't since you fucking took me you worthless piece of- The only way Saandra could force the Amalgam to shut the fuck up was to stuff his fist in his mouth. For whatever reason, she couldn't control his tongue. It really, really pissed her off. The three each had their own quirks, their own areas where her control faltered. Negene's was obvious, but she was truthfully unsure with the other two.

But she had to take the chances.

"Now that I finally have you here, I can confess something to you. You were not mistakes. Honestly, I'm touched that your bodies were so willing to come when I called. Especially yours, Cedric. I would've figured your sweet little Siren would have erased those marks when she kissed you- or has she not yet?"

The Paradigm's eyes burned brighter, hatred beneath that brow and hidden behind the Northern Star patch covering his left ocular organ.

"You are here, because I finally did it. I finally did what They deemed me to do, and have proven that I'm not a useless creation like two out of the three of you." Saandra's face split into a wide grin, her eyes blazing into a brighter stream of life. "You are here today to help me ensnare your allies. With you, Cedric, we will catch the Leviathan. The mark shall be returned to her body, and with my fire no less. I'll make sure to burn away every last inch of her, so you can't bear to look at her anymore. As for you, Isaac... Your lover, the Angel, is brother to one of the most important Necromancer's we've ever dealt with. Why? Because he just so happens to have a budding relationship with the oldest Hunt we have recorded to date. That's right, the Seraphym that just so happened to graciously reappear into Utopia nonetheless is the keeper of one of the most important Shards. The Shard of Darkness. And as for you, Negene. You're going to make sure that the marks we put on them can't be erased like last time. You're going to ensnare them with your touch, freeze them long enough to make them succumb to what They want."

Finishing her explanation, she brought her hands up- sending fire down the marks along their body. Nothing but a hiss of pain came from them, their muscles entirely under her control now.

A gleeful laugh came from her lips, her dress a bright silver to offset her tanned skin perfectly. God, she had been waiting for this day for so, damn, LONG. "As the Core is corrupt, now, we just need your three shards to help us make things interesting. Two shards of Death, one of Life. The perfect balancer to make everything so god damned interesting. Do you want to know what They'll do with you?" God, it was almost orgasmic to speak about this after the seven decades of being locked away.

Grinning, she set fire to their skin once more- inflicting pain but nothing permanent. She didn't want to destroy her little dolls right away, did she?

"They want to unite one of every shard. They want to do this, to make a new God. And you three are going to help me bring the puzzle together. That's just half of the answer, of course. It's no fun spoiling all of the surprises, now is it?"

The Phoenix's eyes met Cedric's her body standing quite happily before striding to him. Her hands went to his jacket, flicking the collar straight. Course muscle strained to reach out to her, to choke her. She knew what he was wanting, his intentions. Of course, she mocked them- letting him try all he wanted without release. Trailing kisses up his jawline, she felt herself grow warmer near her core, lavishing in the feel of his skin against hers once more.

Cedric's gaze was filled with disgust, his marks blazing into life as that shard of his attempted to help him fight her.

Throwing her head back, she ran her fingers through her auburn hair. It was obvious she was high with power, her false shard finally answering the questions as to how to control the man before her.

It was almost sexual, in a way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet
Name:: Cedric Vael
Alternate Accounts: Syrein

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 08:27

Cedric closed the distance, clawing his way through the shields of ice or otherwise launching over them. His feet carried him to three feet between, the lines of his marks calling down the sickly storm above them.

Rain fell within the building, outside, along the halls of the Utopian Core and the cities around.

Thunder rumbled in the distance.

"What future!? You spurned me, ran from me, spurred my movements to the point of being nothing in meaning! I tried, and I tried!" With the last sentence, Cedric's feet twisted twice in succession, aimed at Vyllaea's head. He knew that she'd block the strikes, but would be too preoccupied with such to stop the grasp he held upon her wrists afterward, the momentum locking to throw her back down onto the ground.

The marks around his wrists, on his hands, seared themselves away from the contact.
The Cyan replaced the sickly green where he held her, teeth bared as tears fell.

"You never even gave me a chance.."

Lifting her body up by her wrists, Cedric brought her abdomen down on her knee, feeling the crunch of plate and rib beneath the pivotal of his joint. He didn't go uninjured from such a move, the burns along his body steaming from the water cascading around him in the form of ice. Scratches, gouges, all of it showed up on him. They were stitching themselves together where they could, but he couldn't stop his next movements.

Flipping her around, he brought his elbow around her throat, locking his other arm to hold the limb in place. More steam coalesced from the wounds appearing from the contact of the pair, his face burying itself in her snowy hair. He tightened his grip, sobbing as the motions continued.

"I love you, so much... But I can't save you... All I can do is end your pain... Then I can end my own..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starswithinourreach.forumotion.com
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet
Name:: Erynn Rae
Alternate Accounts: Cedric, Negene, Jhonen, Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 08:40

Saandra was screaming. God, He always loved that sound when she made it. Dominus's hand rose, calling more volleys of arrows to rain down upon her as He paced in the sky. The Golem was released, His first success running to defend his partner. Not that he cared, of course. But it was always interesting to see how His creations behaved once given free will.

"I never thought you'd wind up being so weak, Saandra."

She was dancing below Him, that left eye in her skull beginning to flicker with the same Cyan hue as Cedric typically did. Hell, He remembered the day that she brought the prize to Him, a more permanent solution to control the Sharded. She begged Him to take it, to give her His left eye. Rather than that, He shoved the false organ into her own skull.

It was funny, listening to her horrified screams when she awoke from the anaesthesia to realize what He had done to her. It was a delicious memory, honestly.

Behind Him, another Celestial came to call. Turning His head slightly to watch, He noted that this one's body type was very fascinating. For someone with a lanky, yet muscular build.. The being's wingspan was shockingly large. Shaking his head, he flicked a hand out- the Cobalt arrow in his hand changing to a citrine light. He had tainted the Ydrai arrow that Erynn held so defensively, the charged shot prepped for the first of its only three firings in this type of situation.

"I'm afraid that Erynn is currently unable to come to your aid. I'm sure she'll wake up.. eventually."

Almost callously, He fired the arrow towards the ground beneath Saandra. The explosion was incredible, rocketing the ground to the point of implosive destruction after only two charges. The destruction was breathtaking, almost making Him want to see how much stronger it could truly get. The Phoenix showed her true form, the twisted image of the Firebird rising in an emerald flame. It looked like a melted wax sculpture set ablaze, truly.

It disgusted Him.

"For Light's sake you hideous Amalgam. Could you refrain from using such vulgar images before me? I find disgust in my soul when I merely glance upon you."
The reaction was immediate, her screams echoing throughout the large building as she flew towards Him. He released another volley, sending her away once more. Turning His head slightly, Dominus looked Daemian in the eyes. Both of his amber irises held humor in their depths. "Would you mind leaving me be for a moment? I have some business to attend to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://...
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 09:13

Vyllaea's howls of pain all but sang from her lips as Cedric's movements followed her through after locking her arms. He was faster than she had anticipated, but Water knew- he was the host to Lightning after all, and she crashed into the ground. Splinters and fragments tore through her skin, but nothing was more terrifying than his words. Moments later, her ribs cracked against his knee and, while she was still disorientated, he flipped her onto her back. His arm pressed into her neck, the rains releasing their stores over the two of them.

His words... They chilled her to the core, not at her dying. But of Cedric taking his own life. That wasn't how she wanted him to go. She choked, trying to beg him to stop, but the tears that fizzled out on his face proved that he wouldn't let go. Cedric would keep going until every last breath of life was ripped from him. She couldn't let him... She couldn't let him die. Not alone. Not under that witches control.  

And Water knew that, as soon as Vyllaea had thought those words, she couldn't let either of them take their own lives. Even though she half fought back against his crushing grip, the life literally being squeezed out of her, Water raised her left hand. Slowly it spread out, fingertips all but begging the waters to come to her.

Water answered that call. The pools of rainwater that had begun to form around them came rushing together, the ice that Vyllaea held over herself melted. The water came together rapidly, tearing away from where they rested as she called them together. Her own tears became lost in the storm of waters that came crushing down upon the two of them. Water's calling held every single drop of water to the pairs skins, constantly drawing more from around her, more that fell. It didn't take long for the volume of water to cover the two, encasing them in a bubble.

