Stars Within our Reach
Hello, and welcome to Stars Within our Reach. We are a fantasy role-playing forum that have aspects of Steampunk technology within our world. Here, Guardians and Travelers work together to bring Shards of the Utopian Core back to the Eye of the Gods. Strange things lurk in the shadows, proving survival to be difficult in an area so prosperous...

Make sure to read our site rules before joining, and we hope that you have a fun time here!

There is no more division between where you can and cannot travel. World blurs into world as you reach across galaxies, searching for something beyond...

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Online Staff
Latest topics
» Where Beasts Rule (Private, Flynn)
by Imelda Tue Aug 01 2017, 07:29

» Call to Arms (Private)
by Ardent Mon Jul 31 2017, 22:29

» Skylar Agnar, Traveler of the Realms
by Skylar Mon Jul 31 2017, 03:46

» Hiatus- why pretty much I'm never here
by Guest Sat Jul 15 2017, 21:41

» Ties Between Realms (Private, Flynn)
by Gwynn Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:05

» Sly, the Apothecary
by Vyllaea Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:38

» Cascade Dawn, the Inhuman Practitioner
by Cascade Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:43

» Mixed Messages (Private)
by Roshan Fri Jul 07 2017, 06:13

» Flynn Argall - Enforcer
by Vyllaea Fri Jul 07 2017, 00:55

» Tion, the Dragon of Wind
by Vyllaea Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:30

Top posting users this month

Share | 

Reforging What was Lost (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sat Jun 17 2017, 07:12

Vyllaea smiled in content, the showers warm water cascading across her skin. She didn't look down across her scars, but as the soap formed the lather over her body, she could feel each and every one under her finger tips. A grunt of pain came from her as she ran her fingers over the three burned scars across her abdomen, still tender and somewhat fresh. Her rib was taking a while to heal, but she still was confident with how it was going, especially with the healing liquids. But they only did so much.

The rest just took time to heal.

Vyllaea's palms squeezed the tense muscles from her shoulders, fingers digging into old wounds as she massaged them. Goodness it was hard not to cry out from those scars, but she kept her mouth shut. Anything else would alarm Cedric... Dear Light, he was fucking perfect. A smile touched her face at the very thought of him, feeling the blush rise on her cheeks. The memories of pain, of murdering him, they still were burning brightly in the front of her mind. She was worried, incredibly worried, that he would never forgive her for those actions, his words that he said still burned into her core.

She shook her head. It didn't matter. He was with her through the actions of Light herself, allowing the two to be with one another once more. Nothing was standing in front of Vyllaea to prevent her from being with him. She wanted to keep it that way. Finishing with washing her hair, she turned the waters off from where she was standing, cutting away the only properly functioning shower in the house. She stood out from the shower, drying herself down before pulling on her typical clothing. She wrapped the towel around her shoulders, pulling the dripping wet hair to rest on top of the towel to absorb the moisture it leaked.

Stepping forward from the shower and into the chilly room, she flinched lightly. The windows were still broken from her ice, Cedric's cabin just not in a good state of mind at all and the wind lightly blew through the home. She shivered, holding the towel around her shoulders tightly to keep the cool from her. She made her way into the same room as her lover, a sweet smile on her face. The moment he had touched her and, finally, she hadn't seen the pain flare through him... Vyllaea was much more willing to push with his contact. The feel of his warmth against her skin melted her heart every time without fail.

It came in particularly handy when the two had been trying to coax the Leviathan out and, when they managed to succeed a few times, he was able to somewhat dictate its actions through his gestures around 10% of the time. But, it still gave Vyllaea a giant fucking headache to try and talk to it when it was her cornerstone of rage and fury. She knew that it was going to take a long time before she could truly try and speak with it but, so far, Ced didn't do a bad job with doing so.

With a smile, she sat beside him, her hair still partially frizzy from her not pulling the brush through it just yet, her white hair looking more of a grey than white due to the moisture it carried. "I'll admit, the shower was a nice touch, but... Really, just what are you doing, you've been looking as if you were doing something for something the past few weeks." Vyllaea spoke easily, using her powers to cheat and pull away the water from her hair, condensing it into a small orb that sunk into her hand. While it was there, she idly fiddled with it, her focus on Cedric, a smile always on her face.

She never could stop since she had seen Cedric revive that fateful day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet
Name:: Cedric Vael
Alternate Accounts: Syrein

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sat Jun 17 2017, 09:26

Cedric drew a hand through his black and blonde hair, the lighter streaks finally coming along. He felt like he was sixteen again, goddamnit. He had always preferred the lighter color of his hair, not this... Ebony shit. Sure, he could stand it in his feathers, but it felt wrong with the rest of his features.

One leg was bent on his bench, the plans of the cabin resting on them. The other firmly touched the ground, bouncing with the need for movement. Vy hated when he did that if they were sitting at the table, or on a couch together. The movement always interrupted whatever she was doing, and he could typically count on a good scolding. Even if she was playful about it.

Raising his eye to her question, Cedric pointed at the mapping cycle in his lap. "Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to best finish the roof. I've been working on the wood for that for two weeks now, and I'm almost done. I just want to make sure that I didn't cut off any of the pipes or gears needed for water, electricity, etc. Hell, I had to ask Negene to make a couple of new ones and pay for Isaac to Blacksmith them out of pocket. He was nice enough to only ask for the materials, but damned if Roshan wasn't glaring at me the entire time."