The Leviathans gills formed just below Cedric's grip, allowing Vyllaea to breathe, taking deep, shuddering breathes. Upon receiving that new life, Vyllaea brought her arms around and, with a strangled cry of pain, tore his arms from her neck.

"I can't let you kill yourself..." Her arms suddenly wrapped around him, squeezing his arms firmly to his body, trying to trap him in the sphere of water. She wouldn't let him move and, if he tried, she'd simply move the waters mass to follow him. "I... I'm so sorry, I truly am... But dying by your own hand... I can't let you..." Her grip tightened, her voice wheezing as she spoke, the cracked rib screaming in agony to hold him. Tears poured down her face, sobbing in misery as she held him.

"If we live again, my love... Find me again in the next life so we can try again."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 09:31

Cedric's breath was stolen from him. The marks burned in the water, searing into his flesh like fresh wounds from a brand, the water coming to Vyllaea's call faster than a lost dog. He struggled, the liquid seeping around him to steal away his oxygen. He struggled to get away from her, to get free from her.

She held fast.

He couldn't call the lightning down, he couldn't take a breath to concentrate. Panic froze his mind, his eyes widening in horror as he continued to fight for his life, for air that would never
come to his lips. Lightning was screaming in the back of his mind, his marks shining with a white light unlike any he had made before- the green leaving him like ink spreading in water.

God, he had done something horrifying. He had tried to kill the woman he loved, the one thing he cared for in this world. He had tried to shred his own soul into nothing, all because Saandra had manipulated him and his body. The dark thoughts were just illusions, images and horrors planted in his mind to grow like the vile seed it was. His skin was bubbling under Vyllaea's grip, the water heating around it to a boiling temperature as he cont
inued to struggle, the edges of his vision slowly sinking into a black tunnel.

His body was losing strength, but he didn't care anymore. He'd finally be gone, be able to not hurt the woman he loved by touching her, her eyes being drawn to his pain. In the back of his mind, Lightning still refused, trying to call the lightning down to fry the women holding them.

It was beautiful.

The lightning leaped from point to point in the clouds, struggling to find a conduit as the water manipulated the image from where he was. It almost mimicked starlight, the constant rumbling a comfort to his soul as he slowly lowered his head. He was almost out of air, lungs screaming for oxygen.
He saw her crying, even though the water stole her tears. It was in how her eyes held themselves, the way her lip always pouted when she held back sobs. His head leaned closer to her, the feathers around his face and body flowing like seaweed in the water. God, he must look hideous to her.

Those eyes, though. It wasn't just Vyllaea in their depths. He could feel Lightning giving up, being drawn to the same being he was.

A mental struggle came to him, his head struggling to get closer, his lips brushing against hers. She was so beautiful.. A snowflake in a world of ashes. The darkness was getting closer, but he couldn't care anymore. He'd stop hurting, stop hurting her. Bubb
les came from his nose, his mouth in a weak stream. It had been four minutes. His time was almost up.

His eyes were beginning to burn, only pinpoints of her green gaze remained in his vision. Weakly, he tried to communicate to her, tried to tell her his feelings, strug
gled to explain why, to give all of his information to her so that she could survive in a world so cruel as to rip them apart like this, to put that barrier between them.

He shuddered.

Muscles relaxed.
                                              Eyes glazed over.
                                                                 His weight began to pull up, no longer weighed down with life.

Cedric had died.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 10:11

His struggles grew weaker as her arms grew tighter.

She'd never been so scared as she held onto his feathered form, never thinking for one second he didn't mean the world to her.

Bubbles left his mouth, the beginning of the end.

Her arms tightened, her heart aching, screaming to let him go. But she couldn't. He had to stop feeling pain.

He fell limp.

Vyllaea held fast. Please... It'll be over for you soon my love...

Then he started to pull away.

How could she live without him?

CEDRIC!!!!

The waters burst free from them, Vyllaea's scream of anguish breaking through the air as she collapsed to her knees. Mournful cries left her lips, her head tilted back as she howled, holding the lifeless figure tightly against her chest. Her eyes squeezed shut, the tears like rivers down her cheeks. She killed him, she fucking killed the only person in her life who truly gave a damn about her. How he spent those countless hours to heal her eye, looking after her, teaching her of how to convey those emotions that she long buried. He gave her the courage, he gave her the meaning to try. Vyllaea had nothing now.

The nights those night terrors struck, when she was screaming in terror, he was always there. His arms always around her. Never once did he leave her, even when he himself was tired. He held her until she returned to her sleep. Each night, he drove her terrors away, kept them at bay. Each night he suffered, but brought her peace. She could already feel them rearing their heads once more.

How the two would go fishing and Vyllaea chose one day to show off. That she went in and hunted those fish herself, presenting them to him- only for one of those slippery little suckers to still be alive. She could still remember that blush on her face, the laughter in Cedric's eyes when the live fish somehow found its way down her shirt. That laughter that she would never see again.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so, so sorry... I'mfuckingsorry..." Her words left in broken gasps as she rotated him so his chest was against her own, her face burying in the crook of his neck. She didn't care that it had faded and some parts of his cold skin was tainted with those black feathers. Vyllaea loved him. But those words would never reach him. He was gone. Dead.

And this was so much harder than she ever thought it could be.

"OhdearmydearCed..." Vyllaea's nose buried into the damp hair. Oh please NO! FUCKING COME BACK YOU STUPID BIRD BRAIN! Vyllaea's lips found his, a desperate touch that they could never have shared. A feeling that she wanted him to share with her. But not at the cost of hurting him. She was too afraid, yet he was willing to go every step. She hurt him so much, just as much as he had hurt her.

Vyllaea... Come my dear, I know you hurt, but you cannot do anything for him now... You have ended his suffering, he's no longer hurting... You've saved him from that... Now come, stand... There's one witch here that still lives, the one who caused you both all this pain. And I shall not stop you from seeking what you want... She's damaged enough people.

SAANDRA.

Vyllaea slowly lowered Cedric to the ground, resting him upon the ground as her thumb closed his eyelid. Heartbroken, misery, anguish, depression, fury and revenge, a cocktail of emotions that she had never tasted before that she drank so freely of as she stood. Her cries of pain didn't do much to soothe her tormented soul, the grieved spirit within.

She wanted her. Fucking.

HEAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 10:32

Daemian froze for a few moments, the way Erynn simply turned to look at him was odd. The odd orange flames that danced in his soul, the way that she had humour in her eyes...

No. Something was wrong. Deeply wrong. Erynn wouldn't take the joy of someones suffering so lightly, she would do something about it. Daemian's wings curled, beating twice more to close the remaining distance. "Erynn, why are you doing this? Don't force her to suffer, that's not you!" He could see the burned wings and he'd be a liar if that didn't make his blood boil. It made him want to turn around and tear that girl limb from limb. Oh he wanted to murder her and make sure that she knew that her life was nothing to the Necromancer and even the afterlife wasn't safe for her. He'd make sure of it.

He opened his mouth to speak, to try and get her to stop and just end that life. But a scream, Vyllaea's scream of sheer anguish and sorrow tore his attention away. Surprise filled him, slowly replaced by sorrow as he saw his sister weeping over the bones of Cedric's body, those bones gleaming a bright red. Tears welled up in his own, before confusion struck him. Unlike Isaac, there was something different with him... There was a soft cyan glow, hovering over his body.

Daemian's eyes returned themselves back to Erynn, his hand quickly finding her wrist. "Please stop, think about what you're doing. She's hurt you, yes, but you shouldn't take joy out of this. You should end her mercifully, don't drag out her torment!" Daemian insisted, his hand gently squeezing her own, "This isn't... This isn't the Erynn I love."

In his eyes, a blue and purple glow flickered at the edge of his vision. Groaning inwardly, he glanced over to it- only to do a double take when he saw Vyllaea, now standing, was making her way towards them. She was beyond murderous. The very flames that danced and told him the stories of the soul made him quiver in fear. He broke his gaze away, returning it desperately to Erynn, "Please... Just end it all right now, Erynn! Don't let that part of you take over, please, that's not you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 10:47

Dominus stared down at Saandra, mocking her with His gaze. Gods, this woman irritated Him. How had He been so stupid as to think that she was, at one point, perfect? The ebb and flow of the corruption within her left him laughing. At least, until that Celestial opened his mouth. Irritation made Him looked towards Daemian in full, ignoring the screaming woman below. "Who said that Erynn was anywhere nearby. Good grief, man. She's gone. Drop it." For a moment, the temptation to pluck out each and every one of his jet black feathers filled Him. Reaching towards him, He was just about to enact upon such things-

Don't you DARE touch him.

Dominus' body froze. Muscles tightened, just as a scowl came over his face. "Well, you're a bit more stubborn than I gave you credit for, hellspawn. Didn't know you enjoyed your toys this much."

He's not a toy.

Raising an eyebrow, He took a moment to consider the puzzle pieces. His mouth came open in a small o, understanding finally what they meant to each other. "So he's your lover, is that it? A stranger has your heart? Last time this happened, I recall you falling into my lab's trap just to be plucked apart. Your organs were delicious, you know. Especially your liv-"

I don't care. He is mine. You touch him. I kill myself.

Surprise made the Seraph open his wings, a moment of consideration being taken. If she did as such, he couldn't necessarily put together the other chess pieces, the board will have been wiped clean. Then the necromancer opened his mouth, proclaiming out about Erynn giving a damn about Saandra. "You realize that Saandra was the one who burned that scar into her back, yes? God, you simpering annoyance. Could you go away like the fly that you are?" Of course, Daemian had to open his mouth and spew out nonsensical words such as 'Love'.

Erynn came back with a fury, the right side of Dominus' body flaring into a violet blaze. Starlight brightened the chamber, shocking the scientist out of playing around. Grimacing, he threw his hand open towards Daemian, the portals of citrine light cracking open all around him. He couldn't afford for a distraction, one that would leave Him without a body yet again. "Very well. As you wish, I will end it all no-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. YOU FUCKING STOP, RIGHT THERE."

Erynn threw her arm to the side, before crashing down to the ground- hands gripping her hair with renewed vengeance. "Don't you even FUCKING POINT A GODDAMN ARROW AT HIM YOU FUCKING MONSTER. I FUCKING WARNED YOU." Her hand went to her quiver, taking an arrow before stabbing it into her thigh. The deeper voice screamed out from her mouth, the agony forcing him to curl away into the recesses of her mind. It felt like fire blazing through her again, the burns of memories falling around her mental body like fresh wounds.

"I fucking.. Told you... NO!"

Last edited by Erynn on Wed Jun 14 2017, 11:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 11:00

The waters rose, the rain poured down. Water and Vyllaea strode with one purpose. One fucking rage in their hearts. Their souls twisting in a pain inconceivable by normal man. They may have their lovers here. They may have the ones they would die for right here.

But they all still had one another.

Vyllaea had murdered her lover. Water had murdered hers. There would be HELL TO PAY.

Every drop of water within her limit came to her, swarming around Vyllaea in a wild and erratic storm. High speed waters carved through the rock beneath her feet. They howled around her, all but fucking daring them to stand against her. She was mad with grief, her tears constantly rolling down her cheeks, her eyes bloodshot with her cries. They probably sounded like fucking music to that witches ears. Oh how their rage burned, their mind playing the memories of what they would do. And the Leviathan followed her every step of the way, drinking the cup of toxic emotions.

It was sweet to their lips, quenching to their souls and they drank their fill.

"Saandra, you wretched witch!" Vyllaea roared her form suddenly, swiftly, covering the distance between the two of them in a few seconds. Instantly, Water tore down the heavens of water around Vyllaea onto the phoenix, her waters twisting into shards of ice and high speed strikes.

If she fought back.

That would be music to her ears!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 11:22

Daemian's heart rose in his chest at his words, the way that she slowly turned to face him. "Burns or not, a quick death is deserved. Not a drawn out punishment." The words fell on deaf ears. But Daemian didn't let his fear show on his face, instead, using his own body to partially pull away from her. Erynn froze out of the blue, a look crossing over her face. Dark word were muttered under her breath and Daemian could see the purple light surface one more, a soft glow in the orange light.

Daemian's wings pulled him back, as Erynn's hand glowed, eyes wide with terror as he knew what was going to come next. His words chilled her, worry in his eyes. She was really going to kill him, there and then? Or was it that orange half that was, the one who's voice he heard? But before he could finish his sentence, Erynn's voice cracked through once more. He ignored Vyllaea's voice roaring from beneath them, his fight much more imminent than hers. Daemian winced as the arrow dug through her flesh, caused her to bleed, but he knew that that was her was of controlling that other more manic half, the half that glowed with those morning light wings.

But when she twisted it, finally seemingly silencing the beast, Daemian's arms wrapped around her. "Erynn, you had me worried..." Daemian wouldn't lie to her, his form gingerly pulling her back away from where she was. As quickly as he could, he guided her back to the ground and, as soon as their feet were firmly settled down, his arms wrapped around her, supporting her weight. His great wings bent around to shield her and also to hide her from Cedric's body, but his eyes were on her injury. "Is it safe to remove that?" He asked, knowing better than to just tear it out.

He didn't hide his worry, his arms holding her gently against him, holding her firmly against her like she was a precious flower that could whither with even just a few moments of sunlight.Goodness he was worried, he was scared for her. She didn't belong here. He needed to protect her, to take her away and keep her safe!

But with Vyllaea's rage, he wasn't even game enough to go near the exit, instead, focusing on Erynn, his hugs holding her firmly. His attention refused to leave her again, not until they absolutely had to. His arms didn't move, but he didn't rest himself against her. The scars had done a wonderful job on his scarf, almost drenching it in black as he still partially controlled the Golem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 11:25

Dominus had chased her down, laughing while he shot arrows into her time and time again. He one being she had thought of as an idol, worshiping her father like a Yvatian to their precious shard.. And here He mocked her. Throwing arrows into her body like she were a target down range. Fire that she called held nothing but a candle next to a flame in comparison.

"You mock me, your most perfect creation! I did what you couldn't! I brought light to her KNEES" Her body was warping, turning into a mocking version of the phoenix that she was combined with. Only a feather, but that was enough for her to withstand death several times before. Fire came more readily to her aid, crashing around her as heat produced more and more of a blaze. Her anger fueled it, her body deteriorating slightly from the over use of her power. Saandra refused to admit defeat, refused to see that her Father wouldn't find pride in her. She'd just force him to.

Marks that had been carved into her skin were now called upon, the magic that they stored being thrown into the inferno. The false shard that had been shoved into her heart feeding the blaze. Heat made the stone floor begin to crack, the metal bearing the weight turn cherry red before distorting from their shape.

Her left eye went blind, causing more alarm to feed the rage inside of her.

Cedric had died.

She had lost her puppets.

A scream ripped through her, angry and hate-filled as the one who had done such came forward, the water roiling around Vyllaea in a torrent. The currents held nothing for her to fear, as her own blazing body began to contort the edges of such into steam. She dove down, talons opening towards Saandra with malice shining at their warped, onyx tips.

"I WILL HAVE YOUR THROAT."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 11:42

Good. She was going to fight. A nice, hate-filled scream as her attention turned to the Leviathan. Even though her waters turned into steam, Vyllaea called them back to her, slowly commanding them to reformed into ice. Something much harder for Saandra to break.

In a turmoil of her own emotions, Vyllaea smirked. "I'd like to see you just try and get it, you hellish FIEND!" Waters voice cracked against Saandra's outburst, her soul sharing the pain that Vyllaea had. Saandra's flaming body and talons carved through her waters as if they truly were nothing more than a piece of paper. The flames burned brightly, but Vyllaea didn't move. She waited for her prey to come closer to her.

But Vyllaea was alone now, with only her terrified brother to look after her. With her own roar of anguish, one that matched and exceeded Saandra's in every single way, Vyllaea's own claws came down onto Saandra's outstretched talons. They grabbed her ankles before literally tearing Saandra down out of the sky by using her momentum against her, bringing Saandra down against the floor. In that same moment, Vyllaea released the grip her claws had. The contact with Saandra made Vyllaea grunt in pain, her murky flames scorching across her plated scales with a hunger that couldn't be sated. But what didn't help was that movement partially set off the rib that Cedric had broken.