Wasn't untrue. Ever since the... incident, as Cedric liked to call it, Roshan didn't trust him. The Paradigm and the Golem had become quick friends, wrestling each other to regain strength, as Isaac could easily withstand Cedric's temperament and abilities. Frowning, he folded the papers up before drawing both legs to sit crossed before his..... girl...friend?.....

Light, he was still unsure about that.

Clearing his throat, he put the paper away to the filing beside him, leaning forward to look at Vy. His words... God, how could she stand to be around him. Guilt flooded his system yet again, the urge to vomit a hot alarm in the back of his mind as he closed his eye tight. Would she ever fucking forgive him of that? Saandra's marks had stirred his heart into anger, adding to the fuel of the already burning insanity that Lightning naturally had with him.

"I have the windows ready to reinstall, along with the doors. Everything's ready for rebuilding. But.." Looking away, he felt his lips curl back into a grimace. Memories stained his mind, and he had to swallow bile. "I wanted... To talk with you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starswithinourreach.forumotion.com
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sat Jun 17 2017, 11:22

Vyllaea's eyes searched the map as Cedric spoke rather easily. Her smile faltered at the mention of Negene. The only person who had helped her couldn't even stand looking at her, the one she considered a friend. Oh Light his words, the look on his face, how he scowled whenever she was near. It literally crushed her soul every time and she was sure he could see the pain that his actions were putting her through. But she deserved every single one that he gave her.

She slowly shrugged. Vyllaea didn't really enjoy that the two didn't seem to get along but it was only to be expected after what had happened between everyone there. Sure, new friendships formed, old ones regained their depth- Roshan and Vyllaea becoming quite close again in terms of siblings. However, others were badly, badly damaged. Herself and Negene, Cedric and Roshan, friendships and relationships frayed and scattered. "I'll talk to him the next time we visit them, or vice versa if that would be helpful? I do think I know why he was glaring at you, but I'll try smooth things over with him on your behalf, if you would like me to? I just know that you're still..." Vyllaea cut herself off. Mentioning those scars across her abdomen, no, she didn't want to anger the patchy black haired Ced. With a disappointing click of her tongue as Ced set aside the plans, she sat back in the sofa, looking at the orb of water. She glanced across to the window and threw it outside.

Yes. She wanted to throw it at Cedric's face. Light knew that she was in a damn playful mood, despite what she was thinking in the shower. The only reason she didn't was the simple reason that Cedric would be rather angry if she for the plans wet and damaged. And, as her experience showed her, an angry Cedric was something she never wanted to deal with again.

Vyllaea sat further back in the chair so her spine was against the corner of the sofa. She turned, facing him as he was speaking. Her heart skipped a beat. She kept the smile from falling from her face for as long as she could. Her heart hammered in her chest. Dear Light those words caused her more fear than she wanted to admit. With a small smile, she stopped leaning where she was and scooted over on the couch. In a smooth motion, she laid back, resting her head against Cedric's lap as she rested her legs over the arms of the chair- an action she'd never have done before. Her hand found his, fingers entwining with his. "Sure thing, Cedric, anything to get that sad look from your eyes."

Vyllaea's smile brightened up her face again, trying to reassure him with it. But she'd be liar if she wasn't worried with what he was going to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 09:41

A spark of energy arced from one of Cedric's hands to another when she left the sentence hanging. Taking a deep breath, he gave her an apologetic look before shaking his head. "I don't want to hurt your brother. But I can't stop imagining your face after he... I just... I'm not usually this angry..." Rubbing his face, he took a deep breath.

A soft, cool weight put itself against the Paradigm's thigh hand being gently pulled from its spot over his left eye before Vyllaea's fingers entwined through his own. Gods, he could read her like a book. Her eyes held worry deep in their recesses, but understanding and other emotions blended over it. A gentle smile came to him as he gently tapped her nose.

"What are we?"

Realizing that this could be taken philosophically, he sighed.

"I mean, what are we? I... I'm more intimate with you than any other being upon this plane of existence, or any other for that matter. You know more about me, my ticks and tocks, than anything out there- including what Saandra once knew. But.. We haven't put a label across what we are, yet." His right hand rose gently playing with Vy's soft white locks of hair. His eye softened, more thoughts progressing as he spoke. "I want you to be mine, Vy. I want to scream it from the heavens, to strike down anyone who'd-" Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself once more from the energy that sparked around him. His emotions were flummoxed, especially after what Saandra did to him. There were still lingering effects drawing dark thoughts.. Or maybe now that the dam had broken, he couldn't fix it.

"What I'm trying to say is.. What do you view us as?"
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 10:49

Gently, Vyllaea took his hand and rested it against her chest, her head tilted slightly to look up to his eyes. A small, sad spark bloomed, her memories suggesting that he was angry with what she'd done to him. That she'd forced herself to make him drown. Maybe every word that he said in back then to her, maybe every single word was actually true and he was just trying to figure out a way to break it to her so she wouldn't freak. Her heart skipped a beat, nervousness sparking in her eyes as she gently squeezed his hand. But then.

Well that was rude.

She partially screwed her face at the tapping of her nose, making a note to get him back later for that. In silence, she listened to him, a smile gently lighting up her face. The way his fingers gently pulled through her hair was gentle, the feeling something that Vyllaea refused to receive enough form. That was when her smile faltered for a tiny second upon seeing the anger causing the crackle of lightning around him. Nervousness made her bite the inside of her cheek. Vyllaea refused to flinch from the display of anger, knowing that he was trying his best to control it. But there was a nagging doubt at the back of her mind, that one day he might decide to get back at her for what she had done. She let his hand go, leaving it just over her collarbone to reach up and gently caress his cheek in her palm. Just trying to calm him down as she saw a look pass through his eyes, something which she'd never seen before. Hell, she was also hoping that the contact would help him pull himself back under control a little quicker.