No. Don't think of him. She solidified the water, warping it into spears made of ice. However, these were incredibly compact, something much harder for Saandra to melt and Vyllaea began to cast these at her fucking chest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 11:42

Isaac's body burned, the command that Daemian had given him released his will from the constraints of the marks. He was immediately at Roshan's side, claws having gouged marks in the stone floor from the force of his running. The Golem stared at his partner, seeing the terror in his eyes as his hands gently distorted into human-like anatomy once more, wrapping around the man that he loved in an embrace.

"I know you're scared. Breathe. Babe it's me. C'mon."

Izzy was very muchly against what was going on behind him, but his focus was entirely on Roshan. The Angel's wings were trembling, tears flowing freely as he saw the carnage. Cedric... Cedric was dead, the monster that had been taken over like the Golem had been.

"It wasn't his fault, Ro. It wasn't my fault. She.. She took us. I couldn't stop her, I tried. Gods I tried, I struggled, and I just.. It burned every time, until I couldn't anymore. I would've died if I had..."
Rust fell from his eyes as he gently held Roshan's face, forcing the Angel to look him in the eyes.

Hold him like that, young. Please.. Let me alleviate my pain by curing him of his..

The voice was a hushed whisper, like that of someone in pain. His mind blazed with the presence of the being, a gasp coming from him as his irises burned into being with the golden light. The same hue went through his veins, slowly flowing through him and into Roshan. Behind him, the Monolith rumbled. Pieces shaking and groaning as the figure trapped within it slowly turned her head towards the two, an arm outstretched towards the couple.

The light seethed from his body into Roshan's, setting the Angel's veins alight with a harsher gold than he typically held. A silent scream of panic filled him as he struggled to let go, unable to do such. A single shard- unknown to the titans of fire and water below shot out of the center of the monolith, streaking towards the pair with unparalleled speed. It passed through Isaac's body, slamming into the Celestial's heart like an arrow.

Dread filled Izzy.

Had... Light just kil-

Golden luminosity burst from the man he loved, a single note held by a chorus filling the halls. It sung like it had three times before, the shard uniting with the soul contained in the fresh body before him. Isaac was forced to let go, feet sliding back on the floor as the sheer magnitude of power overflowed from Roshan's body like a tidal wave.

Within the battle, Saandra screamed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 12:22

Roshan was shaking. Vyllaea had saved him.

At the cost of Cedric.

The terror of losing Ced threw her into a bloodthirsty rage.

And here he was, quivering in fear as Isaac held him firmly against him. It shouldn't have been like this. Roshan should have stopped it. If he didn't swap with Vyllaea, he wouldn't have sent Cedric into a rampage, he wouldn't have sent Vyllaea to killing him. Into breaking the last shred that she had left of herself, the anguish inside her finally released with nothing holding her back. She had no reason to come back. Tears, tears of regret and fear caused Roshan to curl into Isaac's embrace, his partner having been released by Daemian.

"I've hurt her, oh Light I've murdered her. The last thing she had, I... I took it away from her. I sent him into a rage. A rampage that he..." Oh Light why couldn't he stop those tears welling over his eyes, burning down his cheeks? Why wouldn't they stop falling onto Isaac's chest. Oh goodness why! His chin was lifted gently, forced to look into his lovers eyes. "I killed them- I fucking killed him, and I almost hurt you... This is so wrong, I... I could have killed you if you didn't tell me to run..."

This shouldn't have been happening like this. It shouldn't have! His head turned, burying it against Isaac's as his form bitterly wept, fear pouring out with every sob. If he had killed Isaac just like Vyllaea had killed Cedric... No.

Out of the blue, Isaac's eyes began to gleam, a golden light in colour. The frightened Angel pulled away. He'd never seen that before. But that was when he realised that, even when he had tried to pull away, Isaac hadn't let him move an inch away from him. The sound of grinding, pieces sliding against pieces, sounded as Roshan's head raised, his eyes widening as the crystalline arm reached out towards them. The light began to flow into Roshan- his veins starting to glow. And glow so much fucking brighter than Roshan had ever seen before. Mosaic.

Instantly, his heart began to beat harder in his chest. No. He didn't want to die. Not again. "Isaac, let me go! Please, please let me go!" Roshan begged, trying even harder to tear himself away from Isaac, "Don't you understand! I'll erupt again! Isaac! ISAAC LET ME GO!" He screamed, his voice desperate, but ultimately, unheard.

That was when he felt something impale him, melting into his body like a liquid warmth. Terror filled him, his eyes widening in resemblance to that fear. "What have you do-"

The sentence was torn from him, the shards light binding with his soul. The same song chimed, a harmonious noise, gentle in nature to stir up the soul. To bring hope, love, kindness. The things which Light herself once gave for the worlds. Light poured forth, his skin pushing to its limits of what it could hold. He heard Daemian's cry of fear as the shard unleashed its power within him, thrusting him further onto the paths of no return. A hum of Light coursed through him, the light she gave him having a compounding impact with his body. His heart thundered in his chest, fear gripping it tightly as he sat there.

He heard Saandra scream, but it was lot in his own internal screams of terror, his body surely was going to be unable to keep up with the ever compounding light.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 12:59

Saandra weaved through the spears of ice, her flames compounding into slithering forms to coil around the half-leviathan. Her talons grazed the armor once more, a hiss coming from the contact of fire and water- the standoff coming to an impasse.

Their fight was nothing in comparison to Light's weaving.

The shard was burning, finally finding someone who matched her terror, her passion, her care, her hurt, her anger, her withholdings enough to bond with.

Hush, child... I feel your terror. I know your pain. The man you love, being ripped from your grasp from your own passion, the hatred you feel for one of my children totally within reason of manner. This life, the pain it has brought you... Yet you hold on still, not only for Isaac but your brother Daemian. Roshan, please. Open yourself to me. Let me bond my last ounce of purity with your soul, let me bear the burden of the Light once more for your sake. I will mold you into something astounding to behold. You will have the power to defend those you love, so long as you do it for that reason and that reason alone. Release your fear to me. Come into my arms once more, child. Heaven shall hold no candle to my own being. I, Mother Light, need you to accept me.

Her words were soft, the pain leaving her as she disconnected her sentience from the corrupted portion of her body. It hurt, truly and wholly as if she were cleaving off a limb from her own soul.

I need you. Without you, I will no longer exist as I should. I beg of you, release those walls that bar you from me. We shall both end should you not... I don't wish to hurt you Roshan. Please.. It wasn't your fault. Cedric was corrupted, but We have cured him of such. He rests on the precipice, what his soul sees here shall determine his fate. I am BEGGING YOU. PLEASE!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Wed Jun 14 2017, 13:23

Inwardly, Roshan screamed, terror filling his entire soul as it fought viciously against the light that broke through him. He didn't want to implode. He didn't want to draw that light within his chest. He didn't want to feel the agony of every single cell in his body literally bursting from the light he couldn't contain. Isaac's grip was thrown away from him, his heart hammering in his chest, his form shaking like a leaf. He was fucking beyond terrified, his heart ready to cave in from fear.

Roshan paused. He heard her. Words which were laced with the pain he felt, the anguish in his being. That he screwed up, he failed at protecting them, saving them from themselves. And he cared. He wished that he couldn't. But he did, and now was frozen in a sea of fear as the gift he once adored threatened to claim his life once more. Her words, the intensity... They spoke wonders with him, like someone who truly knew just what was tearing through his mind. They were filled with a compassion which struck Roshan deeply, impaling right down to his very core. But he was still scared.

Light, I cared with the same compassion which you bestowed upon us all. Man made creation, a servant of evil, I tried to lead them away from what could happen should they continue down those paths. I defended those I loved as well as I could- stood up for what was right, Mother Light. But... For my transgressions, I was cast aside like the chaff before the wind. We were cast from you, Mother, we were thrown from you. Neither of us were given a second chance as they blocked either of us from seeing that light that I need to live... I've had this false light for so long. Even though I try, I feel so weak. So helpless. This body cannot handle what this world has thrown at me...