When he'd finished the awkwardly asked question, Vyllaea smiled before giving her best attempt at a shrug. "Well..." Now it was her turn to be nervous as she sighed, looking away from him. "I... meant everything I said, I love you, I truly do," I just can't ever get over that I murdered you, "... I want you. I want you more than anything else that this world has to offer - hell, even Water knows that." Vyllaea sighed again, well aware of the blush rising on her pale cheeks. Dammit.

"... I can understand why you asked me this... If you felt like you were dancing on egg shells to actually admit this, you know exactly how I feel now- oh DAMMIT VYLLAEA!" Her spare hand went to cover her face, aware that Cedric could probably feel her hammering heart against his leg. Damn she was nervous.

Just tell him before I do it for you...

Vyllaea swallowed, before taking her hand away, returning it to coil around his fingers, her other hand partially pinned by how she lay against the couch. "I view us as hopeless lovebirds not knowing if they should take the next step, if, by doing that, we'll cause more issues.. But, that's how I view us. What I WANT is know and say that you are mine, show anyone else who even looks at you that I'll shove them away. Dammit, Cedric, I want you. I'm willing to go the next step, if you are." Even if I killed you. Earnestly, almost desperately, her eyes went to his, not betraying that every single word she had said was the truth.

"Because I know for damn sure that I can't lose you again, in any way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 11:45

Cedric gently pulled Vyllaea to sit in his lap- fingers pulling the strands of her hair behind her ears. A gentle smile made him shake his head before his lips touched hers.

"Then what is that step? Where do we go from here? I opened my home to you originally, and refuse to take back such an offer. Though forgive me, as it's a bit... Ruined, currently. But, regardless. What is that step? Where are we going?" With each sentence, his lips trailed down her jaw, eyes holding humor from the heartbeat that he could easily hear thundering in her chest.

Vyllaea was lovely, in that regard.

A dark memory, of water filling his lungs came to him- sending his own heartbeat into a gallop. Swallowing the thought away, he leaned back to look her in the eyes. "Just so you know, however, your blush is incredibly adorable. That, and your stumbling over words. Quite hilarious in that, aren't you." His smirk lit up his entire face, hands moving down to hold her thighs up and against him as he stood up- moving into the kitchen.

It was noon, and his stomach was killing him.

Not that he'd let her know.

Setting Vy down on the counter, Cedric tilted his head to her. His black hair trailed, the light streaks catching the sunlight that thrust itself in through the windows. "I'm waiting, then."

Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 12:33

Oh great. He was going to play it like that.

He avoided what she, rather awkwardly, implied, his lips trailing down her jaw- dear Water this was torture. You see, it's not my fault. You're the one avoiding his questions, that never ends well, my Child.

They were both going to gang up on her. Great. How could her day get any worse. The sudden stop gave her an answer to the unspoken question, her eyes seeing something across them. Goodness, what'd caused that...? Her head tilted slightly, opening to speak to him, to ask, but he continued with his words, before pulling her up against him. Naturally, her arms wrapped around his chest, holding him gently. Only for a few moments as he set her down on the bench, his fucking head tilted to that side, with a small expectant fucking smile on his face. Admittedly, the black hair was rather... Odd, but his blonde was slowly coming back . . . that was ni-

Dear Light, Child, you are so clueless. Please, just ask him, you both want it, just ask. What's the worst that he will say, Child? No? I'm sure that even you can tell that, by his actions, there's absolutely no way that he would say no to you. Look at him, look at you, he's treating you like royalty. And don't give me that sideways look that I know is dancing in your eyes... But my Child, please, you both want it... So what's the harm in it? Or are you really going to let him slip away... again? Are you going to begin his torment once more? Are you going to start pulling that veil of pain over him once more? You have a chance, to grasp it, my Child. Do not be afraid of reprimand... After all, it truly... Truly isn't often that someone comes back from the dead and still loves the one who murdered him!

Vyllaea almost winced at the harshness of her words, but... upon thinking a little more... Water was right. She'd begged for another chance. Wished for him to come back. And Light answered her wishes, her pleas. Cedric was here, right before her. Her hand tightened into a fist, ignoring the slight blueish hue to it. It wasn't too bad, and she raised her eyes to rest on Cedric. A smirking blush continued to toy on her face, uncertain to all extremes.

"Then I'll sa-"

Dear Light give me strength... Even if you make a complete fool of yourself, it's fine, my child. He won't hate you. If anything, he'll laugh.

"Okay, okay, sorry. Cedric," Don't freeze up now, Vyllaea, "Partners, as you've given me everything, and now I can finally start repaying that debt."

My goodness Vyllaea, was that so hard to say? Sheesh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 13:05

"Partners, eh?"

His lips trailed down her throat, fingers entwining in her hair before his left hand slid down to the small of his back. In the dark portion of mind, he felt Lightning turn his attention to them for once, sensing Water's hand in this. Not my fault she's... Bah. Nevermind. I know what you mean, Lightning. I'm pretty sure she's still interested in you, if you'd give her a chance.

A hunger blazed through Cedric, his lips turning harsh over Vyllaea's throat as his teeth nipped at the flesh presented to him. Startled, he cleared his throat and took a step back. 

"I uh.."

Rubbing the back of his head, he stared around- looking for something to save him. What the hell was  that? Where was he going to go with that. Rubbing his eyes he paced for a moment, before slamming his hands down on the counter. Leaning in, he stared at Vyllaea.