Light I have been overcome with anguish before, angry of what had happened to those that I loved. The Angels watched and didn't interfere as I burned and died from those gifts which I once cherished. That gift that I could swear was from you yourself, Light. How I could absorb those rays, meld it with my hands, bring it into my very being to allow me to be a half step over those who hurt those I loved... But that gift betrayed me. My body was torn from this place- but Daemian chained me here, preventing me from leaving until he made this new body. So here I am, before you, I'm dying as my body can't hold on to your Light anymore. The only reason I could hold on so long was simply because I couldn't leave them alone, my brother. My sister. Isaac. Not after I just found them- a new family.

If he accepted her, there was no doubt in his mind that her light would shatter him. But how could he be so selfish? Let Mother Light, one of the last gifts she could give, go to waste, have her suffer and die by his hands. And he too would die from the gift within her. Roshan felt himself waver at the thoughts, his resistance to her was already failing the more he considered just how much it was killing her to try and meld with his soul. Only to be rejected. Time and time again, through the crippling fear which he held towards her power. The guilt he felt, sending Water and Vyllaea into a maddened grief, her movements being so uncontrolled, so violent that the emotional sister no longer cared. Her entire being was twisting, falling into a spiral of self destruction that she could never save herself from. He'd seen it before, countless times- but he always extended a hand to those who needed him.

But Vyllaea wouldn't turn to him. The rage she had was something he had never seen before, amplified phenomenally by Waters hatred. Roshan could almost see the same anger in that Cedric had in his eyes reflecting in her movements. Cedric...

Please.. It wasn't your fault. Cedric was corrupted, but We have cured him of such. He rests on the precipice, what his soul sees here shall determine his fate. I am BEGGING YOU. PLEASE!

Memories of Cedric's body cast upon the ground, Vyllaea's arms over him. Those tears, her wailing and mournful cries... The grief she felt for murdering him. The torment. Anguish. It was tearing her apart. Both her and Water, a shard from a being that was meant to house that of LIFE! Not Destruction! If there was a way to save them from that murderous rampage, to stop her from twisting themselves against their very being and into something they weren't, it lay with those words which Light had spoken to him. It was with those thoughts in his mind that Roshan's soul stopped fighting. He could almost feel his hand across the doors that stopped Light from entering. His soul freed itself from fear as he turned that knob.

Like a dam, Roshan broke the floodgates away from Light, opening the gateway for her shard come to bind within his soul.

If this is what you need to live, Light, come forth! But do not think I take this for the power that you have offered me. It's true that I shall use your gifts to defend and protect those around me once more, be the Guardian Angel I once was and return to it, guarding them here on this realm. You have my word that this shall be what I do! But you, Light, you've suffered for so long, had your being twisting and breaking before you. Suffered in agony. I will take that burden from you! I will share it, carry it as my own, never again to let harm come to you! With you, I will defend those around me, I will protect them with my all, just as you would want me to do. With the same grace that you have given me... To save them. To free Water and Vyllaea from their own darkness, beings that we both hold close, that we both cherish in our heart.

But, also for you Light. The one who poured out a love, compassion and care onto the worlds, so vast that it could never be contained. I will keep you from your own darkness. I shall never let those who hurt you tear you away from me, I will protect you as my own! They will never touch you again, Light!

Roshan felt his palms begin to crack, Light's power not yet binding with his own. No. He wouldn't give in. He pushed through the pain, the cracks appearing on his soul from the power that Light's very presence meant for him. He wouldn't fucking let go, not again. Not this time. Not when Light Herself begged him for help.

Hurry! Our time is short, Light. I will no longer be afraid of what shall come of me. Come, quickly, before my body can't take the presence of you outside of my soul yet within it anymore, yourself standing between the two things. Please, Light! Before we can no longer take their darkness away, and two more of the six lose their names from among your stars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Thu Jun 15 2017, 04:04

Pain lashed at their scales, the flames cutting through their water like it was nothing before her. The ice melted, but kept reforming, destroying Saandra's twisted flames before they could damage them.

Vyllaea and Water, a thread away from embracing that swirling darkness in their heart, only put there through uncontrollable grief as they continued to drink from the cup. Neither cared that their appearance was distorting, scales becoming more jagged, claws elongating as their back slowly pushed into forward through the skin to form crude back spikes.

Claws ravaged their plating, pushing deep down into her. The pain didn't reach her through the fog of hatred.

Fury drove through their being, Saandra's resistance only spurring Vyllaea and Water even further. Instantly the waters twisted and healed her. This monster, this Amalgam, tore through her lover like he meant nothing to her. She kissed him, stained his neck with her kisses, she dared to touch something that who's heart belonged to her. Saandra dared to go against what Vyllaea and Cedric had, her twisted face and because of their curse, Cedric had died by her hands. He. Was Dead. Taken from her by her own hands because of this witch!

Vyllaea's claws raised, digging into Saandra's legs, holding them into her shoulder that they broke through. Blood welled from both of them, the steam around them hissing from the flames and waters touching.

The perfect balance that water had struggled for pulled from her fingers, torn by the grief from her. She slipped and begun the plunge into darkness. The cold embrace was welcoming as she the last shred of care burned away from Vyllaea, the fury burning within them claiming Vy's soul, no matter how much Water realised the mistake and desperately tried to reign them in.

Not even the light from Roshan took away Vyllaea's maddened gaze away, but Waters sparked in shock, before she too fell into remorse and anguish once more. If anything, it increased Vyllaea's torment and her anger further, memories going through her of what happened to him due to that light some time ago.

The agony of her soul rising as the waters and ice crushed the flames around them, destroying the tendrils of fire. Claws dug into one another, neither soul giving any signs of yielding. But true to their eternal conflict, fire and water clashed, neither one able to gain the advantage of the other. They healed just as much as they damaged. The steam that came also broke through and reformed into water, but the flames rekindled themselves. Neither body gave any signs that they would move, yield to one another.

Vyllaea didn't care. She simply didn't care anymore. By the end of this, she'd be resting with Cedric in their grave, the two never to be separated again. Or Saandra would be crushed beneath her claws. Either option seemed beautiful to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 13:00

Just as the dam broke for Light, it also broke for Saandra.

Hatred for the woman before her, the one who had corrupted her perfect vision, who blindly stumbled forth into her world to ruin everything in her path burned through her very core. The flames conflicted with the ice once more, fueled by the knowledge that this would be the last act that the Phoenix would perform in this life.

"It's your fault he's dead, you witch. So much for love, eh!?"
her voice was a hollow rasp, the laughter high-pitched and whiny. Below them, the stone was beginning to melt, shatter when refrozen, only to be melted again. The constant cycle was breaking the ground around them, ruining that which the Leviathan stood upon.

"I'm going to rip you to shreds"

In the distance, the Tone had reached a fever pitch. Light could feel the wall lower, her entire being finally free to meld around Roshan's soul, the shard no longer stuck in his chest, but blazing a bright brand of Traveler's marks across his chest. Light could sense the fear of his mind from the recent battle with Cedric, could taste the lips of Isaac in his memory, feel the skin of his sister in his back, could hear the sobs of his partner's cries as he shook the Angel's body, and could smell the molten rock.

She had had enough.

Forgive me my child. There has been too much today, too much of everything.
Around the Angel, the fragments of rock and dust began to swirl- vortexing around him and Isaac. The storm that once existed, blotting out the sunlight vanished. Blinding rays of warmth came to her call, the pair's feet striding towards the soul that looked on in anguish to the one he loved. A gentle caress of the cyan cheek, a light touch to wipe away tears, the knowledge that time had not ended. All of that warped the plane, aided the strange being that she saw the spark of eons ago, breathed to life centuries past, and looked at with love then and there.

His breath caught, the body shuddering as the oxygen forced the water out of his lungs- but she couldn't wait for him to do what she needed. At her side, Isaac panicked, attempting to hold Roshan's arm.

"Hush, child.. We aim to end this soon. See to the Paradigm, the Amalgam, and the Celestial. They each need your care."
Her eyes trailed with Roshan's to Negene, the shadow holding himself together. His soul was torn, memories tormenting his mind as one of the people he cherished had unknowingly harmed him.

Pity filled her, but she could not spare a moment.