"You're driving me insane. I want to do things to you that I have no right of doing, no notion of where the ideas come from and just... I'm no where near as innocent as you are in these regards. I want you to know that you're driving me up the wall with how adorable you're being. Goddamnit all."

Taking a deep breath, the Paradigm let it out slowly.

"It doesn't help that Water is combined with you. It.. It makes emotions a bit stronger than previously thought."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 13:30

She almost swore that she'd said the wrong thing as Cedric repeated those words to her. Her hand was almost shaking, but that was when his hand laced in her hair, his lips running down her jaw. An involuntary moan escaped her lips, just before his teeth dug into her skin. That made her gasp, partially withdrawing from him, confusion dancing in her eyes. It didn't hurt, she just... Wasn't expecting that at all. Her hand rose to clear away the saliva that his lips and teeth left there, watching him as he paced. With a resounding crack, Cedric's his hands slammed into the bench, Vyllaea could have almost sworn that he broke something from the force of the impact.

A small smirk pulled on her face. "If I'm so innocent, you might just need to teach me not to be so innocent. I'm sure I wouldn't mind too much..."

That voice.

Vyllaea almost froze, the few contacts she'd had with that hadn't been the most pleasurable of experiences. However, Water could sense her uncertainty, her calmness washing over Vyllaea, no longer the rather snappy tone she had earlier. Her command was done and she had no more reason to be frustrated towards Vyllaea. My child, may I speak to him? The voice caught her off guard, but Vyllaea gave permission.

"And why is that, Lightning?"

Water rose her hand, gently resting it over his right one. Her head was tilted to the side, her eyes shining with concern for him. Was her presence in Vyllaea going to cause them so much discomfort of their own...?

"Please forgive the sudden speech from me, my child was worried..." Goodness, Water didn't even know what to say, but she knew her eyes spoke of her pain. She'd killed Lightning's host to protect her own and, as Vyllaea had wanted, to put Cedric free of his torment... And only through Light's grace were they here as they were. She wouldn't deny that it hurt to kill him. She wouldn't deny that for a SECOND.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 13:44

Inhaling deeply, Lightning stepped forward. After what had happened in the In Between, Cedric was more than willing to let the Shard speak its share.

"I..." Growling, smoke began to leak from the Origin. Taking off the patch, Lightning rose his eye to meet Water's. "Because I still care for you. You would put my host out of the pain which plagued us both, at cost to your own sanity nonetheless. And I'm supposed to not... I just.." Rolling his eyes, he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Sorry, he's explaining this all wrong."

Cedric looked back up to Vyllaea, a smirk on his face. "He fancies you. We, fancy you. It's.. Hrm. I guess I understand why he was having trouble explaining this, now. What I mean is that it's hard not to just go overboard with our emotions, as they're feeding off of each other currently. We both want to push you down and kind of... Progress from there, so to say. It's hard not to enact on such urges, especially when you're making yourself so.. Gah!"

Rather than just talking on it, their lips crushed against Vyllaea's, arms pulling her against him until there was no room separating the two. His urges, the thoughts, the constant reminders of the barrier that had stopped any and all contact in a deeper form being thrown into the kiss, his tongue forcing her mouth open before a slow gasp came from him.

Water tasted just like they remembered, and Vyllaea was exactly as Cedric thought she would be.

Forcing himself away, Cedric cleared his throat- walking to the opposite side of the room before pushing his hands through his hair. "Gods, I'm so sorry. I just... Lightning.. And then I ..."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 14:25

"What were we meant to do..? Let all four of us die so easily? I had a chance and... even if it made us kinda mental, we had to do it. If not for me, then for Vyllaea." Waters voice sounded again. However, as the two listened, Water understood every word. However, someone else wasn't as lucky. She remained in the dark, remained in confusion as Water controlled her.

Vyllaea was rather grateful that someone in this room knew that she was incredibly baffled by what on earth was even going on. Thankfully, Cedric was more than willing to clear it up for her, even if his voice... Suddenly...

Either Lightning or Cedric, Vyllaea had no idea who, had crushed their lips together. Surprise hit Vyllaea like a truck, wanting to pull away in shock, but Water had other ideas. She rose her hands, fingers gently lacing through Cedric's hair, holding him there as she returned the kiss. Unspoken words passed between the two shards, but goodness, this wasn't how Vyllaea wanted to figure out how Cedric kissed, dammit!

Upon sensing resistance, Water pulled her hands away, releasing them instantly. Cedric pulled away, Water relinquishing control to Vyllaea. She breathed heavily, shaking her head slowly in disbelief. What the hell just happened between the two...? Four of them? "No no, it's, it's umm... Fine, sorry, Water wanted to take over and... Umm then this, well... you know, happened and I'm so sorry about that, Ced." Dear Light her cheeks were ablaze with her blush, slipping off the bench that she was resting on before making her way over to Ced, her arms sliding around his waist as she rested her forehead gently against his back.

Thankfully, Water was in her own train of thoughts, contemplating something about Lightning, memories from times long before Vyllaea being stirred in her mind. Flashes of pain, things preventing them from being together.

Vyllaea's arms tightened their grip around him, "Water couldn't help herself, she'd been unable to do that for a painfully long amount of time." As she thought about it... Maybe there was more than one reason that Water was able to bind with Vyllaea, and those pesky singers from back then really did know what they were doing. And, under the influence of Water herself, they were able to succeed.

Last edited by Vyllaea on Tue Jul 04 2017, 05:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 14:53

"Tell me, Child. Has Water told you of our past?"