Their wings opened further, bands of light flowing around their body as the clothing covering them no longer contained their power. it was hard, for the first time, to convey her abilities appropriately and proportionately. Roshan's body was by no means weak, but it was also not gentle in the ways she remembered. A hand rose, gentle beams weaving through the air and around Vyllaea- avoiding her body for now.

Saandra screamed where they touched, her flesh singing from the purity of Light. "My poor, lost child... I cannot allow you to do this any further. I tried to assuage your soul, gave every essence of my being spare my core to cure your ailment. Yet here we are- your betrayal burning me like the fresh brand of a farmer to cattle. All I wanted was to love you, to hold you in my arms and cure your mind of those thoughts... But, no longer. For as much as I loved creating you, I cannot stand for your corruption any longer..." Tears of gold fell from their eyes, arms opening as if to embrace the Phoenix.

The tendrils wrapped around the emerald being, her screams and cries for forgiveness falling upon deaf ears. The Light was blinding, her heart going into the deed she was doing. Behind Roshan, Negene and Erynn cried out. They could both see the emotional toll before them, understanding the grief that went through the Goddess as she destroyed that which she loved. Isaac had to turn away, his skin burning from his reaction to the light.

Cedric slowly stood, his feathers soaked and clinging to his body. His previously white hair was slicked black, as ebony as his wings. The Cyan tips soon flared to life as he coughed, eyes lifting to which was before him. Lightning screamed inside of him, the death before him wrong in every sense of the word. Light was undoing, marring her creation. Dragging himself forward, he struggled to reach Roshan, to lift a hand to the man's shoulder as he did now. The Angel's skin was like a heavenly fire, so hot beneath the Paradigm's hand that it should have burned away his flesh. Instead, he could feel his being becoming invigorated. His feathers flared into life, teeth gritting against the conduit of power flowing through him- Lightning himself crying out as energy warped around the two.

Saandra stopped screaming, the light fading like the afterimage of staring at the sun. In her wake, a singular red shard fell- dropping into the depths of the hole the Monolith stood guard over. Light's tendrils continued to flow over Roshan and Cedric, the Paradigm's grip finally releasing from her caress. Gasping, he stared, both horrified and transfixed by what the Angel had done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 13:10

Erynn's breath was haggard, horror at what she just witnessed filling both herself and Dark. "Light, why would you do such a thing? You should have let me, you should have put the burden upon us!" Gasping, her hand went back to her thigh. Blood pooled around her leg, the arrow having dug deep. Swallowing, she gently turned it- pulling it out slow with a cry. Tears filled her eyes, but didn't pour over. Her pain was nothing in comparison to Light's.

Using her wings to push herself up, Erynn struggled at Daemian's side. The light around his brother's body still waved like ribbons throughout the air, the Marks on his body filled with the same golden hue. Swallowing her fear, she looked to Negene. The Amalgam stared openly at her, knowing she felt exactly what he had in that split second. His body pressed forward, standing beside Daemian before shaking his head.

"You've been to the In Between, haven't you?"

Erynn's eyes looked down, a heavy sigh escaping her lips. "Yes. I have. I can help you find her, if you need me to. But I have to rest, and I can't.. I can't guarantee that I can find her." Her mismatched eyes met his emerald gaze, understanding the need in their depths. Her body leaned into Dae's, eyes closing from exhaustion. Dark stood at the back of her mind, tears rolling down their face from what Light had done to herself.

They knew the price.

Turning her gaze, yet another pair of wings caught her attention. Cedric stood- attempting to get close to Vyllaea.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 14:36

Daemian's gasp sounded, the light blazing from the room surprising him. But his eyes fixed on his brother, terror from the light erupting from him. "ROSHAN! STOP! I CANNOT MAKE A NEW VESSEL FOR YOU!" He screamed, wings flinging away from Erynn to start their pace towards his brother, grab him, stop him from unleashing that once more.

Only for the light to return in an even greater vengeance.

Crying out in agony of what his Eye just witnessed, he stumbled back, squeezing them both shut. Light's shard, fusing with Roshan's soul, burned brighter than anything he had seen before. A passion, a pain, only those two had felt them. Daemian felt the black eye weep, repairing the damage done as he covered Erynn once more with his wings- only to have her look through them anyway. He watched, partially horrified and amazed as Light, through Roshan's body, pushed the soul back into Cedric. Then his voice sounded, like a blazing anger, laced with their own pain.

Daemian's arms forced themselves around Erynn, holding her against his body once more as she heard them cry out, but his words quickly formed. He tried to convey his feelings into the words, tried to calm her down, but in the end it seemed to be futile. It was only until the red shard dropped from Saandra, her body going limp, that Daemian released that hold that he had around her. Her voice cried out accusingly at Light, but at the same time, it wasn't her voice.

Dark?

Goodness Daemian was slow at putting these together sometimes... Her three personalities doing his head in more than readily. Her hiss of pain from removing the arrow bore into his soul, knowing that he wasn't able to do anything at all to help. But that's when that other voice sounded. His eyes rested upon Negene, the green tinge no longer visible over his body. Daemian returned his arm around Erynn as he felt her lean against him, a wing half covering her sight of the horrors before them. His eyes softened, looking to Negene. "If it's any comfort though... I can help the search. I'd... Like to try something with this eye." He raised a hand to tap the scar, "It has the impact of being able to see souls in this realm- I'd be curious to see if it can actually do it in the in-between. It'll probably depend on how close we are, but... It's worth a shot, if you're willing to let me help." His sarcasm was gone, no longer needing nor wanting to use it for a few moments.

His wings all but wrapped around Erynn as he finished the sentence, his heart hammering in his chest from worry. He didn't want her to feel like she did, didn't want Dark to experience the pain he felt, didn't want that psychopath to return... But what could he do aside from stand there and hold her? Reassuring and telling her it'd be alright, that he'd never leave her...? Daemian didn't know.

The sound of shuffling feet came into his mind. His head turned, watching Ced slowly pull away from Roshan. Towards Vyllaea who crouched on the shattered ground, her plating torn to shreds, melted and ripped apart, all at once. She turned.

Horror rose in his chest.

"VYLLAEA! NO!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 15:20

Dear Water her fucking words hurt more than she anticipated. The flames and ice, never being able to beat one another, flared and died constantly. Vyllaea could feel the rock creeping up her legs, melting and burning her scales. A curse of being on the ground, before her waters could cool it. She snarled, her claws slashing across Saandra once more- only for that witch's flames to billow over her again. The pain was still nothing to losing Ced. Freeing him of his prison, of his torture.

"Hurry up and do it then, or are you all talk and no bite?" The Leviathan's voice sounded, it's voice distorting in Vyllaea's mouth. Twisted in anger and rage, the monster fought back against Saandra, until that witch scored a lucky blow- the wing against Vyllaea's broken rib.

Her feet tore free from the rock, slamming into molten stone, before the waters came crushing down once more. The damage was done, her leg's scales burning and scarred before she could move it free or cool the rock with her waters. But she held fast her claws going bac- Light coursed through the air, hammering Saandra back and away from her. Confusion spiked in the Leviathan's eyes as she turned her head, looking to the being of light for a few moments. Roshan?

Light..? You cannot do this to yourself, Light!

Water's distress triggered the Leviathan to turn its attention completely back to Saandra, but before it's claws could take away her life, the red shard dropped. The Leviathan collapsed to her knees, scarred, bloodied, but she didn't care. The suns rays across her back reflects the damage from Saandra's claws. Resting her hand upon her own scales, her fingers dug into her side, gouging four small marks in her chest. Tears were building in her eyes once more.

It still hurts... But he's free from her curse, he's not going to hurt anymore...

The Leviathan felt Water's calm rushing over it, the intense feelings of hatred slowly being pulled away as the tears fell from her. Her head hung. Fuck.
Fate really was a cruel bastard most of the time. But she sighed, raising her head once more. Water's presence tried to soothe her, even through her own shock of Light's actions for killing her own creation. But Water couldn't speak, here she was, a thread away from doing the same, but never being able to... Goodness it tore her apart. Water rose their gaze, moving to cast it to see who Light ha-

That's. One. Fucking. Sick. FUCKING. JOKE!