Lightning turned, his eyes white as he looked down to her. "That pain that you felt with Cedric? Times that by the level of gods. She and I could not touch. Just as I beat my wings, I would spurn her body. Should she rise to meet my feathers, she would tear them away with ice."

His teeth bared, electricity leaping in his mouth.

"But now..." Calming, he gently pulled Vyllaea's face to match his gaze. "You have cured us of that ailment. And it is so, incredibly hard not to caress the woman that I love Vyllaea. You are her, just as I am Cedric. This match was borne of Light, and her never ending mercy. But, tell me child, why do you think it is so hard for me to face her? She spurned me, ran from my caress because it caused me pain. Do you not understand my words now? Why Cedric and I spoke out of agony, of hatred? I wanted to die, as she tossed me aside." Tears welled in his eyes at the memory, his hands cupping Vy's face to rest his thumbs beside her eyes.

"And yet we are cured."

Cedric gently leaned down, asking permission this time as his lips brushed against hers. She still smelled of raspberries and sugar, the amount so much more as they closed the distance. He refused to press closer, to progress any further than she wanted. "Yes. Partners. I enjoy the sound of it.. And maybe Light will grace us with the Marks of such."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Sun Jun 18 2017, 15:42

That voice was back, Vyllaea's heart leaping in her throat. Vyllaea let Cedric go, nervous of the sound that the shard made. Water was by her in an instant, her calm rushing over Vyllaea in an instant, easing her worries. Lightning wouldn't hurt her, Water reassuring her of it. Vyllaea needed to face him, come to terms with the other being that was within Cedric's soul, accept him and not be afraid. The words he spoke moved Water, her emotions which welled within her confirming just what he was saying.

The electricity jumped across his teeth, Vyllaea almost taking a step back from it. Water's presence forced her to stand there. He will not hurt you, Vyllaea, to hurt you is to hurt me, and... He wouldn't do that, not now, just listen, don't be afraid. Swallowing her nerves, she turned her attention back to Cedric. She felt Waters emotions sink when Lightning finished those words, confirming that it was completely true. Completely true. So how Cedric and Vyllaea were tormented, Water and Lightning had experienced exactly the same thing.

Just exponentially worse.

She felt horrible, the memories of holding Cedric as he died played graphically back in her mind, how Water and her cried, Vyllaea begging for another chance. Once more chance to do the right thing by them. And both Water and Vyllaea had truly been granted their wish.  She tried not her damned hardest not to flinch when Lightning took her cheek in his palm, Water thriving in the contact, but Vy was still more than nervous.

That was until his lips brushed against hers, her ears recognising the soft voice that belonged to Cedric. Breaking out of her paralysed fear, she wrapped her arms around him for a few more moments, holding him tightly. At his words, a gently smile blossomed on her face before she forced herself to let him go. Too much contact... Probably wouldn't be what either Ced or Vyllaea wanted at that current point in time. "I'm sorry that we caused you so much pain, I really am sorry... I just.. It never seemed fair on you to have to cope with absolutely every shred of agony that you were put through. It hurt more than even Water wants to admin...

Please forgive my ignorance, but what Marks are you speaking of?"

Goodness she felt like an idiot for asking...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Mon Jun 19 2017, 13:34

Blushing, Cedric looked aside. "It wasn't agony. I just.. I couldn't not hold you. That hurt worse than the burns..." The Paradigm's heart went into overdrive, coughing slightly. Had Vyllaea grown up without knowing about such things, truly? Swallowing, he rubbed the back of his head.

"I um.." C'mon, dude. "Alright, well. They're... They're what Travelers get when they have a... a partner. The marks are done typically in front of Light's monolith, not that that can be done now.. We'd probably have to ask your brother, but. They're.. They're like... They're.. Um..."

Rubbing his face, he took a deep breath.

"They're kind of like marriage? You can use them to find your partner across the planes, wherever they are. It's... It's odd. And Light makes marks specific to your pairing. I'm not sure how to fully describe this."

Blushing, he crossed his arms before adamantly looking away.
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Tue Jun 20 2017, 02:05

Vyllaea slowly raised an eyebrow to what he was saying, a concerned look dancing in her eyes as he suddenly turned away, his cheeks crimson. Her frown deepened slightly. Was was this thing about marriage that he spoke about? He acted like it was such a big deal, something that she should know about. Vyllaea smiled a guilty smile, almost hoping that the act would ease what he felt. "But we're partners, what's the significance to of relating those marks to... Marriage?" She asked, the sheer innocence with that once question peaked Waters concern.

Do you really not know what that is?
Vyllaea looked startled for a few moments before Waters voice sounded in her mind again.

You truly have been hidden away from the world, haven't you? Alright, Vyllaea, marriage is somewhat like the bond that you and Cedric have. However, currently, you are partners- maybe girlfriend and boyfriend? ...No? Haven't heard of those terms? Dear child, what has your father taught you?
"Sorry, Water decided to give me a lesson, it's hard... Focusing on two different things with her and yourself talking and blushing so much over there... How do you do it?" Vyllaea apologised, turning her attention away and to some shards of glass. A cold hand seemed to run through Vyllaea's memories as Vy actively walked over to one of the broken windows, her fingers idly tracing some of the broken glass. Water's sighing voice sounded again.

Alright. Okay. You know. Absolutley nothing. You know that warm and fuzzy feeling you get near Ced? I cannot simplify this anymore, but basically, marriage is something that declares that both of you have warm and fuzzies for one another. A formal thing that says you two somewhat belong to one another. A bond that lasts until death or one of you break it away. Marriage also somewhat ensures that no one else will even think about trying to claim take one of you as their partners. Vyllaea's finger slipped and she cursed, bending the waters around her finger to heal them once more.

That being said, Light's markings are similar to thi-

Feeling as if her cheeks on fire from being given a crash course in whatever that was, Vyllaea turned back to Cedric, "So, why do only Travelers get them? I mean, you're the only one of us that can get one, I'm... ...Technically meant to be a Guardian, but Negene-" Her voice caught, face partially falling. She still was yet to apologize for that. "...well, I've got no markings at all now. Nothing. The only way I'm able to go through the portals is thanks to Water. But, anyway, back to what I was asking... Why is it only Travelers that obtain them? Because, if that's true, then I cannot have one due to me being a Guardian- former Guardian? Whatever I am... Please excuse these questions, Vance was apparently not a very good teacher- oi, I didn't say you could..." She gave a frustrated sigh, raising her hand to her forehead, only listening to Waters gentle laughter.

Water inwardly was there, waiting for everything to click...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Tue Jun 20 2017, 10:32

Cedric couldn't stop his laughter. He kept guffawing, unable to stop it until a stitch appeared in his side. Taking a deep breath, he wiped tears before grinning at Vyllaea. "Marriage is what happens when you promise your entire being to another, to love them for life. It's a ritual to, more or less, make two into one. I'm asking you to marry me, Vy. I'm asking you to stay by my side and never leave me again, when you're ready. But it's different. Travelers aren't the only ones who get these marks, but they are Traveler marks. Light literally binds the soul of two beings. These act also as travelers marks to protect you through your journey to your significant other, and they're normally reserved for Travelers because we.. have a higher mortality rate than most other Ranks. As for your Guardianship... We can get Negene or Light to replace your marks. Unless..."

Swallowing, Cedric gently took her hands in his own- gaze boring into her soul. "Unless you wish to stay by my side as a Traveler. My adopted father, Astamos, taught me everything about it. I could teach you, give you the House of Vael as your surname should you want it. I want... I want you to never leave my side again. I want to always have you in my arms, and always be in your arms. But just as I want such things, I also want you to be happy."

Cupping her face, he gently rubbed his nose against hers.

"You're my little fish, and I want the world to know th-"

Four knocks rang out against the haphazard door of the cabin, the wood groaning before falling flat onto the floor. Cedric immediately put himself between the intruder and Vyllaea, energy coming at his call.. Until he saw the face of who it was.

Negene stared from his closed fist down to the door, shock evident on his face. He hadn't changed much, if anything was different it would be the harsher muscle that showed under his skin. His wavy hair was still different, but it wasn't anything that Cedric didn't miss. The Siren met his gaze guiltily, rubbing the back of his head.

"I um... I hope I'm not making a nuisance of myself. I can fix that. I can totally fix that."

Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Tue Jun 20 2017, 15:57

Vyllaea looked at Cedric in confusion as he laughed, and laughed... and laughed. Had she really spoken words which were so strange to hear? However, the mans laughter was enough to make her lips pull up into a soft smile, Light knew how much she adored his laughter. Then he spoke, delving into the explanation of what it meant. It fascinated her, but then he said those few words, causing her to freeze momentarily, surprise in her eyes. But that would mean that- . . . Oh.

Waters laughter echoed in her mind at her blush that rose further on her cheeks. His hand curled into hers, probably seeing the shock and her eyes that were literally sparking with emotions, joy, happiness, surprise- and some that Vyllaea just had never felt before. They were probably being amplified significantly due to Water's own emotional side. Goodness, he wanted to bind his soul with hers-

But how long would she..?..

He cupped her face, the gentle touch stroking down her cheek. Their noses touched. Her mind stopped, banishing that thought from her itself, clearing it of the doubt. In that one moment, Vyllaea's soul was so filled with emotion that it lulled itself into a calm. In that moment, she knew that her life was perfect and she wouldn't let anything change that.

The door knocked. Movement happened instantly. Breaking the contact, her eyes locking on the door, Cedric moved himself between her and the falling door, to reveal-... Her smile faltered for a moment. The horns, the way he stood, the slightly more muscular frame, hair partially wavy. Regret filled her, her head slightly tilting to the side, a remorse building in her eyes. Negene... Cedric and him were friends, and so were they once. Before that comment tore from her voice- she'd not meant it quite how it was received, but the damage was already done. Vyllaea shook her head slightly.

"Of course not, Negene, you're always welcome here. And don't worry about that door, I can get it later." Vyllaea said easily, before humming to herself. "I... was about to go grab some salmon for lunch, would you like anything, Negene?" Vyllaea asked, a half truth, but her gaze avoided his as she turned. Regardless of  Her thumb hooked over her the clip of her belt, flicking that off and walking over to place it against one of the dining chairs. She shrugging off her vest and half throwing it on the chair as well. Before she actually went to leave, she quickly kissed Cedric's cheek, "Everything you've said... I'd absolutely love to." Vyllaea's voice was quiet, so only the patchy haired man would hear it.

"I won't be too long, it generally doesn't take too long to hunt- besides, fresh salmon is always the best salmon." She said with a grin to them both, being so careful not to give Negene anything remorse in what she felt. Vyllaea truly was sad with what she'd said. She wished she could take it back. But no. She was cursed, her emotions being her undoing, always taking advantage of her, making her hurt the people close to her. First Cedric. Then Negene. She'd hurt Roshan as well. Daemian didn't count, neither did their partners. She knew nothing about them... But she fucking lost someone she considered a good friend. All because of one damn heartless moment.