The Leviathan rose it's head again, a snarl pulling onto it's face. He was there, standing before her as the cyan tips of his black wings trailed behind him. No. He was dead. That wasn't him, the hair was wrong. "Nice joke, Daemian. You fucking sick freak." Leviathan's voice tore through the air, her eyes locked with that ghost. Her claws twisted further, forefinger and index twisting into a foot long blade. Instantly, her feet broke through the ground, screaming in agony to move.

She closed the distance between herself and Daemian's fucking twisted joke- eyes filled with murderous hatred. The blade on her right arm aimed straight for the reanimated body's neck. She'd silence him. Get his body treated with respect!

"VYLLAEA! NO!

The blade stopped, inches from it's neck, her chest heaving, fucking agony from stopping in mere moments. Her eyes were narrowed, anger easily evident in her stance. Why the fuck did he tell her to stop? Why the fuck would he care about a fucking dead corpse, it wasn't like he could se-

The eye.

"Ced?" Her voice was quiet, weak, eyes searching his. Vyllaea's face fell, tearing her hand away. She staggered backwards several paces. Her legs wanted to force her being to collapse, agony flaring through her. No. That couldn't fucking be him, she didn't almost just kill him again. No. Fresh tears flowed down her bloodied and scarred form, her hand twisting back into the humanoid shape, the skin resting against his cheek. It felt real, dear Light it fucking felt warm, not cold like it had been. His eyes, they sparked with life. The way they searched, but they...

She ripped her hand away. Her heart raced, beating painfully hard in her chest. Dear Light she fucking almost FUCKING KILLED HIM AGAIN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 15:40

Cedric panted, his lungs still foaming from the water that remained in them. His body felt like fire, his feathers hypersensitive to the air that blew them around. He couldn't move any more, his body screaming for rest as he stood behind Vyllaea. Her scream, the way she immediately turned to leap onto him almost scared him.

He knew he would've died if Daemian hadn't screamed.

Her blades turned into her fingers once again, their cool touch a welcome relief to the fire of his skin. He knew he was feverish, his eyes searching hers as he fumbled through his thoughts. She flinched away from him, his heart hammering as he took in her reaction. She was horrified by him.

Tears fell from his eyes as he gently pulled her against him, his body screaming as it held her tight. A light gasp left his lips, the cold ice of her skin soothing against his own burning flesh. A light moan escaped him, neck burying against her neck as his wings wrapped around the pair. His hair, the black strands falling forward to mix into her own snowy locks startled him. He hadn't seen such a thing in several, several years.

Realizing what he was doing, his eyes widened.

Stepping back for a moment, he stared at her in wonder.

Before another thought entered his mind, Cedric's lips were crushed against Vyllaea's.

Her mouth tasted like copper from the blood that streaked her lips, but gods, the smell, the taste of her was like that of cane sugar, ingratiatingly addictive. Shuddering, he pulled all of her against him, the ruins of his jacket not holding much away from her. The way she tasted, raspberries mixed in with the sugar. A low moan escaped him, his head lulling back as he broke the kiss. Fingers went up, feeling her hair for the first time. Swallowing, his hands went to cup her cheeks, tears flowing freely from his eyes as he shakily laughed, joy sparking his feathers into a brighter light.

"Vyllaea..."

He couldn't stop it, the grin lighting up his face making more of his tears fall as he crushed her harder against him, sobbing into her hair while laughing. The feeling of her against him, the smell of her from this close, the taste of her still on his lips. The fire was nothing in comparison to the wonder he felt here, even when Roshan cleared his throat behind him.
Back to top Go down
Roshan
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 16:29

The pain Light felt through the actions she made with his body sang through his soul. They matched, mirrored and in some ways, even pushed through what he had felt. But to have someone else controlling his body and him being a mere watcher... Was disorientating. He felt the soul crushing pain from killing her own creation, to see her fade.

Light, you did what you had to do... You hurt now, but you've stopped a greater evil.

She relinquished control over his body, the effort from what she had done making her partially drained. But the fact that she had killed made Light almost mortified. Roshan did his best to calm her as he looked over, watching in confusion as Vyllaea suddenly lunged forward towards Cedric. Before a cry of warning could be ripped form his lips, Daemian managed to beat him to it. The call came just in time, Vyllaea's claws stopping just shy of the umm... Rather... exposed Cedric. But the fear that sparked in her eyes, she didn't believe that he was real. That he wasn't before her. That he was gone.

Roshan gave a gentle smile to Isaac, before the light warped around him, his wings partially blocking his own rather, umm... Far out what was with these guys and clothing?

He walked over to Cedric, clearing his throat when he noticed that the rather intimidating thunderbird seemed to be thriving in the contact. Roshan had no idea why he was the one to try and break off the contact, especially with the recent fact that Vyllaea had to stop Ced from tearing out his own throat. The Angel was holding back his own dread of Cedric as he rose his voice, Light's help coming through to disguise his nerves from the thunderbird. "I don't know what you're feeling right now, but... You might want to wait a little before so much contact, you did just die after all... and I'm worried that it wasn't done right, please, take it easy. Besides, we probably should leave before we have to explain why the Core is like it is and we're blamed for it..."

The extra stress on his words made his own sister look to him in confusion- which only lasted a few moments before her cheeks started to grow crimson upon realizing what he meant. With a quick glance, she noted the lack of clothing on her, partially melted to her scales, burned and, overall, just gone. A nervous smile tugged against his lips, but that was all, no smile, no joy in his eyes aside from the gratefulness that Cedric was still alive- that thunderbird meaning more to Vyllaea than Roshan had guessed.

He just fucking hoped that Ced wouldn't murder him for mentioning and suggesting what he had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 17:19

Vyllaea's voice screamed internally, wanting to push him away. His skin was warm, almost to the point of burning a regular human. However, her icy cold touch was confirmed that that was absolutely nothing compared to the flames from Saandra that she had felt moments earlier. Stunned, shocked, worried, the strength from the Leviathan's fury and rage slowly left her as these emotions replaced them.

The dark hair that covered his face was beyond odd, cupping his cheeks, it was more than unfamiliar, but his eye, the cyan shone with life. Goodness, his crystal tears that fell from his eyes shone with the light, reflecting them to her. No no no, she couldn't make him cry already, not again. His words from earlier lashed out against her, accusing her, shafting agony through her soul and paralysing her in a crippling fear. Goodness, she'd hurt him so much, and yet here he was, pouring out his heart again, he was before her, alive, and what the hell was she doing? She was freaking with her emotions. Utterly spooked. His neck rested against her head, pressing down her pale hair.  He was touching her.

His pain. No.

Vyllaea felt the tears trail down her own cheeks, her fear biting her back, but she didn't make a move. The waters rose to her fingertips, glowing a gentle green as she readied them to heal Cedric from the inevitable burns. As he pulled away, a frown formed on her face, her mouth opening to apologise to him. But that was when she paused. His eyes didn't shine from pain that always happened.

Water rejoiced. Vyllaea's walls broke.

Her lips met his, uncaring of the blood mixed with the touch. His lips were surprisingly soft, firm with the force needed to convey what he felt. Her arms wrapped around his back, fingers sliding up the middle of his back, beneath the tatters that was his jacket. The warmth was kind against her cold skin, easing the aches from Saandra's vicious blows against her. He broke away, his fingers trailing through her hair, a touch that brought the tears flowing down her cheeks.

A feeling that she never thought he would have without that ache in his eyes.

Vyllaea pressed her cheek into his hand, removing one of her arms from around him to hold his palm against her. The warmth flowing through her cold skin, the firmness of his hands, feelings so foreign to her without his signs of pain. She didn't want that to end. Dear Light, the pain that wasn't in his eyes, it even made the Leviathan echo her happiness.

The smile that light up her face was only outdone by Cedric himself, the joy, happiness...

Roshan clearning his throat made Vyllaea snap from the trance, her eyes gleaming with emotions that even Roshan seemed surprised of. But after extra stress on certain words, she felt a blush growing on her face. He was. In her arm. Against. Her. With nothing but rags. And she was just scaled. Realizing that, she refused to let the Levithan's form leave her just yet. The look in her eye was enough to tell Roshan that she tried not to care about her state. But, if it did help him keep his pride, she'd move away from him slightly. But if not, she would be more than happy to stay by him. After all...