The smile never left her face, despite what her thoughts wanted her to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Tue Jun 20 2017, 16:11

Negene's body moved before Vyllaea- blocking the door. He could see the regret, the happiness and join from the pair, along with a much darker emotion from Vy. Sighing, he pressed his lips firmly together, shaking his head. "No, Vy. I came to talk." Cedric already knew what was going on, hell the Siren had even asked him.

He knew that they were engaged now, as well. He helped Cedric think up the Marks.

But that didn't matter. The unspoken feelings, the look in the girl's eye, and how Lyralai felt about his regretful emotions.. All of it swirled together. He would have to find Lyr again. And this was in the way of doing it. If he died, he wouldn't dare let things like this go unsaid. So, taking a deep breath, the Amalgam gently pulled Vy's chin up to look him in the eye. Gods, he could fucking taste the joy radiating from her soul, along with.. Someone else. Two someones. But that regret, no matter how well she thought she could hide it, tasted the same as always.

"Vy, I need to talk to you. About that night. I know that I.. I haven't been the best guy. But that's because I thought you purposefully said that to cut into me. Erynn and I knew each other from a ways back, and we had to recognize that. Kindred souls. What we shared in that moment won't compare to what she and Dae share, but it was significant, and pretty awe-inspiring to me. And just.. I was in a very emotional state, for once. So when you said what you did to Saandra, I thought you meant me. And that wasn't very fair, especially after Cedric died, and I just..."

Taking a deep breath, the Siren leaned down, lips brushing against her cheek before he turned his voice down into a whisper.

"I thought I loved you for a while there, Vy. But I was wrong. You're my friend, and I don't want to lose that relationship with you. I don't want to feel the regret Roshan feels for you or Dae, I don't want to feel the pain Isaac does when he sees how you look at Ros. I don't want that between you and me. Lyralai saved me, and she saw this pain in me deep down. She warned me about it. And I have to save her. I can't just leave her, but Erynn and Daemian are preparing for it. And before I could go... I had to come see you."

His eyes softened, hands gently moving into her hair. He ignored the narrow-eyed look from Cedric, even though he could feel the concern emanating from him. Negene's fingers weaved through her hair, thumbs wiping away the frustrated beginning of tears that she always seemed to have around him.

"I'm sorry Vyllaea Ylldrai. And I love you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cedric
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Tue Jun 20 2017, 16:22

Cedric tried not to let his feathers ruffle as Negene touched Vyllaea, or even leaned in. He knew what the man felt, now. Of course, Cedric supported what Negene was doing. Hell, he even asked the man how to propose, what marks they would use. Swallowing, the Paradigm carefully strode forward, gently wrapping his arms around Vyllaea's stomach, eyes boring into Negene's.

"He's not lying."

His lips met her forehead, just as he chuckled. "He helped me propose."

Like that, he let go- letting the two have their moment alone. Instead, he went to the fire, using a strike of lightning to set the logs back into fire. Tending to them, he added more fuel before working on replacing the windows- the caulk setting as he carefully set everything in. The pair were still talking, so he of course chose to replace the singular one missing upstairs before coming back down.

"I uh. Fixed the roof yesterday. We have to worry about the doors now, and maybe should consider putting a lightning rod beside the house. Just in case."
Back to top Go down
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Tue Jun 20 2017, 18:53

Negene barred her exit.

Vyllaea looked up to him, glancing back over her shoulder uncertainly at Cedric. But he seemed... Relatively calm. She swallowed, hard, before looking back to the Siren, her smile fading as she half rested her gaze to him, forced to by his thumb tilting her head back. Okay. This wasn't okay. However, Vyllaea couldn't bring herself to slap his hand away, the nerves, the guilt stopping her as she looked... To those emerald eyes which shone with pain so long ago. Dear Light, she was nervous, his eyes showing that he knew of the pain that she felt even being near him.

His voice spoke, the contact he made, although it was so different, it was so familiar at the same time. The kiss screamed wrongness with her, the lips soft on her skin. They weren't like Cedric's, their style of their very contact with her was so different.

The words ripped her apart. Her joy coming crashing down through what he said. Confusion blossomed within, a deadly flower opening inside her soul. Water wrapped herself around Vyllaea's soul, trying to calm her, the Leviathan's head rising from what she felt. Anger, disorientation, what the hell was he talking about? After all the two had done, and the two ignoring one another for so long, her due to nerves, and him, what? His own depression of having his friend taken- and now he's coming out to say that?!

If Cedric's arms didn't wrap around her at that moment, Vyllaea was certain that she would have done something drastic, incredibly rash and drastic. Focusing on what he'd said, she calmed herself quickly, recalling his words. His kiss pulled a smile on her face, but she'd noticed the look he had given Negene. But, he was suddenly gone again. More questions than answers rose up in her and she turned to look to him, her head slightly tilted to the side in thought. Slowly she nodded, damn she was getting damn crash courses with everything today...

"I... I'm sorry, I have no idea what to say, umm..." Dammit women, clear your thoughts, one thing at a time...

"I feel like I need to explain this... Roshan feels guilty for injuring me, he can't even look at me without feeling worse than I felt towards what I did to you- but... He just can't stop feeling it. No matter how much he tries, he blames himself. He's terrified of Ced, he's just... Completely unable to do anything about it, he can't change time, he can't right the wrongs. So he just sits there, burning away. He's becoming bitter- I haven't told anyone this, but... He's really being bitter. Water's been warning me about it, it's eating away at him. He doesn't like Erynn. He's scared of Cedric. He feels like he threw out Daemian. He... Can't even look at me without that LOOK of guilt in his eyes. I don't want that. I never wanted that between us... You're the only one outside family and Ced that I have as a friend. And a damn good one- it felt like I really lost you, and you know I felt that. No, I won't forget your annoying nack of knowing my emotions." She gave him a shy smile.

"But, I need to say this... you're doing the right thing by going down and trying to find them once more from where ever they may be. It's only fair that you do so, Neggy. But, truly, I am sorry for what I had said, as I really didn't mean it towards you. The anger was directed at Saandra, and I was just trying to get you off Erynn- upon Roshan's request..." Her eyes welled with frustrated tears once more, looking away from him. She wouldn't touch him, she needed to explain, "I didn't have a choice, I wanted to draw her attention- but instead I hurt the only person who gave a damn about me outside of my family and Ced. Literally the third person I would have ever called a friend. Th-that look in your eye..." Her fingers dug into her palm.

"I hoped that I never would see that in your eyes again, and the tone of your voice, it hurt more than I could have expected- I swear, I didn't mean... it to hurt you. But I have to also thank you for that as well- hell, it gave that thing the ability to half take over. It was only because of that that I wasn't mur-" Okay nope. She shook her head, sighing in frustration. He'd know what she was talking about.

Instead of just walking out, she stepped forward and embraced him in a tight hug. For once, she actually remembered something. "Don't eat them." She said with a smile on her face, "I didn't give you permission to do so. But, honestly, thank you for helping Cedric do that, he... Was such a cute and nervous butterfly- I don't think he would have been able to do that without help from you. But... Dear Light it would have been hard for you." Just as suddenly as she began the hug, she withdrew from him.  

Horror then filled her being. "Wait, why are you waiting until now to say this..?" A frown pulled on her face, worry shining in her eyes.

Cedric's voice sounded, then she frowned. "Why would we need to put a lightning rod down? I thought you had perfect control over lightning?" Her voice was teasing, and she could almost feel Water laughing again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negene
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Wed Jun 21 2017, 09:15

"Their emotions say otherwise. Roshan's going down into the darkness, I can taste it without even touching him. It's concerning..." The Siren closed his eyes, shaking his head. He gently turned aside from her, staring down with guilt. God, he felt like a monster for leaving like this on her engagement day. Gods, it was even worse when he considered what was a possibility of happening-

Stop thinking like that she'll know.

Taking a deep breath, he looked at her before cracking a smile. "I've gotta hunt down my Lyralai, and I'll be gone for a little while. I couldn't just leave you without saying something if I wound up gone for a few years, now could I? That'd be a shitty thing for a friend to do. And I believe Cedric wants to use a Lightning rod for when he ah. Overloads." A small smile came to his lips at the joke. Of course, it didn't last long as he frowned down at her.

"I didn't mean to. I cannot help it, if I'm honest." His eyes went soft, looking away. "I've been starved since she left. Each plane, leaping between the shadows looking for her. She's no where. So I have to go.. I have to look where there are no shadows. I have to go to the In Between. If she was too weak to get out, she could be needing me more than she'd be free to admit."

Sighing, he felt his head gently rest on the door frame. Gods. He missed his Lyralai.. Her eyes, how they looked like gemstones under a soft violet light. How her skin felt under his, her smile, her emotions... He had to fight back tears before shrugging it off. It wasn't Vy's fault she didn't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vyllaea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   Wed Jun 21 2017, 11:37

"And he's an Angel, a Celestial. Light help him if he falls to his own darkness that he swore to protect Light from." She didn't approve of admitting that Roshan was falling, an Angel falling from the small grace that he had, what little of his past life he had. All due to the fact he just didn't know what to do anymore. Vyllaea could see it in his eyes, a shadow over those cheerful sapphire eyes that grew darker each night.

The blush on her cheeks, followed by Waters gentle laughter, came to her ears when Negene so helpfully pointed that out to her. Well, Vyllaea had to learn one way or another, and well, at least it was because Negene told her.

That... was when her heart faltered.

Vyllaea's face fell.

Years? "You'll be taking Daemian and Erynn with you as well then, if you're going there..." Oh Light he was going to be gone for potentially years? They all were? "But if you've been starving, then you may not even have the strength yourself to get her out- what if you get stuck in there as well, simply because you don't have the strength to push yourself out? ... Well, I suppose if you have Erynn and my brother, then... You should be able to pull yourself through it, yea... He's not going to like going back. But, you going there, doing that for her, I do understand that you care so much for her. But if she's truly worth so much of your time searching, please Negene, can you promise me one thing?" Her eyes turned desperate, worry howling like a fire in her heart, her hand gently resting against his his shoulder, trying to convey how damn desperate she was that she needed him to do this. She didn't care if he ate. "I don't care how long you're gone for. One day. Two months. A decade. Promise me, please, that when you come back... You'll come back. You'll come back and bring her here, so we can meet this young lady who's caught your heart. Please, Negene."

She gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze before pulling it to her mouth, coughing lightly into her hand. "And you promise me that you're going to come back, no matter how long it'll take you... I don't care if you fight against me saying this, I just... It'd help settle my worry- please, Negene." Dammit, she wanted to offer for her and Ced to go with them...

But she couldn't. Some things you just had to do on your own. She wasn't even aware of the tears falling down her cheeks. He'd come back, apologised, just in case... He wasn't going to come back...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reforging What was Lost (Private)   

Back to top Go down

Reforging What was Lost (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1