Nothing was going to remove her from Cedric's side ever again.

"The damage here is something I'll be probably told to come back and help repair anyway, a curse of being a guar-" She paused. She had no more marks, was that even possible anymore, for her to be a guardian? But what the hell was she now? Vyllaea shoved the questions away.

It didn't matter anymore, as fate entwined the two together once more, her wish being answered. They could be together once more, Cedric's knowledge would be able to help her once more. But one thing that Vyllaea knew for certain was that she wasn't going to hold herself back from him anymore. No matter what happened. Her heart belonged to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 19:24

As if on cue, Dark turned his attention once more to Light.

"I'll.. Get us back.. To Roshan's home.."

Her words were strained by the pain she felt, burns and self inflicted wounds finally amounting to a copious length of agony. Her wings were unable to hold themselves visually any longer, disappearing into the waves of heat they typically chose. Swallowing her pain, a hand rose, the same violet marks mixing with midnight blue and orange- calling upon the others who occupied her body to generate the energy required to paint the portrait that lead into Roshan's home.

Erynn's arm limply fell once the work was done, sweat beading on her face as she struggled with her leg. Daemian was kind enough to take most of her weight, but goddamn she felt weak.

"I would.. Appreciate... swift movement."

Her eyes blazed violet with the struggle of holding the portal open, lips opened in a snarl as she was still bleeding. It wasn't a good thing by any means, and she wasn't necessarily able to heal anything that quickly.
Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 21:13

"Erynn!"

The cry of surprise came from Daemian, his arms grabbing Erynn tightly as he held her weight, terror rising in his throat. Goodness, she shouldn't be doing this. Erynn was barely coping as it was! And now she's decided that creating a darn portal was a good idea? His arms pulled her up, holding her firmly against his chest, his jacket half falling over her form. She was already so weak from fighting that monster, both of those creatures had toyed with her. His gaze turned sour, the scarf, thankfully, still over his mouth as he looked at the others there.

"You heard her, stop gawking and get through, unless you want to be left behind in this hellhole..."

Vyllaeas gazed looked up to Cedric, quickly pulling him through the portal without a hesitation, her hand entwined with his. Daemian was her brother, she trusted him. The second they went through it, Vyllaea noticed the familiar mountainous area, the forests, pools and a path of destruction through it. With a gentle tug, she began to lead him inside, her mind focusing on just where Roshan kept his spare clothing. Surely he'd have something to fit Cedric... Hopefully...

But she would HAVE to make him a new jacket, a perfect replica of it. If she could manage it...

Daemian brushed Erynn's hair from her face, beyond worried for her as he watched Roshan and Isaac quickly follow Cedric and Vyllaea, Roshan beckoned Isaac forward with his wings, before vanishing through the portal. Isaac quickly followed. It was rather obvious that they too were focused on getting themselves decent once more. Daemian scowled. Why were their clothes so tattered, torn or completely gone? Well, if Vyllaea was like Roshan, and their partners like those two... Well, that'd explain why they were missing so much. They didn't hold back from anything.

However, one was still yet to leave, but Erynn's strength was faltering. "Please, please, go through. I promise you, we will do our absolute best to find her. I've been trapped there myself for quite some time, and I promise... When we find her, she'll be alive. Just please, go through and we can talk about it on the other side- Erynn won't be able to keep this up for long."

Daemian's voice was laced with concern, a pleading which he was surprised to hear in himself. Even with his destroyed teeth, it sounded even more earnest than he expected it to. Negene seemed to understand how desperate Daemian was and, as quickly as he could, went through it as Daemian lifted Erynn. Carrying her bridal style, he carried the both of them through, his hand gently caressing her cheek. When the two went through, the portal slammed shut behind them.

The other five were gone, vanishing inside already. But the Necromancer didn't leave so quickly. Instead, he turned around, walking to the edge of the balcony with her wrapped firmly in his arms. Daemian knelt down at the edge, the furthest that he could be from the others without causing them worry. His wings were lightly folded around her, the giant black wings blocking out the dying sunlight. "Thank you, Erynn. Thank you so much for helping me, for finding them..." Agony laced through his lips as he kissed her forehead. "But... Really... Honestly...

Im so grateful that you came back to me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 21:36

Erynn couldn't keep up the portal any longer, as soon as she knew Daemian was entirely through it slammed shut with a pop. Swallowing, she couldn't object from the way that he carried her, her head curling against his body out of sheer exhaustion. The way his wings settled around the pair made her eyes swim with the need to rest, the urge coming over her like a heavy blanket.

His lips were gentle, soft against her skin. Her fingers went up to gently feel them, the skin surprisingly supple under her touch. A gentle smile came to her lips, a chuckle shaking her body as she shook her head.

"You were going to cry... I couldn't let that happen, not because of me... I hate seeing you hurt like that.. And.. And he was.."
Tears pricked her eyes as she remembered Dominus raising her hand towards him, the portals shifting in aim. Swallowing, she shook away the thought. "I couldn't lose you..."

Closing her eyes, Erynn inhaled deeply. A throbbing had started at her thigh, the movement- even as light as it was -had caused her wound grief. Biting her lip to stop the cry, a shuddering breath came through her.

"Dark doesn't think this is over, though. And neither do I. He's.. He's the closest thing I have to family, and he's scared Daemian. Something's wrong, so wrong that he's quiet. He's never quiet when I'm hurt, and I don't know what that means... I'm scared...."

Back to top Go down
Daemian
Traveler
Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 21:54

Daemian smiled, his lips brushing against her forehead once more. "It may not be over, but sweetheart, you're going to be here with us. And I'm pretty sure that two Celestials, a Leviathan, a Shadow-hopper- who I think is kinda cool, and a thunderbird won't forget the debt that they owe you and Dark for your help today." Slowly, he stood up again, his wings curling over her body completely to hide the sun from her.

He was aware of the blood dripping down her, onto his leg as he slowly and as carefully as he could, walked back towards the door. "And sweetheart, you're worth every tear that I shed, because you gave me a will to try again. When I first saw you, I was disturbed that someone so innocent, yet so curious with the world, had been hurt. I couldn't let that happen again, and I am sorry for putting you through hell."

He sighed, shouldering the door open as he made his way indoors. Quickly, he settled her on a seat. "Vyllaea, please, if you're free, I need a hand." His voice called out and, after a few muffled words later- Light knew what the hell they were doing in that room, Vyllaea came forth, the Leviathan's scales still present on her hide. It only took her a few moments to see Erynn's leg before her hand raised, casually breaking some of the pipeline to release a steady stream of water. Vyllaea's own wounds weren't really tended to, too busy finding clothes for Cedric, but she knelt down next to Erynn.

Her healing waters came, wrapping around Erynn's wound, healing it slowly. However, Daemian never left Erynn's side, his mind worried about her words. He stood next to her, his arm wrapped around her shoulders, holding her against his chest as she half laid down on the chair, Vyllaea focusing on her work. The waters would ease her pain, bleeding, and knit the wounds together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erynn
Traveler
Traveler

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   Fri Jun 16 2017, 22:04

Erynn was barely able to stay awake, her eyes never once leaving Daemian. "I don't wanna go back..."

He was home.

He was her home.

For whatever circumstances and chance had randomly spewed it to them, Erynn had stumbled upon Daemian in a beautifully chaotic way. The way his eyes were so large,his scars like her own, and the way they had helped each other despite only knowing one another for only a couple of weeks now.. It was..

Tears fell freely down her face as she buried her eyes into the crook of Dae's neck. He still smelled like spices, exotic and dark in nature. Swallowing, she flinched as the waters touched her. Their numbness was much like that the Labs had used for her back, sending a small shard of panic into her until she met the Siren's eyes. She was a kind soul, just as if not more tormented than she was herself.

Taking a shuddering breath, the Seraph stretched her arms to wrap around Daemian's torso. "I'm sorry Dae, but I think I'm going to fall asleep.. I just.. you're my home. Please don't go away..." The words were, as she noted, garbled. Barely coherent as she fumbled through them, her eyes shutting as if weights were tied down to them.

Erynn slept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)   

Back to top Go down

The Ashes of what was Once Known (Story topic, Invite Only please)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